matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Matt's POD Picks

Ok, so this new thread will contain my Play of the day only. I've had enough screwing around with posting picks that have been less than 40% lately. We all know it doesn't help at all to win a few and lose a few.To those that fade the other plays, it dosnt help you in the overall aspect because it's still a guess and a hope. In the end were all trying to make some cash. I had a thread similar to this in MLB, I believe it was 2012. If someone wants to dig it up They will see I hit nearly 70% of my plays.

These plays that I post will be high end plays or nothing at all. So enough chit chat, and i will leave it at that.

1 unit= 25$

3-1 +11.5 units *started in my previous thread.

Good luck to all

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

:sigh:

You're hopeless, kid

So should we just forget about your other thread being down 90 units on all non POD picks?

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    :sigh:

You're hopeless, kid

So should we just forget about your other thread being down 90 units on all non POD picks?
    Patty, I'm 29 years old. I have circumnavigated the world. I have worked/visited over 20 diffrent countries. For my age I have a vast amount of life experience. What lack is staying disciplined at times. I'm still learning, but I am definately not a kid. I have a good feeling about the POD thread.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    Patty, I'm 29 years old. I have circumnavigated the world. I have worked/visited over 20 diffrent countries. For my age I have a vast amount of life experience. What lack is staying disciplined at times. I'm still learning, but I am definately not a kid. I have a good feeling about the POD thread.
    good luck matty

I will always give you shit, but I will root for you too.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    good luck matty

I will always give you shit, but I will root for you too.
    I appreciate the honesty Patty, I can understand why people get frustrated. I'll work on the discipline.

matt1216

POD:

Groth +1.5 sets 1.61 x 5 units

I watched both these guys play in DelRay Beach, Groth lost but he had Karlovic in trouble the entire first set, he just couldn't convert his break point chance that day. I honestly think Groth can win this tomorrow. Both guys have great serves, both are close in the return game. Groth has played well on grass of late, Karlovic not as well. If it comes down to a tiebreaker I believe Karlovic is 2-6 on grass in tiebreakers the last 12 months. Maybe a mental side to think about. I believe the odds. I wouldn't be suprised to see Groth win.

Good luck

matt1216

***Side note:

Bautista Agut faught hard to beat Garcia Lopez. I watched the whole match Agut has that never die attitude. If Fognini slacks at all I think Agut can take a set for sure.

***Berloc has points to defend, too much juice for the ML though.

***Rogers at 5.10 maybe worth a play. She has been on fire....

JC1186
    JC1186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4225

Matt, if you want credibility I would start this thread at 0-0. Not +11.5 units after hitting the Min bet yesterday. Had that not hit, for example, I'm sure you wouldn't have started this thread at minus units.

Just my two cents.

Also I agree with you Bautista-Agut re. fighting like hell yesterday. He's a strange one. He was playing poorly. Passive, making errors, and mentally just not quite there.

Until 6-3 4-2 down. Just a completely different player. GGL played well too, but RBA was just relentless. His defence for superb.

So not sure what the approach is here. The problem is Roberto was just so subpar for the first 60 minutes of that match. After a long match yesterday, will he be able to start and stay at that higher level?

I've watched Fognini against him in both match this year and it's not the best matchup for Roberto. He will have to play at his best I believe given Fognini looks motivated to defend his title. In Monte Carlo I believe he actually played close to his best. Yet still came up short in two sets. Again, the match up was obviously in Fognini's favour.

Anyway, given the way RBA started yesterday's match I think I can get better odds than 2.90. Plus, seeing the motivation and game plan of his will be important. If he can at some point turn that switch on like he did against GGL down a set and a break, I think he'll be very hard to beat. Like I mentioned earlier, GGL still played good tennis. He just couldn't break through RBA's defence. And although it went to 7-6 in the third, GGL never really threatened in that set.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by JC1186 View Post
    Matt, if you want credibility I would start this thread at 0-0. Not +11.5 units after hitting the Min bet yesterday. Had that not hit, for example, I'm sure you wouldn't have started this thread at minus units.

Just my two cents.

Also I agree with you Bautista-Agut re. fighting like hell yesterday. He's a strange one. He was playing poorly. Passive, making errors, and mentally just not quite there.

Until 6-3 4-2 down. Just a completely different player. GGL played well too, but RBA was just relentless. His defence for superb.

So not sure what the approach is here. The problem is Roberto was just so subpar for the first 60 minutes of that match. After a long match yesterday, will he be able to start and stay at that higher level?

I've watched Fognini against him in both match this year and it's not the best matchup for Roberto. He will have to play at his best I believe given Fognini looks motivated to defend his title. In Monte Carlo I believe he actually played close to his best. Yet still came up short in two sets. Again, the match up was obviously in Fognini's favour.

Anyway, given the way RBA started yesterday's match I think I can get better odds than 2.90. Plus, seeing the motivation and game plan of his will be important. If he can at some point turn that switch on like he did against GGL down a set and a break, I think he'll be very hard to beat. Like I mentioned earlier, GGL still played good tennis. He just couldn't break through RBA's defence. And although it went to 7-6 in the third, GGL never really threatened in that set.
    Well said above JC1186, I will reset my record 0-0 ....I got that feeling Agut will be ready to go tomorrow. His defence may frustrate Fognini a bit. We shall see. Good luck tomorrow JC

JC1186

Thanks mate. Back at you for the thread.

Haven't caught Min much at all in my time. Does she have the game to cause Petkovic any problems?

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Thanks mate. Back at you for the thread.

Haven't caught Min much at all in my time. Does she have the game to cause Petkovic any problems?
    I think it's a big stretch for Min to take a set here. I know it's chalk and all but I'm liking the -1' sets. Min is just a tenacious counterpuncher of which Petko is a better and stronger version. That plus the tournament is close to home soil should equal a breeze this afternoon.

cashaholic
    cashaholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Gruber View Post
    I think it's a big stretch for Min to take a set here. I know it's chalk and all but I'm liking the -1' sets. Min is just a tenacious counterpuncher of which Petko is a better and stronger version. That plus the tournament is close to home soil should equal a breeze this afternoon.

I think your about to suck dickkk as usual simon

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

RobRifle
    RobRifle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 232

Good luck for this one, mate

cashaholic
    cashaholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

We all know you suckkk cockkk simon

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

No I dont

JC1186

Cheers for the input and good luck. I'll check her out for future matches. All I know of her is how she impressed me (on paper) through Qualifying for the French this year.

matt1216

Min was good vs Pliskova because she stayed alive in the rallies, Pliskova shot herself everytime. From what I saw from Petkovic, I don't see Min standing much of a chance today. Min may break Petkovic once or twice but Petkovic WILL break her at Will.

Bogdan Costia
    #groovy
    Bogdan Costia's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck mate. Groth is a awesome bet, nice pick.

matt1216

Good luck to you as well!, let's hope he's 100% ready to win.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Fognini fuking blows

matt1216

Yeah. Agut is a fighter.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Fog got broken his first service game.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Fogs almost been broken every service game, meanwhile Agut hasn't been touched on his service games. What gives? Fog is 5-1 Vs him and blew him out at this same tournament last year

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    Fogs almost been broken every service game, meanwhile Agut hasn't been touched on his service games. What gives? Fog is 5-1 Vs him and blew him out at this same tournament last year
    Yeah I had this feeling, Agut is just playing like he wants it. Fognini is frustrated and he's playing likethe big baby he is

matt1216

Here it comes, Verdasco will tank set 2....

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Fog tanked that match 100 fuking %. had 0-40 to break and lands a wide open passing shot into the net and lets Agut blank him the rest of the game. Sickening, can't bet this fuktard

matt1216

Flippy, my back up POD is Hewitt ML @1.65... I feel confident with him today

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

I'll take a look at it. That smiling lazy bum fognini has me in a bad mood.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    I'll take a look at it. That smiling lazy bum fognini has me in a bad mood.
    I hear ya man, if I didn't watch Agut play yesterday, I woulda bet him too. Tough luck bud

matt1216

POD #2:

Hewitt ML 1.67 x 5 units

My apologies for the Groth pick, it seems Groth is mentally ill when playing Karlovic.... Pathetic.The Hewitt ML was a close call for POD befor I posted Groth.

Sock hasn't had to deal with very many returners this tournament. I think Hewitt may be a struggle for sock as he also can get the serve back in play without huge trouble.

Good play to come tomorrow as well. Again, my bad with this Groth play. Pathetic.

Good luck guys

JC1186

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    My apologies for the Groth pick, it seems Groth is mentally ill when playing Karlovic.... Pathetic.
    Imo Karlovic wins it in 2 sets and gets a break in there somewhere.

Sam Groth is destined to play poorly in his first (and more than likely, only) ATP semi final.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2014-07-13 at 3.35.56 am.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  13.2 KB

There was money to be made.

And what a piss weak semi final showing it was from Sam Groth. If you were on him it must have been cringe worthy.

matt1216

Good hit JC1186^^^ happy for ya man! I'm hoping Hewitt can get it done

matt1216

YTD: 1-1 -1.65 units

Notes:

Groth is just a bad matchup, vs a large serve on grass because of his return game, or lack there of. Karlovic struggles vs Decent returners on grass. I think he may struggle vs hewitt a bit.

Hewitt destroyed a tired Sock. Not much else to say there.

Verdasco and cuevas was a dead even affair, Verdasco just choked first. Cuevas looked solid.

Agut beat clown town Fognini.... Agut has the heart of a champ, his defense has been spectacular this tournament.

Petkovic struggled on serve vs Min today but she breaks opponents on a regular basis.

JC1186

Cheers Matt. You can just call me JC man. No need for the numbers haha.

I think with Groth, what was telling was not that he was poor on return against a huge server in Karlovic, but instead, that he himself was broken twice against a poor returner.

That tells you more about how he handled the situation (first SF) than it does about the match up. He crumbled and certainly didn't have a winning demeanor. Simple as that.

1234 ... Last