Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by MMAdisciple View Post
    Feijao down to +130. I played him religiously from +200 to current odds. Funny thing is the book got it right when they opened him at -140, but name recognition and lack of respect/exposure is a muther. Will be interesting to see if Hendo backers come back for such the "steal", since most were playing him from -240/-200. I would have had more on Feijao had it not been for 5Dimes misinforming me, I asked them twice last week if props were gonna be up for the card and they said anywhere from 2 days to the day of the card, so I held on to prop money while the late folks caught on and pounded the line in a night

I got a good filling though, truth is I would have played him until around -210...so at 'dog odds??? These are the fights I play for. But only one of two things will be certain later: I will have a REALLY good night or a REALLY bad one. **** it..."When I say I'm all in -- that means I'm all in".

Good luck, fellas...this board had this play down weeks ago
    Bad luck with the play dude, 5dimes/Sportbet customer services are full of sh*t when u ask them about line releases! One will tell you that they'll be released shortly, then u can ask a different agent 5 minutes later and they'll say "the lines wont be released till later in the week"! Pointless even asking!

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    Unless you have some kind of inside information we can only go by previous performances. Dan Henderson hasn't used his wrestling like that since the first round vs Anderson Silva. Also, he set up his big right hand in a way that hadn't been seen since Pride.

There is always going to be some variance when capping MMA just like all other sports. In fact, at times MMA can be very hard to predict at times because many fighters, especially the younger fighters, evolve greatly from fight to fight.

Another factor which makes MMA hard to cap is the Judging. My loss before this one was on Martin Kampmann who most people agree was robbed.

That said, MMA capping still has a lot going for it. Lines such as the one in discussion here are often off and large underdogs often pull the upset. But mainly I'm an MMA fan before a gambler and the main reason I gamble on it is to enhance the excitement.
    Unsure why you are focusing on the wrestling. Wasn't like Dan Henderson went in with that as his game plan, he switched to wrestling mode due to getting rocked, was only doing it to survive, he did manage to do that and take a round in the process, but the beginning to the end started with a Henderson bomb. He didn't use a half nelson to finish the fight. To get there he relied on his granite chin, and not a wrestling switch, none of this deviates at all to what we have seen from Hendo in fights since Anderson Silva. He is still the same fighter loading up for that one big punch.

If you think Hendo is now content to grind out decisions or even going in to fights thinking wrestling first, then you seriously missed the take home message here. Hendo looks pretty much unchanged in all aspects.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Feijao was the right play even though it lost. We had no way to know Hendo at 40 years old would turn in his best performance in close to 5 years.
    I think we're giving Hendo too much credit. This is more of a case where, Feijao is a can, rather than Hendo did so well.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post

Unsure why you are focusing on the wrestling. Wasn't like Dan Henderson went in with that as his game plan, he switched to wrestling mode due to getting rocked, was only doing it to survive, he did manage to do that and take a round in the process, but the beginning to the end started with a Henderson bomb. He didn't use a half nelson to finish the fight. To get there he relied on his granite chin, and not a wrestling switch, none of this deviates at all to what we have seen from Hendo in fights since Anderson Silva. He is still the same fighter loading up for that one big punch.

If you think Hendo is now content to grind out decisions or even going in to fights thinking wrestling first, then you seriously missed the take home message here. Hendo looks pretty much unchanged in all aspects.
    I guess that's why he used wrestling and clinch in the second round also. Must have been rocked at some point in the second round, but everyone missed it except you. Whether it was a pre planned strategy or not, Hendo did use a strategy different from his previous fights. If he had fought like he did in his last recent fights who knows what would have happened in the second. By the time Hendo decided to stand and bang with Feijao, Feijao was considerably slower and not nearly as explosive. Henderson wore him out using a new game plan before the finish.

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    I think we're giving Hendo too much credit. This is more of a case where, Feijao is a can, rather than Hendo did so well.
    Hendo does seriously out class him, that much is true.

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    I guess that's why he used wrestling and clinch in the second round also. Must have been rocked at some point in the second round, but everyone missed it except you. Whether it was a pre planned strategy or not, Hendo did use a strategy different from his previous fights. If he had fought like he did in his last recent fights who knows what would have happened in the second. By the time Hendo decided to stand and bang with Feijao, Feijao was considerably slower and not nearly as explosive. Henderson wore him out using a new game plan before the finish.
    Yes that is exactly why he used his wrestling in the second round as well. Still hadn't entirely recovered, so he wisely used his wrestling until everything settled. I don't understand why you think he could recover in a matter of 1-2 minutes, perhaps he makes it look so effortless. I assure you it doesn't work that way.

I don't know how Feijao could possibly be slower from the first round, the two of them circled and felt each other out for a good portion of that round. The first couple of minutes saw a grand total of one leg kick!!! I don't know what you are talking about.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Highly disappointed in Feijao's performance. He gave Dan way too much respect in the standup and his gameplan flat out sucked. Dan isn't the same, but he's still better than the Strikeforce competition.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Unsure why you are focusing on the wrestling. Wasn't like Dan Henderson went in with that as his game plan, he switched to wrestling mode due to getting rocked, was only doing it to survive, he did manage to do that and take a round in the process, but the beginning to the end started with a Henderson bomb. He didn't use a half nelson to finish the fight. To get there he relied on his granite chin, and not a wrestling switch, none of this deviates at all to what we have seen from Hendo in fights since Anderson Silva. He is still the same fighter loading up for that one big punch. If you think Hendo is now content to grind out decisions or even going in to fights thinking wrestling first, then you seriously missed the take home message here. Hendo looks pretty much unchanged in all aspects.
    Wrestling was a factor in this fight. Not only his wrestling offense but defense too. His first take down was when he was rocked but in the second round when Cavalcante went for a take down Dan stuffed it and succeeded with a take down of his own. Do you forget how many fighters have taken Hendo down? Shit, even ninja rua threw him around the ring in Pride.

This was not the same hendo we've seen in recent fights. He threw some leg kicks and even a superman punch for fuks sakes. Moreover, Hendo's knockout punch wasn't his usual projected bomb, he came forward and ducked in with it, something I haven't seen him do since Pride.

EDIT>
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    I typed up my post without reading yours. Sounds like we're on the same page
    Last edited by bogbat; 03-08-11 at 02:27 AM.

Poppa Catfish

Guess you missed the Franklin fight, because there were leg kicks, head kicks and a whole lot of wrestling in it

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Guess you missed the Franklin fight, because there were leg kicks, head kicks and a whole lot of wrestling in it
    I did see that fight but to be honest I don't recall much of it but thinking that although it was a close fight he should have lost the decision. Regardless, my point still stands and you seem to be arguing now for the sake of arguing.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

I love the fighting. You two keep it up.

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

i think we need sbr challenge fights to settle desputes! UF-SBR-C!

Poppa Catfish

I did see that fight but to be honest I don't recall much of it but thinking that although it was a close fight he should have lost the decision. Regardless, my point still stands and you seem to be arguing now for the sake of arguing.
    So you stand by your point that Henderson hasn't thrown leg kicks and wrestled since the Anderson fight? yet he has done so in the Franklin fight

Ok, I mean I do see your point, he didn't wrestle at all in the 3 whole minutes of that Babalu fight, or that one sided stand up war with Bisping, or after gassing like crazy against Shields. You got me there
    Last edited by Poppa Catfish; 03-08-11 at 04:30 PM.

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    i think we need sbr challenge fights to settle desputes! UF-SBR-C!

win or lose, they are on the right side. No way I can win! They are surrounded by jesus fire.

First 123