KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Well, here it is.

Last week we saw Herb Dean stall out to the buzzer, twice, but that certainly didn't happen here.

Early Stoppage? You decide...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Belal Muhammad overwhelms, hurts and stops Sean Brady on the feet. This guy cannot be denied <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/UFC280?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" >#UFC280</a> <a href="https://t.co/rWeHwChg3r">pic.twitter.com/rWeHwChg3r</a></p>&mdash; Shakiel Mahjouri (@Shak_Fu) <a href="https://twitter.com/Shak_Fu/status/1583879164788375552?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" >October 22, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2525

- Brady got smashed. Early stoppage or not he wasn't winning that fight.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

He was bobbin' and weavin' but gettin' clocked.

I'm guessing if the ref had heard the 10 second claps, if just a few more seconds had passed, he might have waited it out.

I'm guessing.

WRMusic
    WRMusic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1289

Islam by KO rd 5. Let’s go.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Who the fukk put Belal vs Brady to prelims and this women's horseshit to the main card?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    Who the fukk put Belal vs Brady to prelims and this women's horseshit to the main card?
    Yeah, #5 vs #8 was a prelim main event?

I wondered about that too.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Well, here it is.

Last week we saw Herb Dean stall out to the buzzer, twice, but that certainly didn't happen here.

Early Stoppage? You decide...

That wasn't and early stoppage. Right call in my opinion. Its time for Brady and Sabatini to get the hell out of that camp. I hope Daniel Gracies big fat ego finally took a hit. Who even won a fight getting backed into the cage repeatedly. Their boxing coach blows. Absolutely no answers and Belal looked like he was in a weight class higher than Brady jeez. I don't think a lead pipe could have stopped him. Almost like a guy on roids against one clean. He had absolutely no fear. He deserves a title shot. I thought Leon was beating him in their first fight but i thought Brady was winning this one also. who knows how the Leon Edwards fight would have gone.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave Thor4140 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thor4140

gives the people on the edge of buying the payperview that little push to buy it. than they do it and open up with a womans fight lol.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    gives the people on the edge of buying the payperview that little push to buy it. than they do it and open up with a womans fight lol.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

These non-title women's fight's purpose is to get the audiences' dopamine levels to the base level so that regular men's fights can be exciting, imo.

Allure

Whoever calls Belal vs Brady an early stoppage is either
    a) sour because he lost money
    b) is butthurt that his white boy lost
    c) is a UFC casual
    d) all of the above

Personally I was really surprised that Belal didn't take this to the ground at all. Who expected that especially after Belal spent his training camp with the Dagestani boys? Like him or not but Belal finally deserves to fight for the title or at least be a serious contender. (same goes for Beneil) That dumbfukk Masvidal got several title fights and hasn't beaten anyone in years. If it wasn't for that fluke knee kick against that stupid dumbass Ben Asscream, Masvidal probably be cut by the UFC already.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

c) is a UFC casual
    d) all of the above

Personally I was really surprised that Belal didn't take this to the ground at all. Who expected that especially after Belal spent his training camp with the Dagestani boys? Like him or not but Belal finally deserves to fight for the title or at least be a serious contender. (same goes for Beneil) That dumbfukk Masvidal got several title fights and hasn't beaten anyone in years. If it wasn't for that fluke knee kick against that stupid dumbass Ben Asscream, Masvidal probably be cut by the UFC already.
    Maybe Belal was a little intimidated.

All we heard about was how strong Brady is.

Belal got the job done, maybe didn't need to risk going to the ground. The takedown defenses were definitely confidence builders, he did a good job there.

Good fight to watch.

Would have loved to see round two but it could have just been more of the same.

Allure

Unless a title fight no women's fight should make the main card, in my opinion. But that is something that will never happen I know.

I have Gamrot next. Lets go.

Allure

Maybe Belal was a little intimidated.

All we heard about was how strong Brady is.

Belal got the job done, maybe didn't need to risk going to the ground. The takedown defenses were definitely confidence builders, he did a good job there.

Good fight to watch.

Would have loved to see round two but it could have just been more of the same.
    I think it was Khabib motivating/forcing him to go for the finish. Without Khabib cornering him, Belal might have gone for the takedown (when Brady was whobbling) imo. Was definitely not the snooze fest we probably all expected.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

c) is a UFC casual
    d) all of the above

Had no money on Brady and don't give a fukk he is white. And definitely not a casual. Hence, E) None of the above

Sounds like you won some money. Good for you

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah, Kahn is not casual and we've seen some questionable "non stoppages" recently.

If Brady had taken a couple more punches and made it to the buzzer I doubt anyone would be talking about how the ref should have stopped it with 13 seconds left in the round.

But as it stands, I think it's open for some to say let him try to defend.

I'm not calling early, but I can see why some would.

Allure

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    Had no money on Brady and don't give a fukk he is white. And definitely not a casual. Hence, E) None of the above

Sounds like you won some money. Good for you
    I wish I did, but it was a no bet for me since I couldn't trust Belal to be honest. Belal to me is an automatic unanimous decision, and with the judges you never know. In the end it all played out much differently.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Yeah, Kahn is not casual and we've seen some questionable "non stoppages" recently.

If Brady had taken a couple more punches and made it to the buzzer I doubt anyone would be talking about how the ref should have stopped it with 13 seconds left in the round.

But as it stands, I think it's open for some to say let him try to defend.

I'm not calling early, but I can see why some would.
    Hey KVB we had some beef in the past but I guess it's time to make peace.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave Ghenghis Kahn 6 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Allure

Dariush easily unfortunately. Guy has to be next in line for the title, what else does he have to do?

Allure

What's with these guys and their religious BS, ughhhhh. Keep that shit to yourself man.

povis
    povis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2908

Dariush is cool dude

Allure

Let's put this prostitute in her place PETR!

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Let's put this prostitute in her place PETR!

Allure

Sean is tougher than I expected, hats off to him.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

What a fight.

Allure

Fukk this league and this rigged horse shit. Those judges need to be buried alive.

povis
    povis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2908

WTF yan won the fight

Allure

This has to be one of the most obviously rigged decision I have ever seen in all these years.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Thought that last takedown sealed it.

Fuk

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

They said Yan was -800 before the scorecards were read.

I didn't see it that high but it looks like it did go off there.

fawk

Merlin21
    Merlin21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3407

Gtfo .... Control time, take downs, and strikes ... Yan did it all.... What BS

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Pretty shady it was a split decision. It should've been a unanimous for Yan

Allure

6 takedowns to 0
    5 mins of control time to 0

Yet these rigged cunnts give it to Sean because he is easy to make money off. Seriously they are already in the right country, just bury those cunnt judges alive.
    Points Awarded:

KingHawkins gave Allure 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thor4140

SHERDOG

SeanO'Malley
    (135.5) vs. Petr Yan(136)

BETTINGPREVIEW | SCOUTING REPORT | ODDS: Yan (-265), O’Malley(+225)
    Round 1

Yan and O’Malley launch into action at the prompting of refereeJason Herzog. Yan is in orthodox stance; O’Mally southpaw. Yanstalks forward as O’Malley slides around the outside of the cage.Yan switches stances and flicks out his right jab, then switchesback. Herzog shouts a warning to O’Malley to watch his extendedfingers. Yan lands a right low kick and eats a hard right handcounter. O’Malley connects with a right low kick. Halfway throughthe round, Yan changes levels for a double-leg near the fence.O’Malley backs into the cage, trying to keep the Russian fromtaking his back. Yan gives up on the takedown and they return tothe center. Yan lands a series of three left hands upstairs, thendrops for another takedown. This time, he hoists the taller man anddumps him to the canvas. With a minute left, Yan is in O’Malley’sguard. O’Malley goes to stand and eats some punches on the way up,but they return to their feet. O’Malley shoots a takedown at the10-second clapper, briefly takes Yan’s back in the ensuingscramble, but they separate before the horn.

Sherdog Scores

Ben Duffy scores the round: 10-9 Yan
    John Brannigan scores the round: 10-9 Yan
    Tudor Leonte scores the round: 10-9 Yan

Round 2

Yan lands an outside low kick, then one to the inside of O’Malley’slead leg. O’Malley comes back with a huge uppercut that has Yanhurt badly. Yan staggers away as O’Malley gives chase, landing morepunches. Yan turns the tables with a massive punch of his own andnow O’Malley is rocked. Yan ducks under and drags O’Malley to themat. Yan is in O’Malley’s guard as O’Malley squirms and looks toescape. O’Malley pops up and Yan drives him to the fence. O’Malleygrounds himself with a hand on the canvas to forestall knees to thehead. They separate and a moment later, Yan pushes O’Malley back tothe floor with a nice inside trip. O’Malley pops right back up.Under two minutes to go and Yan is matching O’Malley down. O’Malleypushes him back with a kick up the middle, and slips the counterpunch. Yan flicks a high kick upstairs, then comes in behind it fora takedown. Yan is in O’Malley’s guard at the base of the fencewith 45 seconds left in the round. Yan postures up and lands acouple of punches. The round expires.

Sherdog Scores

Ben Duffy scores the round: 10-9 Yan
    John Brannigan scores the round: 10-9 Yan
    Tudor Leonte scores the round: 10-9 Yan

Round 3

Yan shoots for a takedown right away, but O’Malley defends well andstands him back up. O’Malley flicks out a couple of jabs. Yan landsa low kick. Yan swarms forward with hooks, then shoves O’Malley tothe cage. O’Malley pushes him back off, and lands an interceptingknee that cuts Yan badly. Yan is bleeding right away. Yan comes upshort with a pair of punches, then lands a one-two. O’Malley throwsa high kick that glances. Yan shoots a fast takedown from wayoutside, but drives O’Malley to the fence, and gets him to theground. Yan takes O’Malley’s back as they stand. O’Malley escapesand they separate. There’s 90 seconds left as they reset in themiddle. O’Malley lands a pair of jabs to Yan’s bloodied right eye.Yan drags O’Malley to the ground late in the round, and is landingpunches from guard at the horn.

Sherdog Scores

Ben Duffy scores the round: 10-9 Yan (30-27 Yan)
    John Brannigan scores the round: 10-9 Yan (30-27 Yan)
    Tudor Leonte scores the round: 10-9 O’Malley (29-28 Yan)

The Official Result

Sean O’Malley def. Petr Yan via Split Decision (29-28, 29-28,28-29)

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1944

It's the fast pace Flyweight and Bantaweight divisions that has judges getting it wrong because of the speed of the fights. This happened before in past fights.

First 12345 Last