Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
    I have no problem with you. But you seem to pop up everywhere throwing snide comments my way. You started judging me and my posting. So either you're a ghost from a long time ago or some post quality God. My posts might be low quality, but that is just because i am lazy. I have posted about fights and bets long ago and did reasonably well. If you want to judge others you might as well start a thread with fight picks and breakdowns so we can judge you and how well you can gamble.
    If I recall correctly that was shortly after I joined the forum. All I'll say is I was probably too critical and willing to engage in pointless arguments, and also wasnt accustomed to the general tone and subcontext in some of the discussions.

I will probably never start a picks thread and there's a few reasons. Firstly I'm happy with what I can achieve in sports betting and I don't feel any need to explicitly prove that to anyone. I don't really understand those who do. Secondly its a lot of work to document properly and has far more downsides than upsides. Lastly, I judge people more on the basis of their demeanor and mental approach to gambling rather than how many winnerz they can pick. I come here for the discussion and to pick up points of view that maybe i hadnt considered or was unware of. I'll make picks on my own, I put much more weight in healthy discussion.

Happy to steer clear of you in the future if you are?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Maybe you should watch his UFC debut before saying something so unbelievably ignorant. Do you think the same about Chris Leben?
    Rosholt walks through punches. Soa can definitely KO him, but he's no quitter.
    I don't recall saying he was a quitter MD? Hmm?.. Where did I mention the word quitter in my above post?

I said it appears to me when he gets hit in the face he doesn't want to be there, goes right into wrestling mode typically... Doesn't get a pissed off look on his face but rather oh shiit I'm getting hit in the face look.. Jared is a tuff guy though but he is an easy target to hit if he stands and tries to box it out.. That's all I was trying to say Mr. MD....

Soa can bang and Jared Rosholt better not stand in front of him.....http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/mmajunk...medium=twitter
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-17-14 at 12:11 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    I agree with u. Nate is the better fighter. Te huna has power in his hands though. I would take nate as a dog.
    I really don't understand why Nate is considered an almost 2-1 underdog going into this fight?. I would have thought the opposite..

Te Huna is a tough guy and I understand that but we've seen him get rocked in the cage before and as far as over all MMA skill sets are concerned he's not nearly as well rounded as Nate.. Doesn't have the fight experience as Nate.. Speed advantage I think favors Nate as well in this one..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-17-14 at 12:04 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Because of size advantage, perceived home advantage, and marquardt being on three fight losing streak

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Because of size advantage, perceived home advantage, and marquardt being on three fight losing streak
    and Marquadt has no chin. He wont offensively wrestle.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Indeed

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Soa Palelei is the live dog!

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Not taking sides here (love you Ron <3), but it's a bit embarrassing that you told him not to be lazy, and then the wiki text formatting carried over into your post when you were "educating" him.
    I was speaking in general terms about his past history of fight breakdowns. And I was NOT being lazy. I was merely being efficient. I just don't recall him ever giving any good plays such as Kovalev (at a time when no one had heard of him) & Algieri (I posted the 2 videos for others to benefit from). I think it's a shame good MMA bettors like wannabet (and many others) do not post any breakdowns. I don't want to speak for him but I suspect he finally reached a point of "why bother". Even if a play does NOT cash I still give props to someone who has good intent & is trying to "raise all ships". I never expect people to automatically give. I'm NOT an altruist. So when someone does I appreciate it. If Wilbo is in fact NOT iron sheik than perhaps I was a bit hard on him. If Wilbo is in fact iron sheik than this is only the beginning!

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    I was speaking in general terms about his past history of fight breakdowns. And I was NOT being lazy. I was merely being efficient. I just don't recall him ever giving any good plays such as Kovalev (at a time when no one had heard of him) & Algieri (I posted the 2 videos for others to benefit from). I think it's a shame good MMA bettors like wannabet (and many others) do not post any breakdowns. I don't want to speak for him but I suspect he finally reached a point of "why bother". Even if a play does NOT cash I still give props to someone who has good intent & is trying to "raise all ships". I never expect people to automatically give. I'm NOT an altruist. So when someone does I appreciate it. If Wilbo is in fact NOT iron sheik than perhaps I was a bit hard on him. If Wilbo is in fact iron sheik than this is only the beginning!

I can tell you with a very high degree of certainty that Wilbo is not Iron Sheik. He's just a guy who makes a legitimate effort to contribute, and is under the impression that you do not. But hey, that's fair; a lot of the core members of this subforum only really post analysis amongst each other, I myself am pretty guilty of that. I try not to post detailed breakdowns unless I'm making a thread play, or unless I'm explicitly asked to.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I don't see a size advantage come fight time being an issue.. Also those 3 losses were to fighters more skilled then Tu Huna... One of those loses was a 5 round decision also... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Nate-Marquardt-1712

Granted Nate's chin is suspect at times but Te Huna's chin also isn't granite either.. Te Huna doesn't have the ground game that Nate has, doesn't have MT striking that Nate has either.. If Nate can protect the chin I think he wins this fight.. Last guy to KO Tyron Woodley is Nate so he can strike effectively....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-17-14 at 07:56 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    and Marquadt has no chin. He wont offensively wrestle.
    He can set up wrestling and take downs off his striking... I wouldn't rule that out if the fight extends.. Nate is well rounded..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-18-14 at 01:39 AM.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I don't see a size advantage come fight time being an issue.. Also those 3 losses were to fighters more skilled then Tu Huna... One of those loses was a 5 round decision also... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Nate-Marquardt-1712

Granted Nate's chin is suspect at times but Tu Huna's chin also isn't granite either.. Tu Huna doesn't have the ground game that Nate has, doesn't have MT striking that Nate has either.. If Nate can protect the chin I think he wins this fight..
    One jsut fought at LHW and the other fought at WW

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    One jsut fought at LHW and the other fought at WW
    I'm aware of that, still I don't see that being a problem for Nate coming up in weight 15 pounds. Or Tuna coming in as the heavier fighter at fight time..

If anything I think that will favor Nate as he won't have to cut as much weight next week, his speed should still be at an advantage against the slower Te Huna.. I like Nate coming up in weight and it's a new start for him basically which I think will make him fight with more confidence in this bout... Te Huna has lost his last 2 fights also and in bad ways.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/James-Te-Huna-9033

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Could be a terribke fight. I think Nate is shot and Te Huna wont look that good at weigh ins.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Nate is now steroid free unless he is doping this fight until it is over. A steroid abuser like Nate doesn't get better when he is off of them.

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Nate is now steroid free unless he is doping this fight until it is over. A steroid abuser like Nate doesn't get better when he is off of them.
    I think he's been off TRT for a couple years. I figure he just went back to illegal doping after that.

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Another event thread, another interpersonal feud.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    Could be a terribke fight. I think Nate is shot and Te Huna wont look that good at weigh ins.
    I think Nate will jump on his horse and try to stay out of Te Huna's range early on.. Then start to pick him apart and win rounds after the 1st if he is still standing..

That's the way I see that fight unfolding.. Could be wrong though... We see..... Nate will also come in jacked, stacked and juiced up like he's always done.. Could he fail a drug test sooner or later? Sure..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-18-14 at 01:43 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Another event thread, another interpersonal feud.
    That seems to be the on going trend recently on these event threads Skel.. I don't recall this stuff happening when first joining this forum section between these same members either.....

Really gets away from the subject material that pro gamblers and true MMA fans are chiming in for in the first place..... Good entertainment value at times but only in moderation in my opinion.......LOL...
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-18-14 at 12:52 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Charles Oliveira 17-4 vs Hatsu Hioki - Well, we all know Oliveira has been facing some of the best fighters that the UFC has to offer up recently in his weight division and he has come up short against them..

Thinking of this fight - Hatsu isn't one of the best in the UFC now and CO should win this fight hands down simply said... At -200 it's an no brainer in my opinion to ride Charles Oliveira and it's probably a good idea to jump on the odds now before they go up....

http://www.ufc.com/event/ufn-aucklan...arles-Oliveira

Not to get into this fight break down too much - let's face it though, Hatsu hasn't fought anyone yet close to the caliber of CO.. Hatsu doesn't have KO power either... The only way I can see Hatsu winning this fight is some how out boxing Oliveira and out pointing him on the judges score cards for a robbery decision.. Don't see that happening though..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-18-14 at 01:33 AM.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Andy ogle almost beat oliveira. Oliveira has horrible takedown defence. Totally unreliable guy. Defended takedowns all day against nick lentz which is impossible, but then got taken down years later against andy ogle? I mean...does that make sense? Oliveira doesnt make sense.... but suddenly this fight maybe he can defend against hioki, i just cant bet on it.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Granted Nate's chin is suspect at times but Te Huna's chin also isn't granite either.. Te Huna doesn't have the ground game that Nate has, doesn't have MT striking that Nate has either.. If Nate can protect the chin I think he wins this fight.. Last guy to KO Tyron Woodley is Nate so he can strike effectively....
    No, I agree, the value at these odds is probably with Nate, I'm just saying that those are reasons why the odds are like they are - not that I necessarily agree with them

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Charles Oliveira 17-4 vs Hatsu Hioki - Well, we all know Oliveira has been facing some of the best fighters that the UFC has to offer up recently in his weight division and he has come up short against them..

Thinking of this fight - Hatsu isn't one of the best in the UFC now and CO should win this fight hands down simply said... At -200 it's an no brainer in my opinion to ride Charles Oliveira and it's probably a good idea to jump on the odds now before they go up....

http://www.ufc.com/event/ufn-aucklan...arles-Oliveira

Not to get into this fight break down too much - let's face it though, Hatsu hasn't fought anyone yet close to the caliber of CO.. Hatsu doesn't have KO power either... The only way I can see Hatsu winning this fight is some how out boxing Oliveira and out pointing him on the judges score cards for a robbery decision.. Don't see that happening though..
    Ricardo Lamas is considerably better than Oliveira, and you think Hioki can only win by robbery decision? Do your homework dude.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

do your homework dude!

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

hatsu hasnt fought ANYONE the caliber of charles oliveira? really? idk bro...not sure what caliber you consider him but no way am i laying -200...fight is way closer than that IMO...

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Has Te Huna ever fought at 185? someone help me out, having trouble finding anything.

was his fight with Lomard at 185,catch?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Nah when lombard was properly roided up he was fightin at 205

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Ricardo Lamas is considerably better than Oliveira, and you think Hioki can only win by robbery decision? Do your homework dude.
    Did do my homework, just offering up my opinion.. Let me explain further in my reasoning.. Just going off records, fights and facts.. Simplified...

Hioki has "lost" to some guys with names recently, Guida, Lamas, ok...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Hatsu-Hioki-5466

I stand corrected in saying "that he hasn't fought anyone close to Oliveira" I should have never written that...moving on but every fight this guy has fought in recent years goes to decision, he has no knock out or finishing power, and he is simply no threat to finish fights. It's gonna come down to a points contest and I simply think Olivera has the tools to beat and out point Hioki either standing or on the ground.. Certainly like this fight to go the distance but that goes without saying..

Look who Oliveira has fought recently now.. He has fought and lost to guys like Cub Swanson, Cowboy Cerrone and Frankie Edgar..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Charles-Oliveira-30300 Hioki has lost 3 of 4 of his last fights.. Oliveira 2-3..

I can go on listing stuff that favors Oliveira in this one but don't have the time.. Training camp information too.. Oliveira should get the best of Hioki in this fight and at -200 I think it's a good bet.. Over rounds bet also is a no brainer..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-18-14 at 01:21 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Hioki has trained hard for this fight tho Jibbehhh and is due a win.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Hioki has trained hard for this fight tho Jibbehhh and is due a win.
    Getting old there V.. It was funny the 4th or 5th time you wrote this..

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm personally on Hioki at +190. Oliveira is good but flawed and there is no way he should be a 2 to 1 favorite over Hioki.

Lick496
    Lick496's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2196

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Gunn View Post
    I'm personally on Hioki at +190. Oliveira is good but flawed and there is no way he should be a 2 to 1 favorite over Hioki.

where did you find him at +190?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Hioki has been at better line than +190 on 5dimes and pinnacle

Lick496
    Lick496's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2196

that...really sucks that i missed out on that line

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Lick496 View Post
    where did you find him at +190?
    5Dimes. BestFightOdds.com shows the line movement at all the major online sportsbooks.

First 12345 ... Last