shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Thought of you EP when we were at Kooyong on Wednesday. Verdasco match a total joke, Nish was ok, and the Aussie kid Thompson vs Gascan reminded me of last year when you were telling me to yell at him... which we did again! But it was a total live betting windfall... the underdog gets ahead, looks to win the match so jump on the vet at the best price you'll get on him all match and sure enough he won because the kid chokes. We left before Stan the Man's match ended as we were friggen burnt but got to hit with Sharapova tonight at a Porsche thing. As soon as she started to talk about her candy I was like thank f my kid loves you because I'm ready to off myself. Best of luck for the tourney!! I'm thinking Rafa and Serena take it out xo

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    1.8.14/Play #26: [ATP AUSTRALIAN OPEN QUALIS]: Kosakowski +180
    The young American scored a solid grinder of a win against Ito to open qualis. Kosakowski was a bit of an up & comer back in 2011-2012 as he flipped between Futures & Challengers. A shoulder injury in April 2013 derailed him for six months and he's now flashing a bit of that potential now that he is healthier. Gombos I don't know a ton about. He looked solid in his opener and played decently in qualis in Chennai. This shapes up to be a battle & I am going with Kosakowski for a little more rejuvenation.

Nice call!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

1.9.14/Play #29: [ATP AUSTRALIAN OPEN QUALIS] Krajicek +180
    Batlle of young players. Rhyne Williams the opposition. Both had to work hard to get through the 1st round. Krajicek in a 9-7 third set over a fairly solid player in Jaziri, holding off Jaziri who had a 5-4 lead and was serving for the match. Williams in three against Diez as he blew an early break lead in the third, but rallied back to win. Williams owns the head-2-head, 3-0 but all have come on indoor courts where Williams has proven to be a tougher player. Williams is the better known of course because of his near win against Florian Mayer at last year's AO and US Open battle against Davydenko. Williams is the better overall talent, but he seems to still be scuffling some to get back to the form he flashed at times in 2013. Krajicek played some decent tennis in Noumea also prior to this, so he should had some confidence and the motivation to get his first W against Williams. His serve was very good against Jaziri for the most part - that is something he must have here.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

GL EP. Also think Krajicek will pull this one out for the win...

Personally like Del Potro/Tursonov O2.5 sets at +220.

Lets roll...

EaglesPhan36

Well he kept it as tight as you can get, two TBs - but played poorly in both TBs and didn't give himself a chance or Williams a chance to choke.

EaglesPhan36

1.9.14/Play #30: [WTA AUSTRALIAN OPEN QUALIS] Duan -115

EaglesPhan36

1.9.14/Play #31: [ATP KOOYONG] Simon -150
    Decided this was worth the shot. Gasquet has owned Simon, so the price reflects the concerns about Gasquet's back at this juncture. There is some potential that he could skip this match after struggling against the Aussie Thompson in his first match at this Exhibition. Simon showed decent improvement in coming back to beat Wawrinka who may have been fatigued, but still made him battle. Simon I think needs the match play more as well to sharpen himself as he struggled in Brisbane with some leg problems in his loss to Copil. He seemed to have worked through those, so gonna be an idiot here.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Thought of you EP when we were at Kooyong on Wednesday. Verdasco match a total joke, Nish was ok, and the Aussie kid Thompson vs Gascan reminded me of last year when you were telling me to yell at him... which we did again! But it was a total live betting windfall... the underdog gets ahead, looks to win the match so jump on the vet at the best price you'll get on him all match and sure enough he won because the kid chokes. We left before Stan the Man's match ended as we were friggen burnt but got to hit with Sharapova tonight at a Porsche thing. As soon as she started to talk about her candy I was like thank f my kid loves you because I'm ready to off myself. Best of luck for the tourney!! I'm thinking Rafa and Serena take it out xo
    If you are there again, heckle that fukking Frog Mother F-er ... Gasquet that is. I took Simon and already hate my life.

shari91

If you are there again, heckle that fukking Frog Mother F-er ... Gasquet that is. I took Simon and already hate my life.
    haha not there today as it's a friggen bake sale in Melbourne. 95 degrees so in the stadium it'll probably feel like 115 if not hotter. I'll cheer for Simon for your bet but if Gasquet shows anything like he did on Wednesday when he turned it up against that kid, Simon's going to be in a world of hurt. And to be honest, Simon looked seriously uninterested (and much scrawnier than I'd remembered) when he was playing Stanley but then again I only watched the first two sets. Gasquet actually impressed me quite a bit because he was painting the lines and firing the ball when he finally realised he had a bit of a fight on his hands so I'm looking forward to this one. Can't believe you put money on either of them in the battle of the Frenchies though, you silly bugger.

EaglesPhan36

I like to dabble in toiletries.

shari91

I like to dabble in toiletries.
    Glutton for punishment.

EaglesPhan36

Well I lied. I looked at the main level ATP tourneys too and I like one more. Godspeed.

1.9.14/Play #32: [ATP AUCKLAND] Ferrer-Lu Over 21 [-116]

EaglesPhan36

Not surprising that Simon is losing ... have to begin to look at the old T.I. fade too. Should know better, but always have to puke out some garbage to find the diamond ring. Plus side, Duan won easily in straights, so the qualis evened out today.

EaglesPhan36

Waiting for Simon to quit now. LoL.

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

looks bad

EaglesPhan36

And there we go. Too bad I played this one at a book where on set = action. Always learning lessons when you bet tennis.

EaglesPhan36

Overall Profit Margin: +5.21

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Well I lied. I looked at the main level ATP tourneys too and I like one more. Godspeed.

1.9.14/Play #32: [ATP AUCKLAND] Ferrer-Lu Over 21 [-116]
    You do know it's "goodspeed", don't you?

stepanekslips
    stepanekslips's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    Don Juan doesnt do speed, but when he does its Godsspeed. Its da best!

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    Nicholas Cage.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Nicholas Cage.
    Great movie. haha.

EaglesPhan36

1.10.14/AUSTRALIAN OPEN QUALIS

Play #33: Kosakowski +165
    The young American has his shot at qualifying for his first Grand Slam. Wang is no pushover, but he doesn't have a big game that should bother Kosakowski. Wang is not too dissimilar to Ito whom Kosakowski beat in the opening round. I think Wang's price got a boost because of the name he beat last round in Mathieu, but the Frenchman was pathetic. If he can hold his nerve in big moments, Kosakowski's got a bit better pop and can take this.

Play #34: Menendez-Maceiras -110
    Up against Odesnik, it's a Spaniard with some hard court game. M-squared has good memories here too after quakifying last year and making Chardy work hard in a four set opening round loss. That loss looking much the better as Chardy progressed to the QFs. Odesnik shook off a bum ankle from a week ago and has looked good in qualis. Still, he's had some real clunkers on this surface in the past year when he loses. Let's hope that's today.

Play #35: Klizan -120
    Read a good article about the Slovak. He's basically admitted he got a bloated head and got lazy after his breakout campaign of 2012. That led to a disasterous 2013 and changes in his regimen. A new coach. New diet. New mindset. It's a chance to reap some immediate rewards from that against Thiem. Thiem has been living dangerously in qualis, almost falling to De Voest in the opener before rallying for a 10-8 win in the 3rd. Against Bachinger, he got bageled in between two 6-3 sets for the win. Although he's shown some skill on this surface to start 2014, he's still a greenhorn on it. Klizan has the experience edge, albeit that he has some shitty memories from last year's turbulent season as well. Thiem has never been in the main draw at a Slam, while Klizan has that experience edge. If the re-dedication has done him right, look for him to squeeze into another.

Play #36: Guez +235
    It's Sugita as the opposition. While he has shown a competent game on this surface, he's certainly not immune from laying an egg. I despise the usual term here, but this looks like a good bit of Uncle Wally (Value).

*All Quali bets continue to be either to win 0.5 unit or risking 0.5 unit.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 01-10-14 at 07:24 PM.

EaglesPhan36

Kosakowski is gonna kick himself for this. Got a couple early breaks, blew them both and got blown out in the 1st set TB. Be pretty surprised to see him keep it together for the 2nd set after that - big test of nerves. Gonna have to steady the ship kid

EaglesPhan36

Well he showed some heart in the TB after all. Went from 5-2 down to even it up, but still lost it 9-7. Maybe that will give him a little confidence back though with the rally.

EaglesPhan36

Kid is done. Kind of thought he would have trouble keeping his composure to start the set and he did. Break to Wang. He might get raped in this 2nd set.

Grease King
    Grease King's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 491

where do you stream these games eagles?

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

EP I assume you're from Philly? I'm in West Chester, about 30 minutes outside the city.

EaglesPhan36

Australian Open website is streaming some matches. Mostly scoreboard watching.

EaglesPhan36

Not getting a whole lot to fall my way in qualis. Menendez-Maceiras had an opened at 6-5 to get a break point, but let Odesnik back in and then shit the bed on his net service game. Looks like another one falling in an extended third set. I think that's at least three picks this week that have gone extra and lost. Erg. Such is tennis betting. Still got two to go, but Klizan is up against it, down a set.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

like old times...EP, Shari, and HardCoar "on the same page" literally

ClutchOnandWin
    ClutchOnandWin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not getting a whole lot to fall my way in qualis. Menendez-Maceiras had an opened at 6-5 to get a break point, but let Odesnik back in and then shit the bed on his net service game. Looks like another one falling in an extended third set. I think that's at least three picks this week that have gone extra and lost. Erg. Such is tennis betting. Still got two to go, but Klizan is up against it, down a set.
    lol

This is not even close to touching surface.

In two days I've had a player not covert on 3 straight, running matchpoints all in one go and then another player lose 7 of 8 games in a row to lose a set 5-7 he led 4-0. Come on now man. lol

ClutchOnandWin
    ClutchOnandWin's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've heard the philosophy you shouldn't have to rely on luck to win at betting but you can atleast rely on not becoming consecutively unlucky several times throughout 2 weeks?

TheMLBKing
    TheMLBKing's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey EP.

I'm on Del Potro +1.5 sets in a parlay. Do you think this hits or is he in great danger of getting swept?

EaglesPhan36

Guez made my day.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 01-11-14 at 01:00 PM.

EaglesPhan36

Overall Profit Margin: +4.73

First ... 2345678 ... Last