bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

betonline- warning (canceled wager)

BetOnline canceled a prop wager of mine last night. they told me the decision is final. i will post my reasoning below of why this was wrong. my decision now is to withdraw my nearly 5 figure balance and never play there again becasue i do not trust them.

it was mike bibby over 12.5 points + assists. a perfectly good line (5dimes had the same). the one catch was it says the pistons game on the ticket (i got to the wager from clicking on the knicks /hawks "event bets") I did not know this at the time of the wager but even if i did, i dont think it should matter.

this is NOT ACCEPTABLE for 3 main reasons.

1st of all this was obviously for the hawks game that mike bibby was playing in. anyone would know this. your reasoning is similar to cancelling action if a players name was slightly misspelled. rediculous

2nd of all, i got to this line when i clicked on "even bets" for the knicks/ hawks game. it was listed amongst a bunch of props for the knicks/hawks game not the pistons/pacers game.

3rd and most importantly, nobody told me! if you are cancelling a wager of mine, it should be done before the start of the game (was this?? i dont know) and with proper notification, either an email or note in the account or any other form of communication available to us in this day and age. i should not be forced to play a guessing game of when my wagers are cancelled.

a measly 200 bucks, customer for 5 years and they have now lost me forever. nice work!

LGBoots
    LGBoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

That's bad form from Betonline Hopefully SBR can do something for you to get your rightful payout.

bubba

anyone know how vegas would treat the issue? a ticket with an error on it?

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

On a wager where the wrong team is listed, it is normal to void the wager. Was the wrong team listed?

It is definitely sloppy to put something up if the wrong team was on it... but it is normal to void that. Ideally, they would do it before the game and email you, but it is normal regardless.

bubba

yes, on the ticket the wrong team was listed, however it was listed amongst the event bets for the proper game. if i placed the bet in vegas (assuming a vegas book would be so sloppy as to list the wrong game) and i came back to cash the ticket, would they pay it?

i cannot emphasize enough that my biggest issue is not being contacted before gametime. they have my number, email address, or even a note in the account would have been fair.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree.

5Dimes cancelled a wager on San diego +15 this past weekend on me because they listed San diego "state" on the ticket. The error was so minor that I did not even notice it I saw the two teams who were playing and the rotation number and knew exactly who I was betting, ironically my wager was not canceled until the line had moved against me.

I contacted them before the game and informed them that San Diego was indeed who I wanted to bet and requested that I be allowed to place my wager at the price it was at when I placed the wager to no avail.

Wonder what they would have said if I was on the other side and wanted the other side at -15 instead of the -14.5???? that is assuming they would have even cancelled my wager on the other end.

me-first
    me-first's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

That's a tough call, but probably a call that BetOnLine was forced to make. There was most likely shot-takers on both sides of the bet waiting to point out the listed team error when/if their prop wager lost. In that situation, they really have no other choice then to cancel the wager..I totally agree though, they certainly need to contact the players asap whenever a wager is canceled, no matter the reason..
    Last edited by me-first; 02-17-11 at 05:02 PM.

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by me-first View Post
    That's a tough call, but probably a call that Bodog was forced to make. There was most likely shot-takers on both sides of the bet waiting to point out the listed team error when/if their prop wager lost. In that situation, they really have no other choice then to cancel the wager..I totally agree though, they certainly need to contact the players asap whenever a wager is canceled for any reason..

if they cancelled before the game and emailed me the reason i would have no problem at all with this. the problem is not telling me.

now that i think about it i have had multiple wagers at matchbook with minor errors i noticed. i contacted them and they tell me its fine.

anyone know the vegas rule?

Justin7

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    I agree.

5Dimes cancelled a wager on San diego +15 this past weekend on me because they listed San diego "state" on the ticket. The error was so minor that I did not even notice it I saw the two teams who were playing and the rotation number and knew exactly who I was betting, ironically my wager was not canceled until the line had moved against me.

I contacted them before the game and informed them that San Diego was indeed who I wanted to bet and requested that I be allowed to place my wager at the price it was at when I placed the wager to no avail.

Wonder what they would have said if I was on the other side and wanted the other side at -15 instead of the -14.5???? that is assuming they would have even cancelled my wager on the other end.
    If you contacted them before the game, the decent thing to do would be to honor the game at the good price.

Justin7

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post

anyone know the vegas rule?
    I have never seen a non-existent match listed in Vegas, and I do not believe there is a rule directly on point. This happens with alarming regularity offshore though, and even with minor changes in a matchup (like using the wrong first initial of a pitcher in a baseball game), it is standard to void the bets.

BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cmon BOL get this right.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    If you contacted them before the game, the decent thing to do would be to honor the game at the good price.

My thought is with 7 hours till game time and my confirmation that the wager was indeed the wager I intended that the bet should have stood, but it is what it is. I guess 5dimes got a free shot to get out of a -EV position.

Looking forward to the day where this industry is regulated and books are not allowed to make their own rules or take shots at players.
    Last edited by sharpcat; 02-18-11 at 04:55 AM.