boxcar
    boxcar's Avatar Become A Pro!

A+ Books, Winning, Winning Again, and Still Winning

OK I realize this question has been asked before, but the answers seem to be all over the place -- so sorry but I'll ask it again --

Of course this is a big "if," but if you're betting and winning consistently, and only using the big A rated books, can you bet the limits or even more than the internet limits with phone bets, consistently win, and continue to play, or will they cut you. By A books I'm talking CRIS, Greek, WSEX, etc.

Some answers here have said "NO," others have said something to the tune of "if you aren't doing things 'they don't like'", then yes. What is the correct answer? What are the things they don't like that will make them cut you? (I'm assuming scalping, arb'ing, etc). If you don't do these things will they let you keep taking their money?

How do Pros do it?

fingas
    fingas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

you can do all these things at betfair and they will never cut you

boxcar
    boxcar's Avatar Become A Pro!

. . . and if you don't live in the US, you can actually bet there.

I am at Matchbook and Tradesports, but the liquidity is pretty lousy. I like to bet totals and you can't count on getting down there.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Pinnacle doesn't boot winners ever. I've never heard of Cris doing so.

DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
    OK I realize this question has been asked before, but the answers seem to be all over the place -- so sorry but I'll ask it again --

Of course this is a big "if," but if you're betting and winning consistently, and only using the big A rated books, can you bet the limits or even more than the internet limits with phone bets, consistently win, and continue to play, or will they cut you. By A books I'm talking CRIS, Greek, WSEX, etc.

Some answers here have said "NO," others have said something to the tune of "if you aren't doing things 'they don't like'", then yes. What is the correct answer? What are the things they don't like that will make them cut you? (I'm assuming scalping, arb'ing, etc). If you don't do these things will they let you keep taking their money?

How do Pros do it?
    Until some Pro actually responds, I will state from what I gather from reading the forums that it is more of when you bet that the big books are most likely to cut your limits.

For instance, lines move at one book and you quickly go to another book where the line is moving a little slower and get a favorable line for yourself. Another-words, steam plays seem to be frowned upon.

Another one, you place a bet and then the lines move across the board. You do this often enough and would be labeled as a beard or "smart" type money. Which of course makes it look like you are part of a syndicate.

Those are just my observations from reading the forums. I have no personal experience with having my limits cut at any A rated book.

DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    Pinnacle doesn't boot winners ever. I've never heard of Cris doing so.
    I think Boxcar is from the US...

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pinnacle will boot horse winners.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

Quote Originally Posted by fiveteamer View Post
    were you doing negative purse?

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Didn't boot me, but I don't think so.

read

http://cangamble.blogspot.com/2008/0...-gambling.html

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by DukeJohn View Post
    I think Boxcar is from the US...
    Doesn't matter

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

Didn't boot me, but I don't think so.

read

http://cangamble.blogspot.com/2008/0...-gambling.html
    yeah pinnacle management are bunch of arrogant asses. they always contact me for some kind of info or sign some form whenever i am on a hot streak. pretty annoying at times. however it worked out for them, i think they hire some kind of virtual cooler. **** them.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by picoman View Post
    pinnacle management are bunch of arrogant asses.
    Couldn't agree more, I thought it would be difficult for Pinnacle CS/Management to be arrogant via email, I was wrong.

Have I mentioned that I really like Canbet?
    It's all smooth as silk with Canbet.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by DukeJohn View Post
    Until some Pro actually responds, I will state from what I gather from reading the forums that it is more of when you bet that the big books are most likely to cut your limits.

For instance, lines move at one book and you quickly go to another book where the line is moving a little slower and get a favorable line for yourself. Another-words, steam plays seem to be frowned upon.

Another one, you place a bet and then the lines move across the board. You do this often enough and would be labeled as a beard or "smart" type money. Which of course makes it look like you are part of a syndicate.

Those are just my observations from reading the forums. I have no personal experience with having my limits cut at any A rated book.

Good post.

TheGreek and CRIS will sometimes take 6 figures over the phone. They aren't going to cut your phone bets off for mainstream sports unless you are trying to Wagerweb them, keeping the clerk on the line during moves. If you are an originator those books will be happy to get your online action. If you are guy #2 making the same play for a max bet online you will be limited. They rather have you try to play steam on them than double popping openers.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36693

100% true, especially if you are playing a lower rated track with them.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never heard of the boot from Cris or Pinnacle. Cris will limit you for certain type bets. Greek will boot you, but it's fairly polite.

Pinnacle is only one I have ever dealt with that won't cut and/or boot. Thank you Pinny.

To be honest--of the lesser books--Skybook doesn't get enough love for how they handle mid-range players. I mean they will put you on a little delay--but they are definitely not whiners.

If Skybook would add Moneybookers, I would come on here and shill for them and yell for an A rating.

moonbeam
    moonbeam's Avatar Become A Pro!

ask bill dozer how much advertising SBR shit books pays for beeing advertised here