UFC on FUEL 10 (June 08, 2013)

MAIN CARD (FUEL TV, 8 p.m. ET)

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Fabricio Werdum
    opponent TBA vs. opponent TBA "TUF: Brazil 2" tournament final
    Rafael Cavalcante vs. Thiago Silva
    Jason High vs. Erick Silva
    Eddie Mendez vs. Daniel Sarafian
    Rony Jason vs. Mike Wilkinson

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 4:30 p.m. ET)

Raphael Assuncao vs. Vaughan Lee
    Derek Brunson vs. Ronny Markes
    Felipe Arantes vs. Godofredo Castro
    Ildemar Alcantara vs. Leandro Silva
    Rodrigo Damm vs. Mizuto Hirota
    Caio Magalhaes vs. Karlos Vemola
    Antonio Braga Neto vs. Anthony Smith

Last edited by THE_LOCKSMITH; 05-26-13 at 09:10 PM.

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

so far liking all the favorites posted on the main card...gotta wait for the lines, but prob ride w/ assuncao and markes as well...

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Vaughany
    how's training going? You ready for a step up?

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Werdum ITD +100.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Vaughany
    how's training going? You ready for a step up?
    Pretty good thanks. Been workin on my spinnin back fist a lot. I offered to step in for Barao, but Wineland was scared homie

Beelzebubzy

Spinning kicks are what the cool kids are doing brah
    ill show you once I'm done teaching Anderson

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Started training MMA? I do boxing and kickboxing to prepare for a exhibition bout between me and a friend of mine. 1.100 pounds baby.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

ahhhhh vaghan lee..okey okey...ill get it.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

no potential robbery fights on this card as i see it. Maybe Nog if everyone is on Werdum. Line looks about right tho so i think everything should be fine.
    Last edited by Thor4140; 05-26-13 at 07:23 PM.

Thor4140

That is it LOck get the thread up early and nice and clean. Now for all you other boneheads who like to start your own thread about the same shit u have been warned. Loader watch my back here.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

I think Werdum is way over valued, +250 for Nogueira I'll take that. I think this fight is way closer than those odds indicate, unless i'm missing some big injury Nog has.

I know you can't read much into their first fight which took place 7 years ago, but i still think Nog gets the better of the stand up.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Pretty good thanks. Been workin on my spinnin back fist a lot. I offered to step in for Barao, but Wineland was scared homie
    Make sure every move you throw is spinning. It will keep him off balance

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Werdum's stand up looked really good against Big Country

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Werdum's stand up looked really good against Big Country
    Werdum looked good against Overeem also. Was a close fight and Overeem was scared to really engage with him.

Beelzebubzy

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    Werdum looked good against Overeem also. Was a close fight and Overeem was scared to really engage with him.
    He butt scooted for three rounds

DonnyMcslick
    DonnyMcslick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

No one likes Thiago here? Feijao hasn't really beaten anyone besides King Mo. Silva seems to only lose to the elite of the division.

Edit: I guess the more I look at it Thiagos wins are just as unimpressive. He did almost finish Rashad in the third round of that fight though.
    Last edited by DonnyMcslick; 05-27-13 at 07:58 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyMcslick View Post
    No one likes Thiago here? Feijao hasn't really beaten anyone besides King Mo. Silva seems to only lose to the elite of the division.

Edit: I guess the more I look at it Thiagos wins are just as unimpressive. He did almost finish Rashad in the third round of that fight though.
    ha yeah Thiago's wins are less impressive!

Feijao should be quicker, dare I say "more explosive"!

DonnyMcslick
    DonnyMcslick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

tough fight....fuk it im rooting for the double knockout. Shonie Carter Reffing and all.

Beelzebubzy

Who has thiago beat? Jardine is his best win.

Thor4140

Who has thiago beat? Jardine is his best win.
    he beat a couple drug test till he got caught

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    I think Werdum is way over valued, +250 for Nogueira I'll take that. I think this fight is way closer than those odds indicate, unless i'm missing some big injury Nog has.

I know you can't read much into their first fight which took place 7 years ago, but i still think Nog gets the better of the stand up.
    Nog has look so old and slow lately that it is tough to bet him. Now was he really injured last fight and couldn't train? I wouldn't put a dime on this until i saw the weigh ins. Nog looked awful his last fight against the can Herman. Werdum is no Herman.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

He has the cardio to butt scoot for dayyyyyyyyyyyyyz tho!

Tommy Blingshyne

and arguably outstruck Overeem...TBH, i think if Werdum would have traded a little more and flopped a little less, he would have beat Reem on the feet...he was def. getting the better of at least some of the exchanges...

Tommy Blingshyne

as for Werdum/Nog...Nog is looking old...far past his prime...he hasnt looked good in majority of his UFC fights IMO and especially in his last few...seems like his time is up...on the other hand, Werdum is in his prime...hes looking really sharp w/ his muay thai...you already know his jitz game is top notch...right now just feels like its werdum's time...

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I'm playing the ov 2.5 with Ronny markes, hopefully it's under -225

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

C'mon, Nog has literally looked like a corpse in his last fight, brought back to life Frankenstein style, nails in the temples, electricity and all. Guess years of getting knocked around by the likes of Fedor and Cro Cop will do that to a man. Go Horse is very skilled, top 10 maybe even 5. He's standup is beginning to look on point, great timing and quickness for a heavy weight, good counters, good knees. A little basic still with the combinations, but you won't need more against 99% of heavy weights. Knocked out Russow who's shown a decent chin in the past. How Roy Nelson didn't go down from those knees still amaze me.
    If there is one fight where I think there might be foul play its that penetrating Herman fight. Dude stands still like a statue, and it still takes Nog 2 whole rounds to get him out of there.
    Werdum is also superior on the ground I believe, and wrestling should be about a wash, maybe Nog slightly.

Werdum is in his prime, Nog is a mummy. Nog is a boss and all, but would be very surprising if he won this fight.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

^ Not saying you're wrong about how late into their careers they are, but it's important to note that Werdum is only a year younger than Nog.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Nog looking bad is so overblown. Yes he is older and not in his prime. But WAY back at UFC 92 he was beat by Mir....after having staph in and out of the hospital. The 2nd fight showed this as Nog schooled Mir standing and would have easily won had he not tried to make a statement with a sub win. If he kept punching the ref would have eventually called it. Wow he lost to Cain....big deal there... What else? Where else has he looked real bad? He looked bad vs. Mir back in 2008 after being hospitalized. He got KTFO vs. the best HW. Big deal.
    Last edited by Rubber Guard; 05-27-13 at 03:15 PM.

mirinquads

True enough, which is shocking looking at Nog. But different fighters can have different primes, and all those vicious beating Nog has taken certainly has Nogged the prime outta him, maybe he should look into TRT. Werdum hasn't taken even close to the amount of damage in any of his defeats. And he has half the MMA fights Nog has.

Werdum really started looking good in Strikeforce, besides the Overeem fight - which he could have won if he had his head on straight. I don't know though. How does Nog win this? Somehow rock him with his sloppy boxing? I mean Werdum's striking aint amazing by and means, and the defense is lacking as per usual MMA standards and I guess it could happen, but its doubtful. Wrestle penetrate? He doesn't have the cardio, Sub him? Werdum is better on the ground, I guess if he rocks him maybe.. Just not seeing it.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I've only ever seen Nog gas slightly in the Herring fight, never other than that. He could out-box and out-grapple Werdum to a decision, or possibly get the power shot in for a KO. As for Werdum being better on the ground, that's an easy assumption to make but it may not be true. Nog out-grappled Werdum in their first fight, and while I think Nog's gotten worse since then, Werdum has gotten away from his grappling a lot. No idea how it looks now compared to when he was a killer.

THE_LOCKSMITH

No question Nog is more shopworn, i still think this style match favors his boxing on the feet enough to keep this fight close.

Also have to consider Nog is a legend in Brazil and this fight is taking place in Fortaleza, more northern part of the country where i assume Nog will have the crowd on his side. Might this sway the judges in closer rounds? Werdum is from Porto Alegre in southern Brazil.

mirinquads

He did slow down in the Herman fight in the second round. Just watching the fight now, and I still think he looks bad. Herman even threw him a couple of times. That is, when he didn't stand completely still and got tagged by Nogs slowmotion punches. Nog looked somewhat sharp on the ground, but the way Dave just gives up his arm. He does kinda fight it a bit, and he fought out of an earlier Americana. Looks suspicious though. And how is Herman getting a 4. fight in the UFC when people like Pablo Garza gets cut after one loss? Anyway, thats another discussion.

Well you two have made me reconsider certainly, but if Nogs striking looks like it did in that fight, Werdum takes it I think. Will wait til the weighins either way to see. Didn't Nog also complain about camp problems? I guess we have all read this book by now though.

Name:  Nog.jpg
Views: 1539
Size:  33.8 KB

Another thing to consider is the fight is a 5 rounder. But its in Braziiii which seems to give Nog special super powers.

Tommy Blingshyne

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    ^ Not saying you're wrong about how late into their careers they are, but it's important to note that Werdum is only a year younger than Nog.
    actual age and fight age is 2 different things...Nog has been thru war...his fight age is senior citizen status...werdum on the other hand is right in his prime...

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Nog by KO/TKO +1025?

Not Werdum by sub -337??

1234 ... Last