schaapattack
    schaapattack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jellobiafra View Post
    not exactly the most scientific approach. And you were the one admonishing us earlier about bankroll depleting wagers. Yet you're willing to throw a unit at the biggest dog on the board just because the payout is attractive. Do you think these +200 dogs will win more than 1 out of 3 times? If you don't believe they are better than a 33% opportunity, then your play here makes no sense.

I'd say good luck but i wouldn't mean it. I'm on the braves r/l pretty heavy.
    come on dex...call a spade a spade bro...put the lectures where they belong.

jellobiafra
    jellobiafra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

schaap --

I thought we were having a reasonable discussion. I'm sorry if I offended you. It was not my intent.

If it's the last line that struck a nerve, I'm simply being honest. How can anyone genuinely wish someone luck when they are betting against each other? I would prefer that I have the luck in this scenario. As for the 1st paragraph, again that was just what I considered friendly banter... in line with the comments we have all been trading today.

BOL on every play but the Nats tonight.

schaapattack
    schaapattack's Avatar Become A Pro!

THE OBVIOUS CHOICE IS THE BRAVES....BUT IM NOT A OBVIOUS PERSON AND OF COURSE NOT AFRAID TO GO OUT ON A LIMB AND GO AGAINST THE OBVIOUS CHOICE IN THE BRAVES. I JUST REFUSE TO MAKE A -1.5 PLAY FOR CHALK EVEN IF ITS -110...THE BRAVES ARENT THAT GOOD 3RD GAME INTO THE SEASON. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.....bol

OOPS SRY BOUT THE CAPS

jellobiafra

LOL. Stop shouting at me!

Ok. I really like the Braves in this spot. I live in the Nationals region and I follow the Braves religiously, so these are the two teams I know the most about. And my gut tells me the Braves roll here.

Edit: my GUT tells me. Although right now you're looking like a genius Schaap.
    Last edited by jellobiafra; 04-10-09 at 07:12 PM.

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

Anyone...... Giants/Pades over 8?

TAPDATBOOK
    TAPDATBOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 250

jellobiafra, why do you save your energy for the party tonight after cashing this ticket.....?????

cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Reliever heartburn in Milwaukee for the Cubs. Now I have to lay off of the Brew-Crew tomorrow as the Cubs will accelerate their offense. I called the heartburn in the 8th. Somehow that game had an eerie feelin about it!

cocknocker

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidy View Post
    What the f*ck is going with toronto@cleveland? What happens with 5inning line bets??

It looks like a rain-out. But i haven't gotten my money back yet either. I hope that it continues to rain and then we can get our money back once te game is called. hell I put a dime up on the Indians. I wouldn't mind seeing it come back unmolested.

cocknocker

Quote Originally Posted by Pick'nParlays View Post
    CK,
    Do you have any opinion on the Zito/Hill SF/SD game. I will be in attendance tonight to cheer for my giants. Still not feeling Zito tho. Could the over be a good call?

Actually Zito is the call.The Giants can't score realy but they have a uperior team over the Fathers, who did absolutely nothing to improve their weak hitting over the winter

Pick'nParlays

CK thx brotha. do you also bleed orange and black?

FreeMason
    FreeMason's Avatar Become A Pro!

phew...haha... good to see you liking SF in that one ck, makes me feel a bit better about putting money on Barry Zito.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

raining it atl

jellobiafra

Almost hoping for a rainout right now. They are saying it probably won't be a long one though.

We're probably going to lose Lowe. This is not starting out well for us.

jellobiafra

Never mind

TAPDATBOOK
    TAPDATBOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 250

Almost hoping for a rainout right now. They are saying it probably won't be a long one though.

We're probably going to lose Lowe. This is not starting out well for us.

Calm Down, It is still lots of innings to play, Atlanta is at Home. better batting and pitching team (bullpen), we should be fine.

I steal this one from DEx, let cash it, thanks Dex

cocknocker

7-3 on 1st inning runs today for me. Nice follow up on the 9-6 day I had two days ago.

cocknocker

Quote Originally Posted by Pick'nParlays View Post
    CK thx brotha. do you also bleed orange and black?

Green and Gold and Dodger Blue and White. But the Giants are cool anytime that the boys in blue aren't playing them

Dexter
    Update your status

this rain delay is not good if lowe cant make it back out. i almost wont mind if the bet is cancelled...

jellobiafra

They're saying on the radio cast that the rain has stopped, wind has died down, and they expect the tarp to come off shortly. Waiting out one more possible band of weather, but looks good to start again within the 1/2 hour. We'll still have Lowe is that holds up. He has a runner on with nobody out and a 3-2 count. Better come out sharp.

cocknocker

Boy Contreras isn't on his game today... But at least the score is tied!

Dexter
    Update your status

They're saying on the radio cast that the rain has stopped, wind has died down, and they expect the tarp to come off shortly. Waiting out one more possible band of weather, but looks good to start again within the 1/2 hour. We'll still have Lowe is that holds up. He has a runner on with nobody out and a 3-2 count. Better come out sharp.
    you think lowe would come out after an hour rain delay in an april game vs the nats? i would be shocked if he did.

Pick'nParlays

a dodger fan who also cheers for the giants..... doesnt exist

jellobiafra

Now they're saying the rain has picked up again and fans are heading for cover. Lowe is done. I'm hoping for Jeff Bennett. Big kid with a power arm, good sinker, and throws strikes.

Edit:
    Dex were you saying you'd be shocked if he comes back out to the mound or if he comes out of the game? I assumed the former but now I'm not so sure. Bobby Cox is cautious to a fault in these situations. Lowe will want to pitch. I'd be shocked if Bobby lets him.

Dexter
    Update your status

id be shocked if he comes back out to pitch. looks like its time to cap tomorrows games - this one may be a cancel job.

Dexter
    Update your status

sat-

carlos zambrano came out sharp in game 1, and i love backing aces when their team is off a loss. Big Z was dominant last year in milw shutting out the brewers for 8 inn. he has a career 3.68/1.22 era/whip vs milw. dave bush got roughed up for 6er in 7inn last year in his home start vs the cubs. his team is 1-10 over his career in games started vs the cubs.

-cubs (ML) (big - 2x)

the phillies are 6-0 in games started by brett myers vs the rockies (5-0 at coors). myers has a career 3.38/1.28 vs col while delarosa has a career 11.58/2.28 in 2 starts vs the phils. i like myers to get the phils back on track in this spot.

-phillies (ML)
    Last edited by Dexter; 04-10-09 at 08:36 PM.

jellobiafra

The guys on the radio are talking like it's going to play. Said the grounds crew on the tarp now. Might have one more band to wait out.

cocknocker

Piss on the White Sox. This is the 2nd time today that I have had a first half wager go awry in the top of the 5th. Simply amazing!

TheLemonDropKid
    TheLemonDropKid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    Piss on the White Sox. This is the 2nd time today that I have had a first half wager go awry in the top of the 5th. Simply amazing!

That happened to me at least twice yesterday and I think once or twice today....

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemonDropKid View Post
    That happened to me at least twice yesterday and I think once or twice today....
    stop jinxing the plays!!

TheLemonDropKid
    TheLemonDropKid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    stop jinxing the plays!!

LOL!!! Tell me about it!!

cocknocker

9-5 1st inning runs today. 18-11 over the first two times that I played them.

Dexter
    Update your status

jason motte blowing up when handed the job. i bet chris perez gets called back up soon.

Dexter
    Update your status

cards hit!

whatisit
    whatisit's Avatar Become A Pro!

ATL up 4-1 now

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    9-5 1st inning runs today. 18-11 over the first two times that I played them.
    CK: YTD: 33-29 (1st inning only), 58-4 (through 3 innings).

First 123456 Last