1. #1
    THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-25-08
    Posts: 6,760
    Betpoints: 327

    UFC 251: Usman vs. Burns (July 11, 2020)



    Pay-per-view 10:00 pm ET
    Kamaru Usman vs. Gilbert Burns (for welterweight title)
    Alexander Volkanovski vs. Max Holloway (for featherweight title)
    Jose Aldo vs. Petr Yan (for bantamweight title)
    Jessica Andrade vs. Rose Namajunas
    Amanda Ribas vs. Paige VanZant

    ESPN 8:00 pm ET
    Volkan Oezdemir vs. Jiri Prochazka
    Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Muslim Salikhov
    Makwan Amirkhani vs. Danny Henry
    Leonardo Santos vs. Roman Bogatov

    ESPN+ 6:00 pm ET
    Marcin Tybura vs. Alexander Romanov
    Raulian Paiva vs. Zhalgas Zhumagulov
    Karol Rosa vs. Vanessa Melo
    Martin Day vs. Davey Grant



    Points Awarded:

    PaperTrail07 gave THE_LOCKSMITH 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Unwritten Law gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    POTVINSUX gave THE_LOCKSMITH 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

  2. #2
    PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-29-08
    Posts: 18,722
    Betpoints: 1509

    Now this is a fight card


    Am I think only one who thinks Holloway has almost no chance?....just not the matchup for him
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/09/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/06/2020


  3. #3
    WolfTicketDealer
    WolfTicketDealer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-05-17
    Posts: 151
    Betpoints: 3383

    Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Now this is a fight card
    Am I think only one who thinks Holloway has almost no chance?....just not the matchup for him
    Wouldn't say he has no chance but he needs to adjust his stance so he isn't so susceptible to leg kicks.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/09/2020


  4. #4
    PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-29-08
    Posts: 18,722
    Betpoints: 1509

    As body types and styles are concerned, I just dont think he can make that adjustment-terrible matchup for him IMO......Max a hell of a fighter so I will be impressed to see the new gameplan but not expecting much to change...
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfTicketDealer View Post
    Wouldn't say he has no chance but he needs to adjust his stance so he isn't so susceptible to leg kicks.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/09/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/06/2020


  5. #5
    magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-04-18
    Posts: 658
    Betpoints: 2463

    Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Now this is a fight card


    Am I think only one who thinks Holloway has almost no chance?....just not the matchup for him
    I wish the odds were a little closer, because I agree, and think Holloway loses again.

  6. #6
    Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-12-11
    Posts: 17,004
    Betpoints: 12961

    2 weeks to prepare with this card!

  7. #7
    magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-04-18
    Posts: 658
    Betpoints: 2463

    I also think Aldo has next-to-no chance.

  8. #8
    WolfTicketDealer
    WolfTicketDealer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-05-17
    Posts: 151
    Betpoints: 3383

    Quote Originally Posted by magpie878 View Post
    I also think Aldo has next-to-no chance.
    Yan's chin has been cracked before but I have to agree. Will be interesting to see if Aldo's power carries over to BW.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/09/2020


  9. #9
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 58,263
    Betpoints: 59

    Damn 2 week wait now between events ...

    I like Usman and maybe by decision..

  10. #10
    WolfTicketDealer
    WolfTicketDealer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-05-17
    Posts: 151
    Betpoints: 3383

    Also kinda shocked Namajunas is the favorite. Think this is a great style matchup for Andrade.
    Points Awarded:

    Hugo de Naranja gave WolfTicketDealer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/09/2020


  11. #11
    Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-12-11
    Posts: 17,004
    Betpoints: 12961

    Quote Originally Posted by WolfTicketDealer View Post
    Also kinda shocked Namajunas is the favorite. Think this is a great style matchup for Andrade.
    Well rose was dominating last time they fought until she got dropped on her head in final round.

  12. #12
    WolfTicketDealer
    WolfTicketDealer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-05-17
    Posts: 151
    Betpoints: 3383

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Well rose was dominating last time they fought until she got dropped on her head in final round.
    Rose won the first round, but Andrade was landing hard leg kicks and (IMO) was starting to take over. I think Rose will struggle with Andrade's pressure and Andrade has way more power than anyone Rose has fought previously. I believe Andrade would have won the first fight regardless of the slam but am more than happy to take the dog odds in the rematch.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/09/2020


  13. #13
    Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-12-11
    Posts: 17,004
    Betpoints: 12961

    Quote Originally Posted by WolfTicketDealer View Post
    Rose won the first round, but Andrade was landing hard leg kicks and (IMO) was starting to take over. I think Rose will struggle with Andrade's pressure and Andrade has way more power than anyone Rose has fought previously. I believe Andrade would have won the first fight regardless of the slam but am more than happy to take the dog odds in the rematch.
    I was on andrade last time and i felt like she was getting destroyed by rose.

  14. #14
    Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-14-16
    Posts: 11,674
    Betpoints: 1240

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    I was on andrade last time and i felt like she was getting destroyed by rose.
    Rose won the first round clearly but it was a 10-9 on my scorecard. She's known to slow in the later rounds and I think we could see a repeat here. Early success for Rose before an Andrade comeback.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/02/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 06/29/2020


  15. #15
    Thrilla
    Hillary my Queen
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-10-15
    Posts: 9,761
    Betpoints: 5006

    Not touching Rose at those crap odds. Especially after factoring in motivation concerns. Hope yall didn't forget she talked retirement in the post Andrade fight interview.

    Also wait for poster Thor's take here. Rose's no.1 fan.

  16. #16
    Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-12-11
    Posts: 17,004
    Betpoints: 12961

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Rose won the first round clearly but it was a 10-9 on my scorecard. She's known to slow in the later rounds and I think we could see a repeat here. Early success for Rose before an Andrade comeback.
    I don't think Andrade will get a lucky knockout of rose landing on her head like last time. Rose has fine cardio. She showed it against Johanna winning that 5 round decision and I feel Johanna has better cardio than Andrade too. Rose should win comfortably.

  17. #17
    Pr0ph3t
    Pr0ph3t's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-04-17
    Posts: 229
    Betpoints: 103

    Rose is too light in the ass and will get muscled...

  18. #18
    Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-14-16
    Posts: 11,674
    Betpoints: 1240

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    I don't think Andrade will get a lucky knockout of rose landing on her head like last time. Rose has fine cardio. She showed it against Johanna winning that 5 round decision and I feel Johanna has better cardio than Andrade too. Rose should win comfortably.
    I disagree. Happy to back up my point of view with some BetPoints if you like.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/02/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 06/29/2020


  19. #19
    bitcoinLuke
    bitcoinLuke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-12-17
    Posts: 292
    Betpoints: 118

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Well rose was dominating last time they fought until she got dropped on her head in final round.
    Bro, how can we take you seriously when you just said she was dominating until the final rd?? The fight was over 3 min into rd 2.

    You remember the fight so well that you don't even know what rd it ended in?

  20. #20
    Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-12-11
    Posts: 17,004
    Betpoints: 12961

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I disagree. Happy to back up my point of view with some BetPoints if you like.
    So you think the wrong fighter is favored? You disagree with Johanna j having good cardio? That rose didn't have good cardio winning that 5 round decision against her? good odds then for you to take a big underdog. I don't bet betpoints since I am not a pro but i definitely will be betting rose since I believe she will win.
    Last edited by Demonata; 06-30-20 at 05:18 AM.

  21. #21
    Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-12-11
    Posts: 17,004
    Betpoints: 12961

    Quote Originally Posted by bitcoinLuke View Post
    Bro, how can we take you seriously when you just said she was dominating until the final rd?? The fight was over 3 min into rd 2.

    You remember the fight so well that you don't even know what rd it ended in?
    I was wrong in what round it was in since I dont remember every fight I have watched but I really think rose was winning comfortably until the lucky knock out. Also I could give two shits if you take me seriously or not and I don't even remember you posting during the fight.

  22. #22
    Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-14-16
    Posts: 11,674
    Betpoints: 1240

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    So you think the wrong fighter is favored? You disagree with Johanna j having good cardio? That rose didn't have good cardio winning that 5 round decision against her? good odds then for you to take a big underdog. I don't bet betpoints since I am not a pro but i definitely will be betting rose since I believe she will win.
    I do think the wrong fighter is favored. Joanna has good cardio. Rose lost R3/R4 of that fight but showed some good heart and ability to win R5. I think some of that came down to Rose's power advantage and the late takedown since the volume landed by both fighters was close.

    My thoughts about Rose's cardio are influenced by the Esparza and Kowalkiewicz fights. I think she really shows out in R1 then slows if she starts to face major resistance from her opponents. That doesn't mean it's impossible for her to get a late finish or win a decision, I just think the longer the fight goes the better it is for Andrade.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/02/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 06/29/2020


  23. #23
    WolfTicketDealer
    WolfTicketDealer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-05-17
    Posts: 151
    Betpoints: 3383

    One problem with Namajunas in this spot is that she's at a considerable disadvantage in athleticism. Andrade was able to pick Rose up and slam her multiple times. Even though Rose was landing clean Andrade wasn't getting hurt by her hands (in fact Andrade got dropped by a knee, but quickly recovered). Also notable is that Rose is reliant on movement, which, while effective early, causes her to gas (particularly if she's pressured). Andrade can consistently pressure for 15 minutes, and this can be a big problem when Rose is taking hard leg kicks and constantly moving.

    I think if Rose wins this it's via a Round 1 finish before Andrades pressure and kicks slow Rose down. It's possible Andrades chin is starting to go but Weili has much more power than Rose. Unless Rose lands a big kick or knee I don't think she hurts/drops Andrade, and Andrade is a good grappler with a noticeable physical advantage. I probably line Andrade (-175) or so. There's a path here for Rose, but this line is off in my opinion.

    This isn't even accounting for Rose's mental state, which has been questionable at times (although we have no idea on this today, as it's purely speculative and therefore can't be factored in).
    Points Awarded:

    Hugo de Naranja gave WolfTicketDealer 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/09/2020


  24. #24
    Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-14-16
    Posts: 11,674
    Betpoints: 1240

    Quote Originally Posted by WolfTicketDealer View Post
    One problem with Namajunas in this spot is that she's at a considerable disadvantage in athleticism. Andrade was able to pick Rose up and slam her multiple times. Even though Rose was landing clean Andrade wasn't getting hurt by her hands (in fact Andrade got dropped by a knee, but quickly recovered). Also notable is that Rose is reliant on movement, which, while effective early, causes her to gas (particularly if she's pressured). Andrade can consistently pressure for 15 minutes, and this can be a big problem when Rose is taking hard leg kicks and constantly moving.

    I think if Rose wins this it's via a Round 1 finish before Andrades pressure and kicks slow Rose down. It's possible Andrades chin is starting to go but Weili has much more power than Rose. Unless Rose lands a big kick or knee I don't think she hurts/drops Andrade, and Andrade is a good grappler with a noticeable physical advantage. I probably line Andrade (-175) or so. There's a path here for Rose, but this line is off in my opinion.

    This isn't even accounting for Rose's mental state, which has been questionable at times (although we have no idea on this today, as it's purely speculative and therefore can't be factored in).
    Nice breakdown. Like the new avatar as well.
    Points Awarded:

    WolfTicketDealer gave Hugo de Naranja 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/02/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 06/29/2020


  25. #25
    Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-12-11
    Posts: 17,004
    Betpoints: 12961

    Yeah we will see but i don't see andrade winning at all. I I think correct fighter favored and Andrade didn't impress me in there last fight and vegas reflects on it with the line. Rose i feel is the better striker.

  26. #26
    DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-24-11
    Posts: 1,688

    https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comment..._this_camp_no/

    Holloway says he trained by himself this camp and didn't spar once. The only coaching was via zoom too. Not sure if he's being truthful here but if so, that's insane. Volkanovski's odds are going to go up.

  27. #27
    Thrilla
    Hillary my Queen
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-10-15
    Posts: 9,761
    Betpoints: 5006


  28. #28
    Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-30-13
    Posts: 7,636
    Betpoints: 735

    Quote Originally Posted by DR225 View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comment..._this_camp_no/

    Holloway says he trained by himself this camp and didn't spar once. The only coaching was via zoom too. Not sure if he's being truthful here but if so, that's insane. Volkanovski's odds are going to go up.
    ...

    Ferguson sparring for the first time since 2015 in preparation for Khabib


    The former UFC interim lightweight champion revealed in a recent interview with ESPN’s Brett Okamoto that he hasn’t sparred since 2015, back when he beat Gleison Tibau via first-round submission at UFC 184.

    For the Khabib fight, however, ‘El Cucuy’ has reintroduced sparring into his training regimen to prepare for Nurmagomedov’s wrestling.


    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mma...ib/ar-BB10VehS

  29. #29
    WolfTicketDealer
    WolfTicketDealer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-05-17
    Posts: 151
    Betpoints: 3383

    Quote Originally Posted by DR225 View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comment..._this_camp_no/

    Holloway says he trained by himself this camp and didn't spar once. The only coaching was via zoom too. Not sure if he's being truthful here but if so, that's insane. Volkanovski's odds are going to go up.
    Really not that crazy. In fact reducing sparring is becoming more common in training these days. Sean O'Malley has reduced his sparring. There's only a certain amount of hits/damage you can take over your career so limiting sparring helps ensure your chin holds up longer.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/09/2020


  30. #30
    Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-14-16
    Posts: 11,674
    Betpoints: 1240

    Burns out against Usman. Nightmare situation . Aldo probably out next the way these Brazilians are getting COVID
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/02/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 06/29/2020


  31. #31
    THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-25-08
    Posts: 6,760
    Betpoints: 327

    Gilbert Burns tests positive for COVID-19, out of UFC 251 headliner vs. Kamaru Usman

    https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/...ht-coronavirus

  32. #32
    THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-25-08
    Posts: 6,760
    Betpoints: 327

    you know who is ready to step in on short notice......


  33. #33
    DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-24-11
    Posts: 1,688

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    ...

    Ferguson sparring for the first time since 2015 in preparation for Khabib


    The former UFC interim lightweight champion revealed in a recent interview with ESPN’s Brett Okamoto that he hasn’t sparred since 2015, back when he beat Gleison Tibau via first-round submission at UFC 184.

    For the Khabib fight, however, ‘El Cucuy’ has reintroduced sparring into his training regimen to prepare for Nurmagomedov’s wrestling.


    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mma...ib/ar-BB10VehS
    What's your point? Holloway has sparred often for every fight in his career and out of corona necessity, he hasn't in this training camp. This isn't good preparation for a rematch in which he was soundly beaten.

    https://themaclife.com/featured-post...holloway-zoom/

    “No sparring at all. I actually kind of liked it,” Holloway said. “First time not sparring. I was a big believer in sparring, you can talk to any of my coaches if you can get hold of any of them. At the end of the day, I was always about sparring, I love sparring but this camp opened my eyes. We don’t even have to spar that much anymore. I’m at a point in my career where I know how to punch, I know how to kick, I know how to apply it so why spar?”

  34. #34
    DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-24-11
    Posts: 1,688

    Quote Originally Posted by WolfTicketDealer View Post
    Really not that crazy. In fact reducing sparring is becoming more common in training these days. Sean O'Malley has reduced his sparring. There's only a certain amount of hits/damage you can take over your career so limiting sparring helps ensure your chin holds up longer.
    It's definitely a good idea for longevity in the sport. I just don't think it's a smart idea for this rematch. Holloway needs to make some major changes for this fight and zoom coaching with no sparring to put those gameplans into practice just lessens his chance of success. Can't blame him too much though, corona has ruined everything.

  35. #35
    WolfTicketDealer
    WolfTicketDealer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-05-17
    Posts: 151
    Betpoints: 3383

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Burns out against Usman. Nightmare situation . Aldo probably out next the way these Brazilians are getting COVID
    A Nigerian nightmare of a situation.

    I'll see myself out.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/09/2020


1234 Last
Top