MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I had a pretty big night tonight, only pound play that lost was Nogueira +150. Oh well, Nelson R1 +350 cashes, but the limits were so low that it doesn't return very much of my stake. Happy to get a big winning night, though - pretty sure I finished down on four MMA (two UFC, two Bellator) events in a row before this. I can't keep being an asshole if I'm a fish myself.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Beneil Dariush @ -160 4.8 units to win 3 units
    Guida by decision @ +155 3 units to win 4.65 units
    Laflare by decision @ -125 4 units to win 3.2 units
    Nogueira by decision @ +465 1 unit to win 4.65 units
    Guida/Kawajiri O2.5 + Nelson/Nogueira O1.5 3 units to win 4.04 units
    Howard/Laflare O2.5 + Omielanczuk/Rosholt O1.5 2 units to win 2.07 units
    Guida/Kawajiri O2.5 + Bisping/Kennedy O4.5 3 units to win 3.95 units
    Howard @ +365 0.5 units to win 1.8 units

+0.62 units for the card.
    Nice, Bellator tonight too. I didn't see Dariush getting caught like that.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Didnt see Kawajiri/Guida winning the fotn. I think even Alers/Omer deserved it more then them.

latarianmilton
    latarianmilton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3660

Quote Originally Posted by Dwil125 View Post
    Didnt see Kawajiri/Guida winning the fotn. I think even Alers/Omer deserved it more then them.
    even nelson vs nog was more entertaining

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Id hate to see Nog get hurt long term by getting in over his head in the future...
    I agree.. I think he should hang em up.. His chin is really glass these days.. He gets rocked or knocked out in every fight these days..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I had a pretty big night tonight, only pound play that lost was Nogueira +150. Oh well, Nelson R1 +350 cashes, but the limits were so low that it doesn't return very much of my stake. Happy to get a big winning night, though - pretty sure I finished down on four MMA (two UFC, two Bellator) events in a row before this. I can't keep being an asshole if I'm a fish myself.
    Congrats MD, I got murdered in the Prelim fights, but came back strong on the main card fights.. Cleaned up finally to finish ahead on the day with the Nelson round 1 finish so I must say it's a good day after all..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Dwil125 View Post
    You just knew Clay was gonna out work Kawajiri in this fight. I thought Guida won every round.. He was the aggressor and taking the fight to Kawajiri.. Kawajiri was breathing very hard at the end of the fight and he's lucky he didn't get KO'd in round 1.. Guida landed a good shot early on...

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

penetrate that was embarrasing from Big Nog, that pathetic half jab when Nelson is in range for the overhand. Nog might as well have been walking on crutches, he looked like a 60 year old out there. Even so he fought an awful fight, should have pushed Nelson up against the cage from the get go. I dont know while people always go all dear in the headlight against Nelson, it was the same with Congo, really sad to watch.

mirinquads

At least the overs for Howard and Guida fights saved my ass.

mirinquads

Why would you box with him like that tho Nog, the only place he could hurt you, boggles the mind. He was gassed as penetrate after that last flurry too. Could barely lift his arms when he was sitting on the cage.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

If i have to watch Roy Nelson fight again give him Hunt and see if he stands with HUnt. Hunt won't get hit with that looping loooooooooooooooooooooong medium speed over hand right.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    If i have to watch Roy Nelson fight again give him Hunt and see if he stands with HUnt. Hunt won't get hit with that looping loooooooooooooooooooooong medium speed over hand right.
    That would be a good fight with Mark Hunt, very similar fighters actually with good chins....

If Roy could ever stop eating and lose the weight and drop a division I'd love to see him fight Dan Henderson too.. Bombs away with the right hands and may the best chin win...

Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

Weird night for me overall, had plays on Bedford, kawajiri, duranish/Nijem Under 1.5 and ITD, and Nelson/nog Under 1.5.

So far my book cashed the Bedford bet (?), refunded the main event play (it was a fairly obvious line error, but i hit it late and hard, as they say in rugby) and hasn't paid the Nijem under 1.5 bet yet, potentially with recourse to refund. Nothing sinister, just seems to be incompetence at this point. I'll be putting a complaint in if they refund the Nijem bet though.

Havent look at the fine print, what's the general course for a NC?

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Big Nog was already out on his feet before the big KO

he doesn't have the reflexes to keep fighting now days

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbo86 View Post
    Weird night for me overall, had plays on Bedford, kawajiri, duranish/Nijem Under 1.5 and ITD, and Nelson/nog Under 1.5.

So far my book cashed the Bedford bet (?), refunded the main event play (it was a fairly obvious line error, but i hit it late and hard, as they say in rugby) and hasn't paid the Nijem under 1.5 bet yet, potentially with recourse to refund. Nothing sinister, just seems to be incompetence at this point. I'll be putting a complaint in if they refund the Nijem bet though.

Havent look at the fine print, what's the general course for a NC?
    What book?

No contests are graded as if the fight didn't occur, everything is cancelled.

Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

Sportsbet... Its Australian. :/ I'm looking to change, 5dimes suitable for internationals? How much of an effort is it to withdraw?

In the guillard-Pearson NC they just refunded it, either someone's asleep at the wheel or it'll get reversed later... Probably both.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

yup....Guy's brain just keep telling him to fight....he knows nothing else....
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I agree.. I think he should hang em up.. His chin is really glass these days.. He gets rocked or knocked out in every fight these days..

PaperTrail07

Nelson would take out Hunt as well....

Thor4140

Nelson would take out Hunt as well....
    He wont standing which is why he would eventually take him down.

mirinquads

Can't recall the last time Nelson went for a takedown. Hunt would counter strike him all night.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

He was looking for TDs in the Miocic fight, gotta think he'll try it there once he realizes he's in trouble standing.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

He wont standing which is why he would eventually take him down.
    I'd be very surprised if Nelson was able to take Hunt down. The opposite may be more likely.

Thor4140

I'd be very surprised if Nelson was able to take Hunt down. The opposite may be more likely.
    many people take Hunt down. After one maybe two he is basically gassed. Nelson has great takedowns but he is like Hendo. Wrestlers who found out they can punch so they love punching

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Nelson has great takedowns
    Sure about that comment Thor?

Nelson has poor TD's, he's too slow, short and fat to shoot for a double and get it, he'll gas out trying for a single if committed to it, his trip TD's are decent when he gets the position or leverage..

Nelson doesn't try for takedowns anymore because it gasses him out trying.. Easier to just stand and bang.. Roy Nelson is not a wrestler, he's a jits guy..

Thor4140

Sure about that comment Thor?

Nelson has poor TD's, he's too slow, short and fat to shoot for a double and get it, he'll gas out trying for a single if committed to it, his trip TD's are decent when he gets the position or leverage..

Nelson doesn't try for takedowns anymore because it gasses him out trying.. Easier to just stand and bang.. Roy Nelson is not a wrestler, he's a jits guy..
    He has above average takedowns. Why i said great i have no idea.

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

i can see nelson landing a TD once both guys are gassed and just using his fat body weight to collapse on top of hunt...something along those lines

latarianmilton

yea hunt is a bad matchup for nelson

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: NunyaBidness

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by latarianmilton View Post
    yea hunt is a bad matchup for nelson
    Not so sure about that Milton -

Gotta consider - Roy will have the better ground game and could possibly threaten with a submission if the fight ever gets there first off!!!!.. Secondly, Hunt got Ko'd recently and that jaw of his could be giving way with age now.. (Just ask Chuck Liddell about that) Roy Nelson still is showing the granite chin and may have enough power to actually knock Mark Hunt out again when both get gassed..

Mark Hunt also may not have the striking power to knock out Roy Nelson on the flip side.. So at some point Roy may start getting the better of Mark Hunt standing as the fight goes on.. Gas tanks for both fighters are suspect so no advantage there....

My money will be on the younger man in Fat Boy Roy if that fight ever goes down....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-12-14 at 10:23 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Mccorkle?!

PaperTrail07

I think nelson would win the standup
    Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    He was looking for TDs in the Miocic fight, gotta think he'll try it there once he realizes he's in trouble standing.

Thor4140

I think nelson would win the standup
    Hunt isn't some slow clown like all these guys Roy knocks out. When a guy has just a lick of skills with the hands Roy gets in trouble. Hunt would be the best pair of hands he has seen since Dos Santos.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gotta consider - Roy will have the better ground game and could possibly threaten with a submission if the fight ever gets there first off!!!!.. Secondly, Hunt got Ko'd recently and that jaw of his could be giving way with age now.. (Just ask Chuck Liddell about that) Roy Nelson still is showing the granite chin and may have enough power to actually knock Mark Hunt out again when both get gassed..

Mark Hunt also may not have the striking power to knock out Roy Nelson on the flip side.. So at some point Roy may start getting the better of Mark Hunt standing as the fight goes on.. Gas tanks for both fighters are suspect so no advantage there....

My money will be on the younger man in Fat Boy Roy if that fight ever goes down....
    Hunt is a samoan, with a head like a fire hydrant... there is no such thing as a bad chin for mark hunt. sorry but that is asinine.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Hunt is a samoan, with a head like a fire hydrant... there is no such thing as a bad chin for mark hunt. sorry but that is asinine.
    Does being Samoan affect his Chin?

latarianmilton

Hunt is just too good to get caught with that telegraphed overhand right even when gassed, roy has never caught someone as good as hunt with his overhand, plus his chin was just fine vs silva who is not pillowfisted.
    Point is hunt is a very experienced striker with a good chin to boot, hes also a counterpuncher to make things worse for nelson.
    It would be a dream come true if schaub got injured and nelson replaced him, i could make a lot of money on hunt specially because the public will be overrating nelson now.

First ... 67891011 Last