MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    MD > Rubber Guard.
    Thanks buddy. We've been arguing back and forth for half a thread, though, so we're probably both losers in this situation.

You liking any plays on the undercard?

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

rubber guard check my plays thread. I dont bullshit around. I give WA lines with units attached. Straight money son...

Points Awarded:
    MD gave Sacrelicious 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Did he bet Castillo at -115 or so?
    would expect so wouldnt you if he expected to come out worse than -200! Maybe he uses the Gaberz Criterion tho
    Points Awarded:

NunyaBidness gave Vaughany 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    would expect so wouldnt you if he expected to come out worse than -200! Maybe he uses the Gaberz Criterion tho

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Thanks buddy. We've been arguing back and forth for half a thread, though, so we're probably both losers in this situation.

You liking any plays on the undercard?
    I think Sass might be solid.

My problem recently has been making too many bets and shying away from making a few confident bets per card.

I'm sticking to my 2 main plays. I was tempted to simply take Cub, but decided on the under for that fight. I think there is a legit chance Poirier might be able to sneak in a couple shots and finish Cub, the under just seems the safer play and at only 20 cents less it seems the logical choice.

I'm sticking to my guns on this card. The Jimi line is going up fast, glad I got it when I did.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    I think Sass might be solid.

My problem recently has been making too many bets and shying away from making a few confident bets per card.

I'm sticking to my 2 main plays. I was tempted to simply take Cub, but decided on the under for that fight. I think there is a legit chance Poirier might be able to sneak in a couple shots and finish Cub, the under just seems the safer play and at only 20 cents less it seems the logical choice.

I'm sticking to my guns on this card. The Jimi line is going up fast, glad I got it when I did.
    that's not really sound reasoning imo. Sounds like you are upping your bet size on plays with the same value.

Betting too little or too many fights isn't possible. A line either has value and you bet it accordingly or it doesnt.

laying off of fights is just leaving money on the table imo.

Points Awarded:

NunyaBidness gave Sideloaded 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

He pickz winnerzzzzz!!!!

Sacrelicious

Perhaps I'm slightly retarded, its unfortunate.

Sacrelicious

Also bear in mind, I am rather new to this. While I do fully understand the concept of value betting, I'm looking to expand my bankroll at the moment by making what I refer to as "no brainer" bets.

Its a very short term thing, and perhaps I'm approaching this in the entirely wrong way. I'm sure you, much like me, have been a newbie to this and made countless careless errors. I'm attempting to get to the point where I can legitimately "value bet", to get there may take a bit of time though.

Am I a dunce for doing this? Perhaps. Time will tell, we shall see.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    that's not really sound reasoning imo. Sounds like you are upping your bet size on plays with the same value.

Betting too little or too many fights isn't possible. A line either has value and you bet it accordingly or it doesnt.

laying off of fights is just leaving money on the table imo.

Points Awarded:

NunyaBidness gave Sideloaded 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.
    Hey, give those back.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

ha Riddle said that "weed probably keeps me from beating my three kids" on a radio show and now the media are running with it and making out like he was serious. Dude is pisssed.... "Me and my kids,anyone that has ever been around me and my family knows I would never hurt them EVER!!! Screw the media and idiots that don't know shit!!! What a sad world we live in "

UFC fighter says weed 'probably keeps me from beating my three kids'

Read more: UFC fighter Matt Riddle says weed 'probably keeps me from beating my three kids' http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/the_ma...#ixzz2KaCLSFxg

Matt Riddle punches John Maguire in the face during their UFC 154 fight in November.
    Matt Riddle is pretty high on the usage of marijuana.
    The UFC fighter joked in an internet radio interview this week that weed “probably keeps me from beating my three kids.” Riddle further ridiculed the state athletic commission rule that treats pot like a performance-enhancing drug. The welterweight was suspended in October for 90 days for testing positive for marijuana metabolites.
    “I've been smoking weed since I was 13 and look at me,” Riddle said on “The Verbal Submission” (via MMA Mania). “I'm in the UFC and I smash people with a smile on my face. It's not a performance-enhancing drug. It makes me relax. It makes me happy. Honestly, it probably keeps me from beating my three kids because they're always screaming and crying at me and my wife's crazy and you know what life's like. It's hard sometimes and honestly, I like to go to my game room and rip a tube and just sit back and relax and enjoy a 20-minute show, go out, see my family, take care of everything I have to take care of, and that's what I do. A lot of people think it's okay to drink a fifth of jack and beat their wife. I don't."
    Obviously, Riddle believes weed should be legalized throughout the United States. It’s not in his native Pennsylvania. Riddle currently trains in Texas and Las Vegas. He spent his adolescence in upstate Saratoga Springs.
    “Let’s be honest,” he said. “It's White America, it's the big man, it's the guy with the money, it's the pharmaceutical companies, it's the alcohol companies that don't want want marijuana legalized and they'll do anything. They'll ridicule it, they've already had slanderous campaigns about it.”
    Riddle also has strong opinions (shocking, right?) about testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) in MMA. TRT is legally administered testosterone to fighters who have less than the normal amount of the substance in their system. Riddle, like many, see it as little more than a loophole in the system. UFC great Vitor Belfort was said to be given a TRT exemption prior to his knockout of Michael Bisping last month.
    "Funny thing about that is steroids aren't on the same level as marijuana,” Riddle said. “You can do steroids in the UFC now, didn't you hear? [TRT] is steroids and you can do steroids as long as you get a doctor's note now. So Vitor Belfort just pops for testosterone and everybody's like, 'Oh, he failed.’ No he didn't, he has a doctor's note so it's okay. And honestly, I think it's ridiculous. The reason why they say I can't use marijuana is because it's a performance-enhancing drug. Okay, I understand that. It's a performance-enhancing drug to you. Whatever. But testosterone isn't? Steroids aren't? And if you're saying I can't smoke because you need to keep other fighters safe or myself safe because I'm too high, don't you think you should keep others safe by not letting people using steroids into the cage? That's how I look at it.”
    Riddle, 27, gets back in the cage next Saturday against Che Mills at UFC on Fuel TV 7 in London. He holds a 7-3-1 record in a rare pro career that has come solely in the UFC. Riddle has always been an entertaining fighter and apparently his views are just as interesting.

Read more: UFC fighter Matt Riddle says weed 'probably keeps me from beating my three kids' http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/the_ma...#ixzz2KaCDJmj9

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Danny Castillo Determined to Bounce Back Against Sass at UFC on Fuel TV 7

BY DUANE FINLEY
    (FEATURED COLUMNIST )
    ON FEBRUARY 8, 2013

2k+ reads

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more storiesNext

In the ultra-competitive world of mixed martial arts, if a fighter is no longer progressing, he will quickly find himself pushed aside.
    The evolution of his skill set is a must, and perhaps even more important than natural talent is a fighter's ability to adapt to the changing tides and continuously hone his craft in the face of adversity. It is a nonstop process and one that all fighters must face. But in some cases, a setback can propel an athlete to greater heights.
    This is the exact path Danny Castillo is looking to travel.
    Over his five-year career, the Team Alpha Male fighter has put together several successful runs in both the UFC and now-defunct WEC lightweight divisions. That being said, each time the 33-year-old has built solid momentum, a misstep has forced him backward.
    Coming into his most recent outing against Michael Johnson at UFC on FX 5, Castillo was riding a three-fight win streak. But after a dominant first round where "Last Call" put the former TUF alum on the deck, "The Menace" bounced back to earn a knockout victory in the second frame.
    Some fighters fold in the face of adversity, but Castillo uses the experience to motivate him to push harder toward achieving his goals. The Sacramento native knows the importance of honest critique, hard work and dedicationall factors which will ultimately make him the fighter he aspires to become.
    "There are a lot of things that have happened to me in the past year," Castillo told Bleacher Report."I've changed my life completely. I've always been completely focused on my career but last year I made a bunch of changes to improve my life. I took alcohol completely out of my life and that was something I really enjoyed. I'm more disciplined as a fighter, my diet is different and now I'm never out of shape.
    Bruce Kluckhohn-USA TODAY Sports
    "Unfortunately things didn't go my way in the last fight. But that is the reason people love MMA because anything can happen. I take the good from every bad situation. The good from that situation is that I was dominating him the entire first round. I just got caught with a punch in the second and it doesn't change the fact I beat the crap out of him for a full five minutes.
    "I feel every fight you see me in I improve in some aspect or another," Castillo added. "My striking is a work in progress and I'm continuing to get better in all aspects of the fight game. I got my brown belt last year and everything is coming along. I was able to work with Richard Perez for that last fight. He did a wonderful job and is an awesome coach. I learned a lot from him. With the addition of Duane Ludwig as the head coach of Team Alpha Male, things are looking brighter and brighter for my future."
    When Castillo attempts to rebound back into the win column, it will come against Paul Sass at UFC on Fuel TV 7 in London, England. The British fighter is a slick submission artist who has earned victories in three out of four showings under the UFC banner, all coming by way of finish on the canvas.
    During his time inside the Octagon, the 24-year-old Team Kaobon-trained fighter has shown an impressive display of heel hooks and leg locks. While those finishes have been highlight worthy, the young Englishman is best known for his signature submission called the "Sassangle," which is a combination of a traditional triangle choke and armbar.
    Castillo comes from a wrestling background and is no stranger to facing jiu-jitsu-based fighters. That being said, he also understands how unique Sass' ground skills are and is prepared for anything the Liverpool native throws his way.
    "Obviously if you have seen Sass fight you know his submission game is really strong," Castillo said. "He comes out using his stand up to get the fight to the ground. I'm expecting him to come forward, throw some crazy shots, and looking to pull guard to work his game. That is basically what I've seen in every single fight he's had in the UFC. That is what I'm counting on.
    Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
    "If for some reason he feels confident in his standup and wants to stand and trade with methat is awesome too. I try to be a well-rounded fighter and I think I've prepared for every aspect of this fight. Submission defense is something I've definitely focused on but it's not as much submission defense as it is submission awareness. If you are aware of the triangle before it gets thrown up then you don't have to fight a triangle off.
    "Basically my mentality for the entire training camp was to see those things coming. He's really tall and lanky and if I can see that submission coming before it is ever thrown up, then I will be in a good position to stop his submission game. At the same time, I don't necessarily want to go to his strengths but if we go there I'll be comfortable. I'd like to keep this fight on the feet but we'll see how it goes. It is a fight and anything can happen."
    The bout with Sass not only comes at crucial juncture of Castillo's career, but at a time when the lightweight division is set to become more competitive than ever before. Over the past three years the UFC's 155-pound weight class has become one of the deepest in the organization, and with a collection of talent coming over from Strikeforce, the battle to gain divisional positioning will intensify.
    Having made the transition from the WEC, the scenario is one Castillo is very familiar with. He knows the challenges on the road ahead will only become more difficult. But with his work ethic and passion to improve, Castillo is eager to showcase his latest progressions.
    "I have a new confidence coming into this fight," Castillo said. "I'm really anxious to get out there and show the improvements I have made. I feel I show progression in every fight. Whether I win or lose; you still see improvement. I don't have an offseason and I'm always working to get better. I want my fans to know I'm working hard for them and that is the reason they support me. They know I'm a hard-worker and I'm looking to crack that top 10 this year.
    "The lightweight division is a shark tank and I believe it is the most talented division in the UFC. It's the deepest division and with the guys coming over from Strikeforce, things are only going to become more competitive. Every fight for me is the biggest fight of my life. I'm not getting any younger. If I'm on a four-fight win streak or have lost back-to-back fightsthey are all important to me. At the end of the day if I don't win I only get one check. I love fighting and competing but I love paying my bills too. Two checks are really important."

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Word up homiez...Grispi's wife is preggerz at moment and is currently in hospital due to complications or sumin. This doesn't bode well for somebody with a fragile mental-state like Grispi
    Vaug you need to be the one who starts the News thread every month. Might make u participate a little more than u do. You come up with some good stuff time and time again.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I don't hold back on my opinion and I make it very clear who I'm backing.
    You really don't. You have excuses and "outs" for any stance you make. Rampage is moderate but you know he is a unmotivated goofball. But if he wasn't a goofball he would murk Tex standing. So you bet on him hoping he would return to form of years ago. Then he loses and you blamed it on him being the goofball we all knew he was and you stick by your "Rampage is a much better striker than Mediocre Tex" Which is false.

Then you laugh at me for saying Gunnar can hang with Jorge anywhere in a fight. But then 2 hours later you say he is a better grappler and can KO Jorge.

You bet moderate on Gunnar one day. But then totally cap him much different the next day. Is that sound gambling? I don't know, I'm no the pro gambler here.

You run circles around yourself.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    You really don't. You have excuses and "outs" for any stance you make. Rampage is moderate but you know he is a unmotivated goofball. But if he wasn't a goofball he would murk Tex standing. So you bet on him hoping he would return to form of years ago. Then he loses and you blamed it on him being the goofball we all knew he was and you stick by your "Rampage is a much better striker than Mediocre Tex" Which is false.

Then you laugh at me for saying Gunnar can hang with Jorge anywhere in a fight. But then 2 hours later you say he is a better grappler and can KO Jorge.

You bet moderate on Gunnar one day. But then totally cap him much different the next day. Is that sound gambling? I don't know, I'm no the pro gambler here.

You run circles around yourself.
    Are you an idiot? If you're going to criticize me for factoring Rampage's physical and mental conditioning into my handicapping, then you're going to have a lot of people to criticize, then, because pretty much everyone on this forum who bet on that fight, on either side, did the same thing.

I said that he potentially could KO Santiago, but that Santiago should have a technical striking edge; he just has a very suspect chin, and Gunnar improves at a very quick rate due to his innate talent. Always the chance he comes out aggressive and finds the finish. Having the possibility of getting the KO doesn't change the fact that Santiago should be the better striker. Not that you'd be aware of that, of course. "I'm no the pro gambler here"; yeah, that's an understatement bud. The level of idiocy it takes to criticize someone for factoring variables such as motivation, conditioning and improvement into their bet-sizing and handicapping is immense. If your parents had used a rubber guard, SBR's average IQ would be up five points right now.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Santaigo will only have the striking advantage coming forward. He turns into a punching bag moving backwards.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Maybe you guys can make your own thread to fight in?

These walls of text just aren't interesting to me. Or if there is a snappy one-liner in there somewhere can you put it in bold or something?

MD

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post

These walls of text just aren't interesting to me. Or if there is a snappy one-liner in there somewhere can you put it in bold or something?
    Are you saying we can't fight in a thread called "UFC On Fuel 7"? What has this world come to? For shame.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

It's well known Gunnar has the bigger hawg

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post

there should be a thread called "wannasuckonit" that will be designated for e-beefs. it will be the only thread where dr. poo will be allowed to post.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vaughany

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Lets keep it cerebal guyz

Beelzebubzy

Sass is an all around talent

Sacrelicious

Sass is a good grappler.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sideloaded

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

hehe

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Both have advantages in having good highlight videos...

Beelzebubzy

Sass beat Michael Johnson who beat last call

line should be -214 sass

Beelzebubzy

Easiest play on the card sponsored by V "no balls"
    barao -320 hedge with mayday ko of the night

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

ha And Castillo hedged with Sass SOTN
    Points Awarded:

Dwil125 gave Vaughany 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Sass beat Michael Johnson who beat last call

line should be -214 sass

KushMoney
    KushMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

I hate Michael McDonald

Barao better fukking dominate.

Paul Sass.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

barao is going to leg kick the shit out of 'mayday"

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Dude is a biiiiiiiiig 135er that's for sure

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Hedgeeee outtttttt dude is big for 135.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Swanson -116 on Pinnacle, better line then on sportbet as I expected...giving myself a Luca Fury pat on the back for tht one! Gonna hold off though, wouldnt be surprised if money comes in on Poirier and Swanson gets closer to Evens later in week

First 123456 ... Last