Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

wow if you guys think Nadal is 'not looking good' and looking 'vulnerable' after the year he's having then I don't know what you expected of him...coming back after nearly 8 months off. Made the finals in every tourny he's played after returning, and lost only twice, once was obv a huge upset but it was literally his first tournament back and the other loss to the best player in the world.

But after that, he's clearly picked it up and his knee is def. not bothering him too much, if any at all. He's going into RG with supreme confidence and momentum, where as the only threat of his (Djokovic) is coming in with the exact opposite, and a potential injury. And regardless, its one thing to beat Nadal on clay in a best of 3...miles different to do it in a best of 5, and I don't see anyone doing it this year either.

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Really like the play MDF. Sarena has a hell of a shot to win the French. She absolutely dominated the last tment. IF she plays like that, I have NO clue who will take her out. Maybe Sarena is the only one who can knock out Sarena. If she doesn't do herself in, this play looks wonderful. BOL MDF!!!

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    wow if you guys think Nadal is 'not looking good' and looking 'vulnerable' after the year he's having then I don't know what you expected of him...coming back after nearly 8 months off. Made the finals in every tourny he's played after returning, and lost only twice, once was obv a huge upset but it was literally his first tournament back and the other loss to the best player in the world.

But after that, he's clearly picked it up and his knee is def. not bothering him too much, if any at all. He's going into RG with supreme confidence and momentum, where as the only threat of his (Djokovic) is coming in with the exact opposite, and a potential injury. And regardless, its one thing to beat Nadal on clay in a best of 3...miles different to do it in a best of 5, and I don't see anyone doing it this year either.
    Are you really just ignoring the fitness that it takes to win a 5-set match?

Nadal has played exactly 0! best of 5 set matches since June...

Not to mention... Do you really think he looked like his classic self in losing a 6-1 set to Gulbis? And that 2nd set vs. Ferrer was horrible... Some of the worst tennis i've ever seen him play in those first 4 games. If Ferrer wasn't such a mental midget when playing Nadal, he would've won that match in the 3rd set. And Gulbis had him on the ropes the whole match.

Sharp Snake
    Sharp Snake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 760

I'm not arguing about the French. He's the favorite and deserves to be but you're judging his "year" just off his clay court results.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    Are you really just ignoring the fitness that it takes to win a 5-set match?

Nadal has played exactly 0! best of 5 set matches since June...

Not to mention... Do you really think he looked like his classic self in losing a 6-1 set to Gulbis? And that 2nd set vs. Ferrer was horrible... Some of the worst tennis i've ever seen him play in those first 4 games. If Ferrer wasn't such a mental midget when playing Nadal, he would've won that match in the 3rd set. And Gulbis had him on the ropes the whole match.
    No I don't question Nadal's fitness one bit. If there was any doubt in it, I know for a fact he wouldn't be playing these many tourny's before the French Open. So his injury is obv. not bothering him and his 'fitness' and 'stamina' is about as good as anyones on tour.

And of course the guy wasn't gonna be his classic self after coming back from such a long injury. The reason he's been playing all these tourny's, including the 250, is exactly so he can lose all the rust before going into FO. And I'd say for the most part he's done well. He had lapses like the ones u mentioned but at the end of the day, he got out of them which is what counts.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nadal's fitness is fine. It's an incredible feat to make the finals in every tournament coming back from injury and he had to be in great shape to pull off that feat regardless that they were best of three tourneys. The Grand Slam format will actually benefit Nadal even further imo. It will make it that much harder for Djoker or anyone to win three sets off him. You may get lucky for a set or two but winning three sets on Nadal's court will be a incredibly tough feat.

If Djoker and Nadal meet in the finals and Nadal is -175 or less, my money will be on the spaniard.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post

umm Nadal is having the best year on tour.
    Five sets. Business Man. Jerzy Shore.

No further comments.

baconbets
    baconbets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

i saw nadal try some fairly pathetic drop shots against federer. its almost like he is self-conciously trying to find ways to end points faster, which suggests he isnt that condident about his health and fitness relative to the amount of activity he has had.

nadal is now 2/3 on my book for futures, which i believe is -150. that is basically like saying the field is +125 or so. with consideration for freak injuries, upsets, or a djokovic final, there just isnt any value in -150 on nadal. you may as well take his 3-0 set prices all the way to the semis until the competition gets good, letting your earnings compound on the way.

a good futures bet is something that carries the option to hedge out once you get into the later rounds. djokovic wont be higher than +200 if he faces nadal, and depending on who is showing good form, djokovic could be as low as evens. may as well wait for the nadal/djokovic final and lay big coin on nadal. by comparison, a futures bet causes unnecessary exposure.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by baconbets View Post
    i saw nadal try some fairly pathetic drop shots against federer. its almost like he is self-conciously trying to find ways to end points faster, which suggests he isnt that condident about his health and fitness relative to the amount of activity he has had.

nadal is now 2/3 on my book for futures, which i believe is -150. that is basically like saying the field is +125 or so. with consideration for freak injuries, upsets, or a djokovic final, there just isnt any value in -150 on nadal. you may as well take his 3-0 set prices all the way to the semis until the competition gets good, letting your earnings compound on the way.

a good futures bet is something that carries the option to hedge out once you get into the later rounds. djokovic wont be higher than +200 if he faces nadal, and depending on who is showing good form, djokovic could be as low as evens. may as well wait for the nadal/djokovic final and lay big coin on nadal. by comparison, a futures bet causes unnecessary exposure.
    I agree, the Nadal futures bet doesnt have value as the Serena future. I will however pound the final if Nadal makes it. If it's against Djoker, I will probably take the Nadal -3 games spread which will probably be around -110

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Not gonna bet on Futures , especially in WTA. Last time I had money on Williams she retired. Not enough value in like 2.30 to win the whole tournament. She is the best but still not good enough odds. I'd play @ 3.0 tho! GL to every one who has money on Williams.

ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

05:00 Williams S. - Sharapova M. 1.19 4.72

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

jumped in later at -150, but this thread reminded me

feeling good now

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    I agree, the Nadal futures bet doesnt have value as the Serena future
    yes, sharp

serena future is different for sure

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Anyone that took my advice at +150 has got the steal of the century because Serena is -500 vs Sharapova on Saturday.

One more match fellas and we'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

baconbets
    baconbets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

-500 is still a steal, so +150 is a mega steal.

TheMLBKing
    TheMLBKing's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    Absolutely horrible bet. Simply because she's "unbeatable" in a few matches at this very moment, you can't know that she'll continuously play this well for another three weeks or so.
    more golden advice from Fadecoar.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Absolutely horrible bet. Simply because she's "unbeatable" in a few matches at this very moment, you can't know that she'll continuously play this well for another three weeks or so.

Watch and learn kid...

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000
    CaptainOmar111's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMLBKing View Post
    more golden advice from Fadecoar.
    I said that he does not add anything to the forum many times !!!

He is here to post losers , no more !!!

Nice Name " FadeCoar " too hahaha

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000

Watch and learn kid...
    The other world sent him to post losers and shitty opinions hahaha

Nice Hit Magician

I have blocked Fadecoar 2 weeks ago to save my eyes from his shitty opinions , but maybe I will remove it to laugh at him everyday hhhhhhh
    Last edited by CaptainOmar111; 06-08-13 at 01:30 PM.

TheMLBKing

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainOmar111 View Post
    I said that he does not add anything to the forum many times !!!

He is here to post losers , no more !!!

Nice Name " FadeCoar " too hahaha
    lol pretty much. He was on haas and wawrinka ML for a unit each too. Ain't no such thing as value when it's dead money.

Hardcoar

Watch and learn kid...
    I still think it's a horrible bet. It happened to win. Learn the difference between a winning pick and a good bet, kid.

P.S. Congratulations on your win!

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000

Quote Originally Posted by TheMLBKing View Post
    lol pretty much. He was on haas and wawrinka ML for a unit each too. Ain't no such thing as value when it's dead money.
    hhhhhhhhh he search for value not winner

I like " FadeCoar " nickname so much

He is here to make us laugh at him lol hahaha

TheMLBKing

I still think it's a horrible bet. It happened to win. Learn the difference between a winning pick and a good bet, kid.

P.S. Congratulations on your win!
    how is getting serena at + money on a future a bad bet? She was an overwhelming favorite versus everyone she played, I don't think an open parlay of her money lines could have gotten the +130. FadeCoar gonna FadeCoar.

Hardcoar

I realize you must find it hard to grasp that possibility now that it's happened to win.

First 12