SlappyWhite
    SlappyWhite's Avatar Become A Pro!

BetUS down?

Anyone else having trouble connecting to betus? They have been down since about 9am CST (GMT -6)

Steeltown
    Steeltown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dude, yu cant be serious about placing bets at Bet US are you? Take your cash and run son.

gambleballs
    gambleballs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 739

Yeah its down. I got in a couple bets earlier but forgot what they were. went back to check. Cant connect with server error.

Steeltown

Thats crazy. They are rated an F here boys.

gambleballs

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltown View Post
    Thats crazy. They are rated an F here boys.
    Jesus man, Great info....

"BetUs None D+ www.betus.com"

SlappyWhite

Quote Originally Posted by gambleballs View Post
    Jesus man, Great info....

"BetUs None D+ www.betus.com"
    I have slowly been taking my money out of betus and moving it to betjm, betus has a nasty habit of canceling you if you try to withdrawl to fast but i am still placing wagers there, no sense in not having the money work for you.

Steeltown

What info would you like. Bet US has scammed hundreds if not thousands of players over the years. Just becasue a few years have gone by doesnt mean they are ok now. Its in their blood dude. Just like Royal Sports. Why reward shops like them when solid books who have never even once stolen money from winners are out there? Would you feel safe if you won 45 grand there? Of course not. Why invite the stress into your life? You can get nice bonuses elsewhere and not worry about getting scammed by a known scam operation. trust me. It happened to me my friend. They are a D+. My bad. Thats not a good grade man.

gambleballs

Last edited by gambleballs; 07-22-08 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Post-Post Remorse

SlappyWhite

betus is back up, one reason i do play there even though they are shady is often times i can get lines that qualify for arbitrage between the books.

Steeltown

And it doesnt bother you that by sending them money you keep them in business and in turn naive and new players blindly send there money their and get scammed? Do you not care about the future of this industry? I know you enjoy gambling offshore and if we keep these scumbags joints in play it looks bad for the industry and good for the politicians trying to shut it down. Nothing good comes from sending your money to known scam shops and known hoodlums. Do you realize how silly it is to say you know its a risk but I like the lines? If you arent going to get paid anyways what difference does it make? Why do you think Bet US and the other scam shops offer huge 50 % bonuses? Because they arent sending it back to you anyways right? Think about the big picture and the future for us all . Thats all I ask.

bleedblue
    bleedblue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4551

BetUS is up and running now.

bleedblue

slappy check out Phili +1.5 -115

gambleballs

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue View Post
    slappy check out Phili +1.5 -115
    Enjoy those while they last fellas. These guys deal 2 lines.

bleedblue

Enjoy those while they last fellas. These guys deal 2 lines.
    whats that mean?

SlappyWhite

they changed the line when tried placing that would have been nice too, gave me an arb of +15 between betus and everywhere else.

Steeltown

WOW unreal!

gambleballs

whats that mean?
    That means... for a while after you sign up they will deal you the "Square line" which, an example from tonight, was Philly +1.5 -115, NYM -1.5 -105. If you bet the right side of that bet many times they will switch you to the Sharp Line. Which woulda been Phi +1.5 -145, NYM -1.5 +125. Basically what the rest of the market had.

So at any given time of day the book can display two sets of numbers to two different account. Quite a few other books use this practice, including some A rated books like Bodog and VIP who go after recreational bettors.

bleedblue

That means... for a while after you sign up they will deal you the "Square line" which, an example from tonight, was Philly +1.5 -115, NYM -1.5 -105. If you bet the right side of that bet many times they will switch you to the Sharp Line. Which woulda been Phi +1.5 -145, NYM -1.5 +125. Basically what the rest of the market had.

So at any given time of day the book can display two sets of numbers to two different account. Quite a few other books use this practice, including some A rated books like Bodog and VIP who go after recreational bettors.
    okay, that was what i figured it meant...

What exactly is the motivation behind it? To identify sharp bettors?
    I don't see how that would be worthwhile to them. If they decide to switch the lines, I will have already made a good return on a small investment, and will just go play elsewhere (as long as they pay me)

SlappyWhite

When I first signed up at BetUS i was able to get arbitrage lines that gave me +35 or higher. Now that i have been there a while it is much less frequent and i can usually only get +10 or less.

gambleballs

okay, that was what i figured it meant...

What exactly is the motivation behind it? To identify sharp bettors?
    I don't see how that would be worthwhile to them. If they decide to switch the lines, I will have already made a good return on a small investment, and will just go play elsewhere (as long as they pay me)
    Ive never seen books do it quite like BetUS. Usually if a book deals a square line its 5-10 cents off the regular line on every bet. Usually shaded toward the favorite and over. But with BetUS it seems like they will just have one or two lines that are WAY off market. perhaps to identify people who are arbing out their bonus, or something like that. Im not sure. All I know is it wont last if you bet into it.

bleedblue

Ive never seen books do it quite like BetUS. Usually if a book deals a square line its 5-10 cents off the regular line on every bet. Usually shaded toward the favorite and over. But with BetUS it seems like they will just have one or two lines that are WAY off market. perhaps to identify people who are arbing out their bonus, or something like that. Im not sure. All I know is it wont last if you bet into it.
    alright, thanks for the heads up.

Steeltown

Just flush your money down the toilet next time you are thinking about sending your hard earned money to a scam op like Bet US!

doda
    doda's Avatar Become A Pro!

betus is pretty slow right now

Godzilla
    Godzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone using betus needs their brain examined!!

Steeltown

EXACTLY

jtuck
    jtuck's Avatar Become A Pro!

3 ways to tell BetUS is a bad book before ever visiting SBR.
    1. Weekly Cold Calls
    2. 100% Bonuses
    3. They are a sponsor across the street

Steeltown

across the street where? I cant believe any legit sponsor of the industry would advocate sending money to this scam op. Unbelievable!!!

jtuck
    jtuck's Avatar Become A Pro!

at another forum that is known for accepting money to promote bad books