sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Sosa Soriano the Money Player baseball tracker

Money Player: A hitter (or pitcher) that can get the job done in that “do or die” moment

Money player is just a neat nickname. I'm not sticking my chest out like I'm Scotty 2 Hotty. I just wanna track my plays my way papa. Ok? Ight

First things first my walk up music

Alrighty then. I like playing dogs & occasionally some favorites. Mostly national league plays. Some American League showdowns here & there. Usually tend to stay away from the worst 10 or so teams. I bet based on principles set forth prior to the season but I do reach sometimes cuz I’m only human. This is my first year preparing to bet a full season too. It’s a marathon for me now. I was a go big or go home - weekend trips to Vegas type dude. But that shit is just not fun any more man. Not worth the stress & you can’t ever replicate the feeling of winning your first big ticket. My normal plays will be $50 & $100. Max play is $300.

I’ve been at it since Opening Day and it’s been a successful season so far but a couple knucklehead hoop plays hurt my profits. I cashed out about $60 bucks profit from my account to buy a Mother’s Day gift & also bought bulk Dr Bronner soap & bulk almonds at Sprouts on sale. I got enough to last me til fall. Hell yeah.

So I am back to the start line. The marathon continues. Lets get it!!!

sosawestbrook

5/15

2 of em today

NYM/WSH O8 -112 / 56 to win 50
    Red Sox -1.5 +150 / 50 to win 75

sosawestbrook

5/16

Nats +127 / 50 to win 63.50

Anibal Sanchez is a guy I like. Been a rough start so far for him but I think he’ll start to pick it up. Good spot here for him to pick up his first win of the season at home teaming up w/ a Nats offense that showed some life yesterday. Now they get to carry that momentum into their 3rd matchup this season versus Zack Wheeler who they have scored 11 runs against in the previous 2 matchups.

Cubs +115 / 50 to win 57.50

Cubbies haven’t lost a series in a month. They’re playing some good baseball right now on both sides and get a chance to capture another series victory here against division foe Reds. Quintana is an innings eater & I like him against this trigger happy Reds lineup. They rely heavily on the long ball & as long as he can avoid the big innings then he’ll be alright. On the other side I think Cubbies offense will open up Castillo a bit. He’s been strong so far this year but can get a bit erratic. I think he’s due for a little knocking around against a well balanced Cubbies lineup.

Bucs +114 / 50 to win 57
    Bucs/Padres U8 -118 / 59 to win 50

Trevor Williams is one of the best groundball pitchers in the league & another solid pitcher I really like. This is a good matchup for him in a big park against another offense in the Padres who need home runs to stay in games & he just doesn’t give up very many at all. On the other side Lauer is a decent pitcher at home & should be ok facing a Pirates lineup that has revamped its offense a bit through the play of Josh Bell but overall is not a very dynamic lineup facing lefties. Both teams with pretty well rested bullpens featuring 2 of the filthiest closers in the league in Felipe & Yates. I think Bucs do enough to win here in a low scoring game.

sosawestbrook

5/17

M’s -109 / 54.50 to win 50
    Bucs +150 / 50 to win 75

2-4 ytd

sosawestbrook

5/19

Rockies +125 / 50 to win 62.50

Don’t think Freeland’s historic season last year was a fluke. He is a good pitcher that has gotten off to a rough start this season. When you are a control pitcher like he is, you have less margin for error and have to be sharp. He’s made a lot of mistakes & guys have made him pay. I’d look for Freeland to start turning it around today against a Philly team he held scoreless in his first matchup earlier this season.

Reds +172 / 50 to win 86

Playing with fire here a bit but Dodgers got shut down yesterday for only the 3rd time all season. And now they send Ryu on the mound who has been untouchable all year but does have a history of showing regression on the road. With the vet Roark on the mound for Cincy, I think this is a good spot for them to capture a series victory at home against a vulnerable Dodgers squad.

Brewers -128 / 64 to win 50

Folty just doesn’t look like the same pitcher as last year. He got tore up in his minor league rehab starts and has continued that trend in his 4 starts this season. This just seems like one of those starts where it continues to go wrong and then you see a quick DL stint to figure out what’s wrong. On the other hand, Woodruff has been solid all season. Gimme the Brew Crew here.

Bucs +101 / 50 to win 50.50

Pittsburgh is probably one of the worst matchups at home for the Padres. Their rotation has a lot of guys that just don’t give up homeruns & that is Padres main source of runs. They haven’t shown to be one of those teams that can string a bunch of hits together and I don’t see them doing that against Musgrove who has been exceptional other then a couple rough starts earlier this month. He’ll look to build on his dominant outing last game against this do or die Padres lineup.

sosawestbrook

5/19 addition

Snakes -1.5 -105 / 52.50 to win 50

Bob on the mound should cut through this weak Giants lineup. Snakes have been pounding the ball vs lefties and Pomeranz has been a hittable pitcher for 2 seasons now. I like the Snakes to run away w/ one at home.

sosawestbrook

5/19 recap

Last play was one of the worst I ever made I think. Like ever. Should’ve seen that coming a mile away. I’ll take the win or loss on a solid play. But that was just a garbage pick. The energy was off from the get go. Nonetheless, we move onward. Negative record so far, but I’m in tune. I see something I like tomorrow that ima lock in tonight if the details work out. See ya then.

5-8 ytd, -1.24u

sosawestbrook

5/20

Padres -149 / 149 to win 100

Locked this in last night. Snakes offense starting to stutter feels like. They lack consistency on offense and have been picking on subpar pitchers for a while now. And although they’ve already seen Paddack this year, this is the wrong guy to matchup with coming out of a long 10 game home stand which was unsuccessful in most part due to lack of runs. Doesn’t hurt that Padres are coming off a losing streak at home and Paddack is coming off a rough last start. Feels like a game Padres win and build some momentum with as they try to climb the NL west standings.

sosawestbrook

5/21

Cubs -129 / 64.50 to win 50

Gonna trust the Cubbies here in a bounce back spot at home. Think Eflin is a solid pitcher for Phillies but based on track record I think we’ll see more starts like his last one then any more dominant shutout or 1 run outings. Cubbies looking like they’ll get Baez back after he was out sore yesterday & Contreras will be back in the lineup also after a day off. Phillies stole 3 bases yesterday, 2 of which led to runs. They’ll think twice about swiping one today on Quintana & Contreras. Gimme the Cubbies here.

Rockies/Pirates O7.5 -115 / 57.50 to win 50

Rox gonna try to end a 4 game skid here against Archer who has been lit up his past 2 starts. They’ve been losing a lot of close games but it hasn’t been for a lack of runs. Archer feels like a vulnerable opponent here. Rox will send the struggling Marquez who has given up a combined 27 hits & 12 runs in his past 3 starts to face a resurgent Pirates offense that has been swinging the bats quite well behind the play of Josh Bell, who’s on fire. No lead is safe either with these 2 bullpens who haven’t proven to be trustworthy carrying leads to the 9th inning. Seems like a low number here considering how bad the pitching has been & how well the 2 teams are hitting.

Nationals/Mets O7.5 -110 / 55 to win 50

Fedde has been good this year as a reliever but not overly impressive. His track record as a starter hasn’t been good in the past 2 seasons so I don’t expect him to light it up in his first start this campaign. Should go max 5 innings here which poses the question of who will pick him up in those middle innings? Nats bullpen outside of Doolittle has been awful. A possibility is Javy Guerra who they just recently claimed on waivers but he is a known opponent for the Mets because of his time w/ the Marlins. On the other side Wheeler has been slapped around by the Nats so far. This is his 4th start against them this season already and he’s given up 17 runs total. It’s tough to see him escape this start w/o at least giving up a few more runs especially considering how recently these 2 teams matched up.

Reds/Brewers U8.5 -105 / 52.50 to win 50

Reds just haven’t shown to be as dangerous facing lefties as they are righties & Gio has been solid in his 4 starts for the Brew Crew. On the other side Brewers really seem to go as Yelich does & if he can be neutralized then the rest of that offense is just not as intimidating as previous years. Sonny Gray has been decent in his first campaign for Cincy but what I like about him is that he’s kept the ball in the park this season which will fair well against the Brewers free swinging lineup. Full rested bullpens for both squads after yesterday’s day off will help in a low scoring affair at Miller Park.

Padres -110 / 55 to win 50

Think Greinke is due to give up some long shots & some runs here. This is his 3rd start against the Padres already and he’s given up 2 homeruns each in both those previous starts. He was bailed out by the Snakes offense both times which scored enough runs to comfortably cover the deficits. But they look to be slumping right now and Snakes just aren’t trustworthy to win close, low scoring games. Their bullpen is still trying to put the pieces together & when they can’t score runs they don’t win games. They are 6-14 when they score under 4 runs & 19-9 when it goes the other way. Meanwhile on the other side of the mound, Strahm has looked impressive all year & this is a good spot to keep it rolling against a struggling rival. Gimme the Padres here to win & go back above .500 as they position up the NL west standings
    Last edited by sosawestbrook; 05-21-19 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Added the date

sosawestbrook

5/22

Reds -104 / 52 to win 50
    M’s -119 / 59.50 to win 50

sosawestbrook

5/22 additions

MIA/DET U9 -107 / 53.50 to win 50
    KC/STL FF O5 -120 / 60 to win 50
    STL FF PK -130 / 65 to win 50
    STL TT O5.5 +107 / 50 to win 53.50

sosawestbrook

5/22 recap

High volume plays the last couple of days. Which I’m not a big fan of I think. Usually I’ll find plays I like & then select the ones that match my criteria from that group. But I’ve been noticing that my initial leans have hit at strong rates so I played those too. Idk if it’s the recipe to success because of the marathon long season but I’d love to hear thoughts on that. I’m prioritizing longevity but if we need to run an audible here & there to collect the cash then I’m with it papa

13-11 ytd, +1.61u

sosawestbrook

5/23

Bucs -134 / 67 to win 50

Fool me once? Shame on you. Fool me twice? Shame on me. Fool me 3 times? Get the strap. Bucs got shut out by Marquez first game & then only managed to score a measly 3 runs against Gray yesterday. Now they matchup with Senzatela who is equipped w/ the same arsenal of attacks as the first 2 pitchers. Upper 90’s fastballs backed w/ secondary sliders will be on the menu for the 3rd straight day. I’ll trust this hungry Bucs offense to put some numbers on the board & back Jordan Lyles on the mound who is pitching with a vengeance this year.

Fish +148 / 50 to win 74

Two teams trending in opposite directions with Fish going for their SECOND straight series sweep and SIXTH win in a row? Who would’ve thought? I got some faith in the kid Richards with this being a good chance for him to shine against probably the worst offensive team in the league. On the other side Boyd is pretty good at home but this price is just ridiculous. I’ll take the bait. Gimme the Fish.

jolyolyolyman
    jolyolyolyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2144

Tailed the Pirates play. Good call man. Keep up the good work!

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by jolyolyolyman View Post
    Tailed the Pirates play. Good call man. Keep up the good work!
    thanks bro cheers

sosawestbrook

5/24

Padres -123 / 123 to win 100

It seems like this Padres team has kind of been lingering around a bit in the standings but after a morale boosting series sweep at home against a division rival, I feel like they are gonna kick into gear soon & stake their claim as a legit threat in the NL west race. This interleague road trip they are beginning today against Toronto will be a good opportunity for them to sneak another power bat in the lineup and capitalize on big inning scoring opportunities. On the mound is Joey Lucchesi who has been pitching very well lately & keeping the ball on the ground which will help eliminate the Toronto offense that needs the long ball to stay in games.

Cardinals -145 / 145 to win 100

I’m hoping the Cards are finally ready to elevate their play to the elite level they should be at. This team was my preseason World Series pick but they have been mightily inconsistent thus far in all aspects of the game. It’s a long season but they’ll need to get it going fairly soon because that NL central division is no joke. I’ll trust that their bats will carry over momentum against Folty who I’m still not sold on being the same pitcher for the Braves that he was last year. Cards will have Mikolas on the mound who has strong home numbers & will be backed up by one of the best bullpens in the league.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47529

gl on the Padres tonight...hoping Tatis comes back soon it's been a month already.

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    gl on the Padres tonight...hoping Tatis comes back soon it's been a month already.
    Thanks bro. I think I read somewhere he’ll be back in early June.

Is this kid getting called up today supposed to be any good? Josh Naylor?

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    Thanks bro. I think I read somewhere he’ll be back in early June.

Is this kid getting called up today supposed to be any good? Josh Naylor?
    There is no timetable on tatis, it depends on how he responds to treatment and they have said numerous times he won't play until he is running 100%...hamstrings are a tough injury to put a number on.

Naylor is Canadian so pretty cool to get called up for series and mlb debut in Toronto. He has been raking at AAA and will be the DH in this series(.299, .378 OBP, 10 homers 35 rbi in 45 games). I'd love to get his bat in the lineup after this series but he doesn;t really have a position. He is a big dude and a first baseman but the Padres have been having him play OF for a couple of months in the minors...problem is there's glut of OFs as well...don't forget Franchy Cordero and Travis Jankowski have been injured most/all of the season and will hopefully be back soon. Pads need to package 1-2 of these outfielders and maybe a young arm and Hedges/Mejia for a top starting pitcher.
    Last edited by JAKEPEAVY21; 05-24-19 at 12:20 PM.

sosawestbrook

5/24 addition

Dodgers FF PK -120 / 120 to win 100

A play on Buehler here. Don’t want nothing to do with that Dodgers bullpen right now don’t trust em. Should be Feliz then Brault for Bucs. But it doesn’t really matter. That entire bullpen with the exclusion of Felipe, Crick & Liriano is chicken dinner for this Dodgers offense

sosawestbrook

5/24 addition

Snakes FF -155 / 155 to win 100

I don’t love this price but I just can’t see Ray getting out dueled by Pomeranz again. Walks leading to high pitch counts are always what hurts him. When in the zone he is an elite pitcher & he has shown great confidence historically pitching in San Fran. If this Snakes offense can’t get the lead against a guy who has a 6+ ERA the past 2 seasons and a guy that they just saw last week, then no point taking full game even for the lesser price.

sosawestbrook

5/24 recap + a Friday night tune

A little too much juice today overall for my liking. Gonna ride Paddies. I didn't have enough confidence in STL though to lay that kind of price. That team is just stuck in neutral right now. My Dbacks whooping San Fran ass. My guy Bob Ray is no joke when he lets his nuts hang and pitches confidently. 8 of my last 9 plays have been cash money. So im starting to find the zone feels like. Started w/ 50 dollar bets and now gonna be playing 100 dollar bets. Gonna celebrate life tonight with A lil Kenny Rogers and some OG kush. Cheers everybody

18-12 ytd, +4.40u

Last edited by sosawestbrook; 05-24-19 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Added record

JAKEPEAVY21

nice run gl on your action today

not a fan of Quantrill for Padres at all, looking at the over maybe...he is also another Canadian hometown boy

also looking at Braves, tb/cle under, your dbacks, twins/chisox over

sosawestbrook

5/25

Padres -108 / 108 to win 100
    Snakes +105 / 100 to win 105

sosawestbrook

nice run gl on your action today

not a fan of Quantrill for Padres at all, looking at the over maybe...he is also another Canadian hometown boy

also looking at Braves, tb/cle under, your dbacks, twins/chisox over
    Thanks Jake.

The kid looked good today pitching in front of pops. That entire pitching staff has looked so good.

Padres offense putting on a show in Toronto. They are going for 20 runs now with an inning left. Sheesh

JAKEPEAVY21

Thanks Jake.

The kid looked good today pitching in front of pops. That entire pitching staff has looked so good.

Padres offense putting on a show in Toronto. They are going for 20 runs now with an inning left. Sheesh
    I almost felt bad with them laughing and dancing up 10+...

sosawestbrook

I almost felt bad with them laughing and dancing up 10+...
    Bro when Tatis comes back this team is gonna be dangerous. They have it all. Power, pitching, defense. And like you said before a couple of solid trade pieces in the outfield. Will be fun to watch

sosawestbrook

5/25 additions

Braves/Cardinals U9.5 -110 / 110 to win 100
    Cardinals +104 / 100 to win 104

sosawestbrook

5/25 recap +a Saturday night tune

In a good zone right now. That’s cash money for 12 of my last 13 & 17 of my last 20. Only 3 lines above -140 for all plays. Favorites are 10-5 overall. Totals have gone 6-2 overall. Dogs are 7-5 overall. I always post those in the dog of the day thread as well which i started tracking before I created my own thread. Good start to Memorial Day weekend. Cheers to everyone and I also want to leave another tune from the Sosa Vandross jukebox. See ya tomorrow.

22-12 ytd, +8.44u

sosawestbrook

5/26

Snakes -111 / 111 to win 100
    Snakes/Giants U7.5 / 115 to win 100

Absolutely disrespectful line on Luke Weaver who is top 10 in the NL in ERA, WHIP & K/BB. Snakes have been putting up big numbers offensively in the first 2 games of this series but I do think runs will be harder to come by for this game. Managers across the NL are starting to pick up on Snakes noticeable splits facing righties & are making necessary adjustments to cater more favorable matchups. But this kid Anderson isn’t an elite pitcher by any regard & I can’t see him posing a big enough threat to shut down the Snakes offense. I’ll take Luke at this price against a questionable Giants offense all day.

Bucs +150 / 100 to win 150

For as bad as Archer has been his past 3 starts, I do think he is gonna start to get back on track. With Taillon & Williams on the DL, he is undoubtably the single most important guy on that staff right now. Bucs are gonna need him & I think this is a great spot for him to bounce back even against a juggernaut Dodgers offense. Archer has been good at keeping the ball in the park & oddly enough the numbers say he is sharper against lefties rather then righties. If he can avoid big shots & work through 6 innings, then that sets up the back end of that bullpen Liriano-Crick-Felipe who are all fully rested & ready to fire.
    Last edited by sosawestbrook; 05-26-19 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Padres canceled due to pitching change

JAKEPEAVY21

looks like Paddack has been scratched with a stiff neck and Robbie Erlin is now starting today for the Pads.

sosawestbrook

looks like Paddack has been scratched with a stiff neck and Robbie Erlin is now starting today for the Pads.
    Knew something was going on when they called up Perdomo. Should be a bullpen game. I’m cool with that. I’m gonna lock em in now at the cheaper price.

Paddack gonna pitch in NY? Hell yeah. Looking forward to that one

sosawestbrook

5/26 addition

Padres +103 / 100 to win 103

Pitching change canceled the initial bet. With Paddack out, looks like Padres gonna go with a bullpen game. Probably a combination of Erlin & Perdomo for the first 5 or 6. Then the usual suspects from there. I’ll take them at a bargain price here to sweep.

JAKEPEAVY21

Knew something was going on when they called up Perdomo. Should be a bullpen game. I’m cool with that. I’m gonna lock em in now at the cheaper price.

Paddack gonna pitch in NY? Hell yeah. Looking forward to that one
    yes, they said he will be going on Wednesday morning vs Yankees

sosawestbrook

5/26 additions

2 more

HOU FF PK -130 / 130 to win 100
    BAL/COL O12 -110 / 110 to win 100

1234 ... Last