The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

STRIKEFORCE: Feijao vs Henderson

Date: Mar 05, 2011
    Venue: Nationwide Arena
    Broadcast: Showtime

MAIN CARD

• Champ Rafael Cavalcante vs. Dan Henderson (light-heavyweight title)
    • Champ Marloes Coenen vs. Liz Carmouche (women's welterweight title)
    • Tim Kennedy vs. Melvin Manhoef
    • Billy Evangelista vs. Jorge Masvidal

PRELIMINARY CARD

• Roger Bowling vs. Josh Thornburg
    • Tyler Combs vs. Jorge Gurgel
    • Jason "Jay" Freeman vs. Jason Riley
    • Mojo Horne vs. Brian Rogers
    • Marc Cofer vs. Mitch Whitesel
    • J.P. Felty vs. John Kuhner

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Depending on the line, I really like Tim Kennedy.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    Depending on the line, I really like Tim Kennedy.
    Yeah he should be able to get it to the ground and out-grapple Manhoef. Probly be a -175 favourite tho I reckon

MMAdisciple
    MMAdisciple's Avatar Become A Pro!

Small play on Manhoef if he's a sizable enough 'dog. Tim said he plans to KO Melvin, lol.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by MMAdisciple View Post
    Small play on Manhoef if he's a sizable enough 'dog. Tim said he plans to KO Melvin, lol.
    Why is that lol. Melvin has glass chinn

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Why is that lol. Melvin has glass chinn
    What makes u think he's got a glass chin Trace?

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    What makes u think he's got a glass chin Trace?
    As of late I would agree with the Trace monster

MMAdisciple
    MMAdisciple's Avatar Become A Pro!

Manhoef has a suspect chin sure but Kennedy's chances of winning decrease a bit if he takes the striking over the ground.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    As of late I would agree with the Trace monster
    ha Yeah it's defo not Edgaresq but the dudes he's been knocked out by arn't exactly weak strikers...Gokhan Saki is one of the best strikers on the planet with almost perfect technique and lots of power, Robbie Lawler is pretty powerful when he connects. Was he knocked down by Mizuno or something...I cant remember tht fight? But I agree he isn't young anymore and inevitably going in to the Chuck Liddel realm of chins!

Poppa Catfish

Was he knocked down by Mizuno or something...I !
    Bingo! How fun!

Also Kyotaro, where he was gently tapped with a paint brush of a right hook, to add to those that you mentioned (and more!).

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Bingo! How fun!

Also Kyotaro, where he was gently tapped with a paint brush of a right hook, to add to those that you mentioned (and more!).
    Double post like an absolute RET*RD!
    Last edited by Vaughany; 02-28-11 at 05:15 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Bingo! How fun!

Ahh there we go then! Perhaps Mr CANnedy will KO him then! Still think Manhoef is a lot better technically of course and would be in Cannedy's best interest to get it the ground as soon as possible and submit him!

Poppa Catfish

ha ther we go then...maybe Mr. Kennedy can finish him with strikes then...still think it's more likely he submits him tho.
    I think its much more likely, but still it plays into the fight analysis as Kennedy doesn't have to force anything right away. If the fight starts heading south, he can always try to bring the fight to the ground. Plus if you can threaten on the feet, taking the fight to the ground becomes exponentially easier.

Manhoef is the predictable fighter in this one, Kennedy has options
    Last edited by Poppa Catfish; 02-28-11 at 05:17 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I think its much more likely, but still it plays into the fight analysis as Kennedy doesn't have to force anything right away. If the fight starts heading south, he can always try to bring the fight to the ground. Plus if you can threaten on the feet, taking the fight to the ground becomes exponentially easier.

Manhoef is the predictable fighter in this one, Kennedy has options
    You think Kennedy will come out as a moderate favourite tho? Im expecting -175 at least.

Poppa Catfish

-180 sounds about right, maybe bordering on -200. But much higher wouldn't surprise me, Manhoef just doesn't come off as a committed MMA fighter.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

-180 sounds about right, maybe bordering on -200. But much higher wouldn't surprise me, Manhoef just doesn't come off as a committed MMA fighter.
    Yeah if it comes out at -200 or better the line will see some action and only get worse ending up at -225 to 250 range I reckon.

ttrace35

ha Yeah it's defo not Edgaresq but the dudes he's been knocked out by arn't exactly weak strikers...Gokhan Saki is one of the best strikers on the planet with almost perfect technique and lots of power, Robbie Lawler is pretty powerful when he connects. Was he knocked down by Mizuno or something...I cant remember tht fight? But I agree he isn't young anymore and inevitably going in to the Chuck Liddel realm of chins!
    He's always getting rocked in K1. Once I seen him get KO'd by the dress wearing japanese dude, I lost hope for him.

Birdman126
    Birdman126's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    He's always getting rocked in K1. Once I seen him get KO'd by the dress wearing japanese dude, I lost hope for him.

NinjaDMP
    NinjaDMP's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wouldn't sleep on Melvin in this matchup. I heard him speaking MMAjunkie radio recently and he realizes that K-1/FEG's days are over and that means if he wants to have a fighting career he needs to focus on MMA for the time being, he sounded dedicated to improving his ground game. Obviously Kennedy's best path to victory is the takedown.

It would be nice to see a few more interviews from Kennedy regarding his game plan, he said somewhere he plans on standing with Manhoef, if he's telling the truth and not just trying to throw Manhoef off I'd love to make a play at a dogs odds.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Melvin is going to put on a show whether he wins or loses.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDMP View Post
    I wouldn't sleep on Melvin in this matchup. I heard him speaking MMAjunkie radio recently and he realizes that K-1/FEG's days are over and that means if he wants to have a fighting career he needs to focus on MMA for the time being, he sounded dedicated to improving his ground game. Obviously Kennedy's best path to victory is the takedown.

It would be nice to see a few more interviews from Kennedy regarding his game plan, he said somewhere he plans on standing with Manhoef, if he's telling the truth and not just trying to throw Manhoef off I'd love to make a play at a dogs odds.

Even if he is dedicated to improving the ground game, it will take him years to get were he needs to be. At this point hHe should probably just focus on takedown defense, and wokring back to his feet if fight goes down.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

This card really feels like it lacks something.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

top competition?

ttrace35

Card sux. But will be better than penn/fitch night. And doesn't cost $55. Cheers to all those that hate strikeforce.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDMP View Post

Yeah, I remember on one of the recent SF shows, Kennedy was interviewed and said he was gonna stand and bang with Manhoef... If that is his gameplan, then the brain damaged induce by Manhoef will only worsen his existing brain damage... but I tend to believe he's only posturing here, and will get this thing to the ground ASAP.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

money coming in a Kennedy

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Yeah, I remember on one of the recent SF shows, Kennedy was interviewed and said he was gonna stand and bang with Manhoef... If that is his gameplan, then the brain damaged induce by Manhoef will only worsen his existing brain damage... but I tend to believe he's only posturing here, and will get this thing to the ground ASAP.

Yea, dont buy into that for a second. He is gonna take this fight where it belongs.

Vulcan300
    Vulcan300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10108

no one likes feijao? seems tuff to overpower, i mean king mo mo had a tuff time trying to take him down. i just can't see hendo walking around with his right hand cocked and still expect to win. i also don't see hendo overpowering him in the clinch either.

overall i think fiejao is oversized and has sick muay thai; def think hes worth a play instead of manheof. thoughts?

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan300 View Post
    no one likes feijao? seems tuff to overpower, i mean king mo mo had a tuff time trying to take him down. i just can't see hendo walking around with his right hand cocked and still expect to win. i also don't see hendo overpowering him in the clinch either.

overall i think fiejao is oversized and has sick muay thai; def think hes worth a play instead of manheof. thoughts?
    Its def worth a shot at those odds. Dan can be unmotivated at times. I prolly make a play here too.

Pratik
    Pratik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4037

Feijao is worth a play He did pretty good in the later rounds against Mo. I think Hendo is getting old and with his recent back problems and such dont think he can stay relevant. If hendo cant take Feijao down hes in trouble.

Vulcan300
    Vulcan300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10108

how is hendo -200, for the public?

Birdman126
    Birdman126's Avatar Become A Pro!

I also like rafa. Might put some money on him

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

feijao is the last leg of a 4 fight parlay (3 won last night) and a straight bet for me...so definitely go feijao!!! I need this

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

well feijao didnt have a problem with mo so i doubt hendo will do something he hasnt seen before

NinjaDMP
    NinjaDMP's Avatar Become A Pro!

There's an article on the ug where Kennedy admits he's taking Melvin down for the sub. I'm still making a small play on Melvin, Kennedy is well rounded but not outstanding in any area, I think he will have a little struggle takin him down. With Melvin being cautious of the td and Kennedy's wrestling a little suspect, IMO, I took a completes the first round prop at +150.

I also got feijao at +190 and just added some at +170. IMO he should be the favorite at these odds based on skillsets. Feijao's def wrestling looked outstanding against mo, he stayed up much better than I thought he would.

GL everyone!
    Last edited by NinjaDMP; 03-04-11 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Added thoughts

123 Last