tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lock @1.60 don't exist, but ...

enough said

not a lock but close to !

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mmmm yikes. 7-6, 6-4 death trap. Good luck though.

tipsadontlikehim

thanx Eagles
    i'm tired of losing "obvious" bets, hope this one hits

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah Groth worries me more than Karlovic. I've seen him dominate several matches on serve and then all of a sudden as a tournament gets to the latter stages, he chokes just enough to screw something like this.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Good luck tipsy I pictured 3 tiebreakers myself

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

more fun stuff over at Bovada. Will a tiebreak be played in the match? yes is 4.50

jailbait7127
    jailbait7127's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

at 26 on 5d wow

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Gruber View Post
    more fun stuff over at Bovada. Will a tiebreak be played in the match? yes is 4.50
    Yeah that supposed to be no, wtf lol

JC1186
    JC1186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4225

Imo Karlovic wins it in 2 sets and gets a break in there somewhere.

Sam Groth is destined to play poorly in his first (and more than likely, only) ATP semi final.

Fyi there are plenty of 1.40-1.60ish bets that smash this if you're patient. Sam Groth is someone I certainly wouldn't trust a set down. It's all too easy for him to throw in a poor service game. Karlovic can certainly trouble him with his variety off the ground.

You better hope Sam wins the first set.
    Points Awarded:

Simon Gruber gave JC1186 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

tipsadontlikehim

here is what Karlovic did to me

JC1186

Haha good that you see the humour in it all.

But that wasn't what Karlovic did to you.

Groth was the one who rode you and suckered you into thinking his serve was unbreakable.

tipsadontlikehim

i was working and couldnt watch, im really surprised by this scoreline but i trust you, Groth f*cked me more than Karlovic here, can't believe he beat Mahut 6/4 6/3 to lose 4/6 4/6 to Karlovic (maybe I am wrong but I thought Groth didn't lose his serve all week? again couldn't watch any match)
    did you watch the match yourself JC ? double faults, crap 1st serve % ?

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by tipsadontlikehim View Post
    i was working and couldnt watch, im really surprised by this scoreline but i trust you, Groth f*cked me more than Karlovic here, can't believe he beat Mahut 6/4 6/3 to lose 4/6 4/6 to Karlovic (maybe I am wrong but I thought Groth didn't lose his serve all week? again couldn't watch any match)
    did you watch the match yourself JC ? double faults, crap 1st serve % ?
    Groth has a temper.... U could tell Groth was getting annoyed trying hold serve all match.

tipsadontlikehim

ok ok ..........too bad anyway

JC1186

Yeah watched the match. Took Karlovic -3 @ 3.50ish (posted it in matt's thread) so was keen to watch.

It was more or less Challenger player type stuff from Groth from start to finish. The service games in which he was broken in were just thrash. Double faults and ridiculously easy volleys missed. About half a dozen sitters were put into the net or long in the match. Muttering and whinging to himself all throughout.

I obviously knew how unlikely it would be for Karlovic to break him twice. But I was surprisingly confident he'd fold. In fact I took the -3 handicap even after I knew Groth was serving first in set one. So I really needed the two breaks. But I felt the pressure would be telling.

Mahut imo is just about properly past it now. Groth definitely played better in that match, but he overachieved this week it showed today.

Bad luck btw. I can see why you backed it big. It's one of those bets which fool you into thinking it'll be straight forward and you just back yourself. At the end of the day Ivo was always going to hold serve (more than likely - Groth sucks on return), so you were trusting Groth big time. Like someone mentioned in the first post, a TB and one break in two sets of tennis and you were screwed. So it was difficult to see the value @ 1.60. It may have just been one of those days where you couldn't find anything you really liked and so this stood out even more than usual.

Anyway good luck moving on. Never like seeing someone lose hard earned money on muppets like Groth and their little pea brains.

tipsadontlikehim

yes thanx and GG for your bet
    I actually "know" groth, i watched him live when I was in Taiwan 2 months ago he played in Taipei, I know he got a temper and i know he hates losing (even more obvious when you see him live), his serve is massive though (lost 7/6 7/6 to Muller when i saw him) ..that's why i thought the over would hit...anyway i probably underrated Ivo a bit as well and like you said the 1.60 odds was not worth it.
    Move on now