MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Putting $3K total on all Wawrinka Spread bets across the board vs Nadal

I strongly believe the books are over valuing Nadal tonight. I'm fully aware that he kicked Federer's ass the other night and the books are thinking Stan will suffer the same result but I believe they will be wrong and I'm putting my money where my mouth is by pounding all the Wawrinka spread lines for a total of about $3K in action.

First of all , Wawrinka has developed into a complete package, consisting of a strong forehand, backhand , and of course the service game. I truly believe this man will be in the top three in the world soon. The reason why Fed got killed the other night is due to Nadal kept on pounding his backhand which was again a liability. I guarantee if Nadal keeps doing that to Stan tonight, he will pay the price.

Nadal will run into a totally different Wawrinka tonight than the one of the last 12 meetings between the two. Stan will keep this close and take a set or two. Depending on your book, there should be several different variations of the Wawrinka games spread. Heritage is offering Wawrinka +5, +5.5, +6 and +2.5 sets. I'm betting on all of them across the board including the Over 37.5 and sprinkling a bit on the money line.

I've had a very nice run here during this Aussie Open. I deposited $500 before the tourney started and hammered the books the last two weeks, turning it into over $12k currently. So even if this loses, I'm still up quite a bit. I'm leaving a bit in for clay season but will be cashing out on Monday.

I'm going out with a bang fellas. I have faith in Wawrinka tonight covering the spreads so...... LET'S DO THIS , STAN:

My Account : Current Bets
    List of all Pending Wagers -
    Please click on a ticket number below to view wager details.
    Ticket # Accepted Type Risk To Win Short Description
    1/25/2014 2:44AM Spread 550.00 500.00 Tennis - 82622 S. Wawrinka (Games) +6 -110 for Game
    1/25/2014 5:24AM Total 525.00 500.00 Tennis - 82621 R. Nadal (Games)/S. Wawrinka (Games) over 37½ -105 for Game
    1/25/2014 5:25AM Spread 650.00 500.00 Tennis - 8262 S. Wawrinka +2½ sets-130 for Game
    1/25/2014 5:26AM Spread 500.00 525.00 Tennis - 82618 S. Wawrinka (Games) +5½ +105 for Game
    1/25/2014 5:27AM Spread 500.00 725.00 Tennis - 82620 S. Wawrinka (Games) +5 +145 for Game
    1/25/2014 5:28AM Money Line 200.00 870.00 Tennis - 8262 S. Wawrinka +435 for Game

Best of Luck Everyone
    Points Awarded:

Bill_Hicks gave MagicDiceFlow 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Gaze73

losschaser
    losschaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am right there with you man. Its about time Wawrinka wins ONE friggin set !!! Guy beats Joker in style surely he can muster ONE set

Bill_Hicks
    Bill_Hicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11285

Made me tons this tourney, best of luck MDF.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by losschaser View Post
    I am right there with you man. Its about time Wawrinka wins ONE friggin set !!! Guy beats Joker in style surely he can muster ONE set
    Stan is a different beast this time around , He'll take a set tonight , Chaser. I'm confident about it just like that Li bet I made.

GL man

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_Hicks View Post
    Made me tons this tourney, best of luck MDF.

Glad to hear that Bill. Good to see guys pounding the books. We're going to go out with a bang tonight.

GL

poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

If he is gonna take a set it better be the first one cause he will be toast after that.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    If he is gonna take a set it better be the first one cause he will be toast after that.
    Hmmmm, I dont think so. He held his composure very nicely against Djoker after Novak took a set. That win will give him confidence knowing that he took several sets off the best hardcourt player in the world so against Nadal, it will be a challenge but not impossible.

poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Yes, but MDfF, it took him several years to get over the Djoker hump, and while that may give him confidence, Nadal is a different animal all together, and I emphasize "animal." The only way I can see Stan winning this thing or making it super competitive is if your hunch about Nadal being overvalued (due to the beating he inflicted on Fed) is correct. Fed looked lost to me even before the match started, and perhaps Nadal is closer to the Nadal who played against Nish and Dimitov. Very hard to know...

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Let's hope the crowd will be very pro-Swiss and will not him fade away. Feds did look very frustrated almost right from the start. Let's hope Wawa will be much more fearless.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    Yes, but MDfF, it took him several years to get over the Djoker hump, and while that may give him confidence, Nadal is a different animal all together, and I emphasize "animal." The only way I can see Stan winning this thing or making it super competitive is if your hunch about Nadal being overvalued (due to the beating he inflicted on Fed) is correct. Fed looked lost to me even before the match started, and perhaps Nadal is closer to the Nadal who played against Nish and Dimitov. Very hard to know...
    True , Nadal is a different animal altogether however Stan does possess the weapons to end points a lot quicker than Fed this year. A lot of these points wont be as physical for Stan , he'll score a lot of cheap fast points off the serve and his backhand. Fed was a sitting dead duck on that backhand side all night.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Also I like the fact that Stan is a huge underdog today and with absolutely no pressure. Wawrinka can be very dangerous in this role with no pressure. He did it to Djokovic twice in a row here when everyone written him off.

All the pressure will be on Nadal tonight.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

MDF, you're not worry about a Nadal heavy-spin forehand, that shot cause a lot of havoc to a single-hand backhand players

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

i will tail small 100x

tiberiusdush
    tiberiusdush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

MDF did you have Nadal over Murray? hopefully your not underestimating nadal. I think he will win out right. Not sure if he will run through Wawa

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    MDF, you're not worry about a Nadal heavy-spin forehand, that shot cause a lot of havoc to a single-hand backhand players
    I'm not worried about it with Wawrinka. For Federer it caused problems because his backhand has turned into a weak shot over the last couple of years. Wawrinka wont be looking to run around his backhand, that's his strength. I think it will just take a few times where Stan hits clear winners off that backhand that Nadal will look at other places to exploit weakness.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by tiberiusdush View Post
    MDF did you have Nadal over Murray? hopefully your not underestimating nadal. I think he will win out right. Not sure if he will run through Wawa
    Oh No, definitely not. I dont ever underestimate the best player on the planet currently. I just know that Stan has the tools this year to make it a lot closer than the books think hence why I'm going all out on the spread lines.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Good Luck MDF

Wawrinka's backhand best in the business right now, he can use it for defense and offense

kaliboyz
    Update your status
    kaliboyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 497

i'm with you MDF!! good luck!

1/25/2014 10:01PM Spread 220.50 150.00 Tennis - 8262 S. Wawrinka +2½ -147 for Game
    1/25/2014 10:01PM Spread 150.00 172.50 Tennis - 82618 S. Wawrinka (Games) +5½ +115 for Game
    1/25/2014 10:01PM Spread 100.00 145.00 Tennis - 82620 S. Wawrinka (Games) +5 +145 for Game
    1/25/2014 10:01PM Spread 230.00 200.00 Tennis - 82622 S. Wawrinka (Games) +6 -115 for Game
    1/25/2014 10:02PM Total 87.47 72.89 Tennis - 82621 R. Nadal (Games)/S. Wawrinka (Games) over 37½ -120 for Game

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I like over 3.5 sets -110 at Heritage

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

tailed on Wavrinka+2.5 sets hopefully he wins a set

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

books have moved -2.5 sets from -105 to +125…..Are they enticing action on nadal to win in straight sets?

wawrinka hasnt won a set against nadal in his career.

lucullus
    lucullus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

im watching this on espn whos watching it on the big screen

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

MDF which of these plays would you consider the safest? I have a good chunk of my roll tied up in parlays, a few of which have all won pending a final leg. Which of these has the best chance of hitting? I'm thinking Stan +2.5 or the Over? Thanks again for winning all of us so much money the past couple weeks! It's pretty awesome, especially for those who are new or don't know you yet - they must think you're some kind of tennis god!

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1396

what u guys think about warwinka over 17 games won +115? aint that better then +2.5 sets
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dominator1

ardacet8
    ardacet8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5098

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    what u guys think about warwinka over 17 games won +115? aint that better then +2.5 sets
    Your only chance getting that and not +2,5 is if all of the 3 sets goes to tiebreak and nadal wins them all. That would be miserable and painfull for Wawrinka to lose like that! But what if Wawrinka wins the first in tiebreak 7-6. And what if then nadal gets hype and wins it 6-3 6-3 6-1? Not quite possible maybe but decide with these ideas.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1396

Quote Originally Posted by ardacet8 View Post
    Your only chance getting that and not +2,5 is if all of the 3 sets goes to tiebreak and nadal wins them all. That would be miserable and painfull for Wawrinka to lose like that! But what if Wawrinka wins the first in tiebreak 7-6. And what if then nadal gets hype and wins it 6-3 6-3 6-1? Not quite possible maybe but decide with these ideas.
    good point

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fidelis View Post
    MDF which of these plays would you consider the safest? I have a good chunk of my roll tied up in parlays, a few of which have all won pending a final leg. Which of these has the best chance of hitting? I'm thinking Stan +2.5 or the Over? Thanks again for winning all of us so much money the past couple weeks! It's pretty awesome, especially for those who are new or don't know you yet - they must think you're some kind of tennis god!
    If I had to choose one of these, I would probably say the Wawrinka +2.5 sets.

Thanks for the kind words, Semper. I'm no tennis god, just a capper that knows a bit about tennis and happy to share the knowledge.

GL on your bets Semp

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    books have moved -2.5 sets from -105 to +125…..Are they enticing action on nadal to win in straight sets?

wawrinka hasnt won a set against nadal in his career.
    I think its a lot of newcomers looking up the head to head 12-0 Nadal and seeing that he's not won a set. Probably a lot of guys chasing their money from NBA/College hoops losses tonight and books are hanging that juicy plus number to them to entice.
    Last edited by MagicDiceFlow; 01-26-14 at 01:29 AM.

ardacet8
    ardacet8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5098

5Dimes is giving presents for this match I guess! They have lost the control. Really Wawrinka's ace limit is 6,5 and odds for that was 1,50? (Gift1). Nadal to not win 3-0 (1,833)which is equal to +2,5 sets Wawrinka is gift2. Any asian or european book gives around 1,65(-154) for it.They tried to adjust but couldnt do it actually. So many value bets there for this big match!

steelheaddan
    steelheaddan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Thanks for all the input during the tourney Dice. You have had great write-ups, and a great run. I will be on +6 and the over.
    Good luck….

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by ardacet8 View Post
    5Dimes is giving presents for this match I guess! They have lost the control. Really Wawrinka's ace limit is 6,5 and odds for that was 1,50? (Gift1). Nadal to not win 3-0 (1,833)which is equal to +2,5 sets Wawrinka is gift2. Any asian or european book gives around 1,65(-154) for it.They tried to adjust but couldnt do it actually. So many value bets there for this big match!
    Yep, 5Dimes love to give gifts all the time on big matches. They try to get too cute with some of their props and if you're sharp enough, you can indeed grab some gifts by them. Some of those props equate to the same bet as others but at much better odds.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by steelheaddan View Post
    Thanks for all the input during the tourney Dice. You have had great write-ups, and a great run. I will be on +6 and the over.
    Good luck….
    You're welcome Steelhead , glad to be of help.

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    If I had to choose one of these, I would probably say the Wawrinka +2.5 sets.

Thanks for the kind words, Semper. I'm no tennis god, just a capper that knows a bit about tennis and happy to share the knowledge.

GL on your bets Semp
    Thanks for responding buddy, I very much appreciate it! 5dimes doesn't offer (or the line changed) Wawrinka +2.5 sets, so I took 'Not Nadal 3-0' instead, which is essentially the same exact wager. I used that one to fill the last leg of my bigger, higher paying parlay, and the Over 37.5 games for the other one. I also made a straight wager on Wawrinka +6, and two smaller ones on Wawrinka winning the 1st and 2nd set, my thoughts being that if Stan does indeed finally take a set off of Nadal it'll most likely be one (or hopefully both!) of the first two - I just feel that if he finds himself losing the first two sets there's a good chance he'll implode in the 3rd like Fed did. The only thing that would kill me is Nadal in straights, and I may make a small wager on that just to hedge.

Anyway my friend win or lose, it's been amazing and fun winning so much with you throughout this tournament! And while you may not be a 'tennis god' you are certainly one of the best guys with a lot of class on this forum, constantly bringing valid viewpoints and advising those of us who don't follow tennis as closely as the other sports. Thanks once again man, and we're all certainly looking forward to building our bankrolls throughout this tennis season with you! When I get the mods to fix my PMs I'll start sending you plays or posting more often in your threads to help pay back - I've been making a lot of dough with college hoops, and baseball season is right around the corner, which is probably my best sport (next to college football).

Here's to raking in the dough tonight and many more to come! Cheers bro!

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Semper, yep that 'Not Nadal 3-0' is the exact wager as a +2.5 , some books just like writing it like that to make it easier to understand for some people.

I'm looking forward to baseball as well. That's my next best sport that I have good success over the years. College hoops and NBA is tough. I don't see how you hoopsters can handle that incredible variance but to each his own.

Thanks for the kind word Semp and good luck for the season.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Name:  Wawrinka backhand o2 13.336x223.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  7.3 KB

Booooom , take that Rafa .....Like MDF said, this aint no Federer backhand tonight, muthafucka!

Cash the Stan set bets fellas

123 Last