Sharp Snake
    Sharp Snake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 760

Sharp Snake Selections

So I'm going to try and give this a go starting with the Aussie Open and see how it turns out. Every bet will be 1u unless otherwise noted. Probably will be limited write-ups unless I get a specific request for one at first. Tail or fade, do as you wish. Good Luck.

Going to wait to post official plays until tomorrow but here are some leans...

Stepanek +175
    Fognini -125
    Authom -130
    Benneteau +150
    Lacko -170

Might have a future or two as well. Strongly considering playing Gasquet here since he's -4000 in round 1 and Monfils is +130 vs Dolgopolov. A bit juicier than I prefer, but I still think there's tons of value.
    AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2013 -ATP WHO WILL GO THE FURTHEST
    72225 GAEL MONFILS +250
    72226 RICHARD GASQUET -310

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

That Gasquet bet is a banker, play it.

I like the Authom pick but Berlocq is an absolute ? in my mind, I'm sorta afraid of Berlocq but it's true he may not be fully healthy atm

Sharp Snake

Another future....

AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2013 -ATP WHO WILL GO THE FURTHEST
    72229 GILLES SIMON -110X
    72230 SAN QUERREY -110

Both have showdowns looming vs Djokovic and Murray in the same round, so that's some added protection down the line. Wawrinka has a better shot at knocking out Querrey in the 3rd round than the survivor of the Monfils/Dolgopolov match knocking out Simon.

Sharp Snake

Quote Originally Posted by JNic View Post
    That Gasquet bet is a banker, play it.

I like the Authom pick but Berlocq is an absolute ? in my mind, I'm sorta afraid of Berlocq but it's true he may not be fully healthy atm
    I think Berlocq may be my least favorite player on tour. I never hesitate to find a spot to play against him and I think this could be it.

JNic

Actually Falla, and Haas are very very tough opponents, I would probably pass but I think Dolgo is going to beat Monfils but if he doesn't Lu is as tough as Falla. It's tough

Sharp Snake

Actually Falla, and Haas are very very tough opponents, I would probably pass but I think Dolgo is going to beat Monfils but if he doesn't Lu is as tough as Falla. It's tough

I agree Haas could give Gasquet trouble but I figure, if Monfils gets by Dolgopolov, which I don't think will happen, I can easily hedge out as Monfils should be a considerable favorite against Lu or Ramirez, no? as long as he's > +310, it's essentially free money unless Gasquet loses as a 40:1 favorite in round 1.

JNic

Why are you going against Bautista Agut here? Experience factor is huge, Bautista Agut never won a grand slam match and Fognini is a big time match player, especially after everyone saw him take out Monfils in that epic at the French a while back. Actually the Fognini play is good, what do you think about Fognini's form right now though

JNic

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp Snake View Post
    I agree Haas could give Gasquet trouble but I figure, if Monfils gets by Dolgopolov, which I don't think will happen, I can easily hedge out as Monfils should be a considerable favorite against Lu or Ramirez, no? as long as he's > +310, it's essentially free money unless Gasquet loses as a 40:1 favorite in round 1.
    Yea the Gasquet bet is good, I fear Falla a lot but Gasquet will definitely win. Even if Gasquet struggles, like goes down 0-2, I have this new belief in him that he can grind any match out. Dolgo is going to beat Monfils, I think Dolgo matches up perfectly with Monfils, the only thing is if unforced error Dolgo shows up and Monfils is serving out of his mind he could win but best of 5? I think Monfils is going to have many many letdowns, people expect too much of him after coming back from his injury (Haas and Kohlschreiber sort of just gave up those wins earlier this year while credit to Monfils for serving huge)

Sharp Snake

Experience is one factor, but I'm mostly fading Bautista Agut here. Fresh off retiring in Sydney in the first round, who knows what form he's in. I'll take the small line here even though he did make a good run in Chennai beating an uninterested Berdych.

Sharp Snake

Going to try and tighten up some of the leans and probably only half. I'm also trying to find a legitimate reason not to take Serena at even money to win the women's.

JNic

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp Snake View Post
    Experience is one factor, but I'm mostly fading Bautista Agut here. Fresh off retiring in Sydney in the first round, who knows what form he's in. I'll take the small line here even though he did make a good run in Chennai beating an uninterested Berdych.
    Berdych was far from uninterested, Bautista Agut actually brought some serious game to that match mixed with Berdych missing every forehand long. Fognini looks good but -125 is a little steep, no?

What you think about that Verdasco/Goffin match?

I also have a feeling Malisse is way too much of a favorite here, he showed good form last week but it's Malisse you know, Andujar has been weak but can stay very consistent and has tons of hardcourt matches under his belt now. I just feel like it could go 5 or something

Sharp Snake

What you think about that Verdasco/Goffin match?

I also have a feeling Malisse is way too much of a favorite here, he showed good form last week but it's Malisse you know, Andujar has been weak but can stay very consistent and has tons of hardcourt matches under his belt now. I just feel like it could go 5 or something
    1. I looked long and hard at the Goffin and Verdasco match. I feel like everyone is going to be on Goffin (rightfully so perhaps) but have a feeling Verdasco will win. Decided it's a no play for me.

2. Felt the same exact way about Malisse who looks absolutely great at times, mostly on grass though, then shits the bed. Definitely too much juice for a player like him.

3. Davydenko is on my fade list as well. I know he played great last week but I really don't think he can repeat it nor do I think he should be -700 given his history to tank

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

I'd be very wary of betting Stepanek first round. He retired with an intercostal muscle strain in Sydney. Did a search of medical advice sites and seems to be 2-3 weeks for a very minor strain.

It can hurt like playing with a broken rib if it isn't healed or goes again on court.

Why are you going against Bautista Agut here? Experience factor is huge, Bautista Agut never won a grand slam match and Fognini is a big time match player, especially after everyone saw him take out Monfils in that epic at the French a while back. Actually the Fognini play is good, what do you think about Fognini's form right now though
    He gave Raonic what for in the Kooyong exhibition.

Sharp Snake

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I'd be very wary of betting Stepanek first round. He retired with an intercostal muscle strain in Sydney. Did a search of medical advice sites and seems to be 2-3 weeks for a very minor strain.
    It can hurt like playing with a broken rib if it isn't healed or goes again on court.

Wow didn't know that. Last I heard, he said he was alright. Thanks for the heads-up.
    Last edited by Sharp Snake; 01-13-13 at 02:32 AM.

Sharp Snake

YTD 0-0 0u

Go Further Gasquet over Monfils -310

Go Further Simon over Querrey -110

Go Further Radwanska over Stosur -270

Stepanek +160

Kamke -325

Verdasco -150

Fognini -130

Authom -145

Benneteau +150

Lacko -175

Sharp Snake

Gotta love the dog cashing in straight sets over the boy wonder.

Benneteau +150
    Authom -145

Verdasco -150
    Kamke -325

YTD 3-1 +2.05u
    Last edited by Sharp Snake; 01-14-13 at 12:02 AM.

Sharp Snake

So frustrating to see Authom take the first set 6-1 then lose 2 tie breakers and now seemingly is done.

Sharp Snake

Great fight shown by Verdasco to rally back down 2 sets to 1. Not a bad start for SSS.

Optional

We've each gone 1-1 on the opposite sides of the last 2. Let's both go ahead on Foggy now ;-)

Sharp Snake

HA, sounds good to me Brotha.

smoovethug
    smoovethug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 341

Nice hit on Bennetau, solid start SS keep it up.

Sharp Snake

Adding Tipsarevic -140

Too many people on Hewitt..I'm not buying in. Tipsarevic rested up for this tournament and if he's near 100 %, he'll take out Rusty.

sgregory30
    sgregory30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Had Juan Monaco - what a massive disappointment!!
    Got John Millman (in trouble too) and Keys & Watson on the womens side... God do i hate tennis sometimes!

Sharp Snake

I know it's tempting, but you really have to try to stay away from the big lines early in the tournament, ESPECIALLY this one. A lot of guys have had weeks of layoffs and it takes some to get motivated for the start of the season. Tough break...keep following here and I'll try to help you get some of it back.

sgregory30
    sgregory30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

That would be nice! I'll keep following and tail your bets.

Sharp Snake

Benneteau +150 W 1.5u
    Authom -145 L 1.45u

Verdasco -150 W 1u
    Kamke -325 W 1u
    Lacko -175 W 1u

YTD 4-1 +3.05u

Optional

Nice day

Sharp Snake

Thanks man...Still with Tipsarevic, Stepanek, and Fognini (looks like a loss soon) pending...not too bad for Day 1.

Sharp Snake

Awesome ending of the night for me with Tipsarevic handling Hewitt like I thought he would and Stepanek coming back from a 2 set hole early on and seemingly getting broken every other serve. The Fognini match went back and forth throughout and I ended up on the wrong end but no complaints here. A great start for Day 1 and I'm looking forward to Day 2.

Benneteau +150 W 1.5u

Authom -145 L 1.45u

Verdasco -150 W 1u
    Kamke -325 W 1u
    Lacko -175 W 1u
    Tipsarevic -140 1u
    Stepanek +160 1.6u
    Fognini -130 1.3u

YTD 6-2 +4.35u

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Nice day yest Snake!!! I should of been right around the same. I can't believe that old fuk Berlocq won that match!!!! Crazy!!
    Also, great hit on Verdasco coming back from 2 sets down AND on Stepanek too!!! Good for you man

I hope you have a good day and night with the wagers. Best of luck, as always!!!

JNic

great start, keep it up

Sharp Snake

Is it just me or are there not that many appealing line tonight? Just did a once over and nothing stood out on the surface per sec. Going to dig a little deeper and see what I can muster up.

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

I hate to disagree, but I saw several lines that I loved!!! Gonna hit a few big parlays tonight I think, my plays will go up in about 30 mins. BOL this evening!!!

Sharp Snake

I'll be sure to check them out then.

Granollers is another guy who I feel's line is getting shrunk here. If it drops around -130 I may have to throw a play on it.

Sharp Snake

Duckworth -160
    Falla -300

EP shared most of my thoughts about Duckworth over in his thread and I looked at a lot of different scenarios and I just can't see Falla losing here. I hate paying the juice but It seems too safe to me. Still holding out to see if I can get Granollers at -130. Will probably have some more plays for the later matches

1234 ... Last