DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    duke- it can slow down withdrawl time by DAYS! They claim to have the fastest withdrawl times in the industry. at the very least put a note to every customer when they log in that a non expired ID is needed to withdraw and if your not sure if your id is expired to ask so you dont have delays when withdrawing.
    Well, I am just saying, they do list "Additional documentation may be required (ie. photo identification, copy of bill, credit card authorization form etc.) before a withdrawal is processed. " and an expired anything is not a valid document. Sure, you can sometimes get away with using an expired ID to get that case of beer, if the person does not look too close, but for the most part it just will not be a valid document.

So, the Greek, does post this already. Sure, it would be nice if they sent me an email letting me know, however, isn't really my responsibility.

I remember when I moved a couple of years ago. I didn't bother to wait until I was actually making a withdrawal. I contacted around 15 or so books to make sure they had the new address and sent any documentation they needed at the time. I even did this with books that I didn't have any funds in because I didn't want to hassle with it in the future.

Anyway, can you really blame the book because YOUR id expired and you didn't bother to give them the new ID. (not saying you specifically, just using it as dialog). That is just how I feel. I know the rules, if my ID expired and I didn't notify them and requested a withdrawal, then I would just hope they would look the other way and still process it, but if they said, "wait, we need a current ID." then I would completely understand and would probably feel better that they actually checked.

Just my two cents,

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

duke- i just disagree. an expired drivers liscense in my mind means that you cannot drive with it anymore. you are still that person. if i was checking ids for something, what do i care if its expired? its still proving that you are who you are. (i have never been in a job where i checks peoples ids so maybe its a more serious infraction then i think(.

i would have done the same thing with the address changes. im always proactive with this stuff whcih is why i was dissapointed inb thegreek. had i had any clue i might need to send them my id again, i would have. they caught me off guard. not the end of the world but i felt a little cheated.

venice2222
    venice2222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2354

Just scan it and email it to them. I had to do this in Jan.

alex.blasscyk
    alex.blasscyk's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just scan or fax your id. We don't need a thread for this...

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by alex.blasscyk View Post
    Just scan or fax your id. We don't need a thread for this...
    Who is we? You don't speak for everyone

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

duke- i just disagree. an expired drivers liscense in my mind means that you cannot drive with it anymore. you are still that person. if i was checking ids for something, what do i care if its expired? its still proving that you are who you are. (i have never been in a job where i checks peoples ids so maybe its a more serious infraction then i think(.
    If you try to buy liquor with an expired driver's license, they'll tell you to go to hell. I've actually seen signs warning of this (at least that they won't accept them).

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    If you try to buy liquor with an expired driver's license, they'll tell you to go to hell. I've actually seen signs warning of this (at least that they won't accept them).
    what if you are 21 and shop in the liquor store. you dont like getting id]d every time so they put your id on file. 5 years later your in a rush, go to buy liquor and they say, sorry id expired. we need your new id. you didnt bring it with you. wouldnt it be nice if the liquor store let you know this in advance?? not when your in a rush and might not have id on youU? i know, an extreme hypothetical.

side question- do all ids expire? would every id that thegreek accept as id have some form of expiration date?

tomcowley
    tomcowley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6786

You've already confirmed who's on the account. Barring some idiotic gaming commission licensing rule, it's completely pointless to ask for a newer copy of the ID if none of the withdrawal details have changed- they've already been confirmed to be you. Nothing changes because the license has a printed expiration date of 2010 instead of 2100.
    Points Awarded:

Chuck Sims gave tomcowley 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

I faxed the info. Lets hope they do not want my fingerprints next.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Sims View Post
    I faxed the info. Lets hope they do not want my fingerprints next.
    Maybe d i c k size will be next for these online books to ask for

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Ive never had any problems withdrawing from the Greek, but I too think the expired licence thing is going a little to far, as long as it expired while they had a copy of it, JMO.

later

DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

what if you are 21 and shop in the liquor store. you dont like getting id]d every time so they put your id on file. 5 years later your in a rush, go to buy liquor and they say, sorry id expired. we need your new id. you didnt bring it with you. wouldnt it be nice if the liquor store let you know this in advance?? not when your in a rush and might not have id on youU? i know, an extreme hypothetical.

side question- do all ids expire? would every id that thegreek accept as id have some form of expiration date?
    Well, if TABC (Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission) found you selling alcohol to someone with an expired licensed you would be fined about $2,500. Of course if this was the third offense of the many ways to offend the TABC, then your alcohol license would be up for review to terminate. A messy hassle, now of course as an ex-bar owner, that is why I made sure all staff was TABC certified. If an employee is certified then it is their certification that is liable and not the bar license. Anyway, I think I got off topic here.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Only need your ID if you bet Credit Card...well i thought anyway. I've never needed to send in my ID and i use ** for deposits.

scott235
    scott235's Avatar Become A Pro!

Absurd! If you've been with them since 2006, they likely even know your voice by now. If you are an account in good standing with no suspicious activity (occasionally winning is not suspicious) this is arbitrary BS. The mods need to step in.

scott235

Also, get a verbal payout PW and give it to management only, and they will have no reason to try this crap.

scott235

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post
    Only need your ID if you bet Credit Card...well i thought anyway. I've never needed to send in my ID and i use ** for deposits.
    Yup!....and even then they could put a 30 day hold on the deposit in case of cc theft. This is arbitrary data mining pure and simple.

Chuck Sims

scott235, I have been with them since 2000. Same address. All cash/b2b transactions. I have a special password for withdraws.

In the beginning, no ID required for withdraws, then it was a drivers license. Now its drivers license AND billing.

Are you saying some people have not been required to send in drivers license for their withdraws?

I've faxed in the info. No mod help needed at this time.

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

scott235, I have been with them since 2000. Same address. All cash/b2b transactions. I have a special password for withdraws.

In the beginning, no ID required for withdraws, then it was a drivers license. Now its drivers license AND billing.

Are you saying some people have not been required to send in drivers license for their withdraws?

They were strange with me in the spring.

I was taking my money out after NBA, ended up with 30K or so in there. Moneybookers has a 5K daily limit with them, so I was taking it out in 5K chunks.

After they pay me twice, they suddenly decide they need an old utility bill with my old address (which I still had on file with them) on it. Thankfully I had one still on the computer, so I sent it to them, problem resolved.

Wally said it was because of Jamaican government. I donno. Once this got straightened out though (just took a few hours) they went back to paying like clockwork, got the remaining balance within the week.

scott235

The Greek knows it's you they are dealing with, I think we both can agree on this- esp since you have a a PO password and have been with them since 2000. So why do they need this info? I f they quote that they need it by law, they are simply lying. Ask them to state the statute and send the attachment and they will not, and do you know why, because it doesn't exist. They are not your banker, you are not applying for a job or mortgage. They are collecting this data BECAUSE IT IS WORTH A LOT OF MONEY.

Yes! There are many people on this forum who have never sent dox to a book. I turned a horrible college basketball season into an opportunity to make my betting more private. I was in the position of having to reload, and I made my deposit contingent on that I would never have to send sensitive personal dox. I simply stated that I was an account in good standing with no suspicious activity and if that was not good enough I would choose to deposit elsewhere. This was also reasonable to them since I never have deposited by cc.

I was polite, persistant, and most importantly got it in writing(email).

Chuck Sims

I appreciate the feedback. The info was faxed and since I need them more than they need me I was compliant to their request.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

The greek worked with me...send a reasonable email and they will work with you

scott235

Good luck to you and I can't say I wouldn't have done the same in your position. In the future, try to get everything in an email for SBR review. The books hate it and are often evasive, but if you are patient you can pin them down to a straight answer. They need us and our deposits too.

First 12