JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Quote Originally Posted by superbowl3056 View Post
    anybody else having problems with the sdql site? won't load for me for some reason
    server went down, it's up now

JMon

Quote Originally Posted by green7 View Post
    AD and p:AW and SG=2 and division=o:division and day!=Saturday and day!=Sunday and p:runs<5 and op:runs<3 and NGT

SU: 46-37 (0.25, 55.4%) avg line: 134.9 / -148.8 on / against: +$2,541 / -$3,193 ROI: +30.6% / -25.8%
    RL: 40-18 (1.60, 69.0%) avg line: -165.1 / 149.5 on / against: +$1,250 / -$1,477 ROI: +12.9% / -24.6%
    OU: 30-50-3 (-0.56, 37.5%) avg total: 8.0 over / under: -$2,460 / +$1,730 ROI: -27.0% / +18.9%

Thanks for the finds JMon a bit of a conflict with the above total and your query, I played yours,.....this is it for me for baseball today, good fortune everyone.
    some good finds today green! I thank you for your contribution to this thread!!!

Mako-SBR
    Mako-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3262

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
    some good finds today green! I thank you for your contribution to this thread!!!
    Totally agree, green is killing it in this thread with you, have added 6-7 of both of your queries to my small MLB collection this week alone...and I tend to DQ five out of every six queries that get posted in both of our threads for various filter reasons.

Thanks guys.

green7
    green7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for acknowledgements guys.....I am assuming that a lot of you took the Reds and the Royals....I'll need to get more organized to look up these past posted angles.....obviously I didn't play them and I missed out.

Lots of dogs today to play....and April is supposed to be dog heaven, we'll see if we've made hay when the sun shines within a few hours.

I better go to the NBA part of our group to see what's happening there.

Best.

JMon

Thanks for acknowledgements guys.....I am assuming that a lot of you took the Reds and the Royals....I'll need to get more organized to look up these past posted angles.....obviously I didn't play them and I missed out.

Lots of dogs today to play....and April is supposed to be dog heaven, we'll see if we've made hay when the sun shines within a few hours.

I better go to the NBA part of our group to see what's happening there.

Best.
    Do you not save them in your personal database? It cost a bit of money, but so worth it! I posted the Reds today? and was going to do the Royals but the server went down( so couldn't get to the situation) .

but you are right...

WON: 951 Reds (+133) AT risk 200.00 win 266.00 (MLB) Score: 4-0
    04/09/14 11:52:20
    $266.00
    WON: 966 Royals (+108) AT risk 200.00 win 216.00 (MLB) Score: 7-3
    04/09/14 11:52:20
    $216.00

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

going again! Lets see what happens.
    ....7 overs in a row till tonight, never know when the streak ends, solid trend though JMon

JMon

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    ....7 overs in a row till tonight, never know when the streak ends, solid trend though JMon
    ugh... greenster had the under situation. percentages and numbers, in the long run!

JMon

Love too see Balt come in ...

JMon

ugh... greenster had the under situation. percentages and numbers, in the long run!
    uhmm...push.. lol

JMon

hunter is going to bury us...

JR007

just saw that .....bullpens, especially middle relief real tough to figure ,wonder if there is any way to grade middle relievers,

on a side note, interesting to see how Beckett pitches tonight, he's had a long stint on the DL...
    Last edited by JR007; 04-09-14 at 09:23 PM.

JMon

I just wish I could show what I do using sdql. It's so hard to explain via a computer and messages. I have no desire to post in detail here, as it would be better face to face. I just went 7-0-1, back from a 8-1 on Sunday. It's really unreal!

JR007

I just wish I could show what I do using sdql. It's so hard to explain via a computer and messages. I have no desire to post in detail here, as it would be better face to face. I just went 7-0-1, back from a 8-1 on Sunday. It's really unreal!
    your research is paying rewards

JMon

just saw that .....bullpens, especially middle relief real tough to figure ,wonder if there is any way to grade middle relievers,

on a side note, interesting to see how Beckett pitches tonight, he's had a long stint on the DL...
    had some good ones on the dodgers tonight, took them last night, but laid off..just didnt' feel right.

green7

No, I haven't been storing the steadily accumulating angles on the site....a bit ludicrous of me, eh?

With the opposing total angles in the Atl/NYM game, naturally the Mets score 3 in the 9th to make it land exactly on the number!.....haha. I get a very fortunate push.

Two late games to go.....JMon, awesome couple of days, enjoy the ride.

Roadkill86
    Roadkill86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1697

site==home and line>=100 and Average(errors@team and season)<=.5 and p:runs<=3 and po:runs<=3 and 2007<=season

Play home dogs that are good fielding teams after scoring and allowing 3 runs or less. team=Padres were VERY good in this situation last year. This year...who knows????

gl if you play, like I said above I am only spot playing in here. I am a volume player and only hit 50-55% of my dogs plays.

I played with this one a little and came up with a better ROI (29.6%) if you exclude April and September...
    site==home and line>=100 and Average(errors@team and season)<=.5 and p:runs<=3 and po:runs<=3 and 2007<=season and 9>month>4

JR007

just a thought, Thursdays are generally get-away days....not much on this afternoon card, but the prevailing thought is unders on these days due to travel schedules, starting new series in other cities, teams will rest certain key players, or use back end pitchers in the rotation...think that games are called quicker as well by the umps......something that you might be able to use in sdql as always thanks for sharing

JMon

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkill86 View Post
    I played with this one a little and came up with a better ROI (29.6%) if you exclude April and September...
    site==home and line>=100 and Average(errors@team and season)<=.5 and p:runs<=3 and po:runs<=3 and 2007<=season and 9>month>4

JMon

just a thought, Thursdays are generally get-away days....not much on this afternoon card, but the prevailing thought is unders on these days due to travel schedules, starting new series in other cities, teams will rest certain key players, or use back end pitchers in the rotation...think that games are called quicker as well by the umps......something that you might be able to use in sdql as always thanks for sharing
    Thanks for the thoughts JR...I will see if I can dig something up for ya

JMon

A and 160>line>-130 and tA(TLOB)>=7.5 and po:runs<=2 and ppo:runs<=2 and month!=7 and month!=8 and 2005<=season and SG<4

Here we want to fade a fav of no more than -130 or a dog of no more than 160 who strands on average 7.5 runners on base per game and after allowing 2 or less runs b2b games. This is not played in July or Aug.

see how team=Indians far in this situation, especially against the White Sox.

bignick410
    bignick410's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

A and 160>line>-130 and tA(TLOB)>=7.5 and po:runs<=2 and ppo:runs<=2 and month!=7 and month!=8 and 2005<=season and SG<4

Here we want to fade a fav of no more than -130 or a dog of no more than 160 who strands on average 7.5 runners on base per game and after allowing 2 or less runs b2b games. This is not played in July or Aug.

NICE FIND!!

I came just came across this one for playing against the heavy home fav for the sweep in aprill
    streak>=2 and SG=3 and n:SG=1 and HF and line<=-150 and month=4 and season>=2005
    also if you add you make it a divisional game (wash vs mia) gives you an xtra % roi but also fund nteresting same situation nice fav play for summer not sure if I can bring myself to play ether today as I don't really care for them hahah but thought Id let you all see it anyway
    Last edited by bignick410; 04-10-14 at 10:17 AM.

JMon

Quote Originally Posted by bignick410 View Post
    Hello all I actually just stared using SDQL about a few weeks ago a had been tinkering with it I was really looking forward to trying to learn to use SDQL more effectively and then found this so Ill e subbed trying to pick up what I can along the way.
    I also stumbled on this earlier and was looking for someone's opinion on this one I don't know u guy do run line plays but

D and ou streak = 3 and p :runs> = 3 and STDSWHIP<1.5

you can increase your ROI by roughly 9% by adding the following...

180>=line>=115 (limit high and low dogs)
    conference=o:conference (only conference play)
    SG<4 and month<9 (limit months 10/9 and higher than series game of 4 or higher

Looks like the month of may is where this situation is prominent.
    Cubs very good last year, going today!! From nick and myself!

figue
    Update your status
    figue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2638

DIV and D and p:W and 40<o:WP< 50 and season>=2010 and line<=166 and month=4

boston.

BSmith144
    BSmith144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

hey guys great stuff here.
    I'm new to SDQL and trying to get the hang of it. If there's any tutorials or how to forums you could point me to I'd appreciate it. I just had two quick questions. 1) Where do you store your queries i noticed killercappers/sportsdatabase only lets you store 2 for free. 2) After you find a winning query how do you scan for games that meet the parameters of the query. Look forward to contributing! Thanks

green7

Welcome BSmith.....learning the SDQL language is a matter of spending some time with it. Go to the front page of killersports and under baseball or basketball on the left side of the page clink on the "SDQL Manual PDF" and there is a tutorial in there. There are tons of SDQL queries in our little niche of SBR. You can copy and paste any of those queries into the query pages of the respective sports to get some great indications for plays for that day.

Storing those other queries and those you've discovered? Yes, you pay to store them...... anything over two queries on the site. But, I've learned that unless you are very organized and have a storage place, datasheet or spreadsheet of your own with which to check them each day, that you will miss plays,...and the way things have gone here, that will mean you will be missing dollars because you have not been systematic in your searching to see what's relevant for the day. Some guys have many, many queries that they test, and they are very kind to post SOME of theirs. Some will have been posted before in previous days and those you should keep to check every day if you are serious about being excellent at this.

And, it's a pretty big spiritual principle that when you give you receive back in excess of what you have given. Perhaps you'd consider sharing some of what you discover with the group. This group is great because we have attracted sharing individuals that are selfless in what they've found to benefit everyone. We've managed to avoid the bashing, blaming, and alpha dog types in this thread. In the end, the decision to play or not to play according to our and your discoveries will be yours alone. You will not be going 100-0 with these queries even if the query has a historical 100-0 record.

Best of luck.
    Last edited by green7; 04-10-14 at 04:19 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JMon, 19th Hole, and BSmith144

green7

edited post, see below
    Last edited by green7; 04-10-14 at 04:31 PM.

green7

This is a slight amendment to Figue's angle...the dog (Bosox) have gone to a favorite but it still has a very profitable ROI.

DIV and p:W and 40=2010 and line<166 and month=4

DIV and p:W and 40=2010 and line>0 and month=4

Querying just away favorites yields a very high ROI on the runline.

Good fortune everyone.

JR007

Welcome BSmith.....learning the SDQL language is a matter of spending some time with it. Go to the front page of killersports and under baseball or basketball on the left side of the page clink on the "SDQL Manual PDF" and there is a tutorial in there. There are tons of SDQL queries in our little niche of SBR. You can copy and paste any of those queries into the query pages of the respective sports to get some great indications for plays for that day.

Storing those other queries and those you've discovered? Yes, you pay to store them...... anything over two queries on the site. But, I've learned that unless you are very organized and have a storage place, datasheet or spreadsheet of your own with which to check them each day, that you will miss plays,...and the way things have gone here, that will mean you will be missing dollars because you have not been systematic in your searching to see what's relevant for the day. Some guys have many, many queries that they test, and they are very kind to post SOME of theirs. Some will have been posted before in previous days and those you should keep to check every day if you are serious about being excellent at this.

And, it's a pretty big spiritual principle that when you give you receive back in excess of what you have given. Perhaps you'd consider sharing some of what you discover with the group. This group is great because we have attracted sharing individuals that are selfless in what they've found to benefit everyone. We've managed to avoid the bashing, blaming, and alpha dog types in this thread. In the end, the decision to play or not to play according to our and your discoveries will be yours alone. You will not be going 100-0 with these queries even if the query has a historical 100-0 record.

Best of luck.
    thanks green, helpful in my understanding

BasesLoaded314
    BasesLoaded314's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 717

179 > line >= -102 and -11 < p:margin < 3 and o:WP >= 39 and 9 > p:runs > 0 and month = 4 and p:runs != 5 and day != Saturday and WP<79

check out this overfit:

line >= -102 and p:margin < 3 and o:WP >= 39 and p:runs > 0 and p:runs < 9 and month = 4 and p:runs != 5 and p:margin > -11 and day != Saturday and line < 179 and p:SO>1 and start time<2240 and 18 > p:fly balls >1 and 32>p:LOB>3 and p:walks<10 and WP<79 and p:BPRA != 1

thoughts?

Roadkill86

The overfit fails to work for me when I submit it... ???

Roadkill86

Yovani Gallardo is due to take the mound for the Brew Crew this Saturday at home, as is Edinson Volquez... The result has always been a slugfest when these two match-up;
    starter=Edinson Volquez and o:starter=Yovani Gallardo
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: busterzdad

figue
    Update your status
    figue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2638

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkill86 View Post
    Yovani Gallardo is due to take the mound for the Brew Crew this Saturday at home, as is Edinson Volquez... The result has always been a slugfest when these two match-up;
    starter=Edinson Volquez and o:starter=Yovani Gallardo
    nice find

Mako-SBR
    Mako-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3262

I had the Astros thanks to bignick's earlier query, winning on a dog with those odds is like hitting the lotto...wow.

Passed on the Nationals game despite it being in the same div (which is stronger for ROI), just didn't like it.

JMon

JMon

Quote Originally Posted by bignick410 View Post
    NICE FIND!!

I came just came across this one for playing against the heavy home fav for the sweep in aprill
    streak>=2 and SG=3 and n:SG=1 and HF and line<=-150 and month=4 and season>=2005
    also if you add you make it a divisional game (wash vs mia) gives you an xtra % roi but also fund nteresting same situation nice fav play for summer not sure if I can bring myself to play ether today as I don't really care for them hahah but thought Id let you all see it anyway
    Flat bet and hit one of those big doggies is all you need! Nice work BN!

First ... 2345678 ... Last