ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by Squareguy View Post
    You are over thinking this fight.

I really hope I'm wrong...but Bones is going to make this look easy. I am a Rua fan too, I don't even care for Jones. I do care for money though.
    I dunno how I'm over thinking this? Its simple for me. Jones hasn't even faced a top 20 contender while shogun has ko'd multiple top 10 contenders.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

you can get rua at +175 if you want. myself, i'll take a pass.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status

You are over thinking this fight.

I really hope I'm wrong...but Bones is going to make this look easy. I am a Rua fan too, I don't even care for Jones. I do care for money though.
    i expect bones to take down rua at will. could be just bones on top most of the time.

rua by submission a good bet?
    Last edited by sportsfanatic; 02-07-11 at 06:45 PM.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Rua up to +185 now at 5dimes and Jones is -245. I'm a little shocked at how many are pounding Bones right now. Dude has made a statement.

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

Quote Originally Posted by Eccocide View Post
    And it will blow my mind if jones is -250 on fight night.
    Sooo, is your mind blown yet? Or are you waiting for that last 5 bucks of vig?

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

My mind is blown

Squareguy

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    i expect bones to take down rua at will. could be just bones on top most of the time.

rua by submission a good bet?
    Not a good bet. He only has one submission victory, and it was against Randleman.

Rua's only chance to win this fight is standing up. If it goes to the floor with more than 2 minutes left in a round, he's getting choked out.

Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Sooo, is your mind blown yet? Or are you waiting for that last 5 bucks of vig?
    Your reading comprehension isnt very good. Try reading it again asshat. I said on fight night. Last time i checked thats 6 weeks away.

And if you think Shogun has no chance at subbing Jones, you may want to actually watch the fights rather than check fight finder on Sherdog. See how he did against the best grappler in the world at the time in Arona.

36mafia
    36mafia's Avatar Become A Pro!

shogun does have more on record experience but lets not forget jones trains with team jackson, greased up and all

and the orangutan like reach, forget about it. bones jones it is

Squareguy

Quote Originally Posted by Eccocide View Post
    Your reading comprehension isnt very good. Try reading it again asshat. I said on fight night. Last time i checked thats 6 weeks away.

And if you think Shogun has no chance at subbing Jones, you may want to actually watch the fights rather than check fight finder on Sherdog. See how he did against the best grappler in the world at the time in Arona.
    I am just sharing my thoughts and opinions.

You ridiculed me for saying I moved the line (which to my best knowledge, I did)....and you acted like I was an idiot for claiming he would be -250 or more come fight time. (I'm guessing that you weren't expecting the line would be there in under 24 hours either)

If you are going to be a dick for no reason, then feed it to someone else.

Also, I seem to remember Arona having similar results when he fought a +2200 Cameroonian that wiped the floor with his face.

There is a reason why they give fighters a "punchers chance" and not a "submission's chance".

If you want to continue a friendly conversation, then feel free.

Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

First off, maybe on the squarest book out there, a $850 bet will move a line lol. But on any real book, especially early when limits are low, it takes an accumulation of action to move a line. Hey if on Bodog a small bet like that moves a line then so be it.

Second, I didnt call you an idiot or even insinuate that with what I said. All I said was it would blow my mind if Jones is -250 come fight time. Lines move like this ALL the time, especially right after one guy has just won a big fight. Im fairly certain this line will come back quite a bit, and I stand by my thoughts in saying it will blow my mind if its -250 come fight night. Pay attention to betting patterns and you will understand what I am talking about.

Finally, what does Arona getting KOed by Soko have anything to do with Shogun outgrappling him? Have you even seen the fight? Arona was the best grappler in the world at the time. As soon as Shogun gets taken down he works for an omoplata, and actually I believe he could have finished with it but instead went for the sweep and the rest is history. Shogun is excellent off of his back. Just because he is rarely there doesnt mean he isnt good. Jones leaves his legs in very vicarious positions and those lengthy limbs have been left open for subs in a couple of his fights, but hes never fought a black belt like Shogun.

And I said nothing to offend you. If you cant handle someone disagreeing then why are you on a forum.

Squareguy

Square books for a square guy. I'm 21 and will admit freely that I haven't been betting with books too long. I guess I misinterpreted your posts as being more hostile than they really were.

I watched the fight when it happened, but I will watch it again right now. I truly, and 100% hope that you are right and Shogun finishes in decisive fashion.
    Last edited by Squareguy; 02-07-11 at 10:05 PM.

Squareguy

The omaplata was only good for the sweep. He lost it as soon as he put his left arm over the back to keep him from rolling.

The thing I got most from that is that he was thrown from the clinch and came out on bottom. If Jones does that, even if he landed in the exact same spot that Arona did, his incredible length and posture is going to keep him safe. That's only if he lands in the guard like that...much more likely that he lands in side control or half guard.

Again, just my opinions. It's MMA and anything can happen.

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

I know the hype for Jones is well deserved, but I really believe Shogun will take this one. At underdog value, its hard not to bet on him.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

I like Jones here and no I'm not a "noob" I've been watching since Gracie but I think Jones length and leverage will give Shogun fits.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status

i was actually hoping the line on bones would open somewhere near even due to rua's rep, guess i was wrong on that one.

First 123