PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I do count on people to mix it up every now n then.....like roy did to BB and Arlovski did to Struve......
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    So you're banking on Rountree to do something he's literally never done in his UFC career and you're saying there's value at (+120)?

PaperTrail07

could RT go full Soukhamthath...sure..he could also land 1 TD and essentially end the fight...

Rich Benjamins
    Rich Benjamins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3698

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    I do count on people to mix it up every now n then.....like roy did to BB and Arlovski did to Struve......
    And Holm vs Anderson.

PaperTrail07

Excellent Example--considering everyone here was against Holly there......Don't back out and say you weren't guys LMAO....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Benjamins View Post
    And Holm vs Anderson.

Rich Benjamins

Rountree is my boy. He's going to give Saki the beating of his life. Ya'll don't even realize. Rountree lost his last fight because the guy took a pill that made him invincible.

PaperTrail07

What exactly was this pill? I was wondering what he was on as he didn't seem bulky or anything ,......figured it was HGH or something to get over an injury......hopefully it didn't make RT feel like he should have won lol...
    Rountree is my boy. He's going to give Saki the beating of his life. Ya'll don't even realize. Rountree lost his last fight because the guy took a pill that made him invincible.

Rich Benjamins

I'm not sure exactly what pill it was. I know it was a type of estrogen blocker. But he took some huge shots by Rountree and it seemed like he didn't even feel them.

What exactly was this pill? I was wondering what he was on as he didn't seem bulky or anything ,......figured it was HGH or something to get over an injury......hopefully it didn't make RT feel like he should have won lol...

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Excellent Example--considering everyone here was against Holly there......Don't back out and say you weren't guys LMAO....
    I was definitely on Anderson for that fight. People banked on Holly to do something she had never done before in her career, implement a successful offensive grappling gameplan. She did it and they won their bets. However, this kind of approach where you depend on a fighter to make a big change to their usual style is not profitable, especially with such a tight line.

Hugo de Naranja

It can happen but I think depending on it is not smart.

Hugo de Naranja

You want to get some BPs down on this too Rich?

Rich Benjamins

You want to get some BPs down on this too Rich?
    Sure Hugo. 1000 BPs even?

Hugo de Naranja

Sure Hugo. 1000 BPs even?
    I'll give ya the same price I gave Paper, just to be fair. My 1200 to your 1000.

Rich Benjamins

I'll give ya the same price I gave Paper, just to be fair. My 1200 to your 1000.
    OK, that's fair. A little bit of money is coming in on Rountree on 5dimes, but it's about 1.2 to 1.

PaperTrail07

lot of opportunity this weekend.....GL to everyone and have a safe 4th w the family

PaperTrail07

I look at it a tad different I guess.....if a fighter leaves a HUGE window open.....you take it....Holly saw a clear hole in the game....has a brain and went for it....Arlovski...you think he magically landed more takedowns in that fight than in his career randomly?...he saw Struve being dumb and leaving TD's open on tape....tossed in into the gameplan...will RT do the same...not sure....but the Window is Open IMO.......
    I was definitely on Anderson for that fight. People banked on Holly to do something she had never done before in her career, implement a successful offensive grappling gameplan. She did it and they won their bets. However, this kind of approach where you depend on a fighter to make a big change to their usual style is not profitable, especially with such a tight line.

Hugo de Naranja

I look at it a tad different I guess.....if a fighter leaves a HUGE window open.....you take it....Holly saw a clear hole in the game....has a brain and went for it....Arlovski...you think he magically landed more takedowns in that fight than in his career randomly?...he saw Struve being dumb and leaving TD's open on tape....tossed in into the gameplan...will RT do the same...not sure....but the Window is Open IMO.......
    Interesting take.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Can you explain how we can be confident that Rountrees TDs are better than Saki’s TDD? What evidence is there to look at? Sake defended two TDs successfully against Da Silva. Rountree’s successful TDs?

Rich Benjamins

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Can you explain how we can be confident that Rountrees TDs are better than Saki’s TDD? What evidence is there to look at? Sake defended two TDs successfully against Da Silva. Rountree’s successful TDs?
    We don't know, we haven't seen Rountree make td attempts. We're assuming he's been training to do it all this time and it's in his back pocket if the opportunity arises. We hadn't seen Holm make a td attempt before but she took Andereson down like a pro in their fight.

Shagdogy

We don't know, we haven't seen Rountree make td attempts. We're assuming he's been training to do it all this time and it's in his back pocket if the opportunity arises. We hadn't seen Holm make a td attempt before but she took Andereson down like a pro in their fight.
    I agree with Hugo that in the long run making assumptions and placing bets guessing that something we've never seen happen before will happen is a losing strategy. You may be right in the case of Holly vs. Anderson, but I don't think that type of play is profitable long term.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

I had a couple of discussions with people who were on Holm and nobody even mentioned the grappling advantage for Holm. Most people were certain that Holm had a significant striking advantage over Anderson. This proved not only to be not the case but completely the opposite of the case. Holm didn't seem to last one minute striking with Anderson. They still won their bets but, like you mentioned, winning while the underlying analysis is mistaken won't be a good long term strategy.

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    I had a couple of discussions with people who were on Holm and nobody even mentioned the grappling advantage for Holm. Most people were certain that Holm had a significant striking advantage over Anderson. This proved not only to be not the case but completely the opposite of the case. Holm didn't seem to last one minute striking with Anderson. They still won their bets but, like you mentioned, winning while the underlying analysis is mistaken won't be a good long term strategy.
    You for Saki or Rountree in this one? Hugo and I both on Saki.

Rich Benjamins

I spoke with Rountree on the phone, he said he was going to take Saki down. J/K but I think you have to assume that in the UFC, everyone is a well rounded MMA fighter, and will take advantage of opportunities when they arise.

I agree with Hugo that in the long run making assumptions and placing bets guessing that something we've never seen happen before will happen is a losing strategy. You may be right in the case of Holly vs. Anderson, but I don't think that type of play is profitable long term.

Rich Benjamins

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    Yea, that was crazy, Holm couldn't last at all with Anderson on the feet. But at the same time, Anderson couldn't stop the tds. Holm was able to demonstrate a full MMA game and that's what you need to expect from good fighters nowadays that have trained MMA for a long time now, like Rountree.

Hugo de Naranja

She tried and failed against bout GDR and Cyborg.

Hugo de Naranja

I spoke with Rountree on the phone, he said he was going to take Saki down. J/K but I think you have to assume that in the UFC, everyone is a well rounded MMA fighter, and will take advantage of opportunities when they arise.
    So will Saki take advantage of Rountree's poor Takedown Defense and outgrapple him?

Rich Benjamins

So will Saki take advantage of Rountree's poor Takedown Defense and outgrapple him?
    Well that's another thing to look at too. Maybe Rountree is better than Saki on the feet and Saki will try and take him down. We haven't seen long fights with Rountree, except his last one where he gassed, and his opponent was on PEDs. Saki is new to MMA, I'm not sure how long he has been training grappling. This fight will be a barn burner either way, a FOTN candidate.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Rich Benjamins 1200 SBR Point(s) for this post.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

You for Saki or Rountree in this one? Hugo and I both on Saki.
    Played some of Saki ML and Rountree Rd1 prop for a hedge. A lot of question marks preventing me from going bigger. Saki is a bit old and shop worn, had to take 4 or 5 months off due to injury, and theres just very little footage of him fighting within the past few years. Even his Glory 15 footage doesn't tell us much since both those fights ended super early due to injury. That said, if this is an mma kickboxing match then it's def Sakis fight to lose.

I know Khalil is training in his backyard but he's on the shortlist of fighters in the ufc that can do stupid stuff like that and still win fights.

Rich Benjamins

In this video the last 30 seconds Rountree says "I wanna get good on the ground, I wanna be unstoppable, I want to train and learn these things." That was on Feb, 2017. We'll see where he's at 1.5 years later.

Hugo de Naranja

In this video the last 30 seconds Rountree says "I wanna get good on the ground, I wanna be unstoppable, I want to train and learn these things." That was on Feb, 2017. We'll see where he's at 1.5 years later.

He's fought twice since then, both times against guys WAY worse than Saki. Didn't show a lick of any offensive grappling.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

I agree. I was on Anderson as well.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Last edited by Thrilla; 07-06-18 at 04:53 PM.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Roundtree is going to sleeeeeep.. ZzzzZzzzzZzzzz

BOOM!! " tell 'em uncle chael sent ya"
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave UncleChael 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Richard Clock
    Richard Clock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Saki is dangerous for about 1 round.....so Ill take my chances....
    Rountree is dangerous for half of 1 round

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Clock View Post
    Rountree is dangerous for half of 1 round
    So curious why ppl would bet against Saki on the cardio angle alone? I could literally eat Rountree’s arm punches after 2.5mins into the fight. He gasses full of lactic acid and loses all of his fight ending power. Saki gasses is his lungs but he can still hit like a truck because he is conditioned to purely striking.

Rich Benjamins

Told ya'll, don't fukk wit my boy!

First 123 Last