Tomato
    Tomato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 618

Interesting rule at Justbet

We cater to recreational players only. Any professional, steam, or syndicate players will have their accounts closed immediately and account balances confiscated
    Bet steam and they will claim they have the right to seize the assets?

How would SBR rule on such a decision?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by Tomato View Post

How would SBR rule on such a decision?
    That's the worst rule I've ever seen.

Presumably their definition of "professional", "syndicate" or a "steam" play determines it and they just steal your money? !!!

Anyone who plays at a book with that rule would have to be just plain stupid.

BLACKLIST.
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 12-18-10 at 01:41 AM.

dikefale
    dikefale's Avatar Become A Pro!

They should put another rule,deposit and GTFOH!

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

what/ barr the site f rating

Border Gadgie
    Border Gadgie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2092

No Europeans welcome here, not eligible for bonuses, you will be given 20 cent lines rather than 10 cent for American punters, and severe limits on bets which may leave you with a nightmare rollover. Small minded outfit and definately not one to bother with when they have a ridiculous rule like that, your money would be better suited elsewhere.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17045

That rule would not hold up, and I doubt they use it to actually take legit funds. I think they simply want to deter pro action in the worst way.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Border Gadgie View Post
    No Europeans welcome here, not eligible for bonuses, you will be given 20 cent lines rather than 10 cent for American punters, and severe limits on bets which may leave you with a nightmare rollover. Small minded outfit and definately not one to bother with when they have a ridiculous rule like that, your money would be better suited elsewhere.
    And still they spam me with emails about freeplays...iam European.
    One of the worst bookies in the industry besides the fact that they pay, AVOID.

Trucker George
    Trucker George's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not a steam, pro, or syndicate bettor but reading a rule like that guarantees I'd never consider deposit with that book. Confiscation of the account balance for this rule is going way overboard. Also shows how important it is to read the terms of service and any other fine print.

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

ehh, people being over-dramatic in this thread. Many books don't welcome steam players and many of them are worse for taking actions against perceived professionals than JustBet.

In my experience, Justbet is a good safe book with less problems than most. I will not hesitate to continue playing there.

Pareto
    Pareto's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 52093

It would be nice to know if they had ever enforced that rule. And if so, which criteria they use to determine if a player falls under those categories.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Aren't justbet as vanilla as they get? Hard to imagine them getting steamed.

Still, awful rule.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

Quote Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
    Guys, I just spoke to JustBet management and they agreed it was poorly worded. They apologize for any confusion this may have caused. It will be changed immediately to....

We cater to recreational players only. Any professional, steam, or syndicate players will have their accounts closed immediately and account will be closed and entire balance will be returned to player.

Ibrakadabra
    Ibrakadabra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
    ehh, people being over-dramatic in this thread. Many books don't welcome steam players and many of them are worse for taking actions against perceived professionals than JustBet.

In my experience, Justbet is a good safe book with less problems than most. I will not hesitate to continue playing there.
    This is probably one of the worst things I´ve heard about too but most books gives themself the right to make all kinds of decisions without giving the customer any right to a fair treatment.

It´s true that most books don´t intend to use the rules, leaving the question, why do they even write ridiculous things like this? I mean, in what other business would it be possible to say you are allowed to confiscate someone elses funds because of a rule that will be totally up to the interpretation of one part?

It´s just so sad that you can´t be a bettor without the risk of getting ripped by anyone at any time, and they even have the right to do it.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post

Thanks MudCat! I agree 100%

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

If they ever enforce that rule, I imagine their rating would quickly drop to D-. It's still junk that they even list it as a rule.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Guys, I just spoke to JustBet management and they agreed it was poorly worded. They apologize for any confusion this may have caused. It will be changed immediately to....

We cater to recreational players only. Any professional, steam, or syndicate players will have their accounts closed immediately and account will be closed and entire balance will be returned to player.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Wierd rule, i was think about signing up there I might think twice now

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thought every book has mention of that in their rules , but most people never bother to read rules.

pokernut9999

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    If they ever enforce that rule, I imagine their rating would quickly drop to D-. It's still junk that they even list it as a rule.

I hope you have a lot of fun today Justin

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    Thought every book has mention of that in their rules , but most people never bother to read rules.
    no way!

they may discourage pro action but I've never seen any other site with a rule saying that they will STEAL YOUR MONEY if they don't like your action

If you play at a book with such a rule on their books (despite what they may say verbally) you've got rocks in your head

pokernut9999

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    no way!

they may discourage pro action but I've never seen any other site with a rule saying that they will STEAL YOUR MONEY if they don't like your action

If you play at a book with such a rule on their books (despite what they may say verbally) you've got rocks in your head

I believe words get twisted as you have already twisted the OP quote.

All books have rules about steam even the ones you play it.

Hareeba!

I believe words get twisted as you have already twisted the OP quote.

All books have rules about steam even the ones you play it.
    Please tell me what words I've twisted.
    It seems pretty clear and straightforward to me. They have the right to steal your money according to the statement posted by the OP.
    Many books (certainly not all) will limit or boot you if they don't like your play. This is the first time I've ever seen it written that they have the right to STEAL.

pokernut9999

His words "Bet steam and they will claim they have the right to seize the assets?"

Your words "they will STEAL YOUR MONEY if they don't like your action"l

I call that twisting words

So maybe his statement is off a little also.

Hareeba!

His words "Bet steam and they will claim they have the right to seize the assets?"

Your words "they will STEAL YOUR MONEY if they don't like your action"l

I call that twisting words

So maybe his statement is off a little also.
    Excuse me Pokernut but how else would you describe this:

" Any professional, steam, or syndicate players will have their accounts closed immediately and account balances confiscated" ?

I'm looking at the quote from their rules not what the OP put in his words.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just bet is by far the worst book I have ever played at. This book makes it clear that all they want is for the squarest of square players to play with them.

DwightShrute

Excuse me Pokernut but how else would you describe this:

" Any professional, steam, or syndicate players will have their accounts closed immediately and account balances confiscated" ?

I'm looking at the quote from their rules not what the OP put in his words.
    Hareeba? read my post
    It was worded badly and will be corrected within 24 hour to .... We cater to recreational players only. Any professional, steam, or syndicate players will have their accounts closed immediately and account will be closed and entire balance will be returned to player.

Of course Justbet wouldn't confiscate account balances. They have been taking bets since 1996 with over 20K players. Do you believe that after all these years they are gonna simply start stealing people's money?

Hareeba!

Hareeba? read my post
    It was worded badly and will be corrected within 24 hour to .... We cater to recreational players only. Any professional, steam, or syndicate players will have their accounts closed immediately and account will be closed and entire balance will be returned to player.

Of course Justbet wouldn't confiscate account balances. They have been taking bets since 1996 with over 20K players. Do you believe that after all these years they are gonna simply start stealing people's money?
    yes Dwight. I did read your post and that is encouraging.

now please read mine:
    "If you play at a book with such a rule on their books (despite what they may say verbally) you've got rocks in your head"

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    This book makes it clear that all they want is for the squarest of square players to play with them.

not true one bit. They, along with almost every recreational book are looking for players that give well rounded action. If you want to send a wire for 10K and bet it all on NHL or European soccer, Justbet won't be the book for you but if you like baskets and football, high limits, quick payouts and high bonuses.... you can't do much better.

Personally, I have had my limits lowered in 3 different books over the years at some real popular books. No big deal.

DwightShrute

yes Dwight. I did read your post and that is encouraging.

now please read mine:
    "If you play at a book with such a rule on their books (despite what they may say verbally) you've got rocks in your head"
    my best friends play there, so does my dad and over 500 of my best players. No one has or will ever get cheated out of any money. No question what so ever in my mind.

Look at other recreational books' fine print, it's nothing new.

good luck on your bets.

Hareeba!

I beg to differ. I've never seen such a licence to steal.

I challenge you to find any other book which says it can confiscate your money for being a professional, a syndicate member or betting steam.

They may never have done it. Who knows for sure? But as long as they have that licence you would have to have rocks in your head to play there.

And what advantage do they have over all the other books out there which would tempt you to play under such a licence?

pokernut9999

"Rocks in your head"

He likes this

By the way , I have never played there .

Hareeba!

"Rocks in your head"

He likes this

By the way , I have never played there .
    glad you like it PN

so as you haven't answered my question I take it that you now agree that their rule is a licence to steal?

DwightShrute

I beg to differ. I've never seen such a licence to steal.

I challenge you to find any other book which says it can confiscate your money for being a professional, a syndicate member or betting steam.

They may never have done it. Who knows for sure? But as long as they have that licence you would have to have rocks in your head to play there.

And what advantage do they have over all the other books out there which would tempt you to play under such a licence?
    OMG? didn't I post that it was worded incorrectly and management analogized for the error? I think I did, 3 times. My guess is it was written by a Costa Rican person and it got lost in the translation. It was worded incorrectly for sure.

OK you aren't ever gonna play there, that's fine. I am sorry you literally took it that way.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

my best friends play there, so does my dad and over 500 of my best players. No one has or will ever get cheated out of any money. No question what so ever in my mind.

good luck on your bets.
    Clearly your intentions in this thread have more to do with your personal gains than they do with the quality of Justbet.

Since you obviously stand to benefit from shilling for this book your opinion on this matter is extremely biased.

Not sure what you consider high limits but the limits at Justbet are extremely low, they offer a very limited bet selection, high juice, put lines up extremely late, and move their MLB lines to a .20 cent line on lines of -150+ and will intentionally shade their line at -140 to -150 just so they can move to a .20 cent line.

Piss poor book nobody with the slightest clue about pricing would consider this a good book for a player to play at.

Hareeba!

OMG? didn't I post that it was worded incorrectly and management analogized for the error? I think I did, 3 times. My guess is it was written by a Costa Rican person and it got lost in the translation. It was worded incorrectly for sure.

OK you aren't ever gonna play there, that's fine. I am sorry you literally took it that way.
    And didn't I tell you that that is fine and encouraging but nonetheless so long as the rule in on their books you accept it if you play there regardless of what you may have been told verbally? (And I just checked .. the rule remains on their site)

That is how LAW works.

I certainly wouldn't ever play there under that rule. And you failed to tell me what possible advantages Justbet has over the books I do play at (Pinnacle, Betfair, SBO, Matchbook, 188 and Tabcorp in the main) which would justify anybody accepting such a rule?

123 Last