MSUSpartan32
    MSUSpartan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

Coug, love you mixing in all the Big 10 plays this weekend. I like my Spartans in this spot, especially with Decker out. The multiple offensive looks the Gophers will give them, could pose some problems, but Dantonio has proven in the last 3 years he can rally the troops after tough losses. Wisconsin game will be very interesting to me. Purdue is such a hard team to figure out. I'd be on your side if was to play the game though. Just one play for me this weekend. Better win, because 0-1 would be brutal.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

kotzwell,

Agreed. I like Miami in this spot. Hoping that Wake's luck at home ends here. It's okay to bet on your team, but I (for one) rarely do. Sometimes I even bet against them. In fact, I am betting against my team today. My solution, is I don't watch that game live. I usually TiVo it and check it out after I know the final score.

odusmykal,

TheBetBuysDank,

Glad we'll be on those games together. Yes, there's always that risk with Florida but this being a Rivalry game and at a neutral site, I couldn't resist the high number. Maybe Vegas knows something I don't. We'll find out at the end of the day. Either way, you have to love the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party...

MSU,

Yeah I have been going heavy on Big Ten plays of late. I have just seen a lot of value on the board, plus I tend to watch as much Big Ten football as anything else since I get the Big Ten Network as part of my sports package. I have been pretty good this year betting on/against the Spartans so I hope that streak continues today. I don't understand the line...if you know anything about Dantonio you know he'll have his team ready to go, even after the tough loss against Iowa. Decker being out is huge. Anyone who has watched Minnesota without him this year, knows exactly what I mean. As for the Wisconsin game, yeah, Purdue can put up the points, I just think they will run into a brick wall when they try to stop the Badger run game. Plus I think Camp Randall is one of the toughest places in all of college football to play, especially on Halloween weekend. If anyone has ever been to Madison during Halloween they know exactly what I mean! It's crazy. GL to you today MSU

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

2-0 on the early tilts...easy money...now on to the meat of the day. GL with your plays boys let's make some cash

RobbReport
    RobbReport's Avatar Become A Pro!

where is this meat of the day you speak of?

atlman_7
    atlman_7's Avatar Become A Pro!

on all your pics exceot miami and rutgers, saw rutgers already covered thugh.

RobbReport

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    Thursday 10/29

North Carolina +16.5 (1 unit)

Saturday 10/31

South Carolina +6
    Michigan State -3.5

All Saturday plays are for 3 units. GL everyone!

playing these

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Meat of the day...have 5 picks after 2:30 so that's the main portion of my day...

Miami getting rolled right now...looks bad...Georgia...eh...not so hot...hopefully things turn around. Even Michigan not dominating...

RobbReport

Meat of the day...have 5 picks after 2:30 so that's the main portion of my day...

yeah, was asking where the plays were...found em.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by RobbReport View Post
    yeah, was asking where the plays were...found em.
    No problem...sorry sometimes you gotta dig...all my plays for the year are posted here though. It's just so much easier for me to manage.

Michigan is pissing me off.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

3-5 for the week...absolutely horrible...worst week I've had in over a month. I'll be back next week and will try to do better. No excuses from me, sometimes you just lose. The 3 M's played real bad...Michigan, Miami, and Michigan St. all looked like garbage on defense...

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Thursday, November 5

ECU +13

Saturday, November 7

Wisconsin -10.5
    Kansas State +3
    Navy +11
    Texas A&M -3
    Duke +10
    LSU +8
    Houston +1.5
    Connecticut +16.5

All plays this week are for 2 units. GL everyone

ohiostate
    ohiostate's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL this week cougar

Sirus73
    Sirus73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

What do you think of the S.Carolina/ Arkansas game?

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

ohiostate,

Sirus,

I think Arkansas probably has a little too much offense for South Carolina to handle and would lean that way. Another interesting fact is in the last month Arkansas has only won games at home and SC has only lost games on the road. Liked it better at -6 than the -7 it sits at now...GL with what you decide.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Might be going out of town this weekend...

A garbage push tonight on ECU that should have been a W...but what are you gonna do...that's a typical weeknight game for ya. INT with less than 2 minutes left setting up a FG for Tech.

0-0-1 until Saturday

GL board

MSUSpartan32
    MSUSpartan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

Yeah, pissed at that push as well. Kid just has to not throw a pick and we cash that one. At least I feel better than those who had EDU at +12.5

BOL this weekend, Coug.

riggs
    riggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thursday, November 5

ECU +13

Saturday, November 7

Wisconsin -10.5
    Kansas State +3
    Navy +11
    Texas A&M -3
    Duke +10
    LSU +8
    Houston +1.5
    Connecticut +16.5

All plays this week are for 2 units. GL everyone

GL this week C-Bait, Houston +1.5 is now Houston -2.5 (4 point swing already).

I'm all over Houston +1 and LSU +9 (Got them early)

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cougar Bait: Still bored? Have the urge to bet for all my 84 points? Take your pick of any of the following:

Cougar Bait Serbone

Baylor + 14 (@ MU)
    OK State - 7.5 (@ Iowa St)
    S. Carolina + 7 (@ Arkansas)
    Arizona State + 10 (vs. USC)

bypp
    bypp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

Coug, on a lot of the same plays as you. GL and let's cash it

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Anybody know what the HELL is goin on with that Oklahoma line????

Dfjay9
    Dfjay9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3196

gl all

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

MSU,

It was a really unlucky play there...what can you do? Basically a 10 point game for 3 quarters, felt like I capped it on the right side, but end up with a push...looks like your Spartans are rolling as expected. GL today.

Riggs,

Those are couple solid plays I think...Don't understand the line movement in the Houston game and don't care. Hopefully I wasn't deceived as I broke that one down...LSU/Bama should be low scoring. Hoping the Tigers luck at Tuscaloosa continues...later bro

Serbone,

I just got back from Iowa City (hit a few bars and hit on a few Cougars, though the town is crawling with mostly young tail) so I just saw your proposal. Unfortunately for me I don't care for your proposition. Fortunately for you, I think you'll have a good day with those plays. BOL to you, but I'll have to pass.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Adding:

Oklahoma -5 (2 units)

2-2-1 so far today with LSU covering currently and 2 other night games on the card.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

My mistake. Had Duke as a 10 point loser and a push. Turns out I got burned on that one too...wow what a day...Screwed by Texas A&M, Duke, and LSU...all covering all game only to give it up at the end...2-4 so far...ugh...hoping for a better night. Need an avatar change to right the ship.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

4-5 today. 4-5-1 for the week.

Terrible. Shouldn't have added that Oklahoma game. They are completely inept on offense. Houston and UConn covering made the day stomachable. Is stomachable a word? Anyway, I am re-thinking going back to the 7 play rule. Seems anytime I add more plays, it doesn't work out. Also, need to trust my gut a little more. Haven't looked back at the leans, but remembered having Louisville on there and they covered. Really wanted to play that one too. The "look ahead games"...most of them covered as well I believe.

riggs
    riggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Already got my plays locked in for the week Cougs, need to borrow your brain for a second! Let me know what you think?

Miami (OH) ML

Temple -3 (-120)

*Northwestern +5 (Love it, & want to play the ML)

Indiana +27

Baylor +24.5

Tennessee +5

Kansas +3.5

Notre Dame +6.5

Arizona +1

Georgia -3 (-130)

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

I should be posting my plays later tonight. Working on the card as I type this. Tennessee looks very inviting, as does Kansas. Kansas has Texas next week so they will need a win here to be bowl eligible. At home, coming off a loss to a rival, motivation should no be a problem. Indiana is on my card. That is just too many points for Penn State. I have more reasons I like Indiana, might do a couple write-ups this week if time permits. Temple looks solid, Illinois could be starting a redshirt freshman at QB this week...might not be a bad play. I will look into it more. I love Pat Fitzgerald and can't stand Zook....had a lean to Pitt early in the week...the others I have no opinion on. GL Riggs

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Posting plays on Wednesday like I have all year. Hoping to turn it around after a lousy 4-5-1 last week.

Thursday, November 12

Rutgers +1

Friday, November 13

Temple -4
    West Virginia +9

Saturday, November 14

Indiana +26
    Kentucky -3
    Missouri PICK
    Kansas +4
    Miami -3
    Pittsburgh -6.5

All plays for 2 units. Write ups for Saturday games to follow. GL everyone

bypp
    bypp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

Really liking the plays, I think Pitt will dominate ND and definitely don't see PSU covering over 20 pts. GL coug.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Indiana +26

In my opinion Penn State has had one of the easier schedules in CFB this year to be such a big favorite. Their only real tests (Iowa and Ohio State) they lost to. Indiana has played very tough of late against Wisconsin, Iowa and early in the year on the road against Michigan. Penn State goes on the road next week to face Michigan State and after a drubbing last week against a mediocre Ohio State team (at home) I feel this is just too big a spread to pass up. Indiana has scored at least 24 points the last 4 games and if they get to 14 I think they should cover here. Penn State also has problems on the offensive line, which lost left guard Johnnie Troutman to a calf injury early in the Ohio State game. They went on to run the ball 30 times for 76 yards.

Kentucky -3

Thomas Welch being out for Vandy is a pretty big injury for them as Welch is considered the top blocker and the most consistent player on the offensive line. Larry Smith is out for the year and Adams will play in his place. He is experienced but is not the better QB. With only 2 wins to their credit, I think this Vanderbilt team has thrown in the towel. If Kentucky can get some pressure and force some mistakes here, I like them to become bowl eligible on Saturday.

Kansas +4

This is a sandwich game if I've ever seen one for Nebraska. They just got done beating Oklahoma at home which was a big win for this team and Bo and now they go on the road to face a reeling Kansas team that lost to their rival and needs at least one more win to be bowl eligible. Next week who does Nebraska find themselves facing? Kansas State. There should be plenty of reason to like the Jayhawks here getting points at home against a Nebraska team that has a hard time putting points on the board. 47 points total in their last 4 games.

Missouri PICK

The public is all over Kansas State and the line continues to fall. A situation like this requires more analysis than usual and I found myself initially liking K State at first glance when the lines came out. The Kansas St. pass defense is weak (as is Missouri's). But the Tigers have the offensive firepower at QB and WR to exploit it, whereas the Wildcats rely on a solid ground game and smart QB play. I still think Grant Gregory is playing above his head and will make some mistakes in this game. After a solid win against rival Kansas they could be in a let-down AND look-ahead spot here with a big game in Nebraska on deck.

Miami -3

Miami just has the better players, especially at the skill positions. Shaun Draughn, UNC's starting tailback is out for the year and the load will fall on Ryan Houston who is a good replacement but will not offer the change of pace run game that UNC has relied on with the 2-back system they've had all year. This will require more out of T.J. Yates and I just think Miami is far too talented to allow themselves to get beat by a UNC pass game that averages 152 yards a game. If they get behind early, this game should be an easy cover. Not to mention UNC's Senior C Lowell Dyer is questionable and may not play...Sean Spence for Miami is also a concern. He is a great player and Miami's D will miss him as they are thin at linebacker, but not enough to not give the 3. Miami plays Duke next week at home and UNC goes on the road at Boston College so this an important game for both teams but only Miami is in real consideration for a top-flite bowl game. Take the chalk.

Pittsburgh -6.5

There probably aren't too many football teams running the football better than Pittsburgh right now, and there certainly aren't too many teams stopping the run worse than Notre Dame. After getting beat at home the Irish travel to Heinz Field and face the 8-1 Pitt Panthers. They should see a steady diet of freshman RB Dion Lewis (12TD's, 1,139yds.) and the Irish allow almost 150/yds a game on the ground. Another thing to consider is Pitt has been winning and covering this year. Take a look at the numbers. They are 6-2 ATS for the year and 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games. Take Pitt and fade the banged up Irish. TE Kyle Rudolph is OUT for this game. He is a key player in the passing attack this year as he has 34 grabs for 364 yards and 3 TD's. Claussen, Allen, and Robinson are all probable but you have to think these constant injuries are taking their toll. Lay the 6.5 and send Charlie packing.
    Last edited by Cougar Bait; 11-11-09 at 07:57 PM.

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Coug's.......I've secretely (never openly as I wouldn't do that anyhow) questioned some of your cards in the past, not this week though. I like this card very very much.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Good to know Wal. I am open to criticism as long as it has some merit. Glad to have your gold stamp of approval. Or should I say creamsicle? Love the old Tamp unis. They should wear them every week. Personally, I don't understand why all the teams don't go back to the old uniforms. Except Denver's brown ones. God, those were awful. GL this week man.

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

No criticism here. I'm already on Kentucky and looks like Indiana will make my list as well. Staying away on Pitts even thoug I kind of like them Notre Dame kind of worries me. They aren't that good but they can get to scoring at times. Also like Miami but haven't done my work on that game yet. The others aren't on my radar but not because they don't have potential just because there is only so many hours in a week.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by bypp View Post
    Really liking the plays, I think Pitt will dominate ND and definitely don't see PSU covering over 20 pts. GL coug.
    Glad you agree bypp, GL this week

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Indiana +26

Kansas +4 This is a sandwich game if I've ever seen one for Nebraska.

Missouri PICK The public is all over Kansas State and the line continues to fall. A situation like this requires more analysis than usual

Pittsburgh -6.5 Another thing to consider is Pitt has been winning and covering this year. Take a look at the numbers. They are 6-2 ATS for the year and 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games.

I totally agree with the reasoning you used for the top three plays, but here is my feeling on Pitt....

--- Bet against trends. By the time trends have become stat worthy, they are irrelevant. Better to be able to prognosticate how a team is playing, and bet on them while the trend is forming. Did it with Idaho(CFB) this year. They went on a 7-0 ATS run, and I got on with the last 4 then was able to jump off at the right time.

First ... 2345678 ... Last