Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

This time you WERE spot on!

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1944

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Both have advantages in having good highlight videos...

Yep, lol.

eligibletackle
    eligibletackle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1656

just gonna come out and say it - I'm not sure I get the Swanson love. Will play Poirer

Public perception of swanson has never been higher given this KO streak. I never buy in too much when a fighter hits stride like this all of a sudden (a/k/a why i don't bet on Pyle). Given that Swanson has the advantage w/ his fists it seem like no reason he'd put up a dissimilar performance. I think Poirer is more dynamic, athletic, and at the end of the day a guy you should just shut up take at dog odds when fighting the vast majority of 145lbers. Just don't think highly enough of Swanson to group him in that class of featherweights where I wouldn't play Poirer (+110)

eligibletackle
    eligibletackle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1656

And on the Riddle train as well.

Sass is somebody I would normally avoid but he's a phenom and feel like they want to match him up against the most credible LW whose game can be penetrated by the uncommon skillset sass brings. I buy into Joe Silva's matchmaking for the UK crowd on this one.

Bagalut
    Bagalut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 647

Quote Originally Posted by eligibletackle View Post
    just gonna come out and say it - I'm not sure I get the Swanson love. Will play Poirer

Public perception of swanson has never been higher given this KO streak. I never buy in too much when a fighter hits stride like this all of a sudden (a/k/a why i don't bet on Pyle). Given that Swanson has the advantage w/ his fists it seem like no reason he'd put up a dissimilar performance. I think Poirer is more dynamic, athletic, and at the end of the day a guy you should just shut up take at dog odds when fighting the vast majority of 145lbers. Just don't think highly enough of Swanson to group him in that class of featherweights where I wouldn't play Poirer (+110)
    Swanson got superior Striking technique, is faster with his stikes and he got more power in his punches.
    Poirier got tagged by Brookins, who hits like a bitch compared to swanson.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Look forward to booing Riddle along with my fellow butter-tooths!....

Matt Riddle insists UK fans are disrespectful and referees are biased ahead of Wembley Arena meet with Che Mills

American mixed martial artist Matt Riddle is not as concerned about home fighter Che Mills when they face off on Saturday night in the Octagon at UFC Wembley – as he is about British fans and referees.

Outspoken: Matt Riddle will face Che Mills at UFC: Wembley on Saturday night

By Gareth A Davies, MMA Correspondent

7:30PM GMT 11 Feb 2013

1 Comment

In an outspoken critique on English fans and referees, while lining up English fighters he intends to knock down like skittles, Riddle also disclosed that some of the legendary names in MMA fight on too long, and tarnish their reputations. Could the attack on the English, perchance, be as a result of his revelation that he has Scottish forebears?

“I want to beat Che Mills but I'm not gonna trash-talk him. I respect Mills, he's a good guy and he's a world class fighter, but my problem isn't with the British fighters, it's more with the British fans and how disrespectful they are,” the Las Vegas based welterweight told me this week in a revelatory interview.

“I’m not saying all British fans but the few who felt the need to spit on me [at UFC 105 in Manchester], is pretty disrespectful. I will tell you this - where I come from in America, if you spit on me I'll knock you out, or knock your teeth out,” he explained.

Riddle has been unable to rid himself of the distaste he felt when he faced Nick Osipczak in Manchester in 2009, where he lost by a TKO.

“I heard Manchester wasn't the nicest part of Europe let alone England and they really let me have it. I’ve fought across America and nobody's ever spat on me. I didn't get that kind of disrespect so I was a little shocked. I don’t mind names, I don’t mind booing, but I just don’t want bodily fluids on me.”

Related Articles

Riddle even believes that UK referees are anti-wrestling when they officiate. “I took Osipczak down a bunch but I’m sure the English referee didn't like my groundwork, and he kept standing me up. He stood me up like five times a round.”
    “I'm going to make sure I don't have an English ref again. I hope I have Herb Dean or Steve Mazzagatti, someone like that who won't just stand me up because the crowds are booing.”
    Riddle has even developed a beef with Nottingham's Dan Hardy, and is also gunning for Sussex welterweight John Hathaway. “You know, the thing is I actually like Dan Hardy. He's got a huge name, everybody in the mixed martial arts world knows who Dan Hardy is…but because of his Mohawk."
    "It’s his trademark and everybody knows who he is. It's nothing personal. He’s got a big name and I think it's a good fight for me so I called him out. But he's done everything that he can to avoid it.”
    So is he becoming a 'Brit basher', having beaten East Anglian John Maguire in his last contest, in Montreal, in November ? “I fought John Maguire, but I wanted Dan Hardy. Joe Silva offered me Che Mills, and so they made it happen. Fine, let's do it."
    Hardy, incidentally, has brought up retirement this week, suggesting that he may be out of the game some time in 2014. Even Riddle, 27, who has been in the UFC five years, believes some of the major stars go on too long, and ruin their legacies. Riddle believes he will be out of the sport by his early thirties.
    “The last thing I remember about Chuck Liddell is him getting knocked out by Rich Franklin and the last thing I remember about Randy Couture is him getting kicked in the face by Lyoto Machida.”
    “They do not get the respect they deserve as a result, and I don’t want to have that when I’m older because I chose to keep fighting when I knew I was past my prime.”
    Perhaps Riddle needs a back-against-the-wall approach when he is fighting abroad, as he was soon back at Brit-bashing. “Look - Hathaway called me out - he wants to fight me and I said I'd be more than happy to fight him, so I’ll use Che Mills as the warm-up fight."
    Worth noting that Riddle’s family are originally from Scotland. “You know - I would wear a kilt but kilts are pretty expensive, so I'll probably pass on the kilt, just wear my normal attire and get the job done.”
    “Plus, I don't need to p*** off English fans any more than I already have done. I’m just going to do my job and then get out of England.”

Bagalut
    Bagalut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 647

go spit on him

Grabaka
    Update your status

Riddle is gonna put the buttertooths in their place!
    Maaan butterspit? thats disgusting

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    Riddle is gonna put the buttertooths in their place!
    Maaan butterspit? thats disgusting
    LOL! I'm happy with my bet on mills opening line.

Grabaka
    Update your status

Im doubling my bet! This is mano a mano Omalley!

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Loving some of these lines.......!!!

Need them to get on my book ASAP I want in on some of this value!!!!!!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Andy Ogle: For Josh Grispi, I Have A Venom

On Feb 16. Andy Ogle will enter the UFC octagon officially, for the second time. His debut saw him lose by Split decision to Akira Corassani back in September 2012 at the Nottingham Capital FM Arena. With a venom inside him he looks for some retribution when he faces Josh Grispi.

Grispi had a ten fight winning streak before signing to the UFC however with three losses against Dustin Poirier, George Roop and Rani Yahya another loss could see him seeking a new promotion to fight for, something that Ogle will be glad to remind him off at the weigh ins.
    FRMMA: Although you've been fighting in the UK for some time now it was probably the TUF series that catapulted you into the mainstream, how was that experience and would you advise anyone else to do it?
    AO: The experience is great but if your going to go for it I would recommend that you think about the afterwards. Things happen very fast whether your ready to deal with it or not, all your thinking about is the competition but you don't think about what's happening to your friends and family. One minute your normal and just trying to compete in MMA and the next minute your on a TV show.
    FRMMA: Away from the cameras, what was it like to be in that house and to be with people that you'll be fighting?
    AO: With the fighters, I didn't mind. Other than that I like to be a bit private and I like my downtime. I do like to be in front of the cameras but sometimes you just need them to get out your face and unfortunately when you want them out your face, thats probably the best time for them to be recording.
    FRMMA: In your official debut fight with the UFC you fought Akira Corassani and lost by split decision, however in the post fight press conference Dana White said he thought you won two out of the three rounds. How did you feel about the decision?
    AO: This is sad but funny but I was standing there and i thought they said my name wrong. For a second I thought "My name isn't Akira"? And that was the hardest thing I've ever had to take, I trained 3 1/2 Months for that fight and put a lot of stress behind myself. I didn't believe in UFC jitters before but it very much is real. Akira is a good fighter and I wish him the best but I don't think I fought to the best of my capabilities so for Josh Grispi I have a Venom. I'm trying not to swear as much but I'm going to smash his penetrating face in. I want this more than anything and he's not taking it away from us.
    FRMMA: Were you pissed off with Akira at all with what seemed like a late strike at the end of the first round?
    AO: The thing is Marc Goddard got in the way as well because it was the end of the round so even if it was on the bell surely that should have been a point deduction? I was backing away and he caught me with a cheap shot, it didn't rock me but it caught me by surprise. It was upsetting at the time but things happen for a reason.
    FRMMA: Grispi hasn't won a fight since joining the UFC, do you see this being a make or break fight for both of you?
    AO: He's lost three in a row now but who's to say he won't get another chance. Leonard Garcia did and Dan Hardydid but not many people go on after four. So how's he going to handle it when thats on his mind. I'm going to remind him at the weigh ins, "Dude your going to lose your job".
    FRMMA: Do you think it will make him a desperate fighter knowing that his job is on the line?
    AO: He can do one of two things. He's either going to come out 'all guns blazing' which I hope he does or he's going to be very defensive.
    FRMMA: What do you think his game plan is for you?
    AO: He's going to headkick. He's going to think "Oh Jesus Christ, Fantastic I'm fighting a midget" I don't know, he hasn't fought in quite a while, he's obviously been working on all aspects of the game but I'll be prepared for whatever he brings.
    FRMMA: How excited are you to be fighting back in the UK, for the UFC and what do the fans bring to the table?
    AO: The fans are everything, without the fans we wouldn't be getting paid. You get weird questions on Facebook in your private messages like "Andy, what do you eat for breakfast"?
    FRMMA: Finally is there anyone you would like to thank?
    AO: Firstly MY PROTEIN, they keep me fueled for my training, Team Kaobon and everyone that trains with me and obviously all my family and my friends that put up with me.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Andy Ogle Hero,

Andy Ogle too strong

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Andy Ogle was on TUF

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Riddle just pretty much said in the press conference that he plans to bang with Che Mills and knows he was put on the main card for a reason and wont dissapoint (this was after Gareth Davies asked him if he planned to take Che down and grind it out)

flickavic
    Lets Go Skins !!!
    flickavic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

On sherdog he said hes going to take him down and hurt him?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

He will probably stand and do rock-em-sock-em for a few minutes or a round just to entertain then look to use his wrestling from 2nd round on like he did in last fight

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Matt Riddle hero,

Matt Riddle too strong

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    There is no use in talking fights with you anyway. You are all over the map. When you don't want to take a real stance you throw out your value numbers. You can make a bet one day, then not like it 8 hours later. You can bet Moderate on Page say not large because of his desire questions....then when he loses say how sharp you are because he lost because of his desire to fight. And you saw it coming or something. You are almost like V. But V doesn't try to act like a sharp of all sharps. You make a bunch of plays, bunch of parlays, no real insight on who will win or what you think about a fight. A guy could have more ways to win in your eyes...but that doesn't mean anything because according to their % of winning is what you are talking about. You laugh at a post made about how Gunnar could hang with him anywhere. Then later you say he probably has a better grappling game and could certainly KO him. And he is a good striker. None of it makes any sense.

Why don't you just live bet? Seems automatic. You straight sucked on your plays and random Gabe parlays lately. But then you sweep up with Live betting. Why not just try to live bet a card and make bank? Instead of 20 props and a couple 8 team parlays.

I noticed this with a lot of people on this forum... Or the classic retroposter, with a last second play to save the night... LOL.. I respect the people who can actually admit that they had a losing night. Seems like the majority of people on here never have a losing night, they just hedge or use live betting to make every single event profitable... Well in their world anyways...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MMAbetMASTA

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

+273 Michael Mcdonald
    +111 Dustin Poirer
    +193 Ryan Jimmo
    -110 Paul Sass

KushMoney
    KushMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Ryan Jimmo injured? Coming off 17 straight wins.. you think the fight would be a little bit closer.

I like Te Huna ITD (when that prop is available) and Jimmo straight up shortly before the fight.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Maxed Nelson by decision. Insane value line.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by KushMoney View Post
    Ryan Jimmo injured? Coming off 17 straight wins.. you think the fight would be a little bit closer.

I like Te Huna ITD (when that prop is available) and Jimmo straight up shortly before the fight.
    edit thought you were saying he is injured, realise you are wondering whether he is now!

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

mcdonald has sharper hands

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

I might double up on McDonald if the odds improve. Looks to be a great card, GL.

Ticket#:86556516
    Feb 16 05:20 PM
    INTERNET / -1Feb 13 05:18 PM
    MU
    STRAIGHT BET
    [24101] M MCDONALD +230
    (M MCDONALD vrs R BARAO)

$43 /$100

Ticket#:86557194
    Feb 16 03:35 PM
    INTERNET / -1Feb 13 05:26 PM
    MU
    STRAIGHT BET
    [24117] R JIMMO +180
    (R JIMMO vrs J TE HUNA)

$56 /$100

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Well, I'm almost reduced to selling my innocent slender body to the truckers at the truckstop to make up for the gigantic losses made this year, but I'm still considering a play on Jimmo

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    Well, I'm almost reduced to selling my innocent slender body to the truckers at the truckstop to make up for the gigantic losses made this year, but I'm still considering a play on Jimmo

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

I know the history doesn't back it up, but I have a feeling that Poirier/Swanson reaches a decision. Pretty important fight for both guys.

Don't have a real lean on who wins, but either by decision is north of +400. These guys are still 145ers. 3 rounder. I think it has the makings of a 3 round back and forth close fight.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    I know the history doesn't back it up, but I have a feeling that Poirier/Swanson reaches a decision. Pretty important fight for both guys.

Don't have a real lean on who wins, but either by decision is north of +400. These guys are still 145ers. 3 rounder. I think it has the makings of a 3 round back and forth close fight.
    very possible

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Swanson plays soccer....as Rogan would say it is why he has great leg kicks!...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-24-15 at 10:10 AM. Reason: image does not exist

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Cub Swanson hero,
    Cub Swanson too strong

First 1234567 ... Last