THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC 165: Jones vs. Gustafsson (September 21, 2013)

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
    Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson - for light-heavyweight title
    Renan Barao vs. Eddie Wineland - for interim bantamweight title
    Matt Mitrione vs. Brendan Schaub
    Francis Carmont vs. Constantinos Philippou
    Pat Healy vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
    Myles Jury vs. Mike Ricci
    Ivan Menjivar vs. Wilson Reis
    Chris Clements vs. Stephen Thompson
    Mitch Gagnon vs. Dustin Kimura

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 6 p.m. ET)
    Renee Forte vs. John Makdessi
    Michel Prazeres vs. Jesse Ronson
    Alex Caceres vs. Roland Delorme
    Nandor Guelmino vs. Daniel Omielanczuk

Das Jax
    Das Jax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Other than the title fight, that is one weak looking card.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Das Jax View Post
    Other than the title fight, that is one weak looking card.
    They do this shit all the time with Jones fighting. I guess they have short memories of when it bit them in the ass

Thor4140

anyone want to take a guess on what the odds on the Carmont fight. Philippou should knock his ass out or they gonna give Carmont another gift? The real line should be Philippou -250. The line will be Carmont -140.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    anyone want to take a guess on what the odds on the Carmont fight. Philippou should knock his ass out or they gonna give Carmont another gift? The real line should be Philippou -250. The line will be Carmont -140.
    Philippou will be at least -150 I think. I predict -235.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Caceres vs Delorme is the line I am most looking forward to.

visualrealism
    visualrealism's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 684

Gustafsson!!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

I love how the commercial for this card is like "Oh, Gustafsson is 1 inch taller than Jones! Therefore he can hit Jon without getting hit himself!!!"

Um, no… Jones still has an 8 inch reach advantage.

The whole angle of the commercial is to show Jones is facing a bigger and rangier fighter, yet that is not even close to being true. UFC commercials having been getting worse and worse for a couple years now. It's gotten to the point where they're just obnoxious white noise. I remember back when they used to be awesome and stylish, and actually got me excited for the fights. Those were the days………

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Caceres vs Delorme is the line I am most looking forward to.
    who do you like?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    who do you like?
    Reinhardt tko

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

You ready for pain?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Beelzebubzy

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    who do you like?
    what are teh odds?

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Fury View Post
    I love how the commercial for this card is like "Oh, Gustafsson is 1 inch taller than Jones! Therefore he can hit Jon without getting hit himself!!!"

The whole angle of the commercial is to show Jones is facing a bigger and rangier fighter, yet that is not even close to being true. UFC commercials having been getting worse and worse for a couple years now. It's gotten to the point where they're just obnoxious white noise. I remember back when they used to be awesome and stylish, and actually got me excited for the fights. Those were the days………
    No, Jones doesn't have any '8 inch' reach advantage you uneducated american cumstain, it's phucking laughable that a person that tries to make a living betting on the sport takes shit from a company that benifits from skewing facts AT FACE VALUE, 'tale of the tape' and the shit listed there is make belief.

At most Jones will have 1-2 inches worth of reach on Gustafsson.

And size wise they are very similar, Jones has wider shoulders but on the flipside Gustafsson has wider hips and much more muscular legs.

Gustafsson is also most definetly a much better boxer then Jones, and his footwork is far and away superior, he cuts angles and throws punches of all sorts from very awkward directions.

This fight basicly comes down to wether or not Gustafsson can stuff TD's or not, if he can then this is much closer then it seems on paper.

I think this fight easily goes past three rounds considering the beard Gustafsson has.

Beelzebubzy

Plekz is the new gabe.

plekz

^

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    No, Jones doesn't have any '8 inch' reach advantage you uneducated american cumstain, it's phucking laughable that a person that tries to make a living betting on the sport takes shit from a company that benifits from skewing facts AT FACE VALUE, 'tale of the tape' and the shit listed there is make belief.

And size wise they are very similar, Jones has wider shoulders but on the flipside Gustafsson has wider hips and much more muscular legs.

Gustafsson is also most definetly a much better boxer then Jones, and his footwork is far and away superior, he cuts angles and throws punches of all sorts from very awkward directions.

This fight basicly comes down to wether or not Gustafsson can stuff TD's or not, if he can then this is much closer then it seems on paper.

I think this fight easily goes past three rounds considering the beard Gustafsson has.
    superb

Thor4140

Hey im American and i find that insulting in a way. I think u might have been a little soft. We now have heard of a 7 inch reach advantage and now it is up to eight. By fight time it might be ten

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    i rarely click on ur clips when i see names like Alex Jones in them but i have to ask. Are u bashing me again? Don't you know i am now an SBR Pro?

plekz

Hey im American and i find that insulting in a way. I think u might have been a little soft. We now have heard of a 7 inch reach advantage and now it is up to eight. By fight time it might be ten
    Then say no to ignorant useless pieces of shit and pack LF and the rest of the people like him together and just vote them off the phucking island. I mean the fact someone like him runs a 'service' that charges people for bet's should be considered criminal behaviour the typical person who wont amount to phuckall in his lifetime.

This internet gig is all he's got.

Thor4140

Sadly when Jones takes down world class wrestlers with almost ease i doubt Gus has any chance stopping any of Jones take downs if Jones wants to take him down. I see this fight getting very bloody with Jones landing some big elbows from the top. Still shaping up to be a real good test for Jones. At these odds i wouldn't take Jones but won't be a sucker to take Gus. One of Jones stregths is taking down guys when they don't expect it. Not like these other wrestlers like Badar last night who shot in the first ten seconds.

plekz

Sadly when Jones takes down world class wrestlers with almost ease i doubt Gus has any chance stopping any of Jones take downs if Jones wants to take him down. I see this fight getting very bloody with Jones landing some big elbows from the top. Still shaping up to be a real good test for Jones. At these odds i wouldn't take Jones but won't be a sucker to take Gus. One of Jones stregths is taking down guys when they don't expect it. Not like these other wrestlers like Badar last night who shot in the first ten seconds.
    It's not like Jones is gonna have a 'stun ray' he can use to make closing the distance on Gustafsson at will an easy ask in any way, good footwork can very easily negate shoot ability and make clinching very difficult.

And Gustafsson has some of the best footwork in the entire UFC, he's also got very strong hips which makes clinch takedowns a BITCH.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

i rarely click on ur clips when i see names like Alex Jones in them but i have to ask. Are u bashing me again? Don't you know i am now an SBR Pro?
    just need an excuse to post them brah! ur conspiracy theories are the perfect set up!

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Fury View Post

Yeah they should have a commercial that says Jones has an 8 inch reach advantage and 8 inch cack advantage and how Jones is going to rape that honkie with it. Go back to picking losers phaget.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Jones will have a reach advantage on Gustaffson. I doubt the ufc is making up the numbers...Also you shouldn't forget that Gustaffson doesn't throw as many kicks as Jones and will probably avoid doing it in order to avoid being taken down. At least If you want to refer to people as uneducated American @@@stains. Even if Gustaf had a reach advantage with his hands it wont outweigh Jones reach with his legs. Just pure silliness. Throw in the fact that Jones is probably a straight up better striker overall, a much better wrestler, and has the best fight IQ out of just about anyone in the UFC and I see you losing your Gustaffson play.

plekz

mmaed:

Can give you several examples just at the top of my head where they've claimed shit that has been severly facribated, Carwin being 6'3 comes to mind.

I also havent advocated any Gustafsson play, but good to know which category you fall under, follow suit with LF and go play in traffic.

The one thing i have said however is that the '8 inch difference' being claimed is complete horse shit and you look like dumb gullable little phuckin kids gulping that shit up, and aside from that i said that the whole matchup is predicated on if Gustafsson can stuff TD's or not.

Starting to think the average age here is well in around the lower 20's on alot of you people, considering how complicated you make logical reasoning seem. Naive as phuck.
    Last edited by plekz; 09-05-13 at 02:54 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

mmaed:

Can give you several examples just at the top of my head where they've claimed shit that has been severly facribated, Carwin being 6'3 comes to mind.

I also havent advocated any Gustafsson play, but good to know which category you fall under, follow suit with LF and go play in traffic.

The one thing i have said however is that the '8 inch difference' being claimed is complete horse shit and you look like dumb gullable little phuckin kids gulping that shit up, and aside from that i said that the whole matchup is predicated on if Gustafsson can stuff TD's or not.

Starting to think the average age here is well in around the lower 20's on alot of you people, considering how complicated you make logical reasoning seem.
    Does a person in their 50s have more "logical reasoning" than somebody in their early 20's?

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I was really hoping for a Bel Air ending but it didn't come.

plekz

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Does a person in their 50s have more "logical reasoning" than somebody in their early 20's?
    No, but being 'naive' is commonly associated with being 'young' and inexperienced in general, and it's something that very easily because of this can make using simple logical conclusions very difficult when you instead choose to believe shit people tell you, instead of taking a couple of minutes to question how resonable what they are claiming actually sounds.

Thanks for wasting close to a minute of my life, a minute i shall never get back, oh how i weep for that minute i lost.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

haha

Beelzebubzy

Plekz are you Gaberz?

This is a conspiracy on this board.

syfy will be starting a new show: thor and Rogan Question EVERYTHING 2gether

Vaughany is this show the best on planet earth?

plekz

Can you soap opera educated 4chan rejects stop using the simplest penetrating 'conclusions' everytime, 'oh hurr durr iz muzt be an old guyz'

No i am not 'Gaberz' nor do i have the slightest phucking idea who that even is and i have ZERO intrest to find out either.

Beelzebubzy

if you called me fool, you would have been guilty on the spot homie!

1234 ... Last