TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Wow, after another capping session for this card it is just starting to kick in. Can anyone think of a better card EVER?

1. Maybe the best P4P fighter ever against a guy who has truly one of a kind in Conor
    2. A middleweight title fight with 2 amazingly talented guys
    3. A title eliminator at Middleweight with 2 guys that both deserve title shots and are the clear cut top 2 guys after the guys in the title fight
    4. A matchup of 2 of the best BJJ practitioners at any weight class in the UFC (both top 15 guys)
    5. A top 10 matchup at FW with a guy who I think will be champion one day
    6. One of the best fighters to ever fight at the lower weight divisions in MMA fighting a top 15 guy
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07, and Fidel_CashFlow

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

Best card this year for sure Tmoney..

I'm still capping all the prelims myself on every event, almost finished.. Slow to comment on the threads, that's the reason why.. I should finish up in the next few days.. Lot's of fights to cap, figure out the props, O/U's, etc..

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Aldo/McGregor, Maia/Nelson lines both look like they are about to flip, Souza/Romero Weidman/Rockhold odds are also tightening up. Crazy that all these fights mightl be close to pick ems come fight time

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Looks like it's trending that way. 4 of 5 main cards will be nearly even, so it's good to just pick the winner without all the heavy juice.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    Aldo/McGregor, Maia/Nelson lines both look like they are about to flip, Souza/Romero Weidman/Rockhold odds are also tightening up. Crazy that all these fights mightl be close to pick ems come fight time
    yep, UFC 200 will have a tough time duplicating this card. That's for sure

TPowell

Some good parlay material in prelims with Magomed, Court, and Kevin Lee. I took a shot on Heathen by TKO at like +850 or so, but I've got Holloway in a small parlay. I've got plays in on Weidman and Maia on the main card, but that is about it. Oh yeah, I've got Uriah by SUB at like +250 or so as well

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    13-18 takedowns in UFC career. 5 came against Zombie and 5 against Mark Hominick who was out of the UFC in like 3 more fights
    kz and zombie are both very legit, his other takedowns came against one mike brown. and the absolute beating hominick took at the hands of aldo was the worst of his career by far, conor showed an almost non existant takedown defence against mendes, and his inability to really do anything off of his back except clamp his legs together and try to play closed guard? and you think aldo isn't gonna try to exploit that?

aldo has a complete game in all aspects, and is arguably the best guardpasser in mma, to go with being the best defensive striker in mma. conor however is not complete in all aspects, he's a world class striker, but barely mediocer as a overall grappler.

plekz

It was well known before that McGregor's knee was hanging on by a thread. The stuff about him not sparring in wrestling before that fight was no joke. Conor will be the bigger, stronger fighter in this fight as well. I doubt Aldo bullies him to the ground like the above gif. There's a reason Conor is the favorite here

bullied?! really now son, that takedown above requires very little if any energy usage on aldo's part as he simply used kz's forward momentum against him to get inside on a very easy trip takedown.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Yeah not bad...the lack of College Football will kill me but I just need 1 good week of NFL....then I will hit 4-5 0r 5-0 bowl games and take it down!...Ohio State -6.5 is free money.........Utah -2.5........Bowling Green .....Cincy -2 .....
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^^ Stay on the gas pedal Paper.. I mentioned your 10 win streak on the other event thread as I was just looking over the BTP contest this morning and noticed your name and win streak.. I was like damn, Paper has a little juice in football..

Not everyone can nail down a 10 pick win streak in a contest.. Good work Paper as that's saying something... Respk..

23rd place pays out $325 cash.. That's respectable too..
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave PaperTrail07 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post

bullied?! really now son, that takedown above requires very little if any energy usage on aldo's part as he simply used kz's forward momentum against him to get inside on a very easy trip takedown.

Cool story bro, back in mid 2013 he had a nice takedown against a dumb fighter like KZ

plekz

Cool story bro, back in mid 2013 he had a nice takedown against a dumb fighter like KZ
    what's a intelligent fighter then? someone who manages to rip his own knee into pieces trying to pass a guard from top because he can't tell his left from his right? is that the measuring stick we using for intelligence here?

or is it someone who constantly overextends his reach by throwing across?

i mean you tell me, since you are trying to come off as knowledgable (hint: you ain't)

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    what's a intelligent fighter then? someone who manages to rip his own knee into pieces trying to pass a guard from top because he can't tell his left from his right? is that the measuring stick we using for intelligence here?

or is it someone who constantly overextends his reach by throwing across?

i mean you tell me, since you are trying to come off as knowledgable (hint: you ain't)
    KZ is a dumb fighter. I'm not sure how that is arguable. (hint: I'm sure you'll let me know)

plekz

KZ is a dumb fighter. I'm not sure how that is arguable. (hint: I'm sure you'll let me know)
    he grew a long way between his starting stint in wec to the end of his ufc tenure, and i wouldn't liken ''dumb'' to aggression which is the word i'd use to describe kz, he's extremely aggressive, and so is mcgregor, mcgregor is dare i say if possible even more aggressive then kz.

which is why his defensive numbers have gone down for every fight he's had since coming back from his knee injury against max holloway. and if he thinks he can fight aldo like that, he's gonna get himself into trouble as aldo is probably the finest counterpuncher in the ufc and he's faster then mcgregor.
    Points Awarded:

Unwritten Law gave plekz 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

rpesi9955
    rpesi9955's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1441

Aldo takes this one.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Found this to be a fun fact since both of these guys are fighting on this same card...

Damian Maia vs Jacare Souza in a Jits match.. Guess who won?

http://www.bjjee.com/articles/demian...d-no-strategy/

Unwritten Law

On the fence with Souza/Romero. I initially liked Souza but may just actually sit back and anticipate a good fight in this one before the co-main event. Romero can take punishment and can easily throw a wild left to swing back the momentum....maybe wait until weigh-ins before making this play. So far only locked in Aldo @+120.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

can anyone name a better overall card ?
    I cant freaking wait for this Saturday

plekz

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    On the fence with Souza/Romero. I initially liked Souza but may just actually sit back and anticipate a good fight in this one before the co-main event. Romero can take punishment and can easily throw a wild left to swing back the momentum....maybe wait until weigh-ins before making this play. So far only locked in Aldo @+120.
    take the over in souza v romero, i think both of them are extremely aware of what the other brings to the table, and that we will see a very cagey and careful approach from both of them because of it, both of them packs enough power to ko the other guy with one shot, and both of them are athletic specimens (but in different ways) and i'd give jacare a clear edge if he gets romero down.

PaperTrail07

Go With Souza----Skills >Size...

TPowell

Interesting that 3/4 of the coaches/trainers that ESPN interviewed, 3 thought Conor would win the fight. Hardly any of the fighters thought Conor would win though. I really don't think Jose Aldo knows what's ahead of him Saturday. Conor is unlike any other fighter in the UFC on the feet and may be the best striker to ever fight at the lower weights in MMA if you factor in his power. Aldo is too used to fighting stiffs that wrestle box for the most part. Sure he beat KZ but he's no Conor. I think a lot of this fight will depend on how willing Aldo is to take Conor down. I just can't see Aldo having much success on the feet unless Conor gets abused by the leg kicks

PaperTrail07

Man IMO....Conor's ground game was EXPOSED....he almost didnt try to get up....it was pathetic honestly....aldo is no chump and will expolit the hole in his game...one way or another conor will end up going to the ground and getting beat...
    Interesting that 3/4 of the coaches/trainers that ESPN interviewed, 3 thought Conor would win the fight. Hardly any of the fighters thought Conor would win though. I really don't think Jose Aldo knows what's ahead of him Saturday. Conor is unlike any other fighter in the UFC on the feet and may be the best striker to ever fight at the lower weights in MMA if you factor in his power. Aldo is too used to fighting stiffs that wrestle box for the most part. Sure he beat KZ but he's no Conor. I think a lot of this fight will depend on how willing Aldo is to take Conor down. I just can't see Aldo having much success on the feet unless Conor gets abused by the leg kicks

Unwritten Law

If fight were today, I'd go with Souza. Kennedy did have Romero out in that controversial fight. I'm sure Timmy is looking forward to seeing Romero get laid out in this one.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Romero does have the better chin of the 2 if I had to guess, but Souza is more skilled and well rounded for sure. Souza is better on the ground and probably a better technical striker.. Both athletic freaks..

PaperTrail07

What did we learn from the womens fight last night..? Take the more skilled individual.....SOUZA.....very simple/
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Romero does have the better chin of the 2 if I had to guess, but Souza is more skilled and well rounded for sure. Souza is better on the ground and probably a better technical striker.. Both athletic freaks..

THE_LOCKSMITH

weigh ins underway...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

weigh ins underway...
    Yep tuning in now...

THE_LOCKSMITH

could they find a fatter guy to replace Burt Watson

THE_LOCKSMITH

Wow look at McGregors eyes, drawn out again...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

could they find a fatter guy to replace Burt Watson
    lol.. True....

Luke looks jacked.. Aldo ripped as always... Dana White in between these 2 animals lol... They almost threw down right there, all made weight..... It's on and popping!!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I got a funny feeling Aldo will indeed try to get this fight to the ground..His Jits is world class but we don't see it in MMA fights often because he's usually dominating the stand up..

Don't be shocked if we see a submission win from Aldo.. That's the one area where Aldo should be much better then McGregor...

1035 Aldo wins by submission +518

Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-11-15 at 05:57 PM.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Aldo now the fav at 5Dimes and Pinny

Becel
    Becel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

Man, what a weekend. I literally haven't been this excited since the old Pride days and 16 man tournaments. So many great fights. Super pumped to hopefully to see Connor learn some humility. I will be betting Aldo, man he looks prime here. Hopefully he will execute a real game plan and leg kick Connors karate stance into oblivion.

TPowell

Wow look at McGregors eyes, drawn out again...
    guy is always a walking skeleton at weigh ins though

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Conor looked rough at the weigh-ins. Then again he always does.

Aldo wins with leg kicks.
    Last edited by Kermit; 12-11-15 at 09:28 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Pending 12/12/15 11:59pm MMA Props Fighting 1035 Aldo wins by submission +635* vs Any other result
    Odds went up for this prop.. Had to nail it down..

First 1234567 ... Last