Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    I'm probably just going to play NOT goes distance. They're both bangers. Odds are high someone's going DOWN.
    -260 is not a bad price for that.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Let's discuss T. Silva for R. Cavalcante -- I'm a bit surprised everyone's on Rafael.

Of course he's extremely powerful -- but he's VERY slow. I think Silva has a good chance of beating him on speed and aggression alone.

What?!

I think you must be mistaken. Silva is the big, roided up Brazilian maniac, and Cavalcante is the-...

Well, either way, Cavalcante should have a big speed edge. Am I missing something here? I'm almost tempted to go back and watch some more footage on Cavalcante to see if I missed something. I honestly thought he'd be considerably faster than Silva. Hope you're wrong for my sake.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

cavalcante is faster, but he's not that much faster that i see him getting off his shots without getting tagged as well
    silva has managed to hit faster guys
    he almost had rashad, and landed some nice shots on gustaffson as well
    so basically both of them are going to get hit a lot, and i think silva is tougher. value with silva

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    cavalcante is faster, but he's not that much faster that i see him getting off his shots without getting tagged as well
    silva has managed to hit faster guys
    he almost had rashad, and landed some nice shots on gustaffson as well
    so basically both of them are going to get hit a lot, and i think silva is tougher. value with silva
    Do you not feel as if Cavalcante's understanding of the striking game will give him the edge when it comes to ratio of strikes landed, though? Silva comes straight forward and never changes angles; he always enters straight forward and exits straight back. Cavalcante probably hits harder but I doubt it matters as either guy can put the other to sleep. I'd assume Silva's chin is better, but Cavalcante is infinitely more diverse and I expect him to frustrate Silva immensely with his kicks and knees. I think Silva doesn't have a good mind for striking and his go-to tactic will always be to throw bombs and hope one lands. I personally think Feijao is a great bet here.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

cavalcante certainly looks the more polished and versatile of the two, but i think you have to look at the effectiveness
    other than machida, who is somethng special, silva has been dangerous with his standing strkes in every fight
    i used to think silva was a bit of a bum with limited striking, but he has proved me wrong
    i went big on gus, and didnt expect gus to get hit as much as he did
    also thought rashad would steam him and was surprised he had him on rollerskates
    these are no fluke. silva has shown that he can land his simple strikes even on high level guys with greater speed advantage than rafael

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    cavalcante certainly looks the more polished and versatile of the two, but i think you have to look at the effectiveness
    other than machida, who is somethng special, silva has been dangerous with his standing strkes in every fight
    i used to think silva was a bit of a bum with limited striking, but he has proved me wrong
    i went big on gus, and didnt expect gus to get hit as much as he did
    also thought rashad would steam him and was surprised he had him on rollerskates
    these are no fluke. silva has shown that he can land his simple strikes even on high level guys with greater speed advantage than rafael
    While I agree that it's easy to underestimate Silva, I think that Gus's defence isn't particularly great; he relies on his chin in a similar way to JDS, in that it is practically made of iron and nothing short of a gunshot wound is going to hurt him. Rashad obviously has poor defence, especially at that point in his career. Good example of a fighter who gets by while making a laundry basket full of technical errors by using his insane athleticism. I do think he's been effective standing against almost everyone he's fought, but most of the guys he's fought haven't been of Feijao's calibre. Still, it is a winnable fight for Silva, and I'll certainly be on the edge of my seat.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

I think Cavalcante has decent timing and has explosive spurts. But his footwork is very poor. He pretty much stands in the same spot and swings his arms. Silva will circle around him and try to pick his spots.

I do think essentially they have the same style. They will trade leather and push each against the cage. I think Cavalcante has more power and has a better chance of getting the KO.

I do think the line is pretty sharp and I don't really see much value except on the under.

TheCalculator

Just another tool in the tool box: http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/4355

MD

^ I find Fightmetric unreliable for my purposes because I don't think their stats are accurate.

MD

I think Cavalcante has decent timing and has explosive spurts. But his footwork is very poor. He pretty much stands in the same spot and swings his arms. Silva will circle around him and try to pick his spots.

I do think essentially they have the same style. They will trade leather and push each against the cage. I think Cavalcante has more power and has a better chance of getting the KO.

I do think the line is pretty sharp and I don't really see much value except on the under.
    Yup, confirmed for troll.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Ha yee, Thiago is one of the most flatfooted guys in the division!

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Feijao is the man. Dude has great power (watch the Hendo fight, he fuckin drops Hendo), amazing TDD (King Mo fight and Blackhouses TDD coach), and good striking fundamentals.

I'm avoiding the bet because I'm a huge Feijao fan and I don't think I'll be able to think about it really objectively, but I can't see Thiago Silva beating Feijao. For one, Thiago has an incredible back injury that he fights through every time. You can see the difference between beastmode Thiago (up to the Machida fight) and Thiago with back injury. Not to mention he's a blackzilian not named Vitor so instantly add +100 to whatever odds he has.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Feijao should win, he is better. The price seems accurate though. Loved Feijao at that opening -150, -160 line.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Cena breto assuncao at 110
    Points Awarded:

omalley21 gave Beelzebubzy 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Henry hooft improved thiago's standup quite a bit recently. I like Feijao but I dont think its gonna be that easy.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

odds out

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd

played ronny markes/Derek Brunson ov 2.5 -260

ArchieUD
    ArchieUD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

BFO and Fightbetnetwork still list Erick Silva ITD at -155 @5D, but when I log into my account 5D has it listed at -170. Same for everyone else?

goodfellas433
    goodfellas433's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2549

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieUD View Post
    BFO and Fightbetnetwork still list Erick Silva ITD at -155 @5D, but when I log into my account 5D has it listed at -170. Same for everyone else?
    Yes, and I took it fairly large at those odds. I would be really shocked if Silva doesnt put him away itd....
    He is hoping to make a big statement.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd

Yeah it was -155 last night though, now its -170. I threw a little on the tko/ko line also, high has good bjj Im not sure if he gets subbed..

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Dwil125 View Post
    Yeah it was -155 last night though, now its -170. I threw a little on the tko/ko line also, high has good bjj Im not sure if he gets subbed..
    the thing that worries me about tko prop is silva could rock him, and then go for a choke. bjj doesnt work as well if youre on phag street.

edit: that said, i was very tempted to play tko at +210.
    Last edited by PunisherIND; 06-04-13 at 02:39 PM.

TheCalculator

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Yup, confirmed for troll.
    HA! Oh my goodness! The accusations fly!

For the record -- I think Cavalcante wins. Just don't see any value. I'll probably play it LIVE afterI see how they both move during the fight.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

How good are Neto's takedowns? Smith was doing pretty damn good against Gracie until he was taken down in a strange way. Im mostly looking at the over here, which is decent plus money, and thinking Smith might just survive til he's getting something snapped up. Doubt he will last the whole fight though, unless he can knock Neto out.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

From what i saw they werent good but my bro just told me to hold on cos they are pretty good. Too late.

Grabaka
    Update your status

The second one on Falcao was pretty good indeed. But hes tired as penetrate.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    How good are Neto's takedowns? Smith was doing pretty damn good against Gracie until he was taken down in a strange way. Im mostly looking at the over here, which is decent plus money, and thinking Smith might just survive til he's getting something snapped up. Doubt he will last the whole fight though, unless he can knock Neto out.
    His takedowns are better than Gracie's and he has a better chin than gracie and wades in a little more. Gracie is very cautious, only he could make Smith's TDD look good.

Grabaka
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    His takedowns are better than Gracie's and he has a better chin than gracie and wades in a little more. Gracie is very cautious, only he could make Smith's TDD look good.
    Thats a bit of a stretch uncle nuns. Watch Amagov vs Smith. Amagov did took him down but he had pretty good balance and he was making all the right stuff. And Amagov is a an animal.

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

William Macario +185 against Leo Santos? WTF???? Or the odds are wrong, or its the best value that i did see in my life... William should be a huge favorite for this fight.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    Thats a bit of a stretch uncle nuns. Watch Amagov vs Smith. Amagov did took him down but he had pretty good balance and he was making all the right stuff. And Amagov is a an animal.
    Haven't rewatched that one in a while. You're probably right.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Digo View Post
    William Macario +185 against Leo Santos? WTF???? Or the odds are wrong, or its the best value that i did see in my life... William should be a huge favorite for this fight.
    did you watch the show? anyone else watch the show that has an opinion?

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd

nope. didn't even realize that was the tuf finals until yesterday

Grabaka
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    did you watch the show? anyone else watch the show that has an opinion?
    I watched it. Felt Patolino & argentinian are the only ones with a future there.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    I watched it. Felt Patolino & argentinian are the only ones with a future there.
    what do you think about the final? do you agree with digo that macario should be the favorite here?

Grabaka
    Update your status

from what i saw in the show? yes
    But im actually opening the files now and looking for Santos' fights to check his TDs.

Grabaka
    Update your status

1st fight....opponent dislocates finger and the fight is stopped. Santos moves to the house.

First 123456 ... Last