EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow. Lindstedt-Tecau might just be cursed in finals at Wimbledon. Wildcards, including the brit Marray, up 2-1. Tight match the whole way as expected, but thought the experienced team would be the ones getting the key points. Crowd loves that a Brit might finally get a trophy of some sort. Still have to close it out, but it seems perhaps fate is on their side as well.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

lol...Marray/Nielsen up 5-2 in the 4th set tie-break to close it out....end up losing 5-7 tie break.Nerves might have finally gotten to them....5th set should be reall good

EaglesPhan36

Great doubles match. Going to a 5th set. Lindstedt-Tecau rally from down 2-5 in the tie break to take it 7-5.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Lin/Tec live +1500 to -175 in one minute

EaglesPhan36

And probably right back to that. They just got broken. We'll see if the wildcards get tight serving for the match in a bit, but I think Lindstedt-Tecau are done. Tough match to lose for either team.

EaglesPhan36

Probably the most improbable Grand Slam Champs ever. Lindstedt-Tecau might as well just ask for the runners-up trophy to start every time here.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Man I hate Mixed Doubles. Since they only play at Slams, it is really tough to gauge who is going to do what. Only thing that seems fairly constant is that the top seeds consistently don't win the title.
    Seems to me you play on the team with the better chick. The guy is going to win 99% of his service games since half of his serves go to a chick where he will win 90% of his points. So really the guy doesnt mean much. He's predictable he's going to win the games he serves.

The team with the better chick will be able to break the other teams chick. I've only watched a couple of matches but seems pretty clear to me.

EaglesPhan36

Not sure how you can say the guy doesn't mean much. You're going to play some rallies/net volleys because not every serve results in an unreturnable point or ace. From the point you make above about their serves - that alone would seem to emphasize that you think the men are important because you think they can dominate with serve, right?

Not sure what your definition is of better chick either ... better doubles player? Or do you mean talent overall? I don't think talent overall applies at all - otherwise, the teams with the better singles player would win titles all the time, right?

First 12