englishmike
    englishmike's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
    You hit the nail on the head right there. Bet365 views you as a mug. They limit all players they see as sharp, double-quick. They obviously don't feel that way about you. This tendency of theirs is so well known in the industry it would fall under the category of common knowledge. As stated, they are widely known as Bet 3.65 for that reason.

Books that I know do the time delay in some cases:

Betonline
    Bet Jamaica
    Unfortunately the mug tag might well be correct, Ive had some nice wins but theres no doubt Im down in the long haul by a long way, absolutely no doubt about that. Id love to come on these forums and say blah blah blah Im a fantastic gambler, Im 35 units up etc etc but alas I cant, I lose more than I win, I just get lucky when the parlays with more money on win and the low amounts lose. I dont see many people on these forums admit that.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

All you guys complaining about delays- I wish I won enough or was pegged as a sharp to endure that inconvenience.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17045

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    All you guys complaining about delays- I wish I won enough or was pegged as a sharp to endure that inconvenience.
    It's not the 10-12 seconds of waiting that bothers me--it's what happens during that time. Many times I'll get a message about a price change, which results in my canceling the bet. Betjam is notorious for this tactic.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Easy to get that experience:

1) Go to Boylesports
    2) Place bet on ... well, anything.
    3) Enjoy $1 stake limits.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    Easy to get that experience:

1) Go to Boylesports
    2) Place bet on ... well, anything.
    3) Enjoy $1 stake limits.
    You won't get the "time delay" at Boylesports at all, however you will get the "Due to risk controls " nag, which is the same thing if not worse.

Frank
    Frank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9831

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    It's not the 10-12 seconds of waiting that bothers me--it's what happens during that time. Many times I'll get a message about a price change, which results in my canceling the bet. Betjam is notorious for this tactic.

Skybook is worse with the price changes.

They can have a line a few cents better than other books and it can sit there for hours.

No other book has moved their line on the game for 30 minutes.

I will refresh the lines to make sure it is still there.

I try to place my wager.

The line has moved.

I think they analyze whether they want my bet or not during my delay.

It happens occasionally at Betjam but I think they are actually moving their number instead of avoiding bets.

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have faced delays from time to time at several different books, 10-20 seconds, always assumed it was a software or browser issue, have never been denied a wager, but many times it has come back saying there is a new line, which is always 1/2 pt against me,

is this perhaps why they have the delay? to screw some of us with 1/2 pts? i have never taken much from a book but did pretty well last yr at quite a few of them

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ah gotcha.

Well I can understand implementing that tactics for sharps such as yourself. If it comes too big a pain, can always just take your action to Greek where you shouldn't endure that at all.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ah gotcha.

Well I can understand implementing that tactics for sharps such as yourself. If it comes too big a pain, can always just take your action to Greek where you shouldn't endure that at all.
    WRONG!!

But, they are nice about it. They just tell you to leave or use the phone. Use the phone is the kind way of saying "we don't want your action, but if you are stupid enough to call in we will adjust the line accordingly"

chemist
    chemist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 366

BBD, I haven't actually timed it , but it feels like a 10-12 second delay at both BJ & 5D.
    BJ has been known to set a 10 second timer on the client side.

Wheell
    Wheell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1022

Wsex
    Bj

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by Wheell View Post
    Wsex
    Bj
    How long are your delays on those to sites sir?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Skybook maybe 10 sec.
    WSEX: varies a little I am sure they are doing it manually

DIF
    DIF's Avatar Become A Pro!

betjam start with this about few weeks ago for my account.

Then the worst delay I know comes from Ladbrokes-LIVE BETTING. I stop bet LIVE now since they changed from 5 to 10 secunds for MLB - NBA- Tennis too.

Im not sure if Im alone with that 10 secunds with them but for me its been a disaster. its useless try win in the long run with 10 secunds delay. No-one can make it. Bad bad lad

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    Bet365 are known in the UK to cut limits to nothing for:

1) Anyone they think is arbing. By cut limits, I mean <10 pound stake limits on everything, closing the account in all but name.

2) Bonus hunters.
    That is true Hee. My limits are $25USD there. My limits for Euro hockey are $10 USD. My limits for most US sports are $10USD. They also prohibit me from collecting any bonus's. Bet365 makes you a bonus offer, you accept then your an idiot after clearing the bonus. They are not to be taking seriously by any gambler.

DIF
    DIF's Avatar Become A Pro!

Perhaps some of you also tried bet on phone. it the end its

another sort of time delay ON PHONE.;

ME;
    I want to bet on lakers +110 moneyline. please hurry up. IM know its a change perhaps soon. I want them for the real price +110. I have long calls so please hurry up.

customer service:
    YES SIR, pleas hold and I talk to management first. it take a couple of secunds.

1minute later; SIR we can only offer the price to 1000 to win 900. Is that acceptable for you?

me; No. I take itnext time . Thanks for telling me.

customer service; sorry for any imconvencies.

me; its. ok. bye then.

customer service; you are welcome.

me; bye

customer service bye.

in the end for this potential bet that I found I only lose 20$ (for the long calls) and without a single bet made.

WOW Im really happy I was that fast.

Thanks Customerservice.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by DIF View Post
    Perhaps some of you also tried bet on phone. it the end its

another sort of time delay ON PHONE.;

ME;
    I want to bet on lakers +110 moneyline. please hurry up. IM know its a change perhaps soon. I want them for the real price +110. I have long calls so please hurry up.

customer service:
    YES SIR, pleas hold and I talk to management first. it take a couple of secunds.

1minute later; SIR we can only offer the price to 1000 to win 900. Is that acceptable for you?

me; No. I take itnext time . Thanks for telling me.

customer service; sorry for any imconvencies.

me; its. ok. bye then.

customer service; you are welcome.

me; bye

customer service bye.

in the end for this potential bet that I found I only lose 20$ (for the long calls) and without a single bet made.

WOW Im really happy I was that fast.

Thanks Customerservice.
    That about sums up everything in regards to phoning in your wager and placing bets via a books website.

bigboydan

So far here is what I have compiled from the above gentlemen. If you have ever experienced any types of noticeable delays, please feel free to share them with me.

VIP is anywhere between 90-120 seconds

10Bet is anywhere between 90-120 seconds

BetJamaica is anywhere between 10-15 seconds

SkyBook is anywhere between 8-15 seconds

5Dimes as low as 15 and as high as 30 seconds

Betonline will not delay but will automatically log you out out after accepting a wager over a certain amount and make me go through the whole login process, which takes forever with the new software, to get back in your account.

CRIS/Bookmaker/DSI may have added the "loading data" part to secretly slow players down who are trying to bet steam. At times it takes 30 seconds to load up a 15 game board. Its not a wager delay but it is a delay when switching from sport to sport.

Boylesports won't delay you at all, however they you will see a "due to risk controls" nag, which is basically the same thing as what BetOnline is doing.

Bet365 will show you the door after a wager or two if you show any type of promise. So you have to play there extremely carefully to avoid detection.

WSEX has a up to a 1 minute delay for some people
    Last edited by bigboydan; 08-10-08 at 10:27 PM. Reason: updated list

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Nice work

bigboydan

Glad you like it Mike.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

ABC Island is a credit shop?

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Glad you like it Mike.
    Transfer of books to books are great, there are books listed I didn't even know they existed.

OUTSTANDING WORK yes:

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    ABC Island is a credit shop?
    ABCIslands is both post up and a credit shop.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Transfer of books to books are great, there are books listed I didn't even know they existed.

OUTSTANDING WORK yes:
    Here is the thread on this subject Mike.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I knew this thread was here somewhere.

BOL can now be officially listed as one of the books offering significant time delays. I realize it was do this or hire another linesman--but geez, you can go get a sandwich and beer during this. It's abt 50/50 whether they let u have it or not.

Delay is abt 20 seconds. Absolutely nearing 5Dimes category.

Tosser
    Tosser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wsex removes the delay again if you ask them (know of 3 cases where they did that), so there is prolly a difference between gettig delayed by Wsex and..letīs say 5Dimes.
    We all know 5D is scared of professionals, Wsex are just trying to avoid steam plays for a particular part of a season.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure

They do that type of stuff to professional players sir.
    I'm certainly not a pro but they had shown me the door. They don't like winners period.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure

Quote Originally Posted by englishmike View Post
    Thanks for your input, I'll continue to bet there because I always have but its interesting to hear this stuff, I'm shocked by it, if only because of the wealth and cashflow they have. To take it a step further, which three books would you say definetly accomodate people that could be described as clever, sharp or professional?
    I just went there as I couldn't remember what my limits are. $5 USD is what I can bet on MLB. I can post screen captures of it if you wish.

moonbeam
    moonbeam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Centrebet (I really like this book) took me on a 120 seconds time delay with their LIVE betting.

Which means they can can do whatever they want. This really sucks.

bigboydan

SBR poster Juice reports he's now on a 20-40 second time delay at 188bet. Anyone else experiencing this sorta thing at there establishment. If so how long?

shipitkthx
    shipitkthx's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Skybook is worse with the price changes.

They can have a line a few cents better than other books and it can sit there for hours.

No other book has moved their line on the game for 30 minutes.

I will refresh the lines to make sure it is still there.

I try to place my wager.

The line has moved.

I think they analyze whether they want my bet or not during my delay.

It happens occasionally at Betjam but I think they are actually moving their number instead of avoiding bets.
    Um....what else did you possibly think the delay was for?? The entire point is so they can move the line on you.

moonbeam
    moonbeam's Avatar Become A Pro!

So far here is what I have compiled from the above gentlemen. If you have ever experienced any types of noticeable delays, please feel free to share them with me.

10Bet is anywhere between 90-120 seconds
    As far as I know, thatīs the normal procedure of 10bet

They always use this delay, also for absolute beginners.

(specifically in "live betting")
    Last edited by moonbeam; 09-25-08 at 12:32 PM.

bigboydan

After reading this thread I think we need to update this thread as well gentlemen.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

I think its better if you start a new topic regarding this issue big boy, this thread is over 2 years old, most of the fukking books mentioned in this fukking thread no longer exist sir

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    I think its better if you start a new topic regarding this issue big boy, this thread is over 2 years old, most of the fukking books mentioned in this fukking thread no longer exist sir
    I think that's probably the best way to go as well sir. I just was trying to start everything over again from scratch is all however it's looking like I'm going to have to.

First 123 Last