sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Edgar was the right side no matter what

If you bet Benson you're square as f-ck. Count your money now because betting like that you will be broke soon. If you layed anything over +100 on that coin flip of a fight you don't know what you're doing.

I may walk away giving the bookie money on Edgar +185 but I hold my head high knowing I'm not a square f-ck like some.
    Last edited by sideloaded; 08-12-12 at 12:18 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bogbat

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

yep, unfortunately have to be happy with the Sklansky Dollars!

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Probably makes up for the BJ money you would have lost if Rory didn't get that cut.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

I made a thread about square wins on bad judges and sharp wins on reasonable judges.

Betting on Bradley to defeat Pac Man was a square win because of the bad judging.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    If you bet Benson you're square as f-ck. Count your money now because because betting like that you will be broke soon. If you layed anything over +100 on that coin flip of a fight you don't know what you're doing.

I may walk away giving the bookie money on Edgar +185 but I hold my head high knowing I'm not a square f-ck like some.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

I'm looking at you dirtyx

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    Probably makes up for the BJ money you would have lost if Rory didn't get that cut.
    Where is all that money you won fading bj against fitch? Oh, thats right.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Creepy.

Kaladarus

Where is all that money you won fading bj against fitch? Oh, thats right.
    That was a push.

Kaladarus

I will give you this one though. I had decent money on Edgar as well.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Creepy.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

To be fair, everything Frankie does gets overvalued because he is a manlet. Rogan was going nuts when frankie was landing glancing blows because it made his shrunken cell tech rooster hard when frankie reached up nearly jumping off the ground to punch Bendo.

It's like the movie "Rudy". The coach humors some manlet and lets him play one meaningless play where the defenders don't even cover him and let him get a meaningless sack because the crowd was cheering for him. The QB was probably laughing when Rudy tackled him like when you let your dog tackle you. But for some reason other manlets find this "inspiring".

This is just like Frankie Edgar fights. Just like BJ Penn fights. Funniest part was when he threw his little manlet hat.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JoshKnows46

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
    To be fair, everything Frankie does gets overvalued because he is a manlet. Rogan was going nuts when frankie was landing glancing blows because it made his shrunken cell tech rooster hard when frankie reached up nearly jumping off the ground to punch Bendo.

It's like the movie "Rudy". The coach humors some manlet and lets him play one meaningless play where the defenders don't even cover him and let him get a meaningless sack because the crowd was cheering for him. The QB was probably laughing when Rudy tackled him like when you let your dog tackle you. But for some reason other manlets find this "inspiring".

This is just like Frankie Edgar fights. Just like BJ Penn fights. Funniest part was when he threw his little manlet hat.
    Valid point, but I just didn't like that slimey swarmy Dana White smiling and high fiving benson saying "you won that f-ckin fight." If Dana thought you won, you probably lost.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wasn't even the worst robbery of the evening.....

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

If you bet Benson you're square as f-ck. Count your money now because betting like that you will be broke soon. If you layed anything over +100 on that coin flip of a fight you don't know what you're doing.

Or you're smart 'cos you knew if Frankie edged it out, Bendo would likely take it, anyway.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    haha

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Valid point, but I just didn't like that slimey swarmy Dana White smiling and high fiving benson saying "you won that f-ckin fight." If Dana thought you won, you probably lost.
    in the post fight conference, dana said he told both fighters he's not a judge

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    Wasn't even the worst robbery of the evening.....
    There were no robberies this evening... Edgar and Herman came close, but no cigar. But seriously, wtf was up with 2 judges giving Shields 30-27? Herman won the first round...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    There were no robberies this evening... Edgar and Herman came close, but no cigar. But seriously, wtf was up with 2 judges giving Shields 30-27? Herman won the first round...
    They must of scored the one brief takedown highly. Herman controlled him against the cage for majority of tht round tho didnt he so fuuuck knows

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

Edgar 48x47! Looks like "somebody" don't want to see Edgar fighting for the belt again...

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

wut? dana lies. Watch the tape cousin.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Not like I was the only one. But I said there is no way in hell you can justify laying close to -200 on Bendo. Their last fight was close. It was going to be a good fight, that is basically all anyone knew. So no clue how -200 was a popular side.

Bendo is still overrated in my opinion and will lose soon. His wrestling is decent. His BJJ is decent. His striking is decent. His cardio very good but not as good as Edgar's. His defense is average. He has good size.

I scored the fight for Edgar as did the majority of people who watched.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Didn't that "manlet" drop Benson?

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    Not like I was the only one. But I said there is no way in hell you can justify laying close to -200 on Bendo. Their last fight was close. It was going to be a good fight, that is basically all anyone knew. So no clue how -200 was a popular side.

Bendo is still overrated in my opinion and will lose soon. His wrestling is decent. His BJJ is decent. His striking is decent. His cardio very good but not as good as Edgar's. His defense is average. He has good size.

I scored the fight for Edgar as did the majority of people who watched.
    I could not believe the money that came in on Benson in that fight. Value was on Edgar for sure. I dropped only a bill on Frankie. Thank God, if I had serious money on that fight I would have killed someone. What a terrible way to lose a bet. On incompetent judges.

rocky16

In the same press conference Edgar said he thought he won and was told by many people he won the fight, then he looked up at Dana for 3 seconds after he said it. Dana knows who won the fight. He can't say Edgar won because it opens up a 3rd fight between those two guys and the UFC just wants to move on.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was actually referring to boxing, but I don't know about that Shields card either

rocky16

No he didn't. Thank god you're not a judge based on your comments on this fight and others.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dude, you are absolutely pathetic. Did you really did call me out in your thread? Wow man, I will take that as a compliment I guess. You really mad though, and I for some reason, find great satisfaction knowing that. LOL....

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

And for the record, I was not impressed by Bendo's performance, nor did I think he won the fight. I got two words for ya - NATE DIAZ.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

NATE THE GR8 DIAAAAAAAAAAAZ

I would hate to bet against Bendo, though. For some reason I believed it when he said he was going to hold the title for a long time.

Could Nate box his way to a win?

This is def Fight of the Night and Fight Goes Distance might be best bet

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I would hate to bet against Bendo, though. For some reason I believed it when he said he was going to hold the title for a long time.

For sureeee

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Henderson would really need to use those leg kicks IMO. We saw what happens when you kick Diaz's skinny legs a lot in the Cerrone fight, although Cerrone has more of a Muay Thai style than Henderson but Benson's kicks are still very solid. Obviously would also need to try and steal rounds with takedowns and clinch work against the cage. Nate doesnt have the movement that Frankie as so it shouldnt be as difficult to grab a hold of him but then at same time Henderson wouldnt have the reach advantage that he had against Frankie so would have to deal with getting peppered in the face in order to close distance.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Henderson would really need to use those leg kicks IMO. We saw what happens when you kick Diaz's skinny legs a lot in the Cerrone fight, although Cerrone has more of a Muay Thai style than Henderson but Benson's kicks are still very solid. Obviously would also need to try and steal rounds with takedowns and clinch work against the cage. Nate doesnt have the movement that Frankie as so it shouldnt be as difficult to grab a hold of him but then at same time Henderson wouldnt have the reach advantage that he had against Frankie so would have to deal with getting peppered in the face in order to close distance.
    Yeah, I don't think Bendo's striking defense is too great. I think Nate will tag him a lot. Does Bendo throw a lot of leg kicks? I know he throws a lot of body kicks. If Bendo stands up for all 5 rounds and abandons his wrestling, I could see him losing 3 rounds. I think if he wants to win, he has to really implement his wrestling. If I were him, I'd be focusing on my ground and pound aspect of the game.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yeah, I don't think Bendo's striking defense is too great. I think Nate will tag him a lot. Does Bendo throw a lot of leg kicks? I know he throws a lot of body kicks. If Bendo stands up for all 5 rounds and abandons his wrestling, I could see him losing 3 rounds. I think if he wants to win, he has to really implement his wrestling. If I were him, I'd be focusing on my ground and pound aspect of the game.
    Yeah body kicks are his thing, but he did seem to abandon them (after Frankie kept catching them in the first fight) and favour the "calf kicks" early on that Rogan was jizzing over. And yeah Benson's defence is not good at all, he seems to rely on his solid chin and seems very casual lacking head movement or footwork. He was successful in the Miller and Guida fights because he constantly pushed forward and set the pace but against Edgar he seemed to go back to how he fought in some fights in WEC where he was quite passive like the Pettis fight

1234 Last