bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lets talk "Time Delays" Gentlemen

We all know that books like 5Dimes as well as other books will put you on a delay fairly fast if you start get the best of them. What I would like to do is compile a list of books that do this sorta thing, along with types of time delays books have imposed on you throughout your offshore career.

Now since I reside in the U.S.A. I can not play at certain book due to the restrictions. So am going to rely on you fine SBR posters to help me out with the info I am seeking.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Delay? Books would accelerate their software in order to accept my bets...

They can't take my bets fast enough...

englishmike
    englishmike's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bet365 In running can be VERY slow, especially golf.

bigboydan

I know 10Bet will impose a 90-120 second type delay on people. Now that is just ridiculous

bigboydan

VIP is another book that will impose a 120 second time delay to players.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by englishmike View Post
    Bet365 In running can be VERY slow, especially golf.
    I'm not sure what type of time delay Bet365 uses at all, because I never played there at all. However, I do know that they have been known to show players the door after making only 2 wagers.

daggerkobe
    UCONN PK MICH PK PROVIDENCE +2
    daggerkobe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never faced any delays at Bodog even when I was up $15k earlier this year. But I do encounter long delays on my iphone.

If true, can't u just call it in? Or does the delay extend to their phones?

englishmike

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I'm not sure what type of time delay Bet365 uses at all, because I never played there at all. However, I do know that they have been known to show players the door after making only 2 wagers.
    2 Bets? lol Why would that be? Ive had an account there for 10 years, they stand at every English horseracing track and they have god knows how many shops on the UK highstreet. If you work out how much they have on a favourite in a horserace its astronomical, soccer matches as well, this isnt a small outfit. Maybe it was because they knew you were here in the US. I use my english bank to bet with them but theyve asked me many times where I'm actually living because of my IP. but let it go because the account is funded and paid back into my English account. I dont know how much you bet but the exchange rate is $0.50 = £1.00 so your 20 grand is actually 10 grand to them so I cant see it. Whilst im not saying what you say is incorrect I am saying they take a lumpy bet off anyone, albeit thats my experience.
    Last edited by englishmike; 07-07-08 at 07:46 PM. Reason: typo

bigboydan

2 Bets? lol Why would that be?
    They do that type of stuff to professional players sir.

englishmike

They do that type of stuff to professional players sir.
    I cant speak for them and I cant speak for how much they would lay american sports bets for. I do know they take individual bets of £100,000 on soccer all the time, theres even a column in the Racing Post newspaper in England now on a mOnday morning reporting which large bets were struck.
    As I said, whetherits because they know you are in the US or whether its because they think you might know something they dont,I dont know, but everyone in the UK knows they are a player.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Most serious punters in the UK know they're a joke.

englishmike

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    Most serious punters in the UK know they're a joke.
    Most serious punters I know bet with them, especially golf and soccer.

englishmike

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0...ng-online.html

Theyve just sold off their entire retail division for a quarter of a billion so they can invest it in online gambling and then knock big bets back. lol

rcn848
    rcn848's Avatar Become A Pro!

sure, big bets.

my limits are $5.

englishmike

Quote Originally Posted by rcn848 View Post
    sure, big bets.

my limits are $5.
    I love reasoned debate and Im open to all views. Youre a twat. I'll leave it to others to judge your credibility from your previous posts.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

BetJam - 15secs

rcn848
    rcn848's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love reasoned debate and Im open to all views. Youre a twat. I'll leave it to others to judge your credibility from your previous posts.
    I don't have any other previous posts.

Anyone that shows that they have even the slightest clue of what they are doing are limited at Bet365.

It's nicknamed Bet 3.65 for a reason.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16973

5-Dimes and BetJam delay my bets for several seconds.

englishmike

Quote Originally Posted by rcn848 View Post
    I don't have any other previous posts.

Anyone that shows that they have even the slightest clue of what they are doing are limited at Bet365.

It's nicknamed Bet 3.65 for a reason.
    Sorry, I thought you posted more retarded crap this morning. I'm can't be bothered to argue this anymore because its boring. You say youve got $5 limits, I accept that. The fact that $5 = £2.50 makes this whole argument pointless. Ive just been on their site and their max bet without approval for a totals bet is $2000.

I captured it here. Youre talking crap. My max bet is 500 bucks and i get it on.
    Selection 1
    07/07/2008
    FLA Marlins(R Nolasco) @ SD Padres(G Maddux)
    Game Totals
    (R Nolasco & G Maddux must start) Over 8.0

Standard Bankers

Your bet slip is being processed.
    To request a large bet, increase the Stake/To Win value and click Place Bet. The amount by which this figure exceeds Bet Max will be referred to a Trader.
    Please be patient, your additional stake has been referred to a Trader.
    Selections Odds E/W

pt=N#o=6/5#f=33377785#fp=66030173#so=0#c=16#ln=8. 0# Over 8.0 6/5
    Adjusted total/price may apply
    PitcherAction:
    Listed pitchers must start R Nolasco must start G Maddux must start Action
    Stake: To Win:
    Bet Max

Total Stake: 1000.00

Claim Free Bet:
    Enter Offer Code:
    Validate

Remove All Place Bet

BET SLIP: Selections: 0

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Skybook 8 seconds

bigboydan

Thanks mathdotcom and Katstale for sharing your experiences with us all.

HedgeHog, Any idea on how many seconds they have you delayed?

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13658

I'm delayed by exactly 10 seconds on my wagers with Bet Jamaica....Oddly though, there is never a delay on any proposition wager that I place.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

Most serious punters I know bet with them, especially golf and soccer.
    the serious punters you know, might either be not so serious as you think, or are seriously losing punters.

the fact they advertise decent limits on their website, and you actually might still be having decent limits available to you, doesn't change other posters here being totally right about bet365 limiting anyone with any betting IQ to ridiculously low amounts. do a search on some euro-bettingforums and you'll see for yourself.

Stacocakes
    Stacocakes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

I wish I got time delays, I just get limited to 20 bucks

noyb

on topic: i think there's a big difference between an automatic time delay and a book that wants to approve all of your bets manually by their trader. I've never experienced the first, and very often experienced the second.
    I think it's an acceptable way to do business, especially if the traders are fast about it and willing to accept larger stakes at times. To be honest the two or whatever minutes it takes 10Bet to decide whether they want a bet or not, is a lot better than the 10-30 minutes Unibet usually take.

englishmike

As ive said before, peoples experiences are what they are, I'm not here to call anybody a liar but what I can do is say that my own personal experience isn't the same as what has been posted here. If thats because they view me as a fukkin mug then so be it, that could be your reason but when I see someone whos posted twice(one of which he edited because it was a fukkin embarrasment) come on here and tell me he can only bet £2.50 at a time when A) their limits clearly state otherwise, B) i personally have never had a problem, and C) I do know people who reguarly have seriously lumpy bets on Football(soccer) and golf, I feel Ive got to say something if my experience is to the contrary.

englishmike

OK, done some research and Im going to post the following convo I had with them even though it certainly diminishes my argument slightly but I like to think Im honest and certainly not a b-s and certainly not someone that is not open to seeing someone elses pointof view, so I will post at risk of ridicule. I know Im only talking to Jonny Halfwit on livechat but he did give what I would call 'corporate' answers and he did give the impression they would cut you in a heartbeat if succesful. That said, Ive had many £200($400) MLB bets, some winners and some losers, and Ive never been refused. Ive also got to stand by what I said previously about golf bets, i personally know someone who had £500 e/w on Cliff Kresge on the PGA tour last week at 225-1. That to me is a lumpy bet and it was stood without question to lose nearly $300,000. Anyway, heres the log.

Thank you for contacting bet365 Live Chat. An advisor will be with you shortly.
    You are now chatting with Mark P.
    Mike: hi
    Mark P: Hello, welcome to Live Chat. How may I help you?
    Mike: Im having an argument on your behalf and I want some clarification
    Mike: how long have u got?
    Mark P: I have some time.
    Mike: ok
    Mark P: What would you like me to clarify?
    Mike: Ive never had a problem getting a bet on with yourselves and have quite a few freinds that would say the same
    Mike: At what point would you start reducing the amount you will take on abet if you perceice them to be 'profesional' or 'good'
    Mike: Im arguing youre a big outfit that will stand a large bet
    Mark P: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
    Mark P: We have a Trading analysis team that review accounts.
    Mark P: All bets are taken on their own merits.
    Mike: ok, i know you havent got long, do you run scared of large punters or winning punters?
    Mark P: Not that I am aware of.
    Mike: because my argument is
    Mike: youve just sold 57 shops
    Mike: youve got cash
    Mike: you dont need to run scared
    Mike: thats my point
    Mark P: Obviously I can not comment on that.
    Mike: thanks for your time

noyb

mike, i'm not saying bet365 will never take any decent size bets from anyone, but it's the type of bets that will get your account limited. your example of Kresge at 225-1, i'm not such a golf expert, but it's all about what other books (and the exchanges) had on offer at that time. if, let's say, 300-1, was available there, bet365 would be more then happy to lay that 500 pound bet, and a lot more problably.

you start getting into trouble if you bet that 225-1, and the price is 150-1 everywhere else, and you place these types of bets consistently. a lot of "bigger" bettors shop around where they can get the best number on a certain bet, and they only bet at 365 if they have the best number out of all of the tens of books they are using. they're the customers bet365 don't like and limit.
    if you place all or most of your bets with bet365 (or say you use 2-4 other books max) , pretty much regardless of price, i'm sure most of the time you will be able to bet as much as you want. you might even be winning long term (which really would be quite an accomplishment if you do not or hardly shop for lines) and get away with a perfectly unlimited account, altough in some cases plainly winning will also get you limited. i don't know if any of this applies to you, or maybe you were just lucky up until now.
    anyway, the same story goes for most (euro) books out there, bet365 is just known as one of the leaders in agressively slashing limits to ultimately ridiculously low levels if a customer shows only a hint to any type of betting style they don't like.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16973

Thanks mathdotcom and Katstale for sharing your experiences with us all.

HedgeHog, Any idea on how many seconds they have you delayed?
    BBD, I haven't actually timed it , but it feels like a 10-12 second delay at both BJ & 5D.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Bet365 are known in the UK to cut limits to nothing for:

1) Anyone they think is arbing. By cut limits, I mean <10 pound stake limits on everything, closing the account in all but name.

2) Bonus hunters.

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

If thats because they view me as a fukkin mug then so be it,
    You hit the nail on the head right there. Bet365 views you as a mug. They limit all players they see as sharp, double-quick. They obviously don't feel that way about you. This tendency of theirs is so well known in the industry it would fall under the category of common knowledge. As stated, they are widely known as Bet 3.65 for that reason.

Books that I know do the time delay in some cases:

Betonline
    Bet Jamaica

Frank
    Frank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9819

BetJamaica 15 seconds.

Skybook 15 seconds most times but occasionally more.

Betonline will not delay me but will automatically log me out after accepting a wager over a certain amount and make me go through the whole login process, which takes forever with the new software, to get back in my account.

I think CRIS/Bookmaker/Diamond may have added the "loading data" part to secretly slow players down who are trying to bet steam. At times it takes 30 seconds to load up a 15 game board. Its not a wager delay but it is a delay when switching from sport to sport.

Justin teased us in another thread by saying there was a way around this but everyone knows he is not going to let his secret out.

Broke Sport Guy
    Broke Sport Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

I could take a short nap at the time so books delay me.

bigboydan

HedgeHog: Considering Mr.Frank's and Mathdotcom comments regarding there time delays at 5Dimes and BetJamaica. You mentioned 12 seconds above, do you think it possibly could be 15 seconds for you as well?

Mr.Frank: I couldn't help but to notice that you have a bigger delay than Katstale does at Skybook. I guess the wagering patterns must be pretty different to have roughly a double time frame type gap.

englishmike

Thanks for your input, I'll continue to bet there because I always have but its interesting to hear this stuff, I'm shocked by it, if only because of the wealth and cashflow they have. To take it a step further, which three books would you say definetly accomodate people that could be described as clever, sharp or professional?

123 Last