jaxjonesdrew32
    jaxjonesdrew32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Based on the system, I think the following bets are what we will be playing:

04/09/10 (Friday)

Rockies (Padres visiting)
    Angels (A's visiting)
    D'Backs (Pirates Visiting)

trevlyn1983
    trevlyn1983's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

GJ TOnight

dvb02
    Update your status
    dvb02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1790

Quote Originally Posted by jaxjonesdrew32 View Post
    Based on the system, I think the following bets are what we will be playing:

04/09/10 (Friday)

Rockies (Padres visiting)
    Angels (A's visiting)
    D'Backs (Pirates Visiting)
    and probably Mets (Washington)

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Can someone tell me who we are officially playing?

sapidoc
    oddsfire
    sapidoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 712

stingy should post what he plans on playing the weekend soon. When he does, use that as your guide. He will post again when the lines come out most likely for the exact bet.

do5000
    do5000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 681

Quote Originally Posted by dvb02 View Post
    and probably Mets (Washington)
    yup those should be all the plays.

now we've got a few days to sit back and relax...

reverend
    reverend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Fridays system plays will probably include:

Detroit (Cleveland visiting)
    Colorado (SD visiting)
    Mets (Wash visiting)
    Angels (Oak visiting)
    Arizona (Pit visiting)

I will also be looking at playing: (outside the system)

Boston (visiting KC)
    Philadelphia (visiting Houston)

That looks like a solid 7-0 card for the weekend!

Cosmo213
    Cosmo213's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4649

Technically NY Yankees @ Tampa Bay is another system play but nobody's mentioned it. I guess people are afraid the Yankees can sweep them? That being said there are already plenty of teams to play on / against so we could skip it.

jolmscheid
    jolmscheid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sting...let us know when the plays are final..thanks!

SkivChef
    SkivChef's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big week, 11 plays. WOW!

IWinMyBets
    Another Win!
    IWinMyBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 166

Quote Originally Posted by reverend View Post
    Fridays system plays will probably include:

Detroit (Cleveland visiting)
    Colorado (SD visiting)
    Mets (Wash visiting)
    Angels (Oak visiting)
    Arizona (Pit visiting)

I will also be looking at playing: (outside the system)

Boston (visiting KC)
    Philadelphia (visiting Houston)

That looks like a solid 7-0 card for the weekend!

Am I missing something here Rev?
    This is the first mention I have seen of Detroit or Cleveland mentioned in any of the Home/Away No Sweep system?
    Is this a personal play?
    Last edited by IWinMyBets; 04-08-10 at 12:59 AM. Reason: spelling

DeHoyos
    DeHoyos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Hey Stingy what about a the LAD series is that worth a two game chase??

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Quote Originally Posted by IWinMyBets View Post
    Am I missing something here Rev?
    This is the first mention I have seen of Detroit or Cleveland mentioned in any of the Home/Away No Sweep system?
    Is this a personal play?
    Bet against Cleveland on the road, that is why

justchecking
    justchecking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Hi There

Hi Stingy;

Haven't seen a post from you in a couple of days, are we still on target for
    plays Friday ?

Thanks,
    Steve

reverend

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    Bet against Cleveland on the road, that is why
    Exactly.

This is a play against Cleveland on the road. But at the same time, Detroit is in that ranking of 5th-10th type team who has a great chance to go undefeated at home. I really like this play!

reverend

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo213 View Post
    Technically NY Yankees @ Tampa Bay is another system play but nobody's mentioned it. I guess people are afraid the Yankees can sweep them? That being said there are already plenty of teams to play on / against so we could skip it.
    Great point. Tampa Bay would be a "system" play if you are going 100% by the book, but I think we have realized that there are 150+ solid looking series to bet on this season, which allows us the opportunity to "pass" on a series if we feel like it.

Now some may choose to play this system. I do believe that TB will win at least 1 game, and would think they will win 2 of 3.

Perfect example for skipping a series is this past series with the Yanks at Boston. We did get the game 1 win, but that very very easily could have been a loss. Which would have given the Yanks the sweep. Looking back, that is probably a series we could have laid off of. It really just boils down to how much risk you comfortable with.

dogs1972
    dogs1972's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 624

It very well could be that we have not heard from Stingy because he clearly stated in his 1st post that be wanted this thread to be for the picks and results only and not discussion and speculation of future plays and there's more than enough discussion and speculation on here. I don't know, but he may be pissed that we are disrespecting his request.

dvb02
    Update your status

Stingy, let's get us some money today!!!!!!!

do5000

Quote Originally Posted by dogs1972 View Post
    It very well could be that we have not heard from Stingy because he clearly stated in his 1st post that be wanted this thread to be for the picks and results only and not discussion and speculation of future plays and there's more than enough discussion and speculation on here. I don't know, but he may be pissed that we are disrespecting his request.
    i agree 100% (and ive been guilty of this as well).
    it makes it tough for people to follow his picks when the thread is so cluttered.

GGPLAYER
    GGPLAYER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7549

Or he could just not have had time to post yet. Listen I have been on SBR long enough to know that once a thread gets going nobody is going back to the first page and reading anything. On top of that having 2-3 threads going to discuss and post plays for the same subject is a little confusing. No way we're going 5 months with people jumping back and forth between threads to discuss and look for posted plays. Questions and requests asked today will be asked again in 2 weeks and then again 2 weeks after that. It's just the way it goes around here.

dogs1972

Well, I suggest someone who knows and understands the system run with it, because no matter what the reality of post and questions being repeated over and over.....we didn't get the official plays from him. Somebody step up.

AQaran
    AQaran's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not getting any picks 2day???

sapidoc
    oddsfire

Well, I suggest someone who knows and understands the system run with it, because no matter what the reality of post and questions being repeated over and over.....we didn't get the official plays from him. Somebody step up.
    GAME (A) BET - Colorado Rockies
    GAME (A) BET - New York Mets
    GAME (A) BET - Arizona D-Backs
    GAME (A) BET - LAA Angels

All are "to win" 1-unit. (depends on what you decided to risk with the system).

I know a lot of people "like" plays and think there's value in other games. But this is the list based on stingy's original new discussion thread:

Quote Originally Posted by stingyrivers View Post
    all I can say is according to the rules of this system, if you made this series chase on Bos, NYY, LAA, LAD, CWS and TB at every home series last year, you were 114 - 0 and if you faded Pitt, Wash, KC, Hou, SD on the road last year you were 100 - 0
    Enjoy.
    Points Awarded:

dwTaxes gave sapidoc 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Sapidoc--thanks for stepping up--Is Tampa filtered out because they are playing the yanks (good team playing good team)

sapidoc
    oddsfire

Quote Originally Posted by khaden View Post
    Sapidoc--thanks for stepping up--Is Tampa filtered out because they are playing the yanks (good team playing good team)
    Yes, exactly.

I know Stingy played BOS early on against NYY. And he did mention there would be potential 'hand-picked' games as part of the system. I personally did not play this game since I felt:

1) We are in the first two weeks of the system, which people were on and off about playing anyway
    2) Are we honestly going to fade NYY's away games this season when they play our home favs? I'm not.
    3) If you are worried about missing that unit, you could always play 2x unit when we have one of our HOME favs against one of our AWAY fades. <-- more juice obviously, but if we see a sweep there, then we were lost on this system from the start.

Also, I want to state the following:

Stingy
    I'm posting these picks here because a lot of people have asked. This is still Stingy's system and his thread. I don't want to intrude on what he has done here. But Stingy, seriously, you let people down by missing the 'official post' for you system plays today. If you ever come back I will step down and its all yours, but for now I want to help these guys out that are still interested in what you spent a lot of time back-testing and figuring out. We all appreciated your hard work.

Everyone Else
    I am doing this system to the fullest extent this season. I am being extremely serious about it. I am tracking everything I do in a separate spreadsheet and will be posting here as I go (as long as stingy remains MIA) -- I may end up making a new thread to continue the picks if stingy does not return for a while, but for now I will keep things contained here.

I check lines all the time, track their movement and closing values- and I'm all over opening lines. there is a TON of value missed when you don't hit an opening line. Especially since we are playing HOME favs this early on in the season I can only see things getting worse from the opening line. This may change, but for now (for example) 3 out of 4 system plays that we had opened at a far better price then you can get them right now.

I hope its going to be a great season. If not, well, it will certainly be entertaining. Just save your last $s for a case of beer for the May long-weekend and have a good story to tell your buddies at the cottage.

Cheer for our teams tonight boys. Good luck!

dogs1972

sapidoc....good man. Thank u.

justchecking
    justchecking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Thank you for stepping in it is much appreciated

dwTaxes
    dwTaxes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Another thanks for stepping in sapidoc.

sapidoc
    oddsfire

Quote Originally Posted by dwTaxes View Post
    Another thanks for stepping in sapidoc.
    Thanks for the points dw! Very Appreciated!

do5000

Quote Originally Posted by sapidoc View Post

All are "to win" 1-unit. (depends on what you decided to risk with the system).

I know a lot of people "like" plays and think there's value in other games. But this is the list based on stingy's original new discussion thread:

Enjoy.

I also bet CHW, TB and DET.

SkivChef
    SkivChef's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sapidoc, u do great work! i'm lookin forward to following u. where the hell is stingy, i have bail money. one question-why didnt u play detroit? just wonderin. keep up the great work.

dvb02
    Update your status

sapidoc, Nice job. I will help with the plays if you would like. anyway, thanks for stepping up.

reverend

hey guys...great start.

i am sitting at 12-0 (+13 Units) through these first 2 series...won 4 A bets today. I am going to play a few more series than what the rules call for in this system, but I would like some feedback in my thread through the season!

GL this weekend.

allison13
    allison13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Thanks Sapidoc

sapidoc
    oddsfire

Results:

Today's Bets

GAME (B) BET - LAA Angels

Remember to chase this B bet to include the loess you took on the Angel's yesterday + 1 unit.

First 123456 ... Last