Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Jibbby whats up with the stolen avatar? That avatar belongs to Beelzybubs.

Cant you be more creative and think of something of your own? You old fart.

WolfTicketDealer
    WolfTicketDealer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7615

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Ar8Uz2Srfefpq-

That is not a tap? Looks clear to me. By the responses it looks clear to a lot of people
    No, it isn't. There's nothing there for Andrade to tap to.

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7071

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^^ Mike Perry might be cut from the UFC and end up in jail for that Assault and public disturbance crime..

Can't go knocking out old fat farts like that, screaming while getting thrown out of public place and shouting out the N word..

Dude was always agro and out of control..
    Maybe he can start his own whiskey brand and apologize without actually saying sorry?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7071

I haven't kept strict numbers handy, but the last few weeks (or longer with an exception mixed in), the prelim predictions on Bloody Elbow have been awful. You'd have made a lot of money going against every pick.

POTVINSUX
    POTVINSUX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

MMAMANIA.com prelim write ups and predictions. Part 1 and 2...

265 lbs.: Marcin Tybura vs. Maxim Grishin

Marcin Tybura (18-6) emerged as a Heavyweight contender with consecutive victories over Viktor Pesta, Luis Henrique, and Andrei Arlovski, only to lose four of his next five. He managed to right the ship in February, taking a comfortable decision over Sergey Spivak in Norfolk.
    “Tybur” is the taller man by one inch.
    Maxim Grishin (30-7-2) has lost just once since 2011, amassing an 18-1-2 record and falling only to top prospect Magomed Ankalaev in that span. He’s recently cut his teeth in PFL, going 4-0-2 with a decision over UFC vet Jordan Johnson and a 48-second knockout of Mikhail Mokhnatkin.
    He steps in for Alexander Romanov on a week’s notice.
    It’s hard to think of a more dramatic opponent shift in recent memory than the one Tybura faces. Romanov is an absolute behemoth who specializes in power takedowns and top control, while Grishin is a natural Light Heavyweight who does his best work with adept kicks and a nasty right cross.
    I still have “Tybur” winning, to be fair, but it’s definitely a dramatic left turn.
    Though Grishin has some pop in his strikes and should enjoy a speed advantage, his arsenal doesn’t look sufficient to make up for the size disparity. The larger Tybura is a solid kickboxer in his own right and figures to test Grishin’s wrestling, which occasionally failed him against a natural Middleweight in Johnson. Tybura embarks on his first win streak in ages with a competitive decision win.
    Prediction: Tybura via unanimous decision
    Related
    Video: Inside The Fight Island Quarantine Zone

125 lbs.: Raulian Paiva vs. Zhalgas Zhumagulov

Raulian Paiva (19-3) entered UFC on a 12-fight win streak, but stumbled out of the gate thanks to a narrow decision loss to Kai Kara-France and a gruesome cut stoppage against Rogerio Bontorin. He came up big with his back against the wall in February, though, flattening Mark De La Rosa with a right hand late in the second round.
    He stands three inches taller than “Zhako” at 5’8.”
    A five-round decision over Tyson Nam earned Zhalgas Zhumagulov (13-3) a Fight Nights Global title shot against Team Nurmagomedov rep Tagir Ulanbekov, whom Zhumagulov narrowly edged by majority decision. Then came former UFC title challenger Ali Bagautinov, who likewise fell via close decision.
    He has scored six professional wins by knockout and one via submission.
    While I’m sure Zhumagulov will appreciate the chance to face a fellow striker after spending his last 50 minutes in the cage against suffocating wrestlers, Paiva looks poised to give him a rough welcome. The Kazakh oftentimes relies on explosive rushes to close the distance against rangier opposition, and that height difference looks like it’ll give him some issues, especially since Paiva is no stranger to the sort of high-octane firefight Zhumagulov prefers.
    Paiva is also a fair bit crisper and tighter with his punches, which should allow him to exploit the openings Zhumagulov’s full-body swings leave behind. Zhumagulov could sway the judges with his output, constant leg attack and visually-appealing haymakers, but expect Paiva’s more telling blows to secure the decision.
    Prediction: Paiva via unanimous decision
    Related
    Dana White Releases Promo Video For Usman Vs. Masvidal

135 lbs.: Karol Rosa vs. Vanessa Melo

Karol Rosa (12-3) — a training partner for former UFC Strawweight champion Jessica Andrade — made her UFC debut on the heels of two consecutive third-round finishes. She made the most of the opportunity against unbeaten Nova Uniao-trained product Lara Procopio, ultimately landing over 170 significant strikes en route to a unanimous decision win.
    Half of her professioanl wins have come by stoppage, four of them (technical) knockouts.
    Less than two months after defeating Strikeforce vet Jan Finney, Vanessa Melo (10-7) stepped up on short notice to face Irene Aldana, ultimately dropping a decision to the Mexican bruiser. She again stepped up against Tracy Cortez shortly thereafter and again fell short on the scorecards.
    “Miss Simpatia” gives up 2.5 inches of reach to Rosa.
    Rosa impressed me against the very capable Procopio, whom I expected to remain undefeated. She has an easier task ahead of her in Melo; though Melo has some striking chops and counters well, she’s terribly inaccurate. Both Aldana and Cortez nearly lapped her in significant strikes landed, and Rosa, who landed a mind-boggling 11.40 strikes per minute against Procopio, looks poised to overwhelm her in similar fashion.
    To make matters worse for Melo, her lack of stopping power means she can’t make up the difference with eye-catching blows. And if anyone’s scoring a knockdown or at least visibly hurting her opponent, it’s Rosa. In the end, power and volume win the day in a 15-minute striking battle.
    Prediction: Rosa via unanimous decision
    Related
    Masvidal Passes COVID-19 Test, Official For UFC 251

135 lbs.: Martin Day vs. Davey Grant

Martin Day (9-3) bounced back from his unsuccessful “Contender Series” bid with three consecutive victories, setting up a debut against Chinese prospect Pingyuan Liu. Though Day kept it close in hostile territory, he ultimately lost his second decision in five fights.
    Injuries and coronavirus delays make this his first fight since Nov. 2018.
    Two submission wins and a scale fail on the part of Anthony Gutierrez sent Davey Grant (9-4) to the The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 18 Finale, where he tapped to a Chris Holdsworth rear-naked choke. Various misfortunes have held him to just four appearances since that 2013 defeat, the most recent of which saw him edge out Grigorii Popov in Nov. 2019.
    All eight of his submission wins have come by form of choke.
    This is isn’t the closest fight on the undercard odds-wise, but it’s the one I’m most conflicted about. Day’s key weakness — the thing that cost him on “Contender Series” and against Liu — is his grappling. Grant’s six takedowns against Popov showed that he is not at all shy about exploiting a shaky ground game, and Day’s habit of leading with naked kicks leaves him vulnerable to having them caught.
    At the same time, Day rather thoroughly shut down Liu’s takedowns — the dangerous ground situations came about when Liu pulled guard on a guillotine and when he dropped Day with strikes. Plus, Day can keep that acrobatic attack going all night long, while Grant was absolutely exhausted after three rounds with Popov. Ultimately, though, I’m going to go with my initial instinct and pick Grant because he’s a better wrestler than Liu and Day just leaves too many openings for takedowns.
    Prediction: Grant via unanimous decision

205 lbs.: Volkan Oezdemir vs. Jiri Prochazka

The unsuccessful title bid for Volkan Oezdemir (17-4) against Daniel Cormier kicked off a three-fight skid that saw him tap to an Anthony Smith rear-naked choke and drop a razor-thin decision to Dominick Reyes. “No Time” has since gotten back on track, knocking out Ilir Latifi and handing hot prospect Aleksandar Rakic the first loss of his Octagon career.
    He stands two inches shorter than his foe at 6’2.”
    The Czech Republic’s Jiri Prochazka (26-3-1) made his name in Rizin, where he’s amassed an 11-1 record in brutal fashion. He avenged a knockout loss to “King Mo” Lawal to win the promotion’s Light Heavyweight title in 2019, then flattened Fabio Maldonado and CB Dollaway in under two minutes apiece.
    Twenty-three of his professional wins, including his last eight and 16 of his last 17, have come by form of knockout.
    In the interest of full disclosure, I’ll admit that I’ve been a fan of Jiri’s since 2015 and was positively giddy when I heard he’d been signed. I’ll also admit that I’ve got a bad habit of underestimating Oezdemir. With all that on the table, here’s why Prochazka will win.
    If Oezdemir has a standout weakness, it’s an occasional tendency to fade down the stretch, which is a bad problem to have against a man who boasts one of the deepest gas tanks in Light Heavyweight history. Prochazka pushes a pace higher than Oezdemir is comfortable with and has enough power, speed, and variety to hold his own in striking exchanges with a fresh “No Time.” Though “Denisa” has shown some vulnerability to low kicks in the past, I favor his avalanche of offense to wear Oezdemir down and secure a late finish.
    Prediction: Prochazka via second-round technical knockout
    Related
    Up Next: UFC 251 On Fight Island!

170 lbs.: Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Muslim Salikhov

Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos (22-6) put his narrow UFC debut loss to Nicolas Dalby behind him, embarking on a path of destruction through the Welterweight ranks, winning seven straight and earning three “Fight of the Night” bonuses in the process. A stoppage loss to Li Jingliang halted his rise last August, though he claimed a decision against Alexey Kunchenko this past March.
    “Capoeira” will have three inches of reach on “The King of Kung Fu.”
    Despite considerable hype and spinning kick knockouts of two UFC veterans under his belt, Muslim Salikhov’s (16-2) Octagon debut went sideways courtesy of an Alex Garcia rear-naked choke. Salikhov got back on track with knockouts of Ricky Rainey and Nordine Taleb, plus a wide decision over the surging Laureano Staropoli in Oct. 2019.
    He has knocked out 11 professional opponents and submitted another three.
    Zaleski’s recent fights with Li and Kunchenko — the latter of whom I thought he was quite fortunate to get the judges’ nod against — seemed to show the limits of his frantic onslaught against composed strikers. Unfortunately for the Brazilian, Salikhov more than fits that bill. Not only is Salikhov the superior technical kickboxer, he’s even got the edge in the spinning attacks Zaleski so enjoys.
    Zaleski’s takedowns could throw a wrench in things, as they did against Kunchenko, but Salikhov’s shown some solid wrestling chops himself recently, taking Staropoli down three times. Salikhov keeps it standing, where he eventually capitalizes on Zaleski’s subpar boxing for a brutal finish.
    Prediction: Salikhov via second-round technical knockout
    Related
    Dana White Releases Promo Video For Usman Vs. Masvidal

145 lbs.: Makwan Amirkhani vs. Danny Henry

Makwan Amirkhani (15-4) kicked off his Octagon career with two wins in a combined 1:49, ultimately coming out victorious in five of his first six appearances. “Mr. Finland” enjoyed a strong start against Shane Burgos in Nov. 2019, but ultimately succumbed to his foe’s power in the final minute of the third round.
    Eight of his 10 professional submissions have come via choke.
    Danny Henry (12-3) survived an early onslaught to upset Daniel Teymur in his Octagon debut, then scored an even larger upset by choking out Hakeem Dawodu in just 39 seconds his next time out. He couldn’t make it 3-0 against Dan Ige, whose immediate blitz netted the Hawaiian a 67-second tapout victory.
    This will be his first fight in nearly 16 months.
    Now this is a two-true-outcome fight if I’ve ever seen one. Henry’s fights with Teymur and Ige showed that he’s vulnerable to early aggression, which Amirkhani’s wrestling attack offers in spades. On the flip side, that Teymur fight proved that Henry can quickly become a nightmare to deal with if that initial onslaught fails to take him out, and watching a gassed Amirkhani get pummeled by Burgos should give “The Hatchet” confidence.
    Henry has to survive to make that comeback happen, though, and Amirkhani’s got the submission skills to keep him from doing so. Amirkhani drags him to the mat and chokes him out before he can get his snowball going.
    Prediction: Amirkhani via first-round submission
    Related
    New UFC 251 Poster Drops For ‘Usman Vs Masvidal’

155 lbs.: Leonardo Santos vs. Roman Bogatov

Leonardo Santos (17-3-1) — who turned 40 this past February — has yet to taste defeat inside the Octagon. He’s won five straight since drawing with Norman Parke, earning post-fight bonuses for his knockouts of Kevin Lee and Stevie Ray.
    He fights for the first time since June 2019 and for just the second time since 2016.
    When M-1 lightweight champion Damir Ismagulov joined UFC in 2010, Roman Bogatov (10-0) faced Rubenilton Pereira for the now-vacant belt, claiming it via grueling five-round decision. He successfully defended it with a submission of Michel Silva and an injury stoppage of UFC veteran Mickael Lebout last August.
    He has earned five professional wins by submission.
    On the one hand, Santos is 40 years old and painfully inactive. On the other, Bogatov looks tailor-made for him. The Russian relies extensively on his wrestling and smothering top control, which is a mighty dangerous game to play against someone with Santos’ Brazilian jiu-jitsu pedigree. The stand up doesn’t look much safer for him, either — Bogatov is generally easy to hit and Santos has seemingly developed some stunning power lately.
    Bogatov will have to bank on Santos’ age and rust catching up to him, which isn’t the worst plan in the world considering how exhausting the former’s takedown attack can be to deal with. Still, the likeliest outcome sees Santos either club-and-sub Bogatov or snatch up his neck on an ill-timed shot.
    Prediction: Santos via first-round submission
    Jibby, I know you like to fade these write-ups but do you have any selections for this card set in stone just yet? Killed it last card, keep it up my dude!

WolfTicketDealer

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    lol Mike Perry just knocked out some old fat guy at a bar

That old dude got slept. Should have gone for a level change rather than rushing in with his chin up like that.

Joe Soliz scored the round 10-9 for old dude.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by POTVINSUX View Post
    Jibby, I know you like to fade these write-ups but do you have any selections for this card set in stone just yet? Killed it last card, keep it up my dude!
    Guy there is no need to quote the entire post.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by WolfTicketDealer View Post
    No, it isn't. There's nothing there for Andrade to tap to.

bullshit she had her in a kimora and possibly thinking her arm was gonna snap. Or possibly she was tapping to asked Rose a question? I see people all the time tape when they are in a bad position when you know they could have fought the position longer.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

bullshit she had her in a kimora and possibly thinking her arm was gonna snap. Or possibly she was tapping to asked Rose a question?
    *Kimura

WolfTicketDealer

bullshit she had her in a kimora and possibly thinking her arm was gonna snap. Or possibly she was tapping to asked Rose a question? I see people all the time tape when they are in a bad position when you know they could have fought the position longer.
    Seems like she was trying to re-establish her grip and her hands are shaking a bit. There was no submission in place, and isn't even close to being locked in. Rose doesn't really even seem to have much leverage, and if Andrade were truly compromised, she wouldn't have been able to immediately slam Rose. Ironically holding onto that Kimura got Rose KO'd when Andrade slammed her again later in the fight.

The only people claiming a tap are Rose fanboys (who have said the Andrade slam was illegal when it wasn't). People seeing stuff they want to see. We'll see if Rose can bounce back but I predict Andrade will finish Rose again.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    *Kimura
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Thrilla 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

WolfTicketDealer

Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave WolfTicketDealer 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post

She's called THUG Rose for a reason ..

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Rose-Namajunas-69083

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Jibbby whats up with the stolen avatar? That avatar belongs to Beelzybubs.

Cant you be more creative and think of something of your own? You old fart.
    Beelz gave up that right as he doesn't post on SBR anymore.. I'm working on a new AVATAR Picture give me some time you gay fart...

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Beelz gave up that right as he doesn't post on SBR anymore.. I'm working on a new AVATAR Picture give me some time you gay fart...
    Fake News.
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave Beelzebubzy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thor4140

Seems like she was trying to re-establish her grip and her hands are shaking a bit. There was no submission in place, and isn't even close to being locked in. Rose doesn't really even seem to have much leverage, and if Andrade were truly compromised, she wouldn't have been able to immediately slam Rose. Ironically holding onto that Kimura got Rose KO'd when Andrade slammed her again later in the fight.

The only people claiming a tap are Rose fanboys (who have said the Andrade slam was illegal when it wasn't). People seeing stuff they want to see. We'll see if Rose can bounce back but I predict Andrade will finish Rose again.
    Yeah okay. I just showed two big mma fans that video asking them what they thought without saying what i thought and they both said the same thing. That is a tap. I never saw that during the fight. Her hand is shaking lol ok.
    Last edited by Thor4140; 07-09-20 at 04:27 PM.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Fake News.
    In Jibby defense he doesn’t post a lot of fake news he gets sucked in by it. Beelz wasn’t it you who outed Jibby as a fake MMA writer lol.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Fake News.
    There he is!!! BEELZ!! Changing Avatar now!! You da man!!! RSPK!!

My bad for stealing your goods!! Please forgive!!
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-09-20 at 05:16 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

In Jibby defense he doesn’t post a lot of fake news he gets sucked in by it. Beelz wasn’t it you who outed Jibby as a fake MMA writer lol.
    Dude I'm a millionaire real estate owner today that is retired, couldn't pay me to be an MMA writer today that gets paid peanuts. I could still do it today though. Stop it Thor. That was like ten years ago and yes I had blogs and MMA write ups going on back then..

Let's get back to MMA.. Will start capping the fights hard after weigh ins tomorrow.. Never know when a fighter will test positive for Corona and back out last minute these days..

I do miss the good ole days on SBR... I really do.. Brought out the best in me gambling wise..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-09-20 at 05:27 PM.

WolfTicketDealer

Yeah okay. I just showed two big mma fans that video asking them what they thought without saying what i thought and they both said the same thing. That is a tap. I never saw that during the fight. Her hand is shaking lol ok.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comment...ms_she_tapped/

Just going to end the argument with this, which has a pretty universal agreement that Andrade didn't tap. I'm sure you'll come up with some bullshit that I somehow created all those accounts but whatever. Seems like there's no convincing you so I'll just end this argument and say that I'm excited for the fight Saturday.

Hugo de Naranja

If Andrade tapped, why wouldn't Rose notice or say anything about it to the referee or anyone after the fight?

Thor4140

Dude I'm a millionaire real estate owner today that is retired, couldn't pay me to be an MMA writer today that gets paid peanuts. I could still do it today though. Stop it Thor. That was like ten years ago and yes I had blogs and MMA write ups going on back then..

Let's get back to MMA.. Will start capping the fights hard after weigh ins tomorrow.. Never know when a fighter will test positive for Corona and back out last minute these days..

I do miss the good ole days on SBR... I really do.. Brought out the best in me gambling wise..

You jumped In my yard first jibbers. Let’s not forget i spent about two years here cleaning up this mma site with a big assist from Locksmith. Do you remember how i used to get on people creating all these threads about the same thing and would put up the card and tell guys to just post in the one. I was shitty at posting the card but Locky mastered it. This place was a cluster fuk. The way Lock sets it up and most stay in the thread made the site a lot better. Saturday night i should be around to bullshit with you guys but i am a very busy guy. This card i already told the old lady don’t make any plans for me cause i want to watch this.

Thor4140

If Andrade tapped, why wouldn't Rose notice or say anything about it to the referee or anyone after the fight?
    She is probably one of those people that knows nothing would come out of it and it would look like she was just complaining. If you remember she seemed pretty relaxed that she lost all the pressure that comes with the belt. Kinda like when Matt Hughes lost his title to BJ Penn. Now someone like Covington would be screaming about it for years

Thor4140

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comment...ms_she_tapped/

Just going to end the argument with this, which has a pretty universal agreement that Andrade didn't tap. I'm sure you'll come up with some bullshit that I somehow created all those accounts but whatever. Seems like there's no convincing you so I'll just end this argument and say that I'm excited for the fight Saturday.
    The video i produced there were like fifteen people right off the bat who thought she tapped. Enjoy your Saturday I’m tired of this debate also.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Wasn’t me

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Andrades tapped like Masvidal after the Askren fight...
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave UncleChael 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

You jumped In my yard first jibbers. Let’s not forget i spent about two years here cleaning up this mma site with a big assist from Locksmith. Do you remember how i used to get on people creating all these threads about the same thing and would put up the card and tell guys to just post in the one. I was shitty at posting the card but Locky mastered it. This place was a cluster fuk. The way Lock sets it up and most stay in the thread made the site a lot better. Saturday night i should be around to bullshit with you guys but i am a very busy guy. This card i already told the old lady don’t make any plans for me cause i want to watch this.
    Thor I like ya man, I still remember when you gave me a boat load of bet points years ago out of the kindness of your heart. I don't forget a gift...

Never said a bad word about you that I remember. I joked with you in the THOR toilet meme posts but that's all.

I just thought you were picking on Hugo and gave a shout out for you to chill.. That's all. Don't take it personally if I rubbed you the wrong way bud, it's just the internet.. I just think HUGO is the MVP of this UFC section today..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-09-20 at 09:31 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

@Jibby Thanks man. That means so much!

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Cant wait to watch thug rose beat andrade!

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Cant wait to watch thug rose beat andrade!
    Will give her big respect if she does.

frankieunits2685
    frankieunits2685's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2021

Weigh-In Show starting NOW! on ESPN+

I'm interested to see how Masvidal and Aldo look at weigh-ins.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

She's favored so not like it's going to be really hard.

frankieunits2685
    frankieunits2685's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2021

demonata going BIG on Rose-- really backing her?

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

I think Rose will get a decisive victory.

First 1234567 ... Last