lb49ers
    lb49ers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16822

Cougar Bait ignore the idiots...good luck on your card.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

lb49ers,

Thanks. Appreciate it. I don't mind discussing the picks (good or bad). When people allude to questioning your credibility when they themselves have none, that's a totally different thing. I wish there was an I.Q. test required to get into this thread. Then maybe I wouldn't have to deal with jackoffs with a 3rd grade education.
    Last edited by Cougar Bait; 10-20-09 at 05:04 PM.

Rixsaw
    Rixsaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    7 of those look awfully familiar!
    If you are not here to discuss a pick, a game, or wish everyone best of luck then get the Fuk out. Create your own thread to post your own crap.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

0-1 today on garbage Tulsa...oh well...that's how I started last week and it ended up pretty good. Rolling with FSU tomorrow night. See you boys then. Thanks Rixsaw.

kotzwell88
    kotzwell88's Avatar Become A Pro!

What are your top 2 or 3 picks?

atlman_7
    atlman_7's Avatar Become A Pro!

like all your picks except clemson who i cant figure out and michigan.
    both are no plays for me. good luck with your plays

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

kotzwell,

If I had to chose I really like TCU, South Florida, and Boston College. But I don't grade my plays because sometimes the ones that you like the most don't cover and others end up surprising you.

atlman,

Clemson is a head-scratcher from week to week, but I believe they will be fired up for this game and give the U all they can handle. Their QB needs to play with his head on straight. Their D and run game should take care of the rest. GL with what you decide.

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'
    TheBetBuysDanK's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice card, coug. first time poster in your thread. big ups on the comeback this season. I just scrolled through your entire post and youve done awesome these last few weeks after a rocky start, congrats. last weekend and last night absolutely killed me. got a little too confident in some plays and upped the units i bet....didnt work out. love the idaho and iowa plays, although I'll likely tease idaho. Good luck this week, homey!

kotzwell88

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    kotzwell,

If I had to chose I really like TCU, South Florida, and Boston College. But I don't grade my plays because sometimes the ones that you like the most don't cover and others end up surprising you.

atlman,

Clemson is a head-scratcher from week to week, but I believe they will be fired up for this game and give the U all they can handle. Their QB needs to play with his head on straight. Their D and run game should take care of the rest. GL with what you decide.
    Thanx dude, I know how you feel. As for Clemson, I am a 'cane fan and even if I wasn't this would be a Game-To-Stay-Away-From for me, I could easily see a blowout with them playing man against us or just as easily see a 2-3 point win. Not worth touching IMO. Their front 7 is real nice to so, IMO, STAY AWAY

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

TheBetBuysDank,

Can you explain your profile name? I get the dank part...also love that avatar...very nice...anyway...yeah it was a real, real, rough start. If I hadn't managed my money I would have tanked for sure. There are a few weeks in the middle of the season where it seems like the games are easier to cap (for me) and Vegas just isn't as sharp. Then, as the season gets closer to the end it gets difficult again. I'd take weeks like the last 3 I've had every week, but if I could do that, I'd actually BE in Vegas. GL with your plays

kotzwell,

Clemson I think is probably one of the riskier picks on my card, but I really think they can hang with the Canes. I see this as a low scoring game, and if it is dominated by defense I believe the points will come in handy. I wish you a one point victory for your Canes.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

1-1 with the weeknight games plus I won by bet with Serbone for his 135 betpoints so not a bad night overall...not going to take my chances with Friday night and will just wait for the weekend. A big card so a lot is on the line.
    Last edited by Cougar Bait; 10-23-09 at 06:38 AM.

nickelchip
    nickelchip's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey Cougar been following your posts for awhile. Like your the way you approach your games and the reasoning behind your pics. I was just wondering what your record so far is this year was? If you will, thanks.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Thanks nickel,

I started out rough. The first 4 weeks I was 13-23, down about 18 units. Since then I am 20-8-1 and up around 25 units.

Hoping for another good week this week, but so far just 1-1. All the plays are documented here if anyone wants to double check it. Oh, I also do a spreadsheet but there are some NFL plays mixed in there.
    Points Awarded:

nickelchip gave Cougar Bait 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Still waiting for Serbone to pay up his 135 betpoints from our bet last night.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

You probly be waiting a long time a douche like that comes 2 hate gets proven wrong and changes his name! Nice card gl this week bro

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    You probly be waiting a long time a douche like that comes 2 hate gets proven wrong and changes his name! Nice card gl this week bro
    Game was over very late last nite, got up, paid Cougar Bait first thing this morning... and then I see Cougar Bait had left 4 messages (that I know of) plus this from you for me to pay up. WTF?
    Last edited by Serbone; 10-23-09 at 10:14 AM.

atlman_7
    atlman_7's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like your reasoning. Clemson always fails on me so you don't want me taking them too. Do you have a quick write up on
    Michigan?

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Game was over very late last nite, got up, paid Cougar Bait first thing this morning... and then I see Cougar Bait had left 4 messages (that I know of) plus this from you for me to pay up. WTF?
    Let's give Serbone some credit. I asked him to pay up and he did, in relatively quick fashion. No offense Serbone, sometimes you just don't know who to trust around here. Now I know that you are honest enough to bet with, so it's no big deal. There are some in the forum that can not be trusted.

twincities77
    twincities77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Cougar do you do writeups as well? I'm curious as to some of your picks (not that I disagree, just curious as to your thoughts).

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by atlman_7 View Post
    I like your reasoning. Clemson always fails on me so you don't want me taking them too. Do you have a quick write up on Michigan?
    Michigan +4.5

I like Michigan for a few reasons. First of all, and most importantly, if you think you can find a dog that has a good chance of winning a game outright, you take it. Michigan has played very well at home as well. So we have a home dog with good value here. The Wolverines are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 home games. I think Penn State is a very good football team, but I believe Michigan will be able to move the ball as they will be using both quarterbacks in this game. Rodruigez has said that Tate Forcier and Denard Robinson will both see playing time. That makes it a bit more difficult for the defense to get into a rhythm. If you watched the last half of the Iowa/Michigan game you know exactly what I am talking about. Penn State hasn't beaten Michigan at the Big House since 1996, so history is also on our side as well. Look at last years' game. It was played at Happy Valley against an absolutely INFERIOR Michigan team and it took Penn State 3 quarters to get the lead. A win for both teams is crucial and I believe it will be a close game. However, in these type of scenarios I always take the dog.

twincities77

What are your thoughts on Iowa and Navy if you don't mind sharing Cougar?

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Iowa -1

The strength of the Iowa team without a doubt is their defense. They come in giving up only 15 points a game and 3 of those games were against Wisconsin, Michigan, and Penn State...all pretty good teams that can move the ball. And two of those on the road and all three were wins. I don't know if they are getting the respect they deserve here. I think both coaches are really good and wouldn't really give a definitive edge to either one, the quarterback position is where I see a real advantage for Iowa. Stanzi should be able to exploit the Michigan State secondary and make big plays, especially downfield. MSU is giving up 235 yards a game through the air and Johnson-Koulianos and a veteran receiving core should be able to take advantage. Last I heard Keith Nichol was questionable. And Cousins has a great arm, but I think he still needs a bit more seasoning before we can call him a stud. Another reason I like Stanzi is his ability to put mistakes behind him (pick 6 on the first drive in the Michigan game) is a really important trait to have in a QB on the road in a hostile environment. Iowa is my play.

twincities77

Thank you for the writeup.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Navy -3

Everyone knows about Navy's run game, so there's no sense in me going on and on about how they can control the clock, and thus control the game. Ricky Dobbs has 16 (yes, 16) rushing TD's on the year. The real key to this matchup is how will Skinner preform against the veteran Navy 3-4 (10 of it's 11 starters are seniors) that is allowing less than 200 yards a game through the air. Riley Skinner threw 3 of his 9 picks on the year last week at home against Baylor, and if Wake gets down early, you may see them go to the air more often. A quick start is key here, but you can't count Navy out if they get down...they have great coaching and play for 60 minutes. Everyone remembers the Ohio State game, but apparently Vegas forgot.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by twincities77 View Post
    Thank you for the writeup.
    No problem twincities, I usually don't bother with it, because I know why I am playing a specific game, plus I am lazy but hopefully it helped make your mind up one way or the other.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    Wednesday 10/21 Tulsa -7 (1 unit) Thursday 10/22 Florida St. (1 unit) Saturday 10/24 South Florida +7 Navy -3 Boston College +9 Clemson +6 Michigan +4.5 Idaho +13.5 Iowa -1 Auburn +8 TCU -1.5 All Saturday plays are for 3 units. GL everyone!
    After reading Houlihans post about Dobbs being out, I called my bookie and he was also on this play and holding it for other players because of the status of Dobbs. I got it scratched and took it off my spreadsheet. If you haven't played Navy yet, DON'T. Watch it cover now.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Early games went 2-3, but have 3 night games, so hopefully I can turn a profit.

I think Nevada will still be scoring when the night games are over.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

4-4 on the day, 5-5 for the week.

Nothing to write home about. See you guys with leans tomorrow night.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Thursday 10/29

North Carolina +16.5 (1 unit)

Saturday 10/31

Wisconsin -6.5
    Rutgers +7.5
    Miami -7
    Georgia +15
    Michigan -7
    South Carolina +6
    Michigan State -3.5

All Saturday plays are for 3 units. GL everyone!

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Wisconsin -6.5

As is usually the case with the Badgers, it's run first, pass second. Wisconsin ranks second in the Big Ten and 28th in the country in rushing offense at better than 184-yards per game. Running back John Clay is the Big Ten's leader in rushing at 102-yards a game. The sophomore also leads the conference with 7 rushing touchdowns. When they've needed to throw, the Badgers have proven they can do so. Junior QB Scott Tolzien has completed at least 60 % of his passes in every game. Tolzien has thrown 9 TD passes and 8 INT's. Tolzien's top target is senior TE Garrett Graham. Graham leads all Big Ten TE's and is fifth nationally with 29 catches. He also has 4 touchdown grabs. However, protecting the QB has been a problem for Wisconsin, they've given up 10 sacks in their last two games. In this matchup however, I don't see it being too big a deal.

The Wisconsin "D' has forced 17 turnovers, that's good for 21st in the country. The Badgers have not allowed a Big Ten opponent to rush for more than 100-yards this season. One area the Badgers are scrambling at is the injury one. Redshirt freshman linebacker, Mike Taylor, the team's leading tackler was lost for the season due to a knee injury suffered against Iowa on October 17th. His fill-in, freshman Chris Borland, filled in admirably against the Hawkeyes when he recorded a career best 10 tackles and added a QB sack. The Badgers best defender is defensive end O'Brien Schofield. Schofield is tied for the NCAA lead with 16.5 tackles-for-loss. His 6.5 sacks are second best in the Big Ten. Senior safety Chris Maragos, a former walk-on, is responsible for 4 turnovers in '09.

Since the start of the 2004 season, when Bielema joined the Wisconsin staff as a defensive coordinator, the Badgers are 34-4 at Camp Randall Stadium. Another thing to consider about this game is according to the NCAA stats, Wisconsin has played the 11th-toughest schedule in the country in 2009. The Badgers have won 22 straight home games against unranked teams. Wisconsin has played in a bowl game in seven straight seasons. The Badgers have won the last three meetings against the Boilermakers. Purdue will be trying to win three straight games for the first time since 2007, however I don't think it happens Saturday. The Wisconsin line outweighs the Purdue front 4 by about 500 pounds and I think sustained drives and a tired Purdue defense is the key to this game. After a nice by week I think the Purdue magic slips here on the road and the Badgers cover the 6.5.
    Last edited by Cougar Bait; 10-29-09 at 07:07 PM.

angelodebo
    angelodebo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2429

Cougar..like UNC too.

On your other game..I'm all over Miami -7 and South Carolina +6.

Miami's offensive coordinator (Mark Wipple) is great when his offense is able to operate w/o being "blown up" by talented defensive players. Miami's players are better all around compared to Wake. Miami's offense will score and score often. I think Miami wins easily.

The old ball coach knows how to pick apart defenses..but more importantly..S.C defense is solid. And Tenn will have trouble scoring against the S.C defense. This game will be very close. Take the pts!

Good luck Cougar!

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Yes, Angelo looks like we were on the right side tonight. Seemed obvious, but you never can tell with these weeknight games so I always go small. Hopefully our luck will continue through the weekend. Agree with your analysis on Miami. The only thing that worries me a little is the injury to Sean Spence. However, I believe The U will come out firing on all cylinders and just has too much on offense for this Wake team. As for SC, in low scoring affairs with teams that have great defenses taking the points is usually wise. GL to you this week

kotzwell88

Homer pick, I know but in this case I do believe Miami covers easily especially after a rough loss. Whipple is pissed and is going to want to air the ball out and then some...I think both miami, and the over in this game, but, def Miami -7. I very rarely bet on games that I am a true fan of, but, its too hard to stay away from -7 at shitty wake

odusmykal
    odusmykal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5944

Nice card CB.. I'll be playing a few of those myself.. Best of luck today.. Lets win some cash today..

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'
    TheBetBuysDanK's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice card, bud. I'm heavy on MSU, Mich, and Miami myself. also like cincy a lot this week. The GA pick is iffy for me bc i think this may be a game that FL finally decides to play well in and cover easily. BOL with the card this week!

about my name: ThebetbuysDank...I tend to smoke up some (ok, A LOT) of my gambling profits you know what the say about money won being better spent than money earned, well the same is true for good weed. Cheers.

First 1234567 ... Last