GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Jones took a nasty upkick(illegal) in the fight against vera... it took him very little time to recover and within seconds he proceeded to break that man's orbital... If you don't believe me go watch the fight and look at the kick he took to the face. Reminded me of the one Spider landed on okami in their match awhile back that ended it in DQ for Silva... (Although I am sure the majority of folks on here besides the hardcore even know what I am talking about)... Flame away if you want

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

ive got respect for jones but dont all of you say this about evry big time fighter evry time they get a roll going? this is virtualy the same arguments people had for lesnar a few months ago "hes too good" "Hes to big" Hes too athletic" "no one will beat him" then bang he gets beat and nowone talks about him anymore. like i said all the respect to john jones but get off his nuts hes the best untill the next guy is.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

I think it will take a fighter with tremendous take down defense and cardio to beat Jones. Jones slowed down a lot in the second round so it would be interesting to see how he would do in the championship rounds.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

maybe not on paper, but in reality the gustafsson win is huge. Gustaffson is on a tear right now, if gustafsson met ryan bader, i would probably pick gustafsson. He clearly is better standin, and his ground and pound is better than ryan baders lay and pray.

But, when gustafsson was training with phil davis for three weeks ago , his trainer was not in doubt, davies was still quite a handful for gustaffson.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will. Again, once I recover from the knee surgery I had last summer. I fought unprepared.

robotralph
    robotralph's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Jones will retire with the belt strapped against his waist.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

fedor should seriously think about dropping to lhw. a lot more interesting fights for him at lhw than hw imo.

Conan

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    fedor should seriously think about dropping to lhw. a lot more interesting fights for him at lhw than hw imo.
    I would love to see this however he is geting older and i'm not sure he has the will to make a move like this.

cooldavid3169
    cooldavid3169's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldRush7 View Post
    Wow... I just witnessed one of the most incredible performances to date
    Jon Jones is going to beat himself. I think he isn't going to handle the the spotlight to well.

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

What makes you think he can't handle the spotlight? He might have the best head on his shoulders of any young athlete I've ever seen

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

I think it is safe to say that Phil Davis is a long way off. I know people have been floating his name out there.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

As match ups go, Rashad's probably has the best shot right now. Phil isn't as far off as most people would expect, if were strictly talking about him and Jon Jones fighting for the belt.

A Rashad win will be like watching paint dry, probably resembling the Ortiz/Matyushenko championship fight at UFC 33.

Beating Jon Jones is going to be an ugly win, no matter who the opponent is. A fight going all five rounds, where you force Jones into a clinch game by getting him up against the fence would really be ideal. Keep it close and hope you get the judges decision.
    Last edited by Chairib; 03-27-11 at 09:13 PM.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    As match ups go, Rashad's probably has the best shot right now. Phil isn't as far off as most people would expect, if were strictly talking about him and Jon Jones fighting for the belt.

A Rashad win will be like watching paint dry, probably resembling the Ortiz/Matyushenko championship fight at UFC 33.

Beating Jon Jones is going to be an ugly win, no matter who the opponent is. A fight going all five rounds, where you force Jones into a clinch game by getting him up against the fence would really be ideal. Keep it close and hope you get the judges decision.
    agreed. jones' reach makes it so the best way to win imo is to close taht distance. basically take him down or play the clinch game as you said.

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

hector lombard!

sportsfanatic
    Update your status

only one that can beat jon jones is cain velazquez. a heavyweight with good wrestling and knockout power.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status

all the current lhw are too small to out wrestle him. sort of like how i think sonnen would be a bad matchup for gsp.

Conan

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    all the current lhw are too small to out wrestle him. sort of like how i think sonnen would be a bad matchup for gsp.
    why are you talking Sonnen GSP? GSP is fighing shields next and if he wins its probably going to be a super fight with gsp and silva.

Pin2Win
    Pin2Win's Avatar Become A Pro!

For beating Jone Jones... the guys good but great matchups would be Rashad, Tito (if he ground and pounds him) maybe give Forest another run at the title, Machida, He's going to have a lot of fighters gunning for him and those are some huge named fighters, I think all those names would be great fights to watch regardless if JONES wins or loses

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Pin2Win View Post
    For beating Jone Jones... the guys good but great matchups would be Rashad, Tito (if he ground and pounds him) maybe give Forest another run at the title, Machida, He's going to have a lot of fighters gunning for him and those are some huge named fighters, I think all those names would be great fights to watch regardless if JONES wins or loses

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

If we're throwing in Tito we might as well get Mark Coleman back. He is the godfather of ground and pound.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

is this tito thing some internet joke?

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

someone

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation MMA View Post
    hector lombard!
    Too small, but it would be fun to watch for sure.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

jon jones

sportsfanatic
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    why are you talking Sonnen GSP? GSP is fighing shields next and if he wins its probably going to be a super fight with gsp and silva.
    i was making a hypothetical comparison regarding fighting styles.

NickTheGrip
    NickTheGrip's Avatar Become A Pro!

nobody will beat him in the forseeable future

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 490

nobody at 205

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

not sure right now, but we have seen hot streaks before.

im predicting he fights randy at the nye card this year

sportsfanatic
    Update your status

i think jones is the best wrestler at lhw. even better than rashad and davis.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by shady610 View Post
    not sure right now, but we have seen hot streaks before. im predicting he fights randy at the nye card this year
    I think they'll wait and do Jones v. Couture on Randy's 50th birthday.

LayingThe$Down
    LayingThe$Down's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shady610 View Post
    not sure right now, but we have seen hot streaks before.

im predicting he fights randy at the nye card this year
    Win or lose against Machida Randy is going to retire after the fight.

And I highly doubt Randy can survive 3 rounds against Machida without getting stopped, anyway, which almost makes retirement certain, especially considering Randy's comments on the subject.

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/stor...ml?CMP=OTC-RSS

The 47-year-old has officially retired once before, only to then emerge from the shadows to win the heavyweight title against Tim Sylvia. Couture has hinted on various occasions since then that he would not fight again, but this time he is refraining from any big announcements, merely admitting that he cannot imagine putting his body through the rigours of another training camp.

"There's a big chance this is my last fight," Couture said on the ESPN UFC Podcast. "I'm not going to be making any official announcements, I don't think anybody would buy it - I already did that once!
    "But I'm in terrific shape, I'm feeling confident about Lyoto and dialling into the attack and how we're going to get our hands on him. There's a lot of other things calling me now, and there's a chance this is the last one.
    "I've got several other movies lined up, The Expendables 2 is coming up in September, and I've got my other businesses like the clothing company and the extension of the gym.
    "Frankly, I'm tired of grinding it out, it's time to enjoy life."

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

The person that will beat Jon Jones is Jon Jones himself.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

King Mo is talkin on Jon Jones now

I think it broadsided [Rashad Evans], because they both make an agreement and all of a sudden someone reneges. I would never fight Daniel (Cormier) definitely, and he would never fight me. But then all of a sudden if he went behind my back and said, 'I'll fight Mo' on T.V., and I don't know - that's a ho-move. And a ho-move deserves an ass whipping. I know none of my training partners that are my brothers would ever pull a ho-move like that

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/4/11/21...t-beat-by-king

sportsfanatic
    Update your status

what i find interesting is that jon jones already knows he can beat anybody so he hasn't made this friend fighting friend stuff a big deal. rashad has only ratcheted up his protest about having to fight a "friend" after he say how badly shogun got destroyed and what a monster jon jones is.

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

If he moves up in weight, Cain would handle him.

First 1234 Last