Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

I haven't looked into it closely, but is Werdum worth every penny of the -330? Seems hard to imagine he loses this one.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    WOW....Heritage will not allow parlays on UFC.....what a penetrating joke
    I'm on Heritage as well and noticed that.. Some books just don't allow it with MMA just like alot of books don't offer props either.. Jump books Paper, as it never hurts to have a few books to play on rather then just one...

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

They always have though.....and their props BLOW....yeah I'm on 5D as well...just less of a balance....might make the full move over...
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I'm on Heritage as well and noticed that.. Some books just don't allow it with MMA just like alot of books don't offer props either.. Jump books Paper, as it never hurts to have a few books to play on rather then just one...

PaperTrail07

Also-Don't forget the $250 get out at half promotion.....Took the +2 myself....anything less than up 10 I'm off it LOL

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    They always have though.....and their props BLOW....yeah I'm on 5D as well...just less of a balance....might make the full move over...
    Bovada even though it doesn't get the best wrap all the time has the basic MMA props and always allows parlays.. Good sign up bonuses as well on Bovada.. I've been with Bovada for years and never had a problem.. Easy funding also..

You can find maybe a couple prop Lines with each event that are sometimes much better then the Dimes prop odds. Last event for example there was a ITD prop for +350 on dimes and the same prop on Bovada was +650..

PaperTrail07

totally agree.....when they started taking BTC I fired in a deposit -Def a book for the DOGS and square #'s I cant hate on them either
    Bovada even though it doesn't get the best wrap all the time has the basic MMA props and always allows parlays.. Good sign up bonuses as well on Bovada.. I've been with Bovada for years and never had a problem.. Easy funding also..

You can find maybe a couple prop Lines with each event that are sometimes much better then the Dimes prop odds. Last event for example there was a ITD prop for +350 on dimes and the same prop on Bovada was +650..

Shagdogy

Brown vs Camacho:

Camacho holds advantages in many key areas: Chin, power, reach, age, and ability to dictate where the fight takes place.

He fought a nice fight on very late notice at 170lbs against Jingliang and IMO would've put a lightweight away with many of those right hands that he landed. He also showed very solid TDD even as the fight got later and he was gassed.

The only concern id have here is if he will be quick enough at 155 but it's not like Brown is known for lightning speed. Seems like they will exchange pretty evenly but you've got Camacho on one side who zombie walked through Jingliang's strikes at 170, and Brown on the other side who was one punch KO'd by Pinchel and dropped by Tuck in round 1 before that.

Anyone else have insight here?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Brown vs Camacho:

Camacho holds advantages in many key areas: Chin, power, reach, age, and ability to dictate where the fight takes place.

He fought a nice fight on very late notice at 170lbs against Jingliang and IMO would've put a lightweight away with many of those right hands that he landed. He also showed very solid TDD even as the fight got later and he was gassed.

The only concern id have here is if he will be quick enough at 155 but it's not like Brown is known for lightning speed. Seems like they will exchange pretty evenly but you've got Camacho on one side who zombie walked through Jingliang's strikes at 170, and Brown on the other side who was one punch KO'd by Pinchel and dropped by Tuck in round 1 before that.

Here is the short write up.. I'm thinking Camacho by KO hedged with Brown by sub maybe? Still capping it myself...

155 lbs.: Damien Brown vs. Frank Camacho
    Damien Brown (17-10) rebounded from a rough debut against Alan Patrick to annihilate Cesar Arzamendia and out-duel Jon Tuck, beating the latter in his native Australia. “Beatdown” hopped over to New Zealand for his next appearance, which saw him walk headlong into a knockout blow from the returning Vinc Pichel.
    Though taller than Frank Camacho (20-5) by an inch, he will give up five inches of arm reach.
    Following an unsuccessful bid on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 16, Camacho returned to the Pacific scene and put together a solid 8-2 run, winning the PXC Lightweight title along the way. Less than one month after the eighth victory, he made his short-notice UFC debut and put on a “Fight of the Night” brawl with Li Jingliang.
    Fifteen of his 18 stoppage wins have come by form of knockout.
    Brown is tough, gritty and determined, but so is Camacho, and “The Crank” has superior power and a strong grappling game to back it up. It’s also worth noting that Camacho, though he has been stopped with strikes before, took everything a legitimately devastating puncher in Li could dish out without going down.
    It’s not a great sign for Brown, who’s going to struggle to out-scrap Camacho and appears outgunned in most areas of the game. We should get a few minutes of fun back-and-forth action before Camacho finds his chin and racks up (technical) knockout No. 16.

FS1

Damien
    Brown
    "Beatdown"
    vs
    Frank
    Camacho
    "The Crank"

AUSTRAILIA
    Country
    GUAM

17-10-0
    Record
    20-5-0

18%
    KO/TKO
    75%

47%
    SUB
    15%

35%
    DEC
    10%

70 in
    Height
    69 in

155 lbs
    Weight
    155 lbs

68 in
    Reach
    73 in

42 in
    Leg Reach
    38 in

PaperTrail07

Cant believe Tumenov is not with UFC anymore....lost to two good takedown artists...

KingHawkins
    KingHawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21284

Weigh-Ins in half an hour. I intend to fire on Camacho but need to see these guys first.

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by KingHawkins View Post
    Weigh-Ins in half an hour. I intend to fire on Camacho but need to see these guys first.
    He's a natural 155er and was fighting up at 170, so I have hope that he looks good, has better cardio for this fight, and his chin and power translate nicely.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

This is the crappiest co-main event ever.. anyone else? What's yours? Also got Werdum by flying side kick.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave UncleChael 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    This is the crappiest co-main event ever.. anyone else? What's yours? Also got Werdum by flying side kick.
    Agreed Unc!!!! Co Main should be the Tim Means or even Jake Mathews fights... These 2 chicks that are basically middle of the road UFC fighters with just average records should probably be on the early prelims and not the co main....

I don't get this at all other then they are both Australian and this event is being held in Australia.?

FS1 Main Card

Bec
    Rawlings
    "Rowdy"
    vs
    Jessica-Rose
    Clark

AUSTRALIA
    Country
    AUSTRALIA

7-6-0
    Record
    7-4-0, 1NC

14%
    KO/TKO
    29%

57%
    SUB
    29%

29%
    DEC
    43%

66 in
    Height
    64 in

125 lbs
    Weight
    125 lbs

64 in
    Reach
    65 in

38 in
    Leg Reach
    0 in

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Be honest Jibby, they shouldn't be in the UFC really. Long ways away from contending

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Be honest Jibby, they shouldn't be in the UFC really. Long ways away from contending
    They both barely have winning records so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.. That's why I said early prelims

TPowell

Wow 4 fighters miss weight. Most of them by 4+ pounds. Crazy
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave TPowell 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Shagdogy

Damn. Camacho, Rawlings, Rose-Clark, and Benoit. Wtf?

Benoit actually looked kind of small next to Mokhtarian. Hope he's got the energy to grind. That's about the only think Mokhtarian can do.

Camacho had good size next to Brown but he looked a little worn out by that cut. Hmmmmm.

TPowell

Rawlings made weight. The kassem girl missed

Back to the drawing board. Planned on playing Benoit ITD.

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Rawlings made weight. The kassem girl missed

Back to the drawing board. Planned on playing Benoit ITD.
    Whoops. Donno why I said Rawlings.

I'm already on Benoit ml and just waiting for the TKO prop. He didn't look in bad shape or particularly drained. I don't know. You guys think this is reason to be scared?

TPowell

I'm already on Benoit ml and just waiting for the TKO prop. He didn't look in bad shape or particularly drained. I don't know. You guys think this is reason to be scared?
    I can't figure out how he could miss 125 that badly. like 189 at 185 isn't too bad but % wise that is a lot at the lower weight classes. He didn't look bad I don't guess but could have been sick/hurt during camp and not able to go like normal.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Part of it is the weigh-in system they got in Australia. The fighters weigh in based on bout order. Then they have 2 hours to finish cutting weight if they miss the first time. Looks like a lot of them just said forget it and decided not to try finishing the cut.

I don't think Benoit has missed before so definitely a bit odd.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave turbozed 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    Part of it is the weigh-in system they got in Australia. The fighters weigh in based on bout order. Then they have 2 hours to finish cutting weight if they miss the first time. Looks like a lot of them just said forget it and decided not to try finishing the cut.

I don't think Benoit has missed before so definitely a bit odd.
    Clark was very predictable and Kassem was a question mark but Benoit is a head scratcher.

turbozed

Brown vs Camacho:

I hit Camacho at the opener but after watching tape, not so confident there was value there. This fight seems like a coinflip to me. I was surprised that the over/under was set at 2.5 rounds and not 1.5. Both guys have power and neither guy backs down from an exchange so I think the under might be a better play. Camacho may get the knock out early, but if he fades, then Matthews is gritty enough to get a finish in the 2nd or 3rd.

turbozed

^ BTW, I think laying - odds for unders in MMA is generally a losing strategy but I like this bet better than Camacho ML.

I ended up buying out of the Camacho ML and switching to the U2.5 Rds for a few bucks more (already had half a unit on the under at -140 but took some more at -152).
    Last edited by turbozed; 11-17-17 at 09:13 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave turbozed 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Damn. Camacho, Rawlings, Rose-Clark, and Benoit. Wtf?

Benoit actually looked kind of small next to Mokhtarian. Hope he's got the energy to grind. That's about the only think Mokhtarian can do.

Camacho had good size next to Brown but he looked a little worn out by that cut. Hmmmmm.
    Travel must really affect fighters' weight cutting practices.

Hugo de Naranja

I don't think so. My boy John Lineker always misses weight and knocks people out anyways.

Hugo de Naranja

I hit Camacho at the opener but after watching tape, not so confident there was value there. This fight seems like a coinflip to me. I was surprised that the over/under was set at 2.5 rounds and not 1.5. Both guys have power and neither guy backs down from an exchange so I think the under might be a better play. Camacho may get the knock out early, but if he fades, then Matthews is gritty enough to get a finish in the 2nd or 3rd.
    Did you mean Brown?

turbozed

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Did you mean Brown?
    Lol yeah I always get names mixed up.

Hugo de Naranja

Does anyone want to put some BPs up on the Theodorou/Kelly fight. Fire perhaps?
    Any takers?

TPowell

I don't think so. My boy John Lineker always misses weight and knocks people out anyways.
    That's the worry though. This miss came out of nowhere it seemed.

turbozed

Any takers?
    My irrational disdain for Theodorou prevents me from betting on any of his fights recently because I don't want to go and watch tape of him.
    Last edited by turbozed; 11-17-17 at 10:13 PM.

Hugo de Naranja

My irrational disdain for Theodorou prevents me from betting on any of his fights recently because I don't want to go and watch tape of him.
    Yeah Theo is a bitchh

TPowell

Starting to come around on Matthews I think. Bojan is tough as nails and throws a solid leg kick but his wrestling is very subpar. In a nutshell, he's a tough guy who gets by on his heart and physicals instead of his skillset. When I first read Jake Matthews was coming off dual hip surgery since his last fight, I thought about fading here but then something else happened. Reading interviews, he said he had never been a flexible guy and the grappling on the mat always killed him. He fratured his right hip in that Kevin Lee fight in July and then fought Holbrook in November (more than likely because it was in Australia). He then had surgery on that right hip in December and then the left side in February. He talks about always feeling like something was restricting him from stretching (hip wise) and then he learned after the Lee fight that the cartilage was gone so it was bone on bone limiting his flexibility. I'm getting ready to watch this Holbrook fight again but I'm really coming around to the fact that Matthews was nowhere near 100% in that fight with Holbrook. When you look at his other fights, he beats lower tier guys (usually gets the finish) but falls short against contenders (Vick and Lee). Not a problem here though. Bojan will NEVER be a top 10 fighter at WW or anywhere else. I was thinking about passing at first, then the over, now I'm thinking Matthews -135 is fine. Bojan's only shot here is the crazy sub or decision and I don't think Aussie's let Jake lose 3 straight and possibly his UFC spot.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing/...3dfdf71bb9a5b7

TPowell

This will be Jake's first fight in the UFC at 170 but looking at him in weigh-ins, he looks to be the bigger guy between himself and Bojan. At his age, Matthews was always going to have to go up a division eventually. He is incredibly thick at 5'9 and very powerful. He struggled with Holbrook's physicality in his last fight but I think him not being 100% had a lot to do with that, as well as Holbrook being a big LW that is a solid grinder. With Bojan, he doesn't have much to offer wrestling wise. He doesn't defend take-downs well at all and his TD's are pretty easily stopped. I also don't think the UFC sends anyone over to Australia that they think has a good chance at delivering Jake's 3rd loss in a row. The guy is still a big draw for Australia cards and 3 straight losses is close to the hammer. When you look at Jake's losses outside of Holbrook, it was to Lee who big brothered him in the wrestling/strength department and to Vick who he lit up on the feet for a few minutes before eating some shots in the clinch and getting guillotined by the super long Vick. None of these are ways that Bojan can beat him though IMO. I think people will be surprised with the striking as well. His striking really hasn't cost him any fights in the UFC despite being better known for his wrestling.

TPowell

Last thing I'll post on this fight. I see Mike leans toward Bojan and has a unit on this fight going the distance which I can see for sure. Matthews DOES try to out-physical guys on the ground a little too much but he's still a brown belt in BJJ (probably not in great gyms) but he has decent technique. I think Bojan will flick out some of those powerless kicks and then try to grind against the cage and overpower Matthews. The issue is that I believe Matthews could get the better of these striking exchanges and going up to 170 pounds helps an already good gas tank that Matthews has. Bojan is solid in his own right but in a fight going 3 rounds, I'll take the better conditioned guy and the guy with the better wrestling and more than likely striking even if he may be the weaker guy (which I doubt looking at the weigh-ins). My only concern is if Bojan DOES stuff the takedowns, he may be able to edge Matthews on the scorecards but this price is way too low and completely based around a couple bad performances in a row on paper (picked apart and finished by Lee and then the real stinker vs Holbrook).

First 1234567 ... Last