PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Sat 7/7 24417 K. Rountree +120 What am I missing here...

Rountree should destroy him IMO...Line seems wrong....
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave PaperTrail07 1200 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Why was Pedro a gift?

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Rountree should destroy him IMO...Line seems wrong....
    Lol wut. Saki is a FAR superior striker and This fight is going to be contested on the feet. I’ll put 1000 BetPoints on Saki if you want to take Rountree at (+120)

PaperTrail07

Done
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Lol wut. Saki is a FAR superior striker and This fight is going to be contested on the feet. I’ll put 1000 BetPoints on Saki if you want to take Rountree at (+120)
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Hugo de Naranja

PaperTrail07

Saki is dangerous for about 1 round.....so Ill take my chances....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post

PaperTrail07

bet in......but again I said what am I missing lol....did he take the last fight on short notice......guy was flat gassed after 1

Broxbomber
    Broxbomber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3957

bet in......but again I said what am I missing lol....did he take the last fight on short notice......guy was flat gassed after 1
    What kind of cardio do you think Roundtree has? IIRC Roundtree has pretty bad cardio as well.

I do agree that Saki has shit cardio. I was looking at fading him in future fights after his last fight, if he was against someone with good cardio. Roundtree isn’t that guy IMO.

PaperTrail07

For sure...I may be thinking RT cardio is better than it is ....I give him 1.5-2 cardio rounds and Saki 1 round.....ESP if he can wear on saki a little with kicks...saki gassed with zero grappling or TD in first fight.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Broxbomber View Post
    What kind of cardio do you think Roundtree has? IIRC Roundtree has pretty bad cardio as well.

I do agree that Saki has shit cardio. I was looking at fading him in future fights after his last fight, if he was against someone with good cardio. Roundtree isn’t that guy IMO.

Teem
    Teem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3534

Rountree is going to stand with Saki and his defense is shit. He's going to get stretched in round 1 bro.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Teem 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Why was Pedro a gift?

PaperTrail07 could you pls answer this question?

Thx

Hugo de Naranja

Done
    Alright my 1200 to your 1000.
    Last edited by Hugo de Naranja; 06-28-18 at 05:56 PM.

Hugo de Naranja

Saki is dangerous for about 1 round.....so Ill take my chances....
    Nevermind that Saki has gone 3 rounds or longer literally dozens of times in kickboxing and has won the vast majority of those bouts.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Hugo your secret weapon will be that Rountree was a +240 dog in the cancelled bout 6+ months ago vs. Saki.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Watch Rountree’s interview with James Lynch before you get too confident in the guy. He left Syndicate MMA and Vegas entirely after his last fight. Hasn’t had a full time camp since, and says he has been training out of his backyard in CA with inconsistent partners. Apparently still didn’t know his full corner team for this fight up until recently (may still not know). He’s def not 100% and his fight IQ and grit may be the things to suffer most as a result. It all seems mental.

PaperTrail07

Just watched it...does seem mental....and he seems confused as F lol.....him talking about the takedown is a good thing though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Watch Rountree’s interview with James Lynch before you get too confident in the guy. He left Syndicate MMA and Vegas entirely after his last fight. Hasn’t had a full time camp since, and says he has been training out of his backyard in CA with inconsistent partners. Apparently still didn’t know his full corner team for this fight up until recently (may still not know). He’s def not 100% and his fight IQ and grit may be the things to suffer most as a result. It all seems mental.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

I'm not sure anymore if Rountree was +240 in the cancelled bout...lol.

All I know is back then, I watched Rountree tape and wasn't impressed by Saki's octagon debut having followed his career closely and watched most of his recent interviews. Saki is a bet against MMA fighter as long as his ground game is untested. That being said how good is Rountree's jits and wrestling game? Would be stupid to try and outstrike Saki on the feet...though Rountree does have legit K.O. power.

PaperTrail07

What with the adjustment AFTER a loss by RT then? Then line has even moved SLIGHTLY in his favor from +120 to +115.....did saki magically get worse?...OR RT better.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    I'm not sure anymore if Rountree was +240 in the cancelled bout...lol.

All I know is back then, I watched Rountree tape and wasn't impressed by Saki's octagon debut having followed his career closely and watched most of his recent interviews. Saki is a bet against MMA fighter as long as his ground game is untested. That being said how good is Rountree's jits and wrestling game? Would be stupid to try and outstrike Saki on the feet...though Rountree does have legit K.O. power.

Teem

Hmm, RT is a striker. He has no takedowns. He may attempt one and get KO'd trying. His last 2 wins were KO's against Paul Craig and Daniel Jolly. Both of which anyone can KO. And doesn't Saki train with Latifi and Gus? His TDD will be solid. If Saki doesn't KO Rountree in round 1, it's round 2.

PaperTrail07

Ok OK......why do you think there was such crazy line movement.....If RT comes in and play's Saki's game...sure e gets KO'd...however if Saki shows up fat, and his cardio is not on point.....he will literally gas after 2 mins IF RT can grapple or manage to get a TD....
    Quote Originally Posted by Teem View Post
    Hmm, RT is a striker. He has no takedowns. He may attempt one and get KO'd trying. His last 2 wins were KO's against Paul Craig and Daniel Jolly. Both of which anyone can KO. And doesn't Saki train with Latifi and Gus? His TDD will be solid. If Saki doesn't KO Rountree in round 1, it's round 2.

Teem

Saki had a 2 year layoff before his last fight didn't he? I'm sure that effected his cardio. He didn't have cardio issues in kickboxing. And when was the last time Rountree tried to grapple? Rountree doesn't wrestle. Rountree is a one round fighter himself. Even if they do both gas after round 1 (if the fight gets past that) I'd trust the gassed Saki over the gassed Rountree any day.This will most likely be a kickboxing match in which Saki is far far more superior.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Teem 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja gave Teem 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

I Guess I'm expecting RT to be smart when he might not be....I assume he would know to tie up with Saki....wear him down and go from there.,...obv don't play the stand up game.....push him into the fence and drop for a TD.....even if it DOES NOT LAND.....its being effective....after that interview tho

PaperTrail07

Yeah if you assume that's how it goes...Saki IS the play.....I expect more from RT considering this is MMA and he CAN go for a TD from a guy w an untested ground game....the last few fights, I think he wanted to stay on the feet....craig and his 30-27 loss (NC)...loss...
    Saki had a 2 year layoff before his last fight didn't he? I'm sure that effected his cardio. He didn't have cardio issues in kickboxing. And when was the last time Rountree tried to grapple? Rountree doesn't wrestle. Rountree is a one round fighter himself. Even if they do both gas after round 1 (if the fight gets past that) I'd trust the gassed Saki over the gassed Rountree any day.This will most likely be a kickboxing match in which Saki is far far more superior.

Teem

Oh and Rountree also said in a recent interview that he loves to strike and will be looking for the KO. He said he's not a wrestling or jits guy and for the fans to be expecting a striking war. He said, "always going to be me, fight as I fight." He has no coaches and no game plan going into this fight.... I understand where you're coming from but I just don't think Rountree could pull off the grappling on Saki being the type of fighter he is. He's going to stay where he's comfortable, and that's on the feet.
    Last edited by Teem; 06-29-18 at 03:59 PM.

Teem

I understand that Rountree is a powerful athletic guy but he slows quickly. Too much muscle and doesn't know how to relax. Often becomes a stationary target and his hands go low. Very dangerous against a guy like Saki. He's also susceptible to leg kicks. And I believe during the Oleksiejczuk fight he was getting tagged over and over by an overhand left. Saki loves using a lead left hook. I think that'll keep landing on Rountree or when Rountree tires he will have his hands low and get KO'd by a kick to the head.... Of course Rountree could land a bomb on Saki's chin in a wild exchange. But only in round 1.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Teem 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Ok OK......why do you think there was such crazy line movement.....If RT comes in and play's Saki's game...sure e gets KO'd...however if Saki shows up fat, and his cardio is not on point.....he will literally gas after 2 mins IF RT can grapple or manage to get a TD....
    So you're banking on Rountree to do something he's literally never done in his UFC career and you're saying there's value at (+120)?

Hugo de Naranja

My man

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Rich Benjamins
    Rich Benjamins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3698

It's close, but since Roundtree is the dog, you gotta go with Rountree. I haven't seen Saki fight except for vs Frankenstein, and he was very close to losing that. Roundtree has been training MMA for a long time, and he's very strong. How well is Saki adjusting to MMA? Kickboxing is a different sport. I'll bet Rountree tries to take him down, at the very least to give Saki something more to worry about while they're in the standup.

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Benjamins View Post
    It's close, but since Roundtree is the dog, you gotta go with Rountree. I haven't seen Saki fight except for vs Frankenstein, and he was very close to losing that. Roundtree has been training MMA for a long time, and he's very strong. How well is Saki adjusting to MMA? Kickboxing is a different sport. I'll bet Rountree tries to take him down, at the very least to give Saki something more to worry about while they're in the standup.
    Rewatched that recently. Was Saki close to losing? He was tooling up Da Silva on the feet. He got briefly hurt, maybe?, and then came back in an exchange and landed a super clean bomb of a left hook. That wasn't an accident. He was composed in that pressure and knew the opening was coming.

The cardio thing seems misunderstood to me here. I think it's Rountree with the problem. He clearly fills up with Lactic acid and loses the vast majority of his power. In his last fight, he couldn't have KO'd anyone past halfway through round 1 because his arms were so heavy. Saki is a professional, lifelong striker. He can get winded in his lungs but still throw bombs with his fists. There's a big difference in the TYPE of tired these guys get. If Rountree doesn't land his KO within the first 2 minutes, and Saki is able to see his hands slow down, feel a punch or two and know that he has lost the power to knock him out, he will absolutely go to town. I actually like this fight more for Saki if it goes longer. I think he's the guy who will be a KO threat beyond the first 2mins.

And if Rountree decides to grapple... well, we have no clue how that will go. On the defensive he has NEVER looked like a good grappler, and there's a good chance that he gasses even faster that way and his arms get even heavier. Meanwhile, Saki actually did a decent job with his hips and digging underhooks to defend two half decent TD attempts from Da Silva.

Shagdogy

What's the story on Saki's knee injury? How much do we expect that to affect him?

Teem

Rountree won't grapple. It's just not what he does. Sure, he may try. And if he does it won't amount to anything. Didn't he try a guillotine on Oleksiejczuk and completely gassed himself even more? Saki has been training with Latifi and Gus so his TDD has been polished up. I highly doubt Rountree is practicing his grappling and takedowns with his brother in his backyard. He's hitting pads because striking his what he loves to do and the KO is what he is after in this fight. Not smart but he said it himself.

Hugo de Naranja

Rewatched that recently. Was Saki close to losing? He was tooling up Da Silva on the feet. He got briefly hurt, maybe?, and then came back in an exchange and landed a super clean bomb of a left hook. That wasn't an accident. He was composed in that pressure and knew the opening was coming.

The cardio thing seems misunderstood to me here. I think it's Rountree with the problem. He clearly fills up with Lactic acid and loses the vast majority of his power. In his last fight, he couldn't have KO'd anyone past halfway through round 1 because his arms were so heavy. Saki is a professional, lifelong striker. He can get winded in his lungs but still throw bombs with his fists. There's a big difference in the TYPE of tired these guys get. If Rountree doesn't land his KO within the first 2 minutes, and Saki is able to see his hands slow down, feel a punch or two and know that he has lost the power to knock him out, he will absolutely go to town. I actually like this fight more for Saki if it goes longer. I think he's the guy who will be a KO threat beyond the first 2mins.

And if Rountree decides to grapple... well, we have no clue how that will go. On the defensive he has NEVER looked like a good grappler, and there's a good chance that he gasses even faster that way and his arms get even heavier. Meanwhile, Saki actually did a decent job with his hips and digging underhooks to defend two half decent TD attempts from Da Silva.
    I don’t believe Da Silva (a better grappler that Rountree) got Rountree down at all despite a handful of reasonably good attempts.

Rich Benjamins
    Rich Benjamins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3698

I think Saki would've lost that fight because he was gassed. Da Silva would've put the pressure on in the later rounds.

Hugo de Naranja

I think Saki would've lost that fight because he was gassed. Da Silva would've put the pressure on in the later rounds.
    Well Da Silva got KTFO'd so...

Shagdogy

Can anyone please make a quality argument as to why Rountree can be trusted in rounds 2 and 3? People out here want to trust Saki less because he took a deep breath in a KO victory, and we’ve literally never seen him outside of round 1. Meanwhile Rountree we KNOW gasses hard and loses his danger after half a round.

Who started this myth that Rountree is the more dangerous later rounds fighter? Also, if you think its because he’s the more tested UFC guy, go look at how many times Saki has fought 10+ minutes as a professional. Maybe not MMA, but he has been down that road before.

123 Last