Sharp Snake
    Sharp Snake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 760

And there we go. Patience paid off some.

Granollers -135

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp Snake View Post
    Duckworth -160
    Falla -300

EP shared most of my thoughts about Duckworth over in his thread and I looked at a lot of different scenarios and I just can't see Falla losing here. I hate paying the juice but It seems too safe to me. Still holding out to see if I can get Granollers at -130. Will probably have some more plays for the later matches
    I agree about Falla completely, Ouanna is a ball basher who cannot construct points properly yet and Falla is in great form from his results. GL

smoovethug
    smoovethug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 341

Keep rolling SS, I'm with ya bud.

Sharp Snake

Falla -300 W 1u

An easy straight set win for Falla just like I had hoped. Nice start to the day.

YTD 7-2 +5.35u

sgregory30
    sgregory30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Tailing big time tonight bud! Need to make up for the Monaco and Millman losses yesterday.

Sharp Snake

One of the grosses wins after. Duckworth up 2 sets, lets Mitchell come all the way back for a 5th set with what seemed like hundreds of break point opportunities and blowing everyone. Mitchell then chokes his own serve to lose the match. Ultimate sweat, but I'll take the money in the bank.

Duckworth -160 W 1u

Day 2 2-0 2u

YTD 8-2 +6.35u

Sharp Snake

3-0 for the sweep today! Granollers wins 2 hard fought Tie Breaks and Zemlja suddenly retires in the 3rd set. I'll take it.

Granollers -135 W 1u

Day 2 3-0 3u
    Recap
    Granollers -135 W
    Falla -300 W
    Duckworth -160 W

YTD 9-2 +7.35u

Looking forward to another good day tomorrow with Day 3.

Sharp Snake

Failed to mention, but the Gasquet future is worth 2.5u

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Killing it!

Sharp Snake

Thanks buddy. Really just being selective and pretty lucky. Could have a forced a few plays on matches like Klizan/Brands and Levine/Robredo but I'm really trying to stay disciplined. Tempting with all these matches on and being being up all night. Really hoping Dolgopolov knocks out Monfils right now so I can cash the Gasquet future without sweat. Dolgopolov is really really sharp tonight. If he maintains this form, he could make a serious run here. Fatigue and random flakiness is always an issue for him but I'm digging the way he looks.

Sharp Snake

And just as I say that, Monfils claws out the Tie Break and evens it up at 1 a piece. Hell of a match thus far.

Optional

I hope they show the rest of the Dolgo match after this Tomic interview. Listening to Leconte commentating French players is always a show.

Sharp Snake

Do you have access to espn3? theyre showing it on there.

Sharp Snake

and broken in early in the 3rd...whoops!

Optional

Do you have access to espn3? theyre showing it on there.
    Nah, blocked from Aussies.

I could stream it, but I'm relaxing in the main lounge room with the big TV, which only has local Aussie TV hooked up. Been meaning to buy one of those smart TV dongles so I can stream on it.

Optional

We are getting the Aussie Gadjosova of course.

Might have to head back into the man cave

Sharp Snake

HAHA...this is getting funny. Back on serve.

Sharp Snake

Ultimate jinx on Dolgopolov but at least Gasquet looked pretty good in straight sets. Still confident he'll go further than Monfils.

Not many playable matches for me tonight but there are 2 small shots I'm going to take here.

Baker +425 .5u
    Kamke +450 .5u
    Stepanek +105 1u

Malisse + 130 1u
    Youzhny/Nishikori/Almagro Parlay -200 1u

Didn't like the way Querrey looked in his opening match and had far too much trouble with
    Munoz-De La Nava even though the results don't really show it. Baker won't and can't make a deep run here but he could give it all he has vs his fellow American here. Worth a small half unit play.

Wawrinka has these lapses where he just goes nutty or loses focus. His serve is an obvious advantage over Kamke, but if it's off and these two get into long rallies, I think Kamke has a shot. Worth a small half unit play. If i hit either of the long shots, I'm up 2u combined. Reward > Risk here.

Stepanek is a fighter. I like the way he fought back being down 0-2 in Day 1 vs Troicki. I've always liked Stepanek's game and he's in every match. Whatever injury concerns we had with his neck/rib/oblique/back is gone after playing 4+ hours and coming out with the win. Lopez is nothing special and may have an advantage with a little more pop off the racquet, but I like Stepanek's chances.

Malisse is playing well, Verdasco is Verdasco. Do I need to say more? I will... Verdasco is coming off an up and down match vs Goffin and didn't play particularly well. If Malisse's serve is on throughout the match, he wins. It's that simple to me.

I like Youhzny to win tonight rather easily but felt I needed to lower the price some so I took two other "gimmes" to lower it to 2:1. Donskoy is not much of a threat for the "Youzanator" (as EP likes to call him) and I'm looking forward to a nice short concise win.

BOL all.

YTD 9-2 +7.35u

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

You are doing really good snake! I hope you keep it rolling (except for the plays I am on, LOL). We do disagree with the Verdasco match, I think Malisse plays solid and its tight. I just see Verdasco getting thru after that tough opener he had. Sometimes a tough first match really gets you in focus in a tment. I know by experience, going with my guy here.

I also agree on Querrey a ton!!! I did not touch his match bec Baker is such a wildcard and if Querrey is not serving well, his game can go to CRAP! I have seen it with my own eyes!! He should win, but it could be super tight or an easy win or Baker could win. I had to stay away from 2 Americans playing each other. Coin flip in my eyes kind of. And Sam was -550??? Crazy!!!

Wawrinka is wawa, we all know this. But I think he wins tonight for sure. He looked good in his opening match, wouldnt surprise me if he made it to like the quarters or something really decent. We will see

Good luck with Youzhny. That is another guy I tend to stay away from. He scares the crap out of me. Has all the talent in the world, but just flat out struggles sometimes!!! Hope he comes thru for ya.

Sharp Snake

Ugh. Rough start. Not that I expected to high these two long shots with any certainly, Baker winning the first set and then retiring is rough. Mix it with Kamke being up a break and having a chance to go up a break in the 2nd set TB and then shitting it away, and now suddenly retiring, AND winning the first 2 legs of the parlay and now Youzhny is just giving away the 3rd set. Not sure what's happening now!

Kamke +450 -.5u
    Baker +425 -.5u

Nishikori/Almagro/Youzhny Parlay -200 -1u

YTD 9-5 +4.35u

edited to include Youzhny's absolute horse shit of a match.

Last edited by Sharp Snake; 01-16-13 at 12:08 AM.

Sharp Snake

Go Further Radwanska over Stosur -270 1u

This one seemed too easy when I placed it and while Stosur should have beaten Zheng, she completely folded like usual in Melbourne. I'll take it how I can after the start today.

YTD 10-5 +5.35u

Sharp Snake

Stepanek easy 3 straight set win with no resistance from Lopez.

Stepanek +105 1u W

YTD 11-5 +6.40u

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Good luck tonight snake!! Hope you do well sir

Sharp Snake

Added Malisse to total. I watched the first 2 sets and saw how awful he was playing so I went to sleep. Thank Dmoney, I think I may have a multi-unit play tonight but I'm looking over some things now.

YTD 11-6 +5.40u

Sharp Snake

Kavcic -200 2u
    Brands +600 .50u

Duckworth looked absolutely horrible in a long 5 set win over Mitchell, played doubles yesterday, and is certainly not used to playing grueling 5 setters in the heat. Kavcic handled Belucci with ease in his opening round match and I fully expect him to do the same today. My first multi-unit play thus far and I'm confident it's going to hit.

Brands has been playing superb the past few weeks. This line is huge and I'm thinking Tomic may be looking ahead to Federer next round and may not be focused on the task at hand. Granted, Tomic has been playing very very well, I think this has at least a 25 % chance of hitting.
    Last edited by Sharp Snake; 01-16-13 at 09:53 PM. Reason: typo

steveq
    getthenet
    steveq's Avatar Become A Pro!

baker was nice play till he went out

Sharp Snake

Yeah it was a rough break. At first I thought Querrey retired because I said Baker take the first set, but then I saw the clip of his knee giving out. Sympathy goes out for him as well. He's been battling injuries for years and made a big comeback last year.

Always another day...

Hammondr
    Hammondr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Kavcic -200 2u
    Brands +600 .25u

Brands has been playing superb the past few weeks. This line is huge and I'm thinking Tomic may be looking ahead to Federer next round and may not be focused on the task at hand. Granted, Tomic has been playing very very well, I think this has at least a 25 % chance of hitting.
    was thinking the same about Brands if he can pressure tomic early we could see the baby come out in tomic again both havehad super start to the year

Sharp Snake

accidently wrote .25u instead of .5u because of me writing 25 % chance..whoops...

Brands is controlling the match thus far and is looking great. Duckworth is falling apart.

Sharp Snake

I will absolutely take the Brands lose with my head held high. To go to 3/4 tie breaks at +600, I'll make this bet 10 times out of ten. Ill wait on the Kavcic match to finish up here because adjusting my record.

Sharp Snake

Two big time sweats here. Brands gave it all he had and really battled Tomic. Can't blame him at all.

Kavcic had so many chances to take this match. 3 Match points at 5-6, among endless other break chances, Duckworth cramping in the 5th set (Duckworth has now played the 2 longest matches of the tournament and also is playing doubles. Exactly what I hoped would happen if we needed it) , blah blah blah. Total time of close to 5 hours in the 100 degree heat. Brutal. He did pull out the win, so I cant complain too much,just much more difficult than I hoped.
    Very happy to cash my first multi-unit play of the tournament.

Brands +600 -.5u L

Kavcic -200 2u W

YTD 12-7 +6.90
    u

2014millionaire
    2014millionaire's Avatar Become A Pro!

Two big time sweats here. Brands gave it all he had and really battled Tomic. Can't blame him at all.

Kavcic had so many chances to take this match. 3 Match points at 5-6, among endless other break chances, Duckworth cramping in the 5th set (Duckworth has now played the 2 longest matches of the tournament and also is playing doubles. Exactly what I hoped would happen if we needed it)
    , blah blah blah. Total time of close to 5 hours in the 100 degree heat. Brutal. He did pull out the win, so I cant complain too much,just much more difficult than I hoped. Very happy to cash my first multi-unit play of the tournament.

Brands +600 -.5u L

Kavcic -200 2u W

YTD 12-7 +6.90
    u
    Nice win SS. Who do you like in the upcoming matches later today? I just put down Federer in straight sets over Dav -200 though. We'll see what happens.

atc117
    atc117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

I was also sweating the Kavcic match...that fifth set was beyond frustrating.

Sharp Snake

Quote Originally Posted by 2014millionaire View Post
    Nice win SS. Who do you like in the upcoming matches later today? I just put down Federer in straight sets over Dav -200 though. We'll see what happens.
    Obviously I think Fed and Delpo should win. Hard to say in straights or not. With this heat, you'd think they'd want it over with as soon as possible.

I see Monfils took the first set over Lu. He should win the match (hoping he doesn't for the futures).

Optional

I almost mushed Kavcic on you.

First 12345 ... Last