mitmur1998
    mitmur1998's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Would love to see Silva- Jones for sure!

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by knownone View Post
    Please explain to me what else I should be impressed by? The guy has freakish length and a huge reach advantage which allows him to be unpredictable with his striking it also makes his fairly untechnical striking look masterful why? because fighters like Shogun and Bader have to telegraph punches in order to get into range while jones has a good 6 inches or so of leeway to read and react.

His takedowns and ground game are also effected by his length, He can punch you in full guard he can sink his hips and use more leverage in his take downs than your average 205'er can handle; Strength + Leverage will beat Technique and given his length Jones can create a lot of leverage.

Given that Jones walks around at about 240 when he's not in camp and his frame is more fitting of a HW than a LHW I find myself comparing him to JDS and Cain who both weigh around 240 themselves (and they don't cut) it's very hard for me to see him competing and winning against fighters he doesn't have significant size and strength advantage against.
    Do you think Jones could handle Cain? or Strike with Dos Santos?

Honestly if you take 6 inches off Jones reach do you really think he'd have the title at this point in his career?
    I certainly don't.
    I agree completely. He should be a heavy weight if he wants to test his skills. Being a bully isn't impressive to me.

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Rampage Jackson and Forrest Griffin are also guys that are huge for the LHW... both walk around at easily 230+ so I think that argument is retarded

Boddhissatva
    Boddhissatva's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

Maybe Machida....but I can't think of anyone else. This guy has looked all but invincible...but we've seen this before.

We saw it with Vitor Belfort (before his fight with Couture), we saw it with the "Machida era." ...

but then again there is something very different about Jon Jones. He has destroyed practically everyone...and made it look relatively easy.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

ha wrong thread!
    Last edited by Vaughany; 03-21-11 at 04:33 PM.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    does Rashad have any chance, Rua is 6' 1" and looked so much smaller than Jones 6'4". Rashad is 5'11" this guy is gonna look for a leg and try to hang on all fight

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

It is just Jones time, we havent seen anything like him with the athletic ability & length. They need to put Anderson Silva who has fought at 205 against him, not Pierre. That would be a mega dream fight, & give Silva the chance to finally fight a guy he'd be underdog against.

But as far as who is going to beat him? Maybe if he fights Undertaker at wrestlemania & puts takers undefeated streak on the line he might challenge him. thats a pick em

Firefox14
    Firefox14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Pabinator View Post
    It is just Jones time, we havent seen anything like him with the athletic ability & length. They need to put Anderson Silva who has fought at 205 against him, not Pierre. That would be a mega dream fight, & give Silva the chance to finally fight a guy he'd be underdog against.

But as far as who is going to beat him? Maybe if he fights Undertaker at wrestlemania & puts takers undefeated streak on the line he might challenge him. thats a pick em
    HILARIOUS

RealBets
    RealBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Rashad has a chance since he should know jones the best by being his training partner. Other then that beats the hell out of me. Silva? maybe?

jking0606
    Im banned??
    jking0606's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Wow its amazing what bones has done but dont think for a second he could even hold spiders jock strap. bones is gonna kill rashad but he should to the fight shouldnt be close... but he is the champ but bones will be smart enough to leave sleeping dogs sleep.. the last thing dana wants is the spider vd bones fight cause then u have eliminated a great up an comer with jones.. spider is a counter striker an bones is a lead striker.. spider is way to precise it would take bone to make 1 crazy spinnning backfist an spider will knock him out with his precision puch kick or elbow u name it..

jking0606
    Im banned??
    jking0606's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Quote Originally Posted by Pabinator View Post

Bones couldnt beat GSP right now GSP is in his prime just like spider bones will be great for sure but he has only been training for 3 yrs the last thing dana wants to do is put jones up against gsp or spider.. bones would have a much better shot against gsp then spider tho spider is a counter striker an the most precise puncher,kicker, an at landed elbows as a counter.. jones is a lead off puncher it would be really bad for jones.. jones fought a guy that was huge mismatch in shogun.. spider is the opposite of shogun he isnt slower then jones an he is way more skilled then jones...

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Jon Jones is going to smash a couple of people before he gets challenged. That might be right around the time Davis is coming around for a shot.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

As soon as I recover fully from my 3rd knee surgery, I will seek revenge and put Jon 'Bones' Jones in a museum once I'm finished with him.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Jones will steamroll Anderson. GSP? please thats laughable. Cain will beat him in a few years.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Rashad is gonna get a beatdown.

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Bones couldn't beat GSP right now? Get off the pipe

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wanna see him in heavyweight

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

Phil Davis is going to put this kid on his back and show him what man strength is.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

its astonishing to me that ppl are criticizing him for his size. he can make wegiht! he's merely maximizing his potential. if anything, other people should be going down a weight class if they feel he's too big.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Jon Jones will beat Jon Jones!....

LearningTree
    LearningTree's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think you need to avoid his fancy strikes and wait for him to wear himself out. His weakness is he doesn't fight efficiently. Someone will be able to outwork him.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

plenty

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

If this is what you mean, do you also think we should ban Usain Bolt from running, since he is as fast as his peers, but longer legs?

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jking0606 View Post
    Bones couldnt beat GSP right now
    Uh, are you joking? Did you forget that Jones outweighs him by 40 pounds and has an eight inch reach advantage?

Realistically, I'm not sure who can beat Jones at light heavyweight. Give Phil Davis a year to establish a well-rounded skill set and he might be able to give Bones a run for his money. As of right now though? No fighter strikes me as being a particular threat. Machida represents an interesting style match-up, but Jones has become much more efficient at using his reach over the years and might be too long for Machida to effectively work his parries and counters. While Anderson would counter punch Jones into oblivion on the feet, Jones could probably take him down at will. Anderson is inclined to attack arms off of his back, so he's a threat in that regard, but I think the most likely scenario is that Jones clobbers him with elbows and forces a stoppage.

I think the most intriguing fight for Jones lies at heavyweight. Though it's totally premature right now, seeing him fight Cain Velasquez would be very, very interesting indeed.

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Jon Jones will beat Jon Jones!....
    that is CLASSIC Vaughany hahahahhaa I was dying laughing...Phil Davis is funny as hell, love that guy

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by xelance View Post
    that is CLASSIC Vaughany hahahahhaa I was dying laughing...Phil Davis is funny as hell, love that guy
    haha yeah funny sh*t...retarded dude is oblivious!

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

I still think it really questions the athletic ability of MMA guys in general when a guy who played football in high school trains for 3 years and is the best in the world in his weight class by far. It's like soccer players thinking they are great overall athletes.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUplayer View Post
    I still think it really questions the athletic ability of MMA guys in general when a guy who played football in high school trains for 3 years and is the best in the world in his weight class by far. It's like soccer players thinking they are great overall athletes.
    Ha Let's ignore the tiny fact that he was a wrestling champ!

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Ha Let's ignore the tiny fact that he was a wrestling champ!
    lol, some people just dont and wont ever get it.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Karen Bryant interview with Rashad and his momma!...

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Karen Bryant interview with Rashad and his momma!...

I'm always surprised at the amount of hate Rashad gets. I think he's quite a likable guy.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
    I'm always surprised at the amount of hate Rashad gets. I think he's quite a likable guy.
    Yeah, my bro met him and Koscheck at one of the UFCs in London couple years ago and said they wer the 2 most friendly and genuine fighters he met!

Gravybaby
    Gravybaby's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eventually someone willcatch him with a ko punch while he is throwing one of those flying knees or spinning elbows. I don't
    know who will but considering how open he leaves himself during those unorthodox strikes, it will happen soon.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

nobody at lhw stands a chance against jones. jones has way better wrestling and size. davis hasn't beaten anyone of consequence yet.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

silva would have trouble against sonnen in a rematch don't even talk about jones. only the really good heavy weights would probably give jones trouble.

First 1234 Last