THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

BJ Penn Vs Jon Fitch UFC 127 Sydney, Australia

"A resurgent B.J. Penn, who needed just 21 seconds to dispatch of Matt Hughes, meets perennial contender Jon Fitch, and UFC 123 winner George Sotiropoulos gets his wish and fights in his homeland against German contender Dennis Siver"
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/21482/ufc-...or-ufc-127.mma

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

sweeeeeeeeeetttt,, i smell a delicious hotDOG

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6172

Can't wait to see the line on this. Jon Fitch gets the win here. Take it to the bank boys.

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow what a toss up hmmmmm could see it going either way but i dunno

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Awful match making (I won't complain too much since it will be some nice cash in my pocket)

Fitch won't be able to finish Penn and will look boring yet again, and we are almost guaranteed to see "unmotivated" Penn rear his ugly head again

Why, oh why?

36mafia
    36mafia's Avatar Become A Pro!

fitch easy money

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Love this! A degenerate gambler's dream!

Poppa Catfish

you mean an almost certifiable 100% ?

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Really looking forward to this. I think Fitch will probably win with his wrestling though.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

What do people think the odds will come out as? Im thinking there might be a great opportunity for an arb if Fitch comes out as the favourite at -110 to -130 range OR if Fitch comes out as an undervalued dog at +150 or something...really hard to gauge tho.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Double post!

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wish bj would move back to lightweight. he cant win at wwelterweight for long.

fitch should take this fight.

sot vs siver seems stupid though and a step backwards for george. he should be closing in title contenders.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

BJ will beat Fitch. Fitch is slow.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

BJ is probably the best boxer at WW but I agree he's too small. Really Edgar is the only one that can beat him at lightweight and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Maynard is champ next--then BJ beats Maynard, Edgar beats BJ?,Maynard beats Edgar, BJ beats Maynard etc rotating champs ---unless 1. BJ puts on quality weight at WW 2. Figures out how to beat Franky (which will be explained Jan.1 by Maynard) --hard to say about Fitch, I would think Fitch is too strong but I do think BJ is way quicker than Fitch and until I see them fight once its tough--also where is BJs head at around the time of the fight, always a big factor w/ him

99Boxster
    99Boxster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4394

Fitch should tool BJ Penn with his wrestling. If Fitch opens as the fav the public will bet Penn until he is the fav. Maybe it will be good for line movement and a hedge opportunity?

cky312
    cky312's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    What do people think the odds will come out as? Im thinking there might be a great opportunity for an arb if Fitch comes out as the favourite at -110 to -130 range OR if Fitch comes out as an undervalued dog at +150 or something...really hard to gauge tho.
    Yea I can't really put a number on this line's open range, I can't even gauge how much public backing there will be for BJ once the line is out. Personally I'll take Fitch up to the -190 range.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

Fitch will take him down slap him around and finish him. Once the dust settles he will even steal his name and will be forever known as John The Prodigy Fitch.

JediMind87
    JediMind87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I think the UFC is giving Fitch a big name to beat.Fitch is too big too strong and will grind and wear BJ down either earning a UD or a late stoppage possibly.Hoping to get good odds on this one.

stefan084

i can't stand fitch's "style"-if you can call it that at all. BJ should go back down to lightweight so if he loses to guys that are 190lb cutting to 170 (prob. 180ish fight night) I don't have to listen to how fitch "schooled" BJ. As a bet yeah fitch is the correct play but compared fighting skill wise fitch couldn't hold BJs jock. unfortunately BJs ego makes him forget about the physics of fighting someone out of his weight class

Playmaker
    Playmaker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7537

Besides GSP this might be the worst matchup for Penn at WW...I see Fitch winning with his wrestling for 3 Rounds..

RaiderNation MMA

interesting

almost everyone on here is taking fitch, everyone across the board in mma fourms is also taking fitch.

dont count penn out, if comes motivated like how he did against hughes it'll be lights out

plus very few people can take bj down, dont forget matt hughes and sean sherk are just as good as wrestlers as fitch and couldnt control BJ

this one is a really a flip of the coin

but im leaning towards a highly motivated BJ

Poppa Catfish

Matt Hughes and Sean Sherk aren't close to 200 lbs come fight time, they also don't have reach advantage.

Don't be fooled, Penn didn't change between the Edgar and Hughes fights. He isn't anymore less or more motivated, Edgar is just a really bad match up for BJ. So is Fitch, and Penn is going to get frustrated very quickly.

Fitch is so very difficult to submit and has a decent chin, going to be ridiculously hard to finish him in between take downs.
    Last edited by Poppa Catfish; 11-23-10 at 05:41 AM.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

can bj stuff fitch's takedowns? i wonder why bj took this fight if he didnt think he could win

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Call me crazy but I don't think Fitch is that tough of an opponent for BJ.

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Matt Hughes and Sean Sherk aren't close to 200 lbs come fight time, they also don't have reach advantage. Don't be fooled, Penn didn't change between the Edgar and Hughes fights. He isn't anymore less or more motivated, Edgar is just a really bad match up for BJ. So is Fitch, and Penn is going to get frustrated very quickly. Fitch is so very difficult to submit and has a decent chin, going to be ridiculously hard to finish him in between take downs.
    A decent chin?! I think he probably has the best chin in the welterweight division. He can take very hard shots multiple times and just keep coming forward, as he did against GSP. I agree, hard for me to imagine Penn putting him away.

I was way off on Penn-Hughes, which I thought would be a competitive fight going to decision, but in no way can I believe that Penn is suddenly better than the fighter I consider the #2 welterweight in the world. I see Fitch taking a one-sided decision. Although if a single round is even close, I see Penn winning by split decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28).
    Last edited by lasker; 11-23-10 at 10:34 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by lasker View Post
    A decent chin?! I think he probably has the best chin in the welterweight division. He can take very hard shots multiple times and just keep coming forward, as he did against GSP. I agree, hard for me to imagine Penn putting him away.

I was way off on Penn-Hughes, which I thought would be a competitive fight going to decision, but in no way can I believe that Penn is suddenly better than the fighter I consider the #2 welterweight in the world. I see Fitch taking a one-sided decision. Although if a single round is even close, I see Penn winning by split decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28).
    Yee I'm leaning towards Fitch by decision as well, however, regardless of who I think will win, I'm probly gonna put a few units on whoever is the underdog with the intention of arbing out as I imagine the lines could change sporadically up until fight time. If you time it right I wouldnt rule out the possibility of gettin both fighters at plus odds (similar to Penn/Hughes except there wont be such a big difference between the favourite and underdog by fight time).

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

My money is on Fitch as underdog. Fitch should take this fight and with BJ hipe the line is bound to move around.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

it is interesting to hear people say BJ is back. It is hard to tell after a 21 second win. Can BJ win a 3 round grindfest that Fitch will put him through? Fitch has shown he has no interest standing with anyone, and after that BJ's KO of Hughes theres no chance Fitch will stand with BJ.

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

its gonna be easy money on fitch, bj is not gonna be able to stop fitches takedowns and his only shot is pulling off a sub from his back

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got to be careful with this one. Fitch is a beast, but Penn has some of the best takedown defense available. If Penn can keep this fight standing for a good portion of the fight it may be an early night for Fitch.

GoldenYAK
    GoldenYAK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why do you people make this more difficult then it needs to be. BJ gets kicked out his weight class, faces a geriatric hughes now he is the best boxer at 170 and ready to make another ww title run? Come on people get real. We all know this is just a setup for another BJ excuse when he loses to go back to 155. Fitch by 3rnd dec/maybe tko.
    Last edited by GoldenYAK; 11-23-10 at 07:45 PM.

stefan084

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenYAK View Post
    Why do you people make this more difficult then it needs to be. BJ gets kicked out his weight class, faces a geriatric hughes now he is the best boxer at 170 and ready to make another ww title run? Come on people get real. We all know this is just a setup for another BJ excuse when he loses to go back to 155. Fitch by 3rnd dec/maybe tko.
    he got kicked out of the division just because he's not the champ? he has proven he can beat anyone in the division besides edgar and i'm sure he would get a title shot in no time especially if edgar loses to maynard in january. bj has never backed away from a challenge, fighting out of his weight class numerous times throughout his career because he wants to fight anyone. bj haters like to downplay any of his acheivements.i'm sure you were one of the ones saying hughes would take bj down and dominate and now that he didn't you can say he's too old. i think fitch will win this fight on size alone but i give bj credit for him trying. i don't think he will make a title run, but who is a better pure boxer at 170? if you like to jump in and give out your non thought out, no mma knowledge having bullshit opinion at least say who is the best boxer etc

RaiderNation MMA

jeez this is gonna be a close one

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Would like to see under -200 decision prop.

GoldenYAK
    GoldenYAK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stefan084 View Post
    he got kicked out of the division just because he's not the champ? he has proven he can beat anyone in the division besides edgar and i'm sure he would get a title shot in no time especially if edgar loses to maynard in january. bj has never backed away from a challenge, fighting out of his weight class numerous times throughout his career because he wants to fight anyone. bj haters like to downplay any of his acheivements.i'm sure you were one of the ones saying hughes would take bj down and dominate and now that he didn't you can say he's too old. i think fitch will win this fight on size alone but i give bj credit for him trying. i don't think he will make a title run, but who is a better pure boxer at 170? if you like to jump in and give out your non thought out, no mma knowledge having bullshit opinion at least say who is the best boxer etc
    Jeez calm down dude I didn't realize you had such a huge crush on BJ or I wouldn't have called it how it is. Also there are plenty of guys at 155 that would beat BJ. Who the **** did BJ even beat at 155? Joe daddy,sherk,kenflo,diego.....all tier 2 or 3 lightweights. BJ was the champ when Frankie and Maynard were on the undercard, but in reality both of them could have beat BJ then and certainly now. Why did he even go up to 170 in the first place? If he thinks he is such a great fighter why not stay at 155 and prove it. As soon as he fought one of the new breed of lightweights(Frankie) he got his shit pushed in(twice) and ran off to 170. The reason BJ fights at 170 is so when he loses he has an excuse, and because joe silva knows he isn't that good anymore, but BJ is a cash cow so they need to do all they can to protect his record.

BJ thinks he is gods gift to mma, but Fitch will put that ego back in check and send him packing back to 155. Then, as long as he doesn't get a another gift powder puff matchup, he will lose at 155 and his career will be over. I can't wait.

123 Last