JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

oh no

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Didn't watch the fight. Sounded like Rounds 2 and 4 were definitely Benavidez with Round 4 being the closest anyone came to finishing the fight. Rounds 1 and 5 sounded like they were definitely Johnson. Round 3 sounded like it was close with Benavidez controlling the octagon and Johnson landing an eye poke and some shots to end the round. Most places had it 48-47 not sure how a judge gets 49-46. Tough loss, wish Benavidez could have finished it in the 4th. I will take it in stride

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Didn't watch the fight. Sounded like Rounds 2 and 4 were definitely Benavidez with Round 4 being the closest anyone came to finishing the fight. Rounds 1 and 5 sounded like they were definitely Johnson. Round 3 sounded like it was close with Benavidez controlling the octagon and Johnson landing an eye poke and some shots to end the round. Most places had it 48-47 not sure how a judge gets 49-46. Tough loss, wish Benavidez could have finished it in the 4th. I will take it in stride
    You can put up 30k in bets but can't pay $49 to watch?

MickChunky
    Dillishaw +715!
    MickChunky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Sorry man, that was a close fight. I thought Mighty Mouse won 1,4,5 but Benavidez dominated 2,3. Still could have gone either way.

You really didn't watch it?

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    You can put up 30k in bets but can't pay $49 to watch?
    Obv the PPV price not the issue. Working and on the road. Just read the online updates after the fight. Not sure I would have wanted to see that anyway. Prob would have thrown up a little after the 5th round.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

yeah could of gone either way man, was close, seen your vid thought you were crazy, that was a closer fight than the odds suggested. Dont go betting 20k on fights like that no more!

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

sorry bro.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Obv the PPV price not the issue. Working and on the road. Just read the online updates after the fight. Not sure I would have wanted to see that anyway. Prob would have thrown up a little after the 5th round.
    These days, I prefer to place the bet and WALK AWAY (unless I'm going to pound it live). I know some guys like to sweat it -- I prefer to let it ride and come back later.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    These days, I prefer to place the bet and WALK AWAY (unless I'm going to pound it live). I know some guys like to sweat it -- I prefer to let it ride and come back later.
    I think the really hardcore guys never even check. Just count on those sklansky bucks building up.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    I'm the same. Had a large wager on Seattle with Felix pitching and after failing to score with runners on the corners and 0 outs in the top of the first, I proceeded to watch a pitcher's duel. Seattle scored a run in the top of the 8th and won 1-0. Got to the point where I was sweating every pitch...was not that much fun. I capped the fight, made my wager knowing I wasn't going to watch it. I've seen Johnson struggle with bigger fighters with power and thought Benavidez would wear him down and take away the speed advantage. Sounded like he had a real shot at finishing the fight in the 4th and the fight was open in the 5th.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    I think the really hardcore guys never even check. Just count on those sklansky bucks building up.
    People's gambling theory tends to reflect the gambling scene they originated in; from what I've seen, your gambling theory seems a lot more traditional than MMA-based (based not just on this post). What sport did you start out betting on? I ask because I started from a non-sports gambling background, and I feel as if my gambling theory has transitioned to MMA betting in such a way that I have very different perceptions of things such as parlays and bankroll management to the majority of people in this forum, many of whom I'm assuming are pure MMA bettors. Wondering if you've had the same experience.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Sorry dude. Bet of luck next time.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Just watched the fight online. FWIW I had Johnson winning 1 & 5, Benavidez winning 2-4 with round 3 being the closest. Was interesting to see that Benavidez got no credit from fight metric or any of the stats departments for his takedown in the 3rd round, albeit it was a brief takedown. On a 10 pt. must scoring system I have no idea how you score it 49-46 Johnson.

That means one judge gave Benavidez only round 2 or only round 4. Pretty sick that Benavidez couldn't finish him with the Alpha Male signature choke. Always bad to lose the 5th round of a close fight as well. While Joe Rogan was drooling over how fast Mighty Mouse was, he failed to mention in a close fight that "Octagon Control" is part of the judging criteria. Running backwards until your back bounces off the cage shouldn't get you credit in those close rounds.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Way to keep your head up bro. Hope you get em back soon.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

sorry about the loss, el nino..you seem to be taking it well..what do you do for a living to not be worried about a 30k loss? I had Johnson winning the fight as Benavidez was a step too slow all fight.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Thanks boys, it's gambling. Taking it the only way I can really. Not going to list my profession on here...but obviously it's not fun to lose a big bet. There are some interesting opportunities in November and a ton of good fights in December that I have been eying (please no injuries!). I hadn't got burned by a big fav in a while, dodged a bullet with the Bendo judging, so maybe this is pay back. We will get 'em next time boys.

P.S. This is a big reason why I like this sub forum the best. Had this been a losing big NFL or NCAAF bet or something, there would have been trolls coming out the wood work...so I appreciate the kind words. Definitely helped soften the blow.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

El Nino's attitude is an inspiration!

probettor1
    probettor1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nino, quit gambling, you dont have the brain to do it, keep betting sbr point and save some money, I guarantee that you will never make a profit. And I will tell you why I know this for a fact:
    1-You are a energy dring junkie, excess level of caffeine cause a constriction in your brain arteries and a rush in adrenaline, the result: Stupid choices.
    2-Gambling is not a game to share with degener on youtube
    3-You dont have time even to watch a game you bet 3 month of salary, you dont have time to handicap anything.
    4-If you compare the success rate of Greg Jackson as a coach vs Uriah Faber, that along was a good reason to be on demetrius Jhonson.
    5-Demetrious Jhonson is the fastest MMA fighter ever in the history of the sport, how can anyone dare to bet vs the fastest guy in history when the guy is almost a heavy underdog.
    6-Smarts guy never bet over 10% of their bankroll, and rarely bet anything over -110.
    7-99% of bettor lose money. 1 % make money, and i suspect that at least half of this 1% has inside info we dont have. Like a friend couching a basketball team, being a couch, being relative or friend to an athlete,being a journalist and getting info before is in the open ....

Crassus

Quote Originally Posted by probettor1 View Post
    Nino, quit gambling, you dont have the brain to do it, keep betting sbr point and save some money, I guarantee that you will never make a profit. And I will tell you why I know this for a fact:
    1-You are a energy dring junkie, excess level of caffeine cause a constriction in your brain arteries and a rush in adrenaline, the result: Stupid choices.
    3-You dont have time even to watch a game you bet 3 month of salary, you dont have time to handicap anything.
    4-If you compare the success rate of Greg Jackson as a coach vs Uriah Faber, that along was a good reason to be on demetrius Jhonson.
    5-Demetrious Jhonson is the fastest MMA fighter ever in the history of the sport, how can anyone dare to bet vs the fastest guy in history when the guy is almost a heavy underdog.
    6-Smarts guy never bet over 10% of their bankroll, and rarely bet anything over -110.
    7-99% of bettor lose money. 1 % make money, and i suspect that at least half of this 1% has inside info we dont have. Like a friend couching a basketball team, being a couch, being relative or friend to an athlete,being a journalist and getting info before is in the open ....
    I've known to be a couch once in a while.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

the usain bolt of mma, if you will.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    the usain bolt of mma, if you will.
    Still think Jason Reinhardt is quicker on his day

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Still think Jason Reinhardt is quicker on his day
    Vaughany, you were kind of rooting for Belfort, you almost got it, but Jon toyed belfort most of the fight, I was ready to trash you but with jon jones injured arm I have to give you some respect

probettor1

I still think that Vaughany is the guy who knows the most about mma in the forum, but his knowledge about top contenders is average, as he spend a lot of time checking fighter no one care about.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Vaughany, you were kind of rooting for Belfort, you almost got it, but Jon toyed belfort most of the fight, I was ready to trash you but with jon jones injured arm I have to give you some respect
    Was I?!

probettor1

Was I?!
    some one asked if jon jones could lose and you said:
    GSP lost to matt serra like the two fights had the same odds to win the underdog. You were kind of comparing gsp with jon jones regarding their chances of losing

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

some one asked if jon jones could lose and you said:
    GSP lost to matt serra like the two fights had the same odds to win the underdog. You were kind of comparing gsp with jon jones regarding their chances of losing
    Doesnt mean tht I was rooting for Belfort tho jus because I said it isn't 100% tht Bones wins! I had Bones inside the distance so would of been a bit retarded to root for his opponent!

probettor1

Doesnt mean tht I was rooting for Belfort tho jus because I said it isn't 100% tht Bones wins! I had Bones inside the distance so would of been a bit retarded to root for his opponent!
    sorry, i didnt see you predictions, you thread is so freaking long that it is almost imposible to find anything. do you even start a new thread for each ufc card?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

sorry, i didnt see you predictions, you thread is so freaking long that it is almost imposible to find anything. do you even start a new thread for each ufc card?
    Nope why would I. If I have a bad night like last night it is there on my record for everybody to see. If u create a new thread for every event the past events get forgotten as thread disappears after an event

probettor1

Nope why would I. If I have a bad night like last night it is there on my record for everybody to see. If u create a new thread for every event the past events get forgotten as thread disappears after an event
    Vaughany, this is stupid, you can not expect people to find your picks in thousand of posts. there should be a way to get it available to every one and not only your daily junkie follower.
    You could have your first post in your endless thread with all your picks. You would need to edit to copy and paste. So you could have each ufc card listed. otherwise your thread is a waste of time for 95% of the members. Most peole want to see your prediction but most wont go through thousands of post to find it. If you find any smart way to do it will be great for the mma fans here.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Vaughany, this is stupid, you can not expect people to find your picks in thousand of posts. there should be a way to get it available to every one and not only your daily junkie follower.
    You could have your first post in your endless thread with all your picks. You would need to edit to copy and paste. So you could have each ufc card listed. otherwise your thread is a waste of time for 95% of the members. Most peole want to see your prediction but most wont go through thousands of post to find it. If you find any smart way to do it will be great for the mma fans here.
    it would not be great for ufc event bc his knowledge about top contenders is average, as he spend a lot of time checking fighter no one care about.

but yes, vaugny great for cage warrior and titan fc.

probettor1

By the was I have been following 2 mma journalist with a winning percent extremely high, especially when both of them are in the same side, last night they got screwed as well. The main thing Jon Jones tko victor, the under here too. But if you think about it, it didnt make too much sense. The under was 1 and a half and his last 5 fights none of them was ended before one round and a half and only one was by KO. Add to that that belfort was training with his partner rashad evans, so he knew what to expect. When cheking stats, the last numbers are the most representative. Victor in the other side has been finish before one and a half only 3 time of of 31 fights. I'm not saying the under was a bad pick, but under the hands of an statistical analysis it might not be worth.

probettor1

Guy I know i have been smashing picks, after the fight ended, but I had a bad night too. i do that because i feel that this is the best way to learn. Looking back and studying what was there to take that wasn't seen.

Crassus

Guy I know i have been smashing picks, after the fight ended, but I had a bad night too. i do that because i feel that this is the best way to learn. Looking back and studying what was there to take that wasn't seen.
    Quit gambling bro, you don't have the brain for it.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Were you drinking an energy dring? It probably affected your brain. You should quit gambling, maybe become a couch.

Your list was not even factual. I think you meant Matt Hume, not Greg Jackson. The video was for entertainment purposes, which you clearly missed, either due to language barrier or IQ level. If you think I made a spur of the moment pick, then I just shake my head at you. I had been capping this fight for at least a month. Stop listening to Joe Rogan, he has a major hard on for Mighty Mouse. Listening to the biased way he called that fight was ridiculous. And Goldie, for all the time he has spent watching fights, knows close to nothing about MMA. Travis Lutter is the Michael Jordan of BJJ...anyone? Johnson is fast, yes...so you automatically do not bet against him? I have seen every WEC event. I Watched Johnson struggle against Page until he gassed, struggle against Uncle Creepy in the first fight. Johnson implemented a sound game plan and there is still an argument to be made that he lost the fight, even though Benavidez did not fight a good fight.

Johnson fought a perfect fight. Literally perfect and he was still nearly finished and won a close split decision. Benavidez became frustrated and started winging wild combos and he did not set up a solid TD attempt using his striking. I envisioned the fight going a lot like round 2 for the entire fight. Benavidez didn't throw kicks or clinch up, any of the things to do against a fast opponent in order to slow them down. What do I know though, I'm just a degenr that lost money on his first UFC card this year who can't profit. I guess those videos where I showed around $14K of profit must have been illusions. Or maybe I didn't drink an energy dring those days. I can't remember, my brain arteries hurt.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Hahahaha

First 12345 ... Last