THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC Fight Night: Te Huna vs. Marquardt (June 28, 2014)

UFC Fight Pass, 5 a.m. ET
    Nate Marquardt vs. James Te Huna
    Soa Palelei vs. Jared Rosholt
    Hatsu Hioki vs. Charles Oliveira
    Robert Whittaker vs. Mike Rhodes

UFC Fight Pass, 2:30 a.m. ET
    Dashon Johnson vs. Jake Matthews
    Roldan Sangcha-an vs. Richie Vaculik
    Vik Grujic vs. Chris Indich
    Claudio Henrique da Silva vs. Neil Magny
    Ian Entwistle vs. Daniel Hooker
    Sean O'Connell vs. Gian Villante

GR33D
    GR33D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4086

hope my boy soa can continue his winning streak, nandos is on me if he wins. te huna got no chance. glass jaw galore

latarianmilton
    latarianmilton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3660

is te huna gonna be -400 by friday?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

love these odds

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

anybody else on marquardt???

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

quick glance at those odds, think im liking 3 dogs and 1 favorite on that card so far

Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

How much difference do you think soa's extra 25-30 pounds are gonna make? Presumably wrsetling is worse and less technical but I find it hard to believe that even a high level wrestler can stop that lumbering behemoth from rolling over him like last night's date night

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

double header on my wedding day. aint that a bitch.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

So this is the next UFC event?.. 12 days away.. Geeeezzzz....

If I start posting on the fights this early in the game I may forget who I picked come fight time.. LOL..

Got believe Nate "the great" is gonna find away to beat Te Huna in this main event.. Nate does have to watch out for the power of Te Huna as we've seen Nate fold like a cheap suit from power punchers in the past.. Still, Nate has the all around skill set advantage going into this one for sure....

Probably be foolish to bet against Nate in this match up..

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Te huna has been motivated in this camp tho.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Smart money is on marquarts chin IMO, is def a glass chin or pass situation..

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Te Huna is the more effective striker. However, If Marquardt can get at least one take down per round then he will win. Too many unknowns when it comes to Te Huna at 185. This is a dog or pass situation unless Te Huna get's down to -175 or better.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbo86 View Post
    How much difference do you think soa's extra 25-30 pounds are gonna make? Presumably wrsetling is worse and less technical but I find it hard to believe that even a high level wrestler can stop that lumbering behemoth from rolling over him like last night's date night
    Coming from anyone else, I would assume they were merely jesting. Coming from you though, I understand this as another one of your brain farts. This is a no brainer iron geek. Rosholt via Decision. Tail or fail.

Wilbo86

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    double header on my wedding day. aint that a bitch.
    Grats. Either way you still get to pick a winner!

Cwatididthere?

Wilbo86

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Coming from anyone else, I would assume they were merely jesting. Coming from you though, I understand this as another one of your brain farts. This is a no brainer iron geek. Rosholt via Decision. Tail or fail.
    Like a moth to a chalky flame...

Again, adding nothing but an arrogant and condescending statement with no justification/insight to what was a genuine question about the matchup. But yeah you're right, I'm the asshole.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Again, adding nothing but an arrogant and condescending statement with no justification/insight to what was a genuine question about the matchup. But yeah you're right, I'm the asshole.
    See, I like to do this, but Wilbo's right in the sense that you have to post some analysis every now and again before you can be a c-nt. With the shit I get for my losing plays, I've earned a lifetime pass to be a c-nt brahs. I'm being a c-nt right now, and none of you can stop me.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    So this is the next UFC event?.. 12 days away.. Geeeezzzz....

If I start posting on the fights this early in the game I may forget who I picked come fight time.. LOL..
    C
    Got believe Nate "the great" is gonna find away to beat Te Huna in this main event.. Nate does have to watch out for the power of Te Huna as we've seen Nate fold like a cheap suit from power punchers in the past.. Still, Nate has the all around skill set advantage going into this one for sure....

Probably be foolish to bet against Nate in this match up..
    I agree with u. Nate is the better fighter. Te huna has power in his hands though. I would take nate as a dog.

Ron_Paul_2012

Like a moth to a chalky flame...

Are you f-cking kidding me?! No you're not. OK then. You want insight on why Rosholt will beat Palelei?!! Because Palelei's entire f-cking game is ground & pound!!! Take a guess as to whom is the better wrestler!!!! Hmm?? I wonder who it could be??? Rosholt is a a three-time All-American and finished his collegiate career with an overall record of 125-27. That record qualified him as the winningest Heavyweight in the history of the Oklahoma State wrestling program. His 125 wins also qualify as the fifth-most victories by a wrestler in any weight class in Oklahoma State history.Rosholt finished fourth in his division at the 2008 NCAA wrestling championships,third in 2009, and second in 2010. Next time don't be so f-cking lazy!!!!! Do your f-cking homework before you ask an honest question!!!!!! A lot of the guys on this board spend a sh!t ton of hours doing research for upcoming events. When their plays cash it's NOT because they flipped a f-cking coin!!!!!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MMA JAY, and GunShard

Ron_Paul_2012

Are you f-cking kidding me?! No you're not. OK then. You want insight on why Rosholt will beat Palelei?!! Because Palelei's entire f-cking game is ground & pound!!! Take a guess as to whom is the better wrestler!!!! Hmm?? I wonder who it could be??? Rosholt is a a three-time All-American and finished his collegiate career with an overall record of 125-27. That record qualified him as the winningest Heavyweight in the history of the Oklahoma State wrestling program. His 125 wins also qualify as the fifth-most victories by a wrestler in any weight class in Oklahoma State history.Rosholt finished fourth in his division at the 2008 NCAA wrestling championships,third in 2009, and second in 2010. Next time don't be so f-cking lazy!!!!! Do your f-cking homework before you ask an honest question!!!!!! A lot of the guys on this board spend a sh!t ton of hours doing research for upcoming events. When their plays cash it's NOT because they flipped a f-cking coin!!!!!!
    P.S. Yes. You are an asshole! For being a mother f-cking ungrateful parasite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wilbo86

You're an unbelievable jack ass. I alread clearly acknowledged Rosholt as the better wrestler in my original post. Sorry, did I not use enough superlatives or paste enough info directly from Wikipedia. The question of a 30 pound weight discrepancy is a legitimate one.

Thanks for the info and the "sh!t tone of work" copying and pasting directly from Wikipedia. Best wikkicapper of all time.

Wilbo86

At first I thought you're weren't trying to hide the fact that its straight from Wikipedia by leaving the hyperlink in there but then you edited out the footnotes and blended it into your rant. Top work.

From Wikipedia:

"Rosholt continued wrestling at Oklahoma State University, following in the footsteps of his older brother, Jake, a three-time National Champion for the Cowboys. Jared Rosholt went on to be a three-time All-American and finished his collegiate career with an overall record of 125-27. That record qualified him as the winningest Heavyweight in the history of the Oklahoma State wrestling program. His 125 wins also qualify as the fifth-most victories by a wrestler in any weight class in Oklahoma State history.[1] Rosholt finished fourth in his division at the 2008 NCAA wrestling championships,[2] third in 2009,[3] and second in 2010.[4]"

MD

Not taking sides here (love you Ron <3), but it's a bit embarrassing that you told him not to be lazy, and then the wiki text formatting carried over into your post when you were "educating" him.

MD

At first I thought you're weren't trying to hide the fact that its straight from Wikipedia by leaving the hyperlink in there but then you edited out the footnotes and blended it into your rant. Top work.

From Wikipedia:

"Rosholt continued wrestling at Oklahoma State University, following in the footsteps of his older brother, Jake, a three-time National Champion for the Cowboys. Jared Rosholt went on to be a three-time All-American and finished his collegiate career with an overall record of 125-27. That record qualified him as the winningest Heavyweight in the history of the Oklahoma State wrestling program. His 125 wins also qualify as the fifth-most victories by a wrestler in any weight class in Oklahoma State history.[1] Rosholt finished fourth in his division at the 2008 NCAA wrestling championships,[2] third in 2009,[3] and second in 2010.[4]"
    Dammit, I'm 20mins late. I had this thread open in a tab for a while.

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

^^Jared Rosholt vs Soa..... Tricky fight to call, sure Jared is a stand out wrestler but he's slow and has very little stand up game.. Easy target... You hit the dude in the face hard enough and you can tell he doesn't want to be there.. Jared does have the wrestling over SOA though like Ronster said even if he did get his post word for word from WIKI...lol

http://www.ufc.com/event/ufn-auckland-nz#/fight

Soa has what 24 pro fights? Only 3 loses.. Is a big strong dude and can weigh up with Jared early on.. Maybe defend a few takedowns perhaps.. Also safe to say Soa can possibly drop Jared standing if he actually can defend the take downs and connect early on..

As a betting man - I'd have to put the chips down on the wrestler in Jared still.. I'd be guessing though and rolling the dice a bit with this bet...

Meee tinks - Jared gets the double leg take down early on and avoids the Soa's bombs, then lays on top of Soa till both are totally gassed out.. Winning the rounds in the mean time. Jared stays on top position has a little more in the gas tank then Soa and eventually pounds him out late in the fight. In the end the ref probably has mercy and stops the fight late as Jared is breathing hard but still pounding away...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-17-14 at 12:34 AM.

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

The over at +120 is a better play than Rosholt -150 IMO.

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Agreed. That's what I played on this one.

Wilbo86

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Yeah second that as well.

GR33D
    GR33D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4086

dont sleep on soa. while he may be out wrestled, he is a great striker, has great power and a concrete chin. his BJJ is also far superior to roscholts, i wouldnt be suprised to see a submission. only chance roscholt has of beating soa is to hold him down 3 rounds, soa is the more complete fighter.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^^Jared Rosholt vs Soa..... Tricky fight to call, sure Jared is a stand out wrestler but he's slow and has very little stand up game.. Easy target... You hit the dude in the face hard enough and you can tell he doesn't want to be there.. Jared does have the wrestling over SOA though like Ronster said even if he did get his post word for word from WIKI...lol

http://www.ufc.com/event/ufn-auckland-nz#/fight

Soa has what 24 pro fights? Only 3 loses.. Is a big strong dude and can weigh up with Jared early on.. Maybe defend a few takedowns perhaps.. Also safe to say Soa can possibly drop Jared standing if he actually can defend the take downs and connect early on..

As a betting man - I'd have to put the chips down on the wrestler in Jared still.. I'd be guessing though and rolling the dice a bit with this bet...

Meee tinks - Jared gets the double leg take down early on and avoids the Soa's bombs, then lays on top of Soa till both are totally gassed out.. Winning the rounds in the mean time. Jared stays on top position has a little more in the gas tank then Soa and eventually pounds him out late in the fight. In the end the ref probably has mercy and stops the fight late as Jared is breathing hard but still pounding away...
    Maybe you should watch his UFC debut before saying something so unbelievably ignorant. Do you think the same about Chris Leben?
    Rosholt walks through punches. Soa can definitely KO him, but he's no quitter.

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps
    Keyboard Warrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 743

It is not Iron Geek Ron. It's William Andrews from Australia. He is a douche bag strangely obsessed with this forum. I would dox him more but he is low priority for me. Another privileged white guy who is 28 years old blowing his money. He obsesses about me "knows me."

Wilbo86

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
    It is not Iron Geek Ron. It's William Andrews from Australia. He is a douche bag strangely obsessed with this forum. I would dox him more but he is low priority for me. Another privileged white guy who is 28 years old blowing his money. He obsesses about me "knows me."
    Dude one account from mid last year. How many accounts you up to know? Your the one that keeps crawling back.

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps

You want to start something with me? Just say the word. I will finish it.

Wilbo86

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
    You want to start something with me? Just say the word. I will finish it.
    Honestly, not really. I've over personal feuds. Also, I'm terrified.

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps

I have no problem with you. But you seem to pop up everywhere throwing snide comments my way. You started judging me and my posting. So either you're a ghost from a long time ago or some post quality God. My posts might be low quality, but that is just because i am lazy. I have posted about fights and bets long ago and did reasonably well. If you want to judge others you might as well start a thread with fight picks and breakdowns so we can judge you and how well you can gamble.

1234 ... Last