angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Askren's scrambling is SICK!

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

What a beautiful night! i freerolled Lima and sweep the other bets! (minus some parlays)

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Lima's dead. All Askren.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Wasn't a lot of Askren backers for some reason?

Guy just dominates.

Wish I would have gone LARGE.

+2 units tonight for me.

Looking forward to next weekend's fights! Have a great Easter weekend everyone!

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

may not have made much difference,but i thought that lima might have more of a gameplan other than back into the fence and throw an uppercut........his lack of movement surprised me...

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post

Guy just dominates.

+2 units tonight for me.

I feel like after losing Alvarez and Warren there's no faith in the old-league (pre-MTV2) champs. They were fighting when Bellator was far from where it is today and now with more and more talented fighters attracted to Bellator, the champions will lose a lot more often.

Plus, Lima KO'ed Ben Saunders which was awesome. I'll admit I got swayed here for Lima, I knew what was going to happen but I also KNEW that Alvarez would school Chandler.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Gotta respect Askren for his ability to control fights like tht

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Guy just dominates.

+2 units tonight for me.

askren is like chael sonnen and joe warren, i.e., their style plus their attitude makes people root against them. shouldnt let personal feelings affect your bets, but ill admit i let it influence my decision here.

anyone going to the bellator next weekend in atlantic city?? i'm contemplating it...

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Gotta respect Askren for his ability to control fights like tht
    yup. im not sure bellator has a legitimate challenger for askren right now.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

gotta say i feel retarded for not being heavier on askren. was way too heavy on sandro.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Was close to Pounding Adkren at -200. Just couldnt pull the trigger.

GNI
    GNI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 726

ya thats crazy

fosho14
    fosho14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by fosho14 View Post
    askren's likely to be consistent and soft.
    And soft he was! Good job Askren, that was very thrilling and exciting to watch. Look forward to your next snoozer borefest. I love how after the fight he made it sound like he beat lima half to death or something lol. No bro, he looked fine... and for being on top of someone for that long it's sad that there was virtually zero damage. Why don't you come to the ufc and see how things pan out for you with that ONE SINGLE DIMENSION of a skill. It won't fly and you'd get murked quickly. Unfortunately I doubt we'll ever see that day.

Oblivian
    Oblivian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 721

I actually bet all dogs for this event. In retrospect, I think that was the right move on everything but Askren/Lima. I got Lima at +300, but it is apparent that line wasn't as good as it appeared. Lima used no footwork and got backed into the fence so easily. He seemed to completely rely on his chances for one big punch, mainly the right uppercut. On the ground, he was looking way too much for the sub or sweep when he should have worried about getting back up. His stock drops big time due to the lack of fight IQ that he showed.

Sandro never seems to impress me. Although I bet against him, I still thought he had it a clear 29-28, but that was more due to Popo looking poor rather than Sandro looking good. I felt Popo showed poor fight IQ there as well since he consistently relied on the same counter left hook. The counter was thrown way too late almost every time. Very predictable.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    I actually bet all dogs for this event. In retrospect, I think that was the right move on everything but Askren/Lima. I got Lima at +300, but it is apparent that line wasn't as good as it appeared. Lima used no footwork and got backed into the fence so easily. He seemed to completely rely on his chances for one big punch, mainly the right uppercut. On the ground, he was looking way too much for the sub or sweep when he should have worried about getting back up. His stock drops big time due to the lack of fight IQ that he showed.

Sandro never seems to impress me. Although I bet against him, I still thought he had it a clear 29-28, but that was more due to Popo looking poor rather than Sandro looking good. I felt Popo showed poor fight IQ there as well since he consistently relied on the same counter left hook. The counter was thrown way too late almost every time. Very predictable.
    Agree.

I'd take Popo in a rematch as long as he abandons that wonky counter left hook. Sandro backers were sucked in on that one.

Not sure why so many jumped so heavily on Lima at +300 - his fight with Jeese Juarez was enough to keep me away. Askren dropping to -200 was criminal.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by fosho14 View Post
    And soft he was! Good job Askren, that was very thrilling and exciting to watch. Look forward to your next snoozer borefest. I love how after the fight he made it sound like he beat lima half to death or something lol. No bro, he looked fine... and for being on top of someone for that long it's sad that there was virtually zero damage. Why don't you come to the ufc and see how things pan out for you with that ONE SINGLE DIMENSION of a skill. It won't fly and you'd get murked quickly. Unfortunately I doubt we'll ever see that day.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

lol who called horodecki the lock of the card??

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Horodecki peaked at 20 years old.

Richman's hands were way undervalued there, especially after how good they looked against Morgan Sickinger.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    lol who called horodecki the lock of the card??
    I did . Complete misfire on my part.

fosho14

Hey at least you own up to it man, I respect that! Some ppl make excuses or even worse deny the bets or "picks" they previously stated on here refusing to admit fault or admit their total negative picks rather than just positives. At least you probably came out of this with some kind of lesson. Hope ufc on fuel 2 works out better for ya dude.

Oblivian
    Oblivian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 721

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    I did . Complete misfire on my part.
    If you ever get to feeling down, just think about me feeling Phan was close to a lock against Hettes.

Vitooch
    Dayman

I actually didnt even end up playing horodecki, but calling it a lock was foolish. Parlaying Ueda with Sandro was a huge mistake which I regret (i tried to find value in a line that I knew didnt have any). Same with Rodrigo Lima. The only picks I was happy with was Sandro and Douglas Lima. In the future I need to show a little more care and patience instead of making plays just for the extra action. i have a hopefully strong play lined up for Bellator 65 and a few good ones for UFC on Fuel

fosho14

Sounds good

Vitooch
    Dayman

Fitch is not one dimensional. He outstruck Alves in that fight. Rewarch it.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    Geez I was dead wrong about Horodecki....good thing I stayed away from that fight
    same here, and the scary thing is that I would have played him under -400... luckily he never reached that and was never even put up on my book site as it was a prelim.... Great example of how overvalue and paying that kind of juice on a questionable fighter can bite you in the arse...
    Last edited by MMAbetMASTA; 04-10-12 at 09:16 PM.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    may not have made much difference,but i thought that lima might have more of a gameplan other than back into the fence and throw an uppercut........his lack of movement surprised me...
    indeed, very disapointed with lima in that fight, he looked horrible and the opportunities he did have, albiet limited opportunities, he royally fuckked up on... there were a few times he should have just stood instead of jumpiing for a sub or top position. And he looked tired, and overall looked like he didn't have his heart in it. Very disapointing and I hate ben even more lol

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Askren by Decision.

First ... 2345