THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Rashad says he will go down to middleweight or back up to HW if Jones wins, predicts 1st round finish for Jones.
    might be a good idea to go down in weight if he can, look at 3 of the guys on this past card Jones 6' 4", Kingsbury 6'4", Griffin 6'3". These guys are huge 205ers

robotralph
    robotralph's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

War Shogun. Jones' biggest cpmpetition was Bader for petes sake. Could have gave a title shot to a real contender.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Are they really having this fight in 6 weeks?

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    Are they really having this fight in 6 weeks?
    Yep. Some guys don't like waiting 6 months in between fights!

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

I mean, I know they had the date set up for Shogun/Rashad. But I thought they'd reschedule this until the summer.

I have to give Jones props for taking the biggest fight of his career (and against Shogun)... 6 weeks to the day after the most important fight of his career.

Most fighters need more time than that for training camp.

SlingShot
    SlingShot's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jones early TKO!!!

Mr.Kitty
    Update Status
    Mr.Kitty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Eccocide View Post
    And it will blow my mind if jones is -250 on fight night.
    Hes at -210 already , good value on Shogun at +170. I wonder how high the line will be on Shogun before it goes down.
    Last edited by Mr.Kitty; 02-07-11 at 04:24 AM.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

insanity, it seems

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

bones is going to be champ. the line is about right.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Bones is scary good and I think it's his confidence that carries him. I'm having a real hard time pulling the trigger on this one. Shogun is one of the best of the best, but his knee scares me. If didn't have that recurring problem, I'd be all over him at +150 here. But Bones is huge, strong, , hungry, patient, and very intelligent in the octagon. I fear that his strength and reach will overcome the talent of Shogun and am very tempted to take him at -180. Not sure there's value in that though.... just feel that he will win somehow.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

I can't believe the lack of respect for Shogun.

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

I can't in good conscience bet against Bones. But at the same time, I'm not laying juice to bet against Shogun. I'm just gonna sit back as an observer and hope for a great fight.

One thing I will say, which has already been mentioned here no doubt, is Bones last few fights have kind of been redundant. We already KNOW he can put good wrestlers on their backs. The Master Bader looked clueless off his, same with Vlad and Hamill. It's about time we saw Bones playing around in a BJJ black belt's guard. We can't read shit into the Vera fight, since it was shown last time out that Vera is a complete pussy off his back.

ttrace35

I'm reaaly curious how many posters have been watching mma more than 5 years? Honestly. Bones is getting way too much love here for somebody who has done nothing in mma. He should really be Shoguns waterboy. Have you guys been watching shogun? Guy is and animal. He has knocked out some of the best, and bones has only fought a bunch of american ufc cans. Look at Shoguns record. 4 losses. On 1 as far as I'm concerned. He has ko'd ubereem twice, rampage and the snake. Just to name a few. Bones hasn't even faced this kind of talent that Shogun has ran thru. Arona, cyborg santos, more ko's. Becareful betting bones you young punks!!!!!!!

Poppa Catfish

Truthfully you aren't curious, you just want to take the piss out of others.

I'm skeptical too, but Snake, Cyborg, lightweight Overeem would all be cans to you if they had the UFC label. Jones has been destroying competition while Shogun has been on the training table gathering rust.

Shogun coming off a long lay off due to injury facing a very big and over hyped light heavy weight... kind of sounds familiar. no?

While I will probably be on Shogun at that price, people aren't crazy for betting Jones. Kid isn't just hype.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    ha yeah Tracey loves the mental superiorty complex of having watched MMA for longer than 5 years...Tracey is it true u witnessed the inaugaration of the Queensbury Rules back in 1865?
    Does it not count then if somebody has followed MMA for 2 months and watched all of Shogun's fights 10 times over during that period!?

Poppa Catfish

Unless its viewed on VHS, traded from a guy in Japan that you met in your AOL Pride group,

it doesn't count.

ttrace35

I'm skeptical too, but Snake, Cyborg, lightweight Overeem would all be cans to you if they had the UFC label. Jones has been destroying competition while Shogun has been on the training table gathering rust.

Shogun coming off a long lay off due to injury facing a very big and over hyped light heavy weight... kind of sounds familiar. no?

While I will probably be on Shogun at that price, people aren't crazy for betting Jones. Kid isn't just hype.
    I don't know what that means, take the piss out of others. It just seems to make a big difference in this fight. The noobs are gonna take jones, and the vets will take shogun, for the most part. I think you are under-estimating experience. All bones has really faced is a bunch of american wrestlers, for the most part. Who has this guy beat? You make a good point about being rusty. The snake and a "lightweight" ubereem are miles better than anybody bones has faced. I'm not hating on bones. Guy is an animal. But you can't compare to the experience of fighting in different countries and different styles. Shogun has 1 legitimate loss in the past 8 years. Forrest. But we know he was injured. Bones beat a bunch of american wrestlers. Aside from maybe the truth.

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post

I don't know what that means, take the piss out of others. It just seems to make a big difference in this fight. The noobs are gonna take jones, and the vets will take shogun, for the most part. I think you are under-estimating experience. All bones has really faced is a bunch of american wrestlers, for the most part. Who has this guy beat? You make a good point about being rusty. The snake and a "lightweight" ubereem are miles better than anybody bones has faced. I'm not hating on bones. Guy is an animal. But you can't compare to the experience of fighting in different countries and different styles. Shogun has 1 legitimate loss in the past 8 years. Forrest. But we know he was injured. Bones beat a bunch of american wrestlers. Aside from maybe the truth.
    and that is the exact reason why I'm taking him, but only a small 1 or 2 unit sized bet. If he didn't have the rust I think this would be an amazing bet, and would go huge on it.

You make too much sense here, its no fun agreeing with you, but you are right.

ttrace35

and that is the exact reason why I'm taking him, but only a small 1 or 2 unit sized bet. If he didn't have the rust I think this would be an amazing bet, and would go huge on it.

You make too much sense here, its no fun agreeing with you, but you are right.

Damn. You agreeing with me is boooooooring.

ttrace35

I'm still going heavy on shogun. Waiting for 5 dimes to put the line up. Should I sign for bookmaker? US sux for mma.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Ur right Trace, "noobs" may underestimate Shogun, but just because somebody might of only watched MMA for a year doesnt automatically mean they will all bet Jones. And Diabate is not miles better than Hamill, Vera and defintely not better than Bader.

ttrace35

Ur right Trace, "noobs" may underestimate Shogun, but just because somebody might of only watched MMA for a year doesnt automatically mean they will all bet Jones. And Diabate is not miles better than Hamill, Vera and defintely not better than Bader.
    I dunno Vaughany. Maybe not vera but hamill is a can, and we don't know what bader will be. Not saying all all noobs will bet on bones. I said for the mostpart.

gym rat
    gym rat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2833

I'm reaaly curious how many posters have been watching mma more than 5 years? Honestly. Bones is getting way too much love here for somebody who has done nothing in mma. He should really be Shoguns waterboy. Have you guys been watching shogun? Guy is and animal. He has knocked out some of the best, and bones has only fought a bunch of american ufc cans. Look at Shoguns record. 4 losses. On 1 as far as I'm concerned. He has ko'd ubereem twice, rampage and the snake. Just to name a few. Bones hasn't even faced this kind of talent that Shogun has ran thru. Arona, cyborg santos, more ko's. Becareful betting bones you young punks!!!!!!!
    Does Pride>UFC have two screen names on this site?????

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

You say Bones has never faced anyone like shogun, but shoguns never fought anyone like Bones either. Its a new era of mma. Shogun is a great fighter, Bones is a freak athlete. These days its not even about being a true fighter. GSP is a round winner, not a fighter. Hes dominant. Bones will be the same way if he has to. Shogun was getting handled by the Snake on the feet. Overeem is a different beast now.

Joey Oddessa is on record saying he thinks its an easy win for Bones.

Shoguns only real chance is a submission. But keep in mind, Bones trains with GSP, im betting he will be greased up.

The list of fighters who have been accused and/or caught greasing from Jacksons mma is staggering. Dont bet against Jackson.

ttrace35

Ok so Joey oddessa said bones. So the fukk what. This point is not worth arguing too much. We won't know til after the fight. I just think Shogun isnt given enough respect. Good luck with your bet.

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Shogun definitely isnt given enough respect, and very strange that a champ would be that heavy of an underdog. When was the last time the contender was that heavily favored against the champ?

ttrace35

ha yeah Tracey loves the mental superiorty complex of having watched MMA for longer than 5 years...Tracey is it true u witnessed the inaugaration of the Queensbury Rules back in 1865?
    Does it not count then if somebody has followed MMA for 2 months and watched all of Shogun's fights 10 times over during that period!?
    It really has nothin to do with superiority. It has everything to do with handicapping. You can watch video tape. And it will help to a certain extent. But it is better to have a pulse as to what is going on at the time. Also. Its not so easy to get these video tapes of old fights.

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

WHOA(sorry if already posted), but Shogun is a dog?!!? I love Jon Jones and have been following him closely for awhile and I do hope he gets the title, but cmon?!? This does not make sense to me whatsoever. The Value with Shogun here is unreal.... impossible not to take...
    Points Awarded:

ttrace35 gave GoldRush7 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by xelance View Post
    Shogun definitely isnt given enough respect, and very strange that a champ would be that heavy of an underdog. When was the last time the contender was that heavily favored against the champ?
    Couple months ago...BJ Penn vs Edgar 2!

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

I'm just going to bet on who I think will win here and that is Jon Jones. I do have a lot of respect for Shogun and know he's accomplished a hell of a lot more. But just assessing how both guys have looked in the past couple years, I feel that Bones is going to be the better man when they meet. I can't argue that there's value on Shogun at +150, but I just feel I'd be throwing away money on him. Bones is a favorite for a good reason. Shogun will be put on his back and tested w/ elbows and a lot of strength. It's hard to accept him losing... as it was Fedor. But I think competition is catching up and Bones is getting to the top of his game at the right time. 2u on JJ at -180 as I don't see it going back down.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

bones jones by way of domination.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    I'm just going to bet on who I think will win here and that is Jon Jones. I do have a lot of respect for Shogun and know he's accomplished a hell of a lot more. But just assessing how both guys have looked in the past couple years, I feel that Bones is going to be the better man when they meet. I can't argue that there's value on Shogun at +150, but I just feel I'd be throwing away money on him. Bones is a favorite for a good reason. Shogun will be put on his back and tested w/ elbows and a lot of strength. It's hard to accept him losing... as it was Fedor. But I think competition is catching up and Bones is getting to the top of his game at the right time. 2u on JJ at -180 as I don't see it going back down.
    Nice write up. Good luck to you.

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

Where did Jones hit -210 at?

Really hope I get at least +300 for Jon Jones by submission. He's going to get a darce or guillotine late in the first or second round.

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think jones walks right through shogun

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

You are over thinking this fight.

I really hope I'm wrong...but Bones is going to make this look easy. I am a Rua fan too, I don't even care for Jones. I do care for money though.

First 123 Last