paulll
    paulll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 644

Sometimes I catch myself thinking that the owners of bitcoins are gray-haired people

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Bitcoin crash opens door to a tax loophole for investors

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/25/bitc...investors.html
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9245

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Bitcoin crash opens door to a tax loophole for investors

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/25/bitc...investors.html
    Wow, that's not a loophole, that's a gaping chasm.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90350

Quote Originally Posted by paulll View Post
    Sometimes I catch myself thinking that the owners of bitcoins are gray-haired people
    Because they are wise?

What a weird statement out of the blue.

Lol

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24911

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Because they are wise?

What a weird statement out of the blue.

Lol

PI, what do u think of BCH right now? Is $724 too cheap? You buying? Or just holding? Gd Lk, pal.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    PI, what do u think of BCH right now? Is $724 too cheap? You buying? Or just holding? Gd Lk, pal.
    I actually traded 1 coin for Ada same price and got 450 Ada Coins

Getting a payout now to replace that bitcoin cash coin.

I never lost anything So far on BCH. Very stable if you ask me. Only profits from here.

However with that swap I got more money now with Ada rising.

So keeping an eye on both.

ChuckyTheGoat

I actually traded 1 coin for Ada same price and got 450 Ada Coins

Getting a payout now to replace that bitcoin cash coin.

I never lost anything So far on BCH. Very stable if you ask me. Only profits from here.

However with that swap I got more money now with Ada rising.

So leaping an eye on both.
    Good stuff! Yeah, ADA on the rise.

kimwash78
    kimwash78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4272

Little Rabbit (LTRBT)

this bitcoin its climbing each day

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1300

Quote Originally Posted by mattyicey View Post
    website looks horrid , but ill do some research , slightly intrigued to get into farming , havent done much research on pancake swap and all these swap tokens yet

edit: i see its at presale 2 1BNB for 28k cerberus ? and farming starts may 27th?
    u missed the presale. So now you would have to buy at the listing price which is at . 14~ cents. presale buyers got in at 15% discount. Was not a big sell off it ** sitting at over 1 million. The farming and auto staking starts tomorrow.

biggie12

Quote Originally Posted by kimwash78 View Post
    Little Rabbit (LTRBT)

this bitcoin its climbing each day
    website is down.. telegram doesn't seem to have much traffic. Also they don't have a dex everything says coming in 4th quarter DYOR.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

So what’s the story with taxes and crypto? Heard an interview with Hockinson of ADA and he sounded concerned that Biden is setting up some things behind scenes to kill crypto and that has more to do with recent crash than anything else.

ChuckyTheGoat

Wanted to chime in w/ some Bitcoin news, just in case anyone missed it:

*In last few days...Ray Dalio and Carl Icahn said they are in (or want to get into) Bitcoin. Also, Apple posted a job that indicates they want to accept Bitcoin payments in the near future.

This has to be bullish news. These guys wipe their a$$ with $100 bills and don't even blink at spending $1Billion.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pimike

mattyicey
    mattyicey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2066

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    u missed the presale. So now you would have to buy at the listing price which is at . 14~ cents. presale buyers got in at 15% discount. Was not a big sell off it ** sitting at over 1 million. The farming and auto staking starts tomorrow.
    ya ive been watching the progress , i seen pre sale .10 and its hovering around .14-.16 , farming starts tomorrow 10AM EST , i want to see where the APR is, i see its 4-8 hour harvest lockups which should help against dumping but well see , keep me posted how it goes . Best of luck

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19239

A couple of stories from today's CryptoCompare newsletter:

PayPal To Let Users Withdraw Crypto From Its Platform

PayPal is planning on allowing users to withdraw cryptocurrency bought on its platform to third-party wallets. The company started letting users buy, sell, and hold crypto back in October, but it currently doesn’t let them move their holdings off its platform.

The news was revealed during CoinDesk’s Consensus 2021 conference, in which PayPal executive Jose Fernandez da Ponte said the firm wants to make it “as open as possible, and we want to give choice to our consumers, something that will let them pay in any way they want to pay.” He added:

“They want to bring their crypto to us so they can use it in commerce, and we want them to be able to take the crypto they acquired with us and take it to the destination of their choice.”

When the functionality is coming isn’t clear, however. Addressing rumors PayPal wants to launch its own stablecoin, he said it’s “way too early.”
    Billionaire Investor Carl Icahn Hints He May Invest in Crypto in a ‘Big Way’

Billionaire investor Carl Icahn has revealed he is interested in investing in the cryptocurrency space in a “big way” and could buy over $1 billion worth of crypto.

Icahn noted that while he hasn’t bought any cryptocurrency yet, he has been studying Bitcoin, Ethereum, and the crypto sector as a whole to find where the opportunities are. Cryptocurrencies, he added, are gaining popularity as a natural manifestation of inflation.

The activist investor said criticism around cryptocurrencies having no underlying value is “a little wrong-headed,” and added:

“Well, what’s the value of a dollar? The only value of the dollar is because you can use it to pay taxes. I’m looking at the whole business, and how I might get involved in it.”

He also claimed he believes some people are looking at cryptocurrencies because some equities are being traded at “ridiculous prices,” with a number of companies having an “absurd” risk outweighing potential rewards.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    So what’s the story with taxes and crypto? Heard an interview with Hockinson of ADA and he sounded concerned that Biden is setting up some things behind scenes to kill crypto and that has more to do with recent crash than anything else.
    Taxes shouldn't be a problem. Rich and Wise always find a way to avoid taxes.

navyblue81

Ethereum starting to boom away from the others. Got some good news from investors like Jim Bianca this morning that said Eth future is perhaps the best of any crypto out there.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

ChuckyTheGoat

Ethereum starting to boom away from the others. Got some good news from investors like Jim Bianca this morning that said Eth future is perhaps the best of any crypto out there.
    There are some ETH lovers in the community, for sure. Do you understand the impact of tokens being burnt? Trying to wrap my head around that.

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2132

Anyone think will still hit 100k by end of year? Im just praying for 60 again.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9245

The day that plan was announced a couple of projects were proposed that would allow bitcoin investors to swap holdings into a pegged value coin and borrow US$ against it, instead of "selling".

Completely negating Biden's plan within 24 hours of hearing about it.

The more the traditionalists fight in traditional ways the quicker they will learn they are no longer in control.

navyblue81

There are some ETH lovers in the community, for sure. Do you understand the impact of tokens being burnt? Trying to wrap my head around that.
    I have some $$$ in Eth. Most is in ADA. But I think Eth is better long term hold than btc. But that’s just me. I just believe eco friendly crypto more the way to go. I don’t know much about xrp. Have heard mixed things on that of late. I do like some of the Btc mining stocks long term, MARa and Riot.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    The website is a fukking disaster, took about 15 attempts to get the farming and lp tokens in. With the difficulty it took to get it setup I don't anticipate seeing any of it again in getting it out

biggie12

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    The website is a fukking disaster, took about 15 attempts to get the farming and lp tokens in. With the difficulty it took to get it setup I don't anticipate seeing any of it again in getting it out
    doesn't look too promising right now but it's at its floor since the first harvest is up. the website was overloaded like craY this morning McGrady took me like half an hour to stake

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DISTROYA View Post
    Anyone think will still hit 100k by end of year? Im just praying for 60 again.
    May be hard to hit 60 again. To much against it right now.

ChuckyTheGoat

May be hard to hit 60 again. To much against it right now.
    PI...tell me you wouldn't piss yourself if u woke up tomorrow morning...and saw BTC at 60,000!

Haha, have a nice holiday wkend, pal.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

PI...tell me you wouldn't piss yourself if u woke up tomorrow morning...and saw BTC at 60,000!

Haha, have a nice holiday wkend, pal.
    I would be extremely excited.

Lol

Holding but believe we will have a delay on the big run It’s coming I know it. When ? Idk

But illl be holding and funding more in ADA

Lol

Real bullish on that.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Hope everybody in here has a great safe Memorial Day weekend!

Enjoy CTG
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Shorting btc is likely a good move now. Expecting the price to fall to ~25K soon.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

My recent calculations have bitcoin going down to $3 by Monday morning.

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Hope everybody in here has a great safe Memorial Day weekend!

Enjoy CTG
    Cheers Mike! BBQing and surfing all weekend over here.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    Cheers Mike! BBQing and surfing all weekend over here.
    Wow, that sounds awesome.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30480

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    There should be some strong resistance at $5 though
    Points Awarded:

MickeyMan gave asiagambler 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    The day that plan was announced a couple of projects were proposed that would allow bitcoin investors to swap holdings into a pegged value coin and borrow US$ against it, instead of "selling".

Completely negating Biden's plan within 24 hours of hearing about it.

The more the traditionalists fight in traditional ways the quicker they will learn they are no longer in control.
    this...it's like trying to stop a 100 car train going 50 mph by standing on the tracks holding your hand in the air

PromiseLand
    PromiseLand's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post

Since you’ve been on the sidelines during the entire game. What market do you invest your money in rather ?

Bitcoin

You’re about to lose a shit load of money then homie.

navyblue81

I actually got out of all crypto this morning. Not for good, but I think the next week could be rough. Seems I timed it right. I got out of Cardano at 1.60 and Eth at 2,500. I think Eth could dip below 2,000 this weekend.

We’ll see. I want to get back in because I think it’s gonna go up in the future, but short term could bleed really bad.

First ... 100101102103104105106 ... Last