FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

where will the money be tomorrow, anyone think the line will have much of a change?

Fiasco01
    Fiasco01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDMP View Post
    There's an article on the ug where Kennedy admits he's taking Melvin down for the sub. I'm still making a small play on Melvin, Kennedy is well rounded but not outstanding in any area, I think he will have a little struggle takin him down. With Melvin being cautious of the td and Kennedy's wrestling a little suspect, IMO, I took a completes the first round prop at +150.

I also got feijao at +190 and just added some at +170. IMO he should be the favorite at these odds based on skillsets. Feijao's def wrestling looked outstanding against mo, he stayed up much better than I thought he would.

GL everyone!
    Isn't his contract up after this fight? And I'm thinking he's done with the run-around he's been getting in Strikeforce so I can't see him risking a loss. It'll be an ugly fight where Kennedy gets a dominating 30-27 victory in my opinion.

And I really like Rafa, I think Henderson is solid but Rafa will be able to grind out the W.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

i'm curious what people think about Evangelista/Masvidal.

They've both got pretty similar games I think with Evangelista tending to strike more from the clinch with knees and masvidal looking to use his longer reach. I think either one of these guys could score a TD but neither of them will be able to hold each other there.

1nce
    1nce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I think Masvidal will pick Evangelista apart for three full rounds, though i don't see him inflicting much damage but he'll score the points using mostly his jab. Masvidal's standup is a level ahead of Evangelista's and I'm not impressed by Evangelista's wrestling either, should he try to take it to the mat I think he'll have a hard time scoring the takedown. Masvidal is very calm and methodical in his striking, a bit like Kampmann and that type of style doesen't leave much openings for bullrush takedowns (see yesterdays fight). Conclusion:

8/10u on Masvidal -123

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!

The full "Strikeforce: Feijao vs. Henderson" weigh-in results included:

MAIN CARD

• Champ Rafael Cavalcante (204.5) vs. Dan Henderson (204.5) – for light heavyweight title
    • Champ Marloes Coenen (135) vs. Liz Carmouche (134) – for women's welterweight title
    • Tim Kennedy (186) vs. Melvin Manhoef (185)
    • Billy Evangelista (155.5) vs. Jorge Masvidal (155)

PRELIMINARY CARD

• Roger Bowling (170) vs. Josh Thornburg (170)
    • Billy Vaughan (152.5) vs. Jorge Gurgel (155)
    • Jason "Jay" Freeman (221.5) vs. Jason Riley (259)
    • Ian Rammel (180.5) vs. Brian Rogers (184.5)
    • Marc Cofer (185) vs. Mitch Whitesel (182.5)
    • J.P. Felty (170.5) vs. John Kuhner (170.5)

Boddhissatva
    Boddhissatva's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

update....Feijao odds dropped to +160

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Bookmaker droped feijao to +141. I played him at BetPhoenix at +170 still fyi.

I think Hendo goes down tomorrow.

Boddhissatva
    Boddhissatva's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

Update....Odds dropped again at my book. Feijao is now +150. I dropped another 5 units with him.

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!

yea, at bodog he is at +150, i'm still very tempted to throw some cash on the fight but I think i'll just be a spectator tonight. I like hendo to much to bet against him, and he still has a very scary right hand.

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by FlashinLeather View Post
    yea, at bodog he is at +150, i'm still very tempted to throw some cash on the fight but I think i'll just be a spectator tonight. I like hendo to much to bet against him, and he still has a very scary right hand.
    I feel the exact same way... i will just be watching and hoping for a hendo win... love the dude one of my favorite fighters

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Bookmaker droped feijao to +141. I played him at BetPhoenix at +170 still fyi.

I think Hendo goes down tomorrow.
    Still +170 at Betphoenix

NickBaragona
    NickBaragona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Gonna be an interesting fight (Hendo)

MMAdisciple
    MMAdisciple's Avatar Become A Pro!

Feijao down to +130. I played him religiously from +200 to current odds. Funny thing is the book got it right when they opened him at -140, but name recognition and lack of respect/exposure is a muther. Will be interesting to see if Hendo backers come back for such the "steal", since most were playing him from -240/-200. I would have had more on Feijao had it not been for 5Dimes misinforming me, I asked them twice last week if props were gonna be up for the card and they said anywhere from 2 days to the day of the card, so I held on to prop money while the late folks caught on and pounded the line in a night

I got a good filling though, truth is I would have played him until around -210...so at 'dog odds??? These are the fights I play for. But only one of two things will be certain later: I will have a REALLY good night or a REALLY bad one. **** it..."When I say I'm all in -- that means I'm all in".

Good luck, fellas...this board had this play down weeks ago

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

i put a little betpoints on em!

goblinburner
    yanks-1 1/2
    goblinburner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
    Feijao is worth a play He did pretty good in the later rounds against Mo. I think Hendo is getting old and with his recent back problems and such dont think he can stay relevant. If hendo cant take Feijao down hes in trouble.

I'm with you on this one quick night for feijao hendo will be to unpredictible with his right and as soon as he shoots in i see night night for hendo Feijao is elusive not past his prime and ready to improve his name a knockout for him against hendo will be more cash coming his way next fight.

StanleySharp
    StanleySharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Man, Hendo is my favorite fighter... but I think he's going to get knocked out. This will be a slug fest andFeijao packs serious power.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by StanleySharp View Post
    Man, Hendo is my favorite fighter... but I think he's going to get knocked out. This will be a slug fest andFeijao packs serious power.

guess theres a first time for everything

mightyminnow
    mightyminnow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

hendo will gas in this one. then tko

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Cavalcante showed good takedown defense against Lawal, either way i think Hendo wants to keep this on his feet so i could be very exciting standup fight

MMAdisciple

So far so good:

Win3/5/11 8:00pm Strikeforce Fighting 2802 Brian Rogers -345* vs Ian Rammel

Pending3/5/11 8:00pm Strikeforce Fighting 2701 Jason Freeman +210* vs Jason Riley

Freeman just won. Got these guys in some parlays and a small play for Freeman. Homework paying off so far.

StanleySharp

Just put a small amount on Chris Lozano

GoldRush7

Ready for some fights! Let's get some money boys

StanleySharp

Quote Originally Posted by GoldRush7 View Post
    Ready for some fights! Let's get some money boys

GoldRush7

Going under 2.5 rounds +195 to kick things off

MMAdisciple

Lost a small prop parlay on Misvidal/Evang under 2 1/2 +220...

MMAdisciple

The Manhoef/Kennedy match reminds me of Guillard/Dunham, the guy w/subs that should "easily" take it against the striker w/bad sub defense. Kennedy at -300 is a no play for me (w/Manhoef in small parlay), good luck Kennedy bettors.

MMAdisciple

Well never mind that!

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Lets go Henderson!!!

NickTheGrip
    NickTheGrip's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought Carmouche was going to do it for me. Good to see Henderson win though.

MMAdisciple

Damn that zit named "Feijao". Another load of cash down the drain.

I couldn't anticipate him to be so hesitant to throw. ****

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

Hendo reins again!

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

I thought Henderson really looked better than ever. Can't wait to see him fight again.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Feijao was the right play even though it lost. We had no way to know Hendo at 40 years old would turn in his best performance in close to 5 years.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Damn, yet another right play that fails to cash. Must be some record

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Damn, yet another right play that fails to cash. Must be some record
    Unless you have some kind of inside information we can only go by previous performances. Dan Henderson hasn't used his wrestling like that since the first round vs Anderson Silva. Also, he set up his big right hand in a way that hadn't been seen since Pride.

There is always going to be some variance when capping MMA just like all other sports. In fact, at times MMA can be very hard to predict at times because many fighters, especially the younger fighters, evolve greatly from fight to fight.

Another factor which makes MMA hard to cap is the Judging. My loss before this one was on Martin Kampmann who most people agree was robbed.

That said, MMA capping still has a lot going for it. Lines such as the one in discussion here are often off and large underdogs often pull the upset. But mainly I'm an MMA fan before a gambler and the main reason I gamble on it is to enhance the excitement.

First 123 Last