Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

it seems every fight goes the distance these days, Even with guys who have ko power. Everyone plays it so conservative, no one goes for broke.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

finally we got stellar boxing night with gbp in showtime after that u can turn to hbo ppv for chavez vs martinez, its been a while

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bdolan33 View Post
    it seems every fight goes the distance these days, Even with guys who have ko power. Everyone plays it so conservative, no one goes for broke.
    All the big fights last week ended in KO... even Ward's who hasn't KO'd someone in 3 years prior

JamesKim
    JamesKim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

Chavez Jr doesn't have the 2 strength that Martinez is weak towards: Good counter punching, and accurate/fast jabs.

Chavez Jr won't be able to corner Martinez with that zombie plodding style of his and Martinez will tee off all night. Nobody can get tee off'd by Martinez for 12 rounds and survive. Martinez by ITD, very confident in this one.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Im not sure i ever saw a fighter on 24-7 ever win when he proclaims how great his camp was and how great of shape he is in. Looks like Serg is in for a rough night when the world will be betting on him. Wouldn't be surprised that the first inkling he gets in trouble the bogus ref stops the fight. Only in boxing.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Im not sure i ever saw a fighter on 24-7 ever win when he proclaims how great his camp was and how great of shape he is in. Looks like Serg is in for a rough night when the world will be betting on him. Wouldn't be surprised that the first inkling he gets in trouble the bogus ref stops the fight. Only in boxing.
    It's Tony Weeks... he's usually good with these kinds of situations.
    Also, Mayweather does that all the time? And since 24/7 only does him and Pac......
    Also, Chavez Jr. doesn't have to go down to lose by KO.
    The ref, his corner or my personal favorite, his dad, will stop it

BallaHolic777
    BallaHolic777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

I see 3 dogs I really like tonight. Alcine,Ponce De Leon, and Willie Nelson. Im making a small play on Willie Nelson straight up got him at +230, should be an even money fight to me.He's fighting John Jackson the son of hall of famer Julian Jackson. While he may have inherited his dads punching power, tonight we will find out if he also has his chin.

The Fobfather
    The Fobfather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Most excited I've been for boxing in who knows how long!

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Line was down to -200 Martinez but has gone up to -210 and -220 in some places. Wonder if it will keep going up or drop back down

Dillonious Monk
    Dillonious Monk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3839

Nobody is worried about Martinez being 37 and that JCC is a very good body puncher? It seems like Martinez really wants to hurt this kid and if he fights too aggressively and gives JCC the chance to land some good early body shots, maybe it could catch up to him later in the fight and JCC will be able to get him on the ropes/in the corner easier to land strong barrages of punches...

...and to be honest he really has stricken me as the more arrogant/possibly overconfident of the two...
    Last edited by Dillonious Monk; 09-15-12 at 04:45 PM.

AdamB
    AdamB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 463

Quote Originally Posted by Dillonious Monk View Post
    Nobody is worried about Martinez being 37 and that JCC is a very good body puncher? It seems like Martinez really wants to hurt this kid and if he fights too aggressively and gives JCC the chance to land some good early body shots, maybe it could catch up to him later in the fight and JCC will be able to get him on the ropes/in the corner easier to land strong barrages of punches...

...and to be honest he really has stricken me as the more arrogant/possibly overconfident of the two...
    Martinez getting over aggressive is pretty much the only way JCC should be getting in range in this fight. JCC has no real jab to speak of, just relies on his chin to wade into opponents in order to swarm them. It's very unlikely he walks through Martinez' punches, so he could well get stuck on the outside losing a boxing match, or get finished from trying to get inside. Perhaps if he can last to the later rounds, he can start getting some bodywork in and maybe take over.

hougigo

You worry about age too much. He's doing extraordinarily well for his age and Chavez is sooo damn open all the time with his looping punches and does nothing but stalk. JCC Jr has never faced anybody as mobile as Martinez. Lee was giving JCC Jr. problems and he's nowhere near Martinez's pedigree. The jab and movement gave Jr. troubles all night long. As soon as he gave up the jab and movement and started to trade, he lost.
    Also Junior looked like a damn zombie. He was 172 earlier this week.... he won't have enough in the tank for the later rounds, especially if he bloats up as usual

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Chavez Jr is way too predictable he comes in squared up and loads up combinations he's not a crafty fighter, he's a guy who likes to walk into the action and beat up his opponents with his size. He's not the same as Margarito either, Margarito hits harder throws better than Chavez, Chavez is tough but he's not top tier material, when he's gonna fight Martinez, I see Martinez landing a left hand bomb on Chavez somewhere throughout the fight, he might take it but he won't be the same after it lands.

Tango Down
    Tango Down's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3351

I'm going against popular thought and picking Chavez to pull off the upset.

Everything does point to a Martinez victory on the surface, he's crafty veteran and possesses enough skill to outpoint anyone in the world.

The key to a Chavez victory is the brutal body attack(Martinez has never faced an attack like this before), and underrated ability to throw effective 2-3 punch combinations to the body and head, along with the physical strength to wear down a boxer like Martinez.

Recent Martinez opponents like the Kelly Pavlik for example, are primarily head-hunters, and throw basic 1-2 (jab, straight) all night. They can be out boxed with ease, and Martinez did just that.

Against Chavez however, he' facing a strong kid that will pressure you against the ropes, no matter what. There is no doubt Chavez will land on the body, that is a given, how well can Martinez cope in the later rounds? Martinez might have to stand and trade more than usual to try back off Chavez and hope he can catch JR with a big punch, OR he will use his legs and stay on the outside, but can he effectively last the full 12 rounds?

This is going to be a good fight. May the best man win.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Hannibal

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20517

Martinez by KO or unanimous decision -133

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

JCC is going to get out-classed, bad. He is stepping up to one of the p4p best right now. He has had troubles with average fighters. He leaves himself open. He doesn't appear to train like most all of the best do. He looked like skin and bones at the weigh ins.

Only way JCC wins this is by a very bad decision. I think Martinez knows this and will look to get him out of there...he feels he should stop this kid.

Martinez inside the first 6 rounds.

Imsmarterthanu

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    JCC is going to get out-classed, bad. He is stepping up to one of the p4p best right now. He has had troubles with average fighters. He leaves himself open. He doesn't appear to train like most all of the best do. He looked like skin and bones at the weigh ins.

Only way JCC wins this is by a very bad decision. I think Martinez knows this and will look to get him out of there...he feels he should stop this kid.

Martinez inside the first 6 rounds.
    I could definitely see a bad decision coming up in this one if it goes 12 rounds with mexican independence day and all

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

lets get ready to RUMBLE!!!

Imsmarterthanu

Why the hell did they have to put canelo lopez and chavez martinez on at the same time it's fuckin annoying

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

3 rounds to 0, Martinez!

Imsmarterthanu

chavez sr getting a worried look in his eyes

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Martinez pretty much schooling Chavez Jr right now.

The HOFF

Wish I would have bet Martinez more.

Imsmarterthanu

Please fire that piece of shit referee in the canelo / lopez fight , he is pathetic

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chavez jr. getting real desperate in this fight now. Working the elbows hard in between punches. How isn't the ref catching any of this sh*t ?

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33462

This is awesome. Boy Chavez is getting the hype slapped out of him.

At this point I'd rather see Martinez fight Mayweather at 154 than to see Mayweather/Pacquiao at 147.

The HOFF

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    Please fire that piece of shit referee in the canelo / lopez fight , he is pathetic
    Is Alvarez winning?

Tango Down

Looks like Martinez is on his way to a decision win, good performance by him

Imsmarterthanu

hOLY SHIT

The HOFF

OMG!!!!

Tango Down

wow