sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

bj is gonna win

Rory mcroidberg has to take the test now!!!!

http://mmajunkie.com/news/29898/rory...of-ufc-152.mma

WAR BJ!!!

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Is that rikishi?

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

AdamB
    AdamB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 463

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    This photo cracks me up every single time.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

fuk up

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    fuk up
    i agree

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure if serious, but Rory Mac will destroy BJ me thinks, I put him at -500, so I will be playing Rory Mac at -300. BJ needs to retire

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyX View Post
    Not sure if serious, but Rory Mac will destroy BJ me thinks, I put him at -500, so I will be playing Rory Mac at -300. BJ needs to retire
    -500? Destroyed? I think you need to retire from posting moronic statements like this.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    -500? Destroyed? I think you need to retire from posting moronic statements like this.
    What, and you think BJ has looked good in his recent fights? I was never a big fan, so maybe I'm just a hater, but how do you see BJ being successful against Rory Mac, especially at 170lbs. BJ is going to get trainwrecked and then smashed via GnP. A flash KO is the only way I see him winning. BJ has gone 1-3 in his last five fights including the draw with Fitch. And he has 3 wins in his last eight fights, He is 33, and the dude needs to retire, period. The numbers speak for themselves. Not to mention BJ has never really been motivated to train to his full potential, similar to Rampage. Don't get so butt hurt simply because I have a different opinion Mr. Balboa.

DublinMeUp
    DublinMeUp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    I think you need to realise it's 2012, BJ doesn't care, Rory is a beast. All adding up to Penn having little to no chance

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

personally capped it at -300. huge bj fan, but i try to be as objective as i can. that said, i was probably still being a little biased. i think all penn fans hold out a little bit of hope that he will come in shape and motivated, even though we should know better by now.

Playmaker
    Playmaker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7537

I saw a pic of BJ last month and he was clearly out of shape...He's never going to learn and if that's the case he should hang it up..

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

BJ doesnt have it in him anymore

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Unlike everyone else on the planet, I think Rory Mac is very over-rated. As soon as he's put against a real competitor, he will get his ass handed to him. The best thing he's got going for him is his size. Granted, he will keep getting better, and even as he is, could beat most guys at 170, mostly 'cos of how huge he is. That alone is the reason he beat Che Mills. Rory was getting beat on the feet, then took the fight down and used his size and power to destroy Mills. He'll probably run through BJ. If BJ is really motivated, he could knock Rory out or submit him. But no one is expecting him to be in shape. I'd really like to see Rory vs Alves.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    The best thing he's got going for him is his size. Granted, he will keep getting better, and even as he is, could beat most guys at 170, mostly 'cos of how huge he is. That alone is the reason he beat Che Mills. Rory was getting beat on the feet, then took the fight down and used his size and power to destroy Mills.
    he really didn't have that big of a size advantage against guys like Pyle or Mills. Most guys are in his range especially with more coming down from 185 like Kampmann, Maia and Aaron Simpson. Either way he will be much bigger than Penn

BallaHolic777
    BallaHolic777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

I dont think BJ has a chance look what macdonald did to nate diaz

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Unlike everyone else on the planet, I think Rory Mac is very over-rated. As soon as he's put against a real competitor, he will get his ass handed to him. The best thing he's got going for him is his size. Granted, he will keep getting better, and even as he is, could beat most guys at 170, mostly 'cos of how huge he is. That alone is the reason he beat Che Mills. Rory was getting beat on the feet, then took the fight down and used his size and power to destroy Mills. He'll probably run through BJ. If BJ is really motivated, he could knock Rory out or submit him. But no one is expecting him to be in shape. I'd really like to see Rory vs Alves.

Really dude... Overrated...? Explain or elaborate on that for me, as this is the first time I have heard RoryMac be called overrated. Granted, there may be a hype train behind him, but I think that is due to his youth, and maybe the fact that he trains with GSP. I will admit that I haven't seen much stand up from him, and that is where I think he may need improvement.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

What, and you think BJ has looked good in his recent fights? I was never a big fan, so maybe I'm just a hater, but how do you see BJ being successful against Rory Mac, especially at 170lbs. BJ is going to get trainwrecked and then smashed via GnP. A flash KO is the only way I see him winning. BJ has gone 1-3 in his last five fights including the draw with Fitch. And he has 3 wins in his last eight fights, He is 33, and the dude needs to retire, period. The numbers speak for themselves. Not to mention BJ has never really been motivated to train to his full potential, similar to Rampage. Don't get so butt hurt simply because I have a different opinion Mr. Balboa.
    Who's butthurt chief? Not me. I've been on Rory's bandwagon since he entered the UFC and pounded him hard at -140 against Condit. People need to be reminded that this is a tough fight for Rory. He's fighting a guy with better hands than him and a guy who has power in his hands. He's also facing a fighter with tremendous TDD and great balance. If Rory's getting lit up on the feet he's going to work for a single ASAP and in the 1st round it just won't come. I think midway through round 2 Penn will start to gas and Rory will take over but he needs to make it to midway 2nd round. You just sound ridiculous when you say Rory should be -500.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rory destroyed Condit.
    Condit got lucky the ref decided to stop that with no time left.
    Rory has improved significantly since then.
    Rory's cardio was the only thing that slowed him down in that fight.
    Rory's cardio has improved.
    BJ has no cardio.
    Condit>BJ in every way.

Not sure how a guy like Nate Diaz and Carlos Condit can not be considered "real competitors", but a CAN like Alves is a real challenge.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Really dude... Overrated...? Explain or elaborate on that for me, as this is the first time I have heard RoryMac be called overrated. Granted, there may be a hype train behind him, but I think that is due to his youth, and maybe the fact that he trains with GSP. I will admit that I haven't seen much stand up from him, and that is where I think he may need improvement.
    I'm not saying he isn't a really good fighter, because he is... and always improving... but he's not as good as everyone makes him out to be. His size plays the biggest factor. If his last opponent Che Mills had the same size/strength as him, Rory would have gotten knocked out in the very first round. His ability to take smaller/weaker guys down and control them (i.e. Che Mills, Nate Diaz) is what makes him look good. With Rumble gone, he is now the biggest guy at 170. To see what kind of a fighter he really is, he needs to fight an Erick Silva. IMO, only a few guys at 170 might be able to give him problems.
    Last edited by gabe; 07-28-12 at 01:35 PM.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    Rory destroyed Condit.
    BJ has no cardio.
    Condit>BJ in every way.

Not sure how a guy like Nate Diaz and Carlos Condit can not be considered "real competitors", but a CAN like Alves is a real challenge.
    Did this guy just call Thiago Alves a can? ahahahahahahhahahaha alright, buddy. The guy with the sickest leg kicks in the division is a can. Uh huh...keep sharing your opinions, I'm sure everyone is listening...

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Did this guy just call Thiago Alves a can? ahahahahahahhahahaha alright, buddy. The guy with the sickest leg kicks in the division is a can. Uh huh...keep sharing your opinions, I'm sure everyone is listening...

Kaladarus is a certified retard

bj is going to record the first death in the ufc

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

heard some crazy bj penn street fight stories from one of his childhood friends the other day-- bj don't **** around!!!!!!!!!!!!

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

BJ just shit on Jon Fitch LOL

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    Kaladarus is a certified retard

bj is going to record the first death in the ufc

love it. can we get the underwater rock-running video next?

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

I'm not saying he isn't a really good fighter, because he is... and always improving... but he's not as good as everyone makes him out to be. His size plays the biggest factor. If his last opponent Che Mills had the same size/strength as him, Rory would have gotten knocked out in the very first round. His ability to take smaller/weaker guys down and control them (i.e. Che Mills, Nate Diaz) is what makes him look good. With Rumble gone, he is now the biggest guy at 170. To see what kind of a fighter he really is, he needs to fight an Erick Silva. IMO, only a few guys at 170 might be able to give him problems.
    Erick Silva would be a great match up for him. Totally forgot about him. I want to see that fight.

Thor4140

Thor4140

Did u ever hear of adjustments in a fight. Mills strong suit is his standup so i guess u wanted Rory to just bang away with him and see if could out last him. The kid made the proper adjustments and this is what great fighters do and a kid doing this shows what a future he has.

Thor4140

BJ has eight weeks to train. He knows this kid is dangerous. BJ will come in shape. We all know he isn't the most motivated guy in the world. He will be for this fight guaranteed. If there is that slight chance he isn't a mysterious injury could pop up. I doubt it tho. Problem with BJ is that he like Rampage don't stay in shape and then turn it up in camp. They like to have fun with their down time and then turn it up in camp. Guys like Rory are in shape all the time.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

BJ will probably gas and lose the last 2 rounds.

Who knows with him. Rory should be favored and is. Placing a bet on Penn is truly gambling.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rory got rocked by Che Mills on the feet and was able to recover which means BJ's power probably won't be an issue. It's not like BJ even has above average power at LW let alone at 170. I thought this line would be moving in only one direction but I underestimated the BJ nuthuggery.

Does anyone think Rory will be able to finish him via gnp? If BJ loses this we will probably hear all kinds of excuses from his fans and camp. "Rory's back pimples popped and created a grease like effect which prevented BJ from locking up submissions".

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1944

BJ is still in the age range to still fight as an MMA fighter. I didn't take BJ seiously when he said he wanted to retire.

Usually past the age of 36 years old or greater is when a fighter is about to retire.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
    Rory got rocked by Che Mills on the feet and was able to recover which means BJ's power probably won't be an issue. It's not like BJ even has above average power at LW let alone at 170. I thought this line would be moving in only one direction but I underestimated the BJ nuthuggery.

Does anyone think Rory will be able to finish him via gnp? If BJ loses this we will probably hear all kinds of excuses from his fans and camp. "Rory's back pimples popped and created a grease like effect which prevented BJ from locking up submissions".
    lol. i'm having a hard time seeing rory get a TKO. bj is a tough one to finish in a 3 round fight. even a gassed bj stays active enough to avoid a ref stoppage. rory would probably need to get him in a crucafix for the tko.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    Rory destroyed Condit.
    BJ has no cardio.
    Condit>BJ in every way.

Dude go watch the fight again. Rory won the first two rounds but the word destroy is comical. Yeah he won them. One was really close and the other he won but not anything special. Round three he got destroyed.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    BJ is still in the age range to still fight as an MMA fighter. I didn't take BJ seiously when he said he wanted to retire.

Usually past the age of 36 years old or greater is when a fighter is about to retire.
    but you have to consider bj comes from money. his family is wealthy. he doesnt need money from fighting, which is generally why fighters fight. he doesnt like certain aspects of training, he likes to eat burgers, etc etc. i think if bj could stay competitive without having to train/diet like a full time fighter, he would keep fighting.

1234 ... Last